The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

14 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Maurice runs and kneels by Cass looking at the wound. The Tenno waved her away. 

"I'm simply winded child." He says. 

The blood forms a trail leading to Tony and you see it dropping from his nose and a gash on his head.

A flash of movement behind you and you see a hooded and cloaked figure attempting to escape out the window.

There was a soft flash of light and Richard was opening a medical kit.  "The hell you are.  Hold still for three seconds."

He thumbed a button and shot Cass with something from a syringe.  The wounds closed. 

Just now, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Stabilis drops his arm, and steps off of him.*

"I accept your defeat.  Now tell me, what of this mantle? I know nothing of it, as the shades simply told me I would need it."

"It is a symbol of their order." He says. "Or of their leaders, that much I know."

He walks towards an entrance to the towers that surround the ring and motions for you to follow.

Just now, Rakawan said:

"It is a symbol of their order." He says. "Or of their leaders, that much I know."

He walks towards an entrance to the towers that surround the ring and motions for you to follow.

*Stabilis follows*

"So, even the one whom I was told to meet about knows next to nothing about it.  These shades do like their secrets."

6 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The figure seems unaffected by the lasso and seems to blur to one side, the shots hitting the wall. 

It leaps out the window.

Guards rush into the room, shielding you and the initiates and hustling you away from the window.

"Secure the perimeter one says. "Summon the Grandmaster."

Gallik sighs. 

"Here I was hoping it would be a quiet day." He says kneeling by Tony. "This one still lives, secure him."

The guards slap bindings in him and drag him away.

The Guards lead you all to the room where the initiates where. And bar the door, scanning the walls and ceiling.

"Seems like one of the shades went amok" Therese commented the event "that thing wasn't a physical entity"

Edited by Teloch

4 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

There was a soft flash of light and Richard was opening a medical kit.  "The hell you are.  Hold still for three seconds."

He thumbed a button and shot Cass with something from a syringe.  The wounds closed. 

The Tenno nods his thanks.

"He just manifested Blades and attacked." He says. "I haven't been caught off guard like that since the last time a student turned on the others."

The guards hustle both of you into the guarded room.

"You should see to the initiate." Cass says. "We need him alive."

Edited by Rakawan

1 minute ago, Teloch said:

"Seems like one of the shades went amok" Therese commented the event "that thing wasn't physical entity"

"I sensed nothing." One of the Guards says. "It was not a shade, that much I know."

Gallik sits on a cushion, his brow furrowed as if trying to recall something. A look of mortified curiosity crosses his face. 

"It cannot be." He says. "But there are few alternatives."

Edited by Rakawan

3 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Stabilis follows*

"So, even the one whom I was told to meet about knows next to nothing about it.  These shades do like their secrets."

"I hold the mantle for them." He says. "Nothing else. One shows up from time to time making sure it's intact but that's it."

He stops outside a vault door.

"In here." He says. "They says you'd know how to open it."

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

The Tenno nods his thanks.

"He just manifested Blades and attacked." He says. "I haven't been caught off guard like that since the last time a student turned on the others."

The guards hustle both of you into the guarded room.

"You should see the the intimate." Cass says. "We need him alive."

Richard sighed heavily.  "I was right in the middle of a Council-mandated appointment.  I suppose I'll be gone longer than five minutes."

He shrugged, his Warframe rising around him as he did so.

6 minutes ago, CelestialSabre said:

"Just doing your own thing"

"Hardly." He says. "This is the first time I've been able to relax."

"Says here we get an hour or less to acclimate, then it's guard duty." The one with the book says. "Then drills, training, practice. Regular military stuff."

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"I sensed nothing." One of the Guards says. "It was not a shade, that much I know."

Gallik sits in a cushion, his brow furrowed as if trying to recall something. A look of mortified curiosity crosses his face.

Still finding the setting not entirely reassuring, Therese just couldn't calm down. "I don't know if it was a shade or some other sort of the void energy manifestation, but something clearly possessed the kid! Something not from this plane" after a single angry pout, she looked at the human shade. "Any suspicions from the actual resident?" she asked more calmly.

Just now, Rakawan said:

"Hardly." He says. "This is the first time I've been able to relax."

"Says here we get an hour or less to acclimate, then it's guard duty." The one with the book says. "Then drills, training, practice. Regular military stuff."

"I see" Sol looks around the room, taking in every little detail

1 minute ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard sighed heavily.  "I was right in the middle of a Council-mandated appointment.  I suppose I'll be gone longer than five minutes."

He shrugged, his Warframe rising around him as he did so.

The initiate is surrounded by guards in a separate cell.

His nose is broken and there is a large gash on his forehead.

32 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"And I get to see you do the same." She says. "Once the Watchers detect his presence. He is after someone, but he'll have to reach their mind. And that will make him visible."

She gestures to the creatures.

"In the meantime," She says. "Aren't you curious about all this?" 

"I was more curious about you, but since that curiosity has been quenched till it suffocated... sure, tell me about your friendos." Alice replied.

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"I hold the mantle for them." He says. "Nothing else. One shows up from time to time making sure it's intact but that's it."

He stops outside a vault door.

"In here." He says. "They says you'd know how to open it."

*Stabilis walks in, and approaches the mantle.  He runs his fingers along the edge, then the face, trying to figure out how it opens.  He turns back to Nikolai*

"Just don't lock me in here.  I think you'd like the door intact."

1 minute ago, Teloch said:

Still finding the setting not entirely reassuring, Therese just couldn't calm down. "I don't know if it was a shade or some other sort of the void energy manifestation, but something clearly possessed the kid! Something not from this plane" after a single angry pout, she looked at the human shade. "Any suspicions from the actual resident?" she asked more calmly.

"There was nothing of our nature affecting him or his accomplice." Gallik says. "I have seen this once before."

Just now, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Stabilis walks in, and approaches the mantle.  He runs his fingers along the edge, then the face, trying to figure out how it opens.  He turns back to Nikolai*

"Just don't lock me in here.  I think you'd like the door intact."

((The Mantle is in the vault, out of sight. The vault door is in the way.))

The door has no visible handles. It dies not budge when you push it. The surface is covered with the same runes as the pages of the book. A memory stirs if a page with a diagram of a similar door.

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The initiate is surrounded by guards in a separate cell.

His nose is broken and there is a large gash on his forehead.

Richard closed the wounds with a flick of his wrist.  "What happened?" he asked a guard.

4 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"I was more curious about you, but since that curiosity has been quenched till it suffocated... sure, tell me about your friendos." Alice replied.

"They are an archaic form of infested." Sai'ah says. "I found them. Apparently they hunt in packs led by psionic beings of great power. When two packs meet they merge, falling under the guidance of the stronger leader."

She looks at them.

"They seem made to hunt psionic users." She says. "Their minds are strong. Even I cannot force them to act. They follow because I am strong, not because I make them."

2 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"How so?" It seems like the lady would need extra time, security, and treats to calm down

"The way that one by the window moved." He says. "I saw someone do the same. The Arbiter was watching a report. I did not catch the title. He seemed very disturbed by it."

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

((The Mantle is in the vault, out of sight. The vault door is in the way.))

The door has no visible handles. It dies not budge when you push it. The surface is covered with the same runes as the pages of the book. A memory stirs if a page with a diagram of a similar door.

((Oh))

*Stabilis thinks back to the page with the scribbles.  He runs his hand along one of the runes, then another.  He is trying to recreate the pattern in the book*

4 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard closed the wounds with a flick of his wrist.  "What happened?" he asked a guard.

"He attacked Cass." The Guard says. "We heard him shout something about Blasphemy."

Tony groans and curls tighter.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

((Oh))

*Stabilis thinks back to the page with the scribbles.  He runs his hand along one of the runes, then another.  He is trying to recreate the pattern in the book*

The runes flare under your fingers, but nothing happens. You sense a shiver of power run through the door as you move your hands but it dies not seem to be enough to open it.

Edited by Rakawan

13 minutes ago, CelestialSabre said:

"I see" Sol looks around the room, taking in every little detail

The room is similar to military barracks, and is very spartan. 

There is nothing of interest.

A clock in the wall counts down from nine. It seems to mark the passage of time till you all have to go stand guard."