The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

Just now, Rakawan said:

The frame appears to be the only thing.

"Not sure why they call it the Mantle." Nikolai says. "But it's yours."

He looks at you.

"You're really going to restart the Order?" He asks.

"Possibly.  It will help me, and it will help others.  In this world of swords, the people need shields.  And the people need something that they can aspire to, ones who the look to not as gods, but as fellow humans."

*Stabilis approaches the Atlas prime, and then rips off everything that made it look primed.  He was left standing in front of a decorative, normal atlas.  He took off bits of his armor, replacing them with the decorative bits of the atlas prime.*

"I hope you will respect my choice, but I do not expect you to understand.  Not until I tell you why I have disgraced the prime."

1 minute ago, -Platinum- said:

*She nods* "But please, not here, where master can hear me, take me somewhere safe..."

"You are as safe as you are going to be... darling." Sai'ah says. "Now talk. She isn't known for her patience."

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

"You are as safe as you are going to be... darling." Sai'ah says. "Now talk. She isn't known for her patience."

"You wouldn't want my fingers engulfed by you eye juices, would you?~" Alice giggled, poking at the Despair knife still stuck in her chest.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

"Possibly.  It will help me, and it will help others.  In this world of swords, the people need shields.  And the people need something that they can aspire to, ones who the look to not as gods, but as fellow humans."

*Stabilis approaches the Atlas prime, and then rips off everything that made it look primed.  He was left standing in front of a decorative, normal atlas.  He took off bits of his armor, replacing them with the decorative bits of the atlas prime.*

"I hope you will respect my choice, but I do not expect you to understand.  Not until I tell you why I have disgraced the prime."

The interface of your Atlas goes static.

"Uploading translation matrix. Vision systems temporarily offline." A notification says. "Chi reservoirs empty, refill needed."

The ornaments seem to be interfacing with your frame.

"Detecting spirit nearby." The interface says. "Converting."

A refined and almost elegant version of the energy you felt earlier flows through the suit. Sarah changes hues to silver. 

"I'm just the vault Guardian."Nikolai says. "That being said I do have a favor to ask."

Edited by Rakawan

2 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"You wouldn't want my fingers engulfed by you eye juices, would you?~" Alice giggled, poking at the Despair knife still stuck in her chest.

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

*She nods* "Hes..on the other side of this rock, hiding in a small cave near by, there is alot of radiation there, to try distribute any scanners" *She says* "But please, take me with you"

9 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

It quickly becomes apparent that the plan would require one more person than you have.

"Any ideas Newbie?" John asks.

Boots echo down the hall.

"Prepare for inspection." A voice booms.

"You're right, that wouldnt work." Sol thinks for a moment "Ok. Nick, Mick, you take the other entrance. John, and........You, take the corners. I'll take this entrance."

Just now, Rakawan said:

The interface of your Atlas goes static.

"Uploading translation matrix. Vision systems temporarily offline." A notification says. "Chi reservoirs empty, refill needed."

The ornaments seem to be interfacing with your frame.

"Detecting spirit nearby." The interface says. "Converting."

A refined and almost elegant version of the energy you felt earlier flows through the suit. Sarah changes hues to silver. 

*Stabilis looks towards Sarah, almost worried that this was a trap.  A mockery of his challenger.  He shook that notion from his head.*

"So this is what it truly feels like."

*Sarah does not notice her change, and barely seems to recognize Stabilis's new appearance.  Stabilis turns back to the atlas prime, still seeing it in its former royalty.  He steps closer, and then punches the face of the helmet, caving the hallow metal in.  He walked out of the vault, standing by Sarah.*

"Nikolai, do you have anyone who would want to join this order?"

5 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*She nods* "Hes..on the other side of this rock, hiding in a small cave near by, there is alot of radiation there, to try distribute any scanners" *She says* "But please, take me with you"

"We cannot afford to waste time restraining her." Sai'ah says. 

3 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Stabilis looks towards Sarah, almost worried that this was a trap.  A mockery of his challenger.  He shook that notion from his head.*

"So this is what it truly feels like."

*Sarah does not notice her change, and barely seems to recognize Stabilis's new appearance.  Stabilis turns back to the atlas prime, still seeing it in its former royalty.  He steps closer, and then punches the face of the helmet, caving the hallow metal in.  He walked out of the vault, standing by Sarah.*

"Nikolai, do you have anyone who would want to join this order?"

"That's what I was about to ask you." He says. "You'll need a place to stay and students to teach. Me and my boys are fighters, but I reckon most would jump at the chance to be something greater."

6 minutes ago, CelestialSabre said:

"You're right, that wouldnt work." Sol thinks for a moment "Ok. Nick, Mick, you take the other entrance. John, and........You, take the corners. I'll take this entrance."

They follow your orders and Tiny comes around the corner. His helmet is down and his face is set in a stern look.

"Private!" He bellows. "Where is your unit?"

"That's what I was about to ask you." He says. "You'll need a place to stay and students to teach. Me and my boys are fighters, but I reckon most would jump at the chance to be something greater."

*Stabilis nods*

"Of course.  But there would have to be some test, so that the order does not become filled with those who seek a personal glorification.  And they must be ready to stand firm, and let greater forces strike them without retaliation.  Any ideas?"

*Stabilis walks out, moving back into the room where he and Nikolai first met.  Sarah tails him, skip-walking and softly humming a blissful tune.*

34 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"I don't believe he intended anyone harm.  From what I observed, it was programmed behavior in response to some predetermined trigger condition.  Major, could you enlighten us as to what occurred?  I'm afraid Tony's conscious mind won't be available until the drugs wear off."

"To keep it short: I was talking to Gallik's shade when this initiate went frenzied and stabbed one of the mentors. I had to take the kid down with a blast..." she looked at the patient and muttered "and very surprised of why isn't he burnt,' then she continued "In any case, this one was behaving strange, as in staring people for the purposes of scanning them, speaking with severe complications. Among other clues we've collected is the fact that this kid was studying to some particular book, and he yelled the word "blasphemy" when listening about the history of Zariman and before going berzerk. After neutralizing him, I had a visual contact with the ethereal entity that supposedly possessed the kid. Void and physically immune, from what it seemed. Gallik said that he once saw something like that before" 

Just now, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Stabilis nods*

"Of course.  But there would have to be some test, so that the order does not become filled with those who seek a personal glorification.  And they must be ready to stand firm, and let greater forces strike them without retaliation.  Any ideas?"

*Stabilis walks out, moving back into the room where he and Nikolai first met.  Sarah tails him, skip-walking and softly humming a blissful tune.*

"I'd be happy to test their arm and the iron of their bones." Nikolai says. "But as for dedication, or intent. I cannot think of an appropriate test."

The Spirits of the First Masters follow you.

1 minute ago, Teloch said:

"To keep it short: I was talking to Gallik's shade when this initiate went frenzied and stabbed one of the mentors. I had to take the kid down with a blast..." she looked at the patient and muttered "and very surprised of why isn't he burnt,' then she continued "In any case, this one was behaving strange, as in staring people for the purposes of scanning them, speaking with severe complications. Among other clues we've collected is the fact that this kid was studying to some particular book, and he yelled the word "blasphemy" when listening about the history of Zariman and before going berzerk. After neutralizing him, I had a visual contact with the ethereal entity that supposedly possessed the kid. Void and physically immune, from what it seemed. Gallik said that he once saw something like that before" 

"Can you describe this entity more?" Ryoko asks. "You said ethereal? Like one of the shades?"

He seems to be going somewhere with thus, trying to convince himself of something.

Edited by Rakawan

5 minutes ago, Teloch said:

-ignore-

Edited by Yzjdriel

4 minutes ago, CelestialSabre said:

" I need no one to watch my back sir. But if there must be someone who does, then we are one man short"

"No one to watch your back?" He demands. "Then why are you here? Everyone needs someone to back them up."

His eyes narrow.

"One man short?" He demands. "Are there not five of you, or did someone stay back and sleep?"

"Can you describe this entity more?" Ryoko asks. "You said ethereal? Like one of the shades?"

He seems to be going somewhere with thus, trying to convince himself of something.

"Immune to standard void-based powers, immune to physical force, semi-translucent, of semi-humanoid looks, wore a cloak with a hood of sorts, quite nimble"