The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"We cannot stop this." The spirits say. You can hear Sarah's voice among them. "We are not fading, we are finding peace. If you need our wisdom you have but to ask."

They fade away before you can reach the Temple. However you can still sense their presence. It seems to flow through the world.

*Stabilis tries to push down the anger, to keep himself calm.  'It's just a memory' he repeated this to himself, to help stay calm.  He walked back to the cell that he had first studied in, and sat against the wall.*

"You are memories, no spirits; residue of the void.  Why do you need peace?  You are no souls, no life, only an echo of time."

*He did not care if they heard him, yet he was still angered.  His voice was lowered.*

"Please, just leave her here."

5 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Stabilis tries to push down the anger, to keep himself calm.  'It's just a memory' he repeated this to himself, to help stay calm.  He walked back to the cell that he had first studied in, and sat against the wall.*

"You are memories, no spirits; residue of the void.  Why do you need peace?  You are no souls, no life, only an echo of time."

*He did not care if they heard him, yet he was still angered.  His voice was lowered.*

"Please, just leave her here."

A spirit appears. It is Sarah but all eight vices are mixed when she speaks, and it sounds as through it takes great effort.

"It takes effort. To remain like. This." They say. "Unlike the Keepers. We do not. Have a source. To draw from. We cannot manifest. As the others do."

You can feel a large drain on the new power within you. 

"The Keeper can explain." They say. "This is their domain, not ours."

Edited by Rakawan

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

A spirit appears. It is Sarah but all eight vices are mixed when she speaks, and it sounds as through it takes great effort.

"It takes effort. To remain like. This." They says. "Unlike the Keepers. We do not. Have a source. To draw from. We cannot manifest. As the others do."

You can feel a large drain on the new power within you. 

"Why?  What energy source do you need?  And why did you take her with you?"

*Stabilis rises, and walks closer*

"WHY DID YOU TAKE HER!"

Just now, (XB1)chillichillman said:

"Why?  What energy source do you need?  And why did you take her with you?"

*Stabilis rises, and walks closer*

"WHY DID YOU TAKE HER!"

"Speak with the keeper." The spirit says. "This is his domain. She is still. With you."

You can feel their presence as they fade. You can also feel Sarah's presence. It responds warmly as your conciousness brushes it but does not respond to your questions.

54 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*She looks up to them* "Please, don't just kill me, your as bad as, him, if you do, I;ll correlate with you, I promise" 

"Well... toodles!" Alice said, making it the last words her prey's gonna hear.

Her two sharp fingers stabbed her eyes, going deep into her skull and pulling. Alice was giggling as she did this, she wanted to hear her scream before digging deeper, into her brain. Her other hand gripped the Despair knife in the victims chest, twisting it around but not going deeper. She doesn't want her to die too soon...

((I hope this isn't too brutal... because I could go further XD.))

9 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Speak with the keeper." The spirit says. "This is his domain. She is still. With you."

You can feel their presence as they fade. You can also feel Sarah's presence. It responds warmly as your conciousness brushes it but does not respond to your questions.

*Stabilis walks out of the cell, looking for the keeper.  His anger is wavering, still volatile, but calming.  He slows to the sound of slow-clapping.  It is the man with bullet wounds from earlier*

"Are you-

Nope!  I'm just the apparition of your little voice in the back of your mind!  So, you know, just don't talk to me in public.  Cause that's a way to get yourself into an asylum.  Anyways, good job with not lashing out! Did much better than I thought you would.  But, let's take a moment to think about what you plan to do with this keeper.

*Stabilis thought.  He would go, find the keeper, talk about getting Sarah back, then probably snap and slam him onto the wall, and then have a lot of guards reign down on him.*

And so, you should-

"Take a moment to cool off."

*The voice fades, and Stabilis roams the halls, looking in at the sights and people there, all the while slowing his breathing.*

((If you've ever seen Mr.Robot, it's like that.))

Edited by (XB1)chillichillman

6 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

Her two sharp fingers stabbed her eyes, going deep into her skull and pulling. Alice was giggling as she did this, she wanted to hear her scream before digging deeper, into her brain. Her other hand gripped the Despair knife in the victims chest, twisting it around but not going deeper. She doesn't want her to die too soon...

((..Well..then..))

*Just as her fingers slam into her eyes, she only groans in pain, as she digs in, her body beings to suddenly spasmed out, it keeps doing this quite alot, before dropping lifeless*

Edited by -Platinum-
Yep, Can't talk after that..

1 minute ago, -Platinum- said:

((..Well..then..))

*Just as her fingers slam into her eyes, she only groans in pain, as she digs in, her body beings to suddenly spasmed out, it keeps doing this quite alot, before dropping lifeless* "Not.....today..rughhhhhh.."

Alice was visibly upset. Her fingers dug as deep as they could, before she lifted the head and slammed it back down with enough force to crack it open. Then again... and again... and again...
"Why... won't... you... scream?!"

((..Well..then..))

*Just as her fingers slam into her eyes, she only groans in pain, as she digs in, her body beings to suddenly spasmed out, it keeps doing this quite alot, before dropping lifeless* "Not.....today..rughhhhhh.."

4 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

((I'd say we make this the limit. So a little less brutal next time. Just imply what she does and the other player will respond.))

((Also the Nyx is dead now.))

"Done?" Sai'ah asks. "We should move before 

6 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Stabilis walks out of the cell, looking for the keeper.  His anger is wavering, still volatile, but calming.  He slows to the sound of slow-clapping.  It is the man with bullet wounds from earlier*

"Are you-

Nope!  I'm just the apparition of your little voice in the back of your mind!  So, you know, just don't talk to me in public.  Cause that's a way to get yourself into an asylum.  Anyways, good job with not lashing out! Did much better than I thought you would.  But, let's take a moment to think about what you plan to do with this keeper.

*Stabilis thought.  He would go, find the keeper, talk about getting Sarah back, then probably snap and slam him onto the wall, and then have a lot of guards reign down on him.*

And so, you should-

"Take a moment to cool off."

*The voice fades, and Stabilis roams the halls, looking in at the sights and people there, all the while slowing his breathing.*

((If you've ever seen Mr.Robot, it's like that.))

A voice sounds behind you.

"I'll assume by the power flowing off you that you found what you needed?" Tak asks.

3 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

Alice was visibly upset. Her fingers dug as deep as they could, before she lifted the head and slammed it back down with enough force to crack it open. Then again... and again... and again...
"Why... won't... you... scream?!"

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

((I'd say we make this the limit. So a little less brutal next time. Just imply what she does and the other player will respond.))

*She is dead, upon closer inspection, it seems she killed herself, before she chuold do anything*

(( Yep, I am NOT explaining how, she did, cuz I petty much made it self-Exponential, if you -really- want to kown, PM me))

Edited by -Platinum-

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

A voice sounds behind you.

"I'll assume by the power flowing off you that you found what you needed?" Tak asks.

"Yes. And no. Walk with me."

*Stabilis slows his pace, allowing Tak to keep up ((he is 7ft)).  He breathed deeply once more, before beginning to speak*

"The first masters have faded. They said it was them finding peace. I would have been fine with it, but they took Sarah with them. They told me that a power source is needed, and to speak with the keeper about it. Tell me, will you help me?"

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Alice pulled her fingers our, licking the blood off of them. It tasted like fish...
"Yep, let's go!"

*She is dead, upon closer inspection, it seems she killed herself, before she chuold do anything*

(( Yep, I am NOT explaining how, she did, cuz I petty much made it self-Exponential, if you -really- want to kown, PM me))

((Oh, come on... are you serious? What was the point of that? Is it so hard to let an OC die? Or at least by the hand of another player?))

Just now, Denny2669 said:

Alice pulled her fingers our, licking the blood off of them. It tasted like fish...
"Yep, let's go!"

((Oh, come on... are you serious? What was the point of that? Is it so hard to let an OC die? Or at least by the hand of another player?))

((It makes sense to have a failsafe trigger or some sort of suicide device.))

1 minute ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

"Yes. And no. Walk with me."

*Stabilis slows his pace, allowing Tak to keep up ((he is 7ft)).  He breathed deeply once more, before beginning to speak*

"The first masters have faded. They said it was them finding peace. I would have been fine with it, but they took Sarah with them. They told me that a power source is needed, and to speak with the keeper about it. Tell me, will you help me?"

He follows you.

"Shades cannot exist without an input of energy to sustain them." He says. "It appears they are no longer linked to this place and so cannot draw from the obelisk as the other shades do. What they are doing is existing in 'low power mode'. Trying to keep the drain on you as low as possible."

He follows you.

"Shades cannot exist without an input of energy to sustain them." He says. "It appears they are no longer linked to this place and so cannot draw from the obelisk as the other shades do. What they are doing is existing in 'low power mode'. Trying to keep the drain on you as low as possible."

"But Sarah was not one of them, yet they took her. Do you know why?"

*The voice appeared from time to time, usually sitting on something, but always watching. Stabilis did his best to not look at him, yet he still found himself glancing from time to time*

"Wouldnt she still draw from the obelisk?"

"But Sarah was not one of them, yet they took her. Do you know why?"

*The voice appeared from time to time, usually sitting on something, but always watching. Stabilis did his best to not look at him, yet he still found himself glancing from time to time*

"Wouldnt she still draw from the obelisk?"

"If I had to hazard a guess I'd say they didn't want you to be dependant on the Keepers." He says. "If she were a shade she would be under our power, not yours. So they changed her imprint. Might I see her?"

"If I had to hazard a guess I'd say they didn't want you to be dependant on the Keepers." He says. "If she were a shade she would be under our power, not yours. So they changed her imprint. Might I see her?"

"Possibly. I am unsure on how to summon her. But..."

*Stabilis stopped, and reached out with his mind, thinking only of Sarah. There is a shimmer, and an outline of her appears*

((little unsure if I have 100% control here))

"Possibly. I am unsure on how to summon her. But..."

*Stabilis stopped, and reached out with his mind, thinking only of Sarah. There is a shimmer, and an outline of her appears*

((little unsure if I have 100% control here))

((Until he Masters using the powers no. I'll let you know if things fuzzed or fail.))

Tak walks forward to look at her.

"The weaving is crude, more basic than our work. The source is set to you and you are rather..,depleted at the moment." He says. "You will need to find a source to replenish your strength."

11 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

((Until he Masters using the powers no. I'll let you know if things fuzzed or fail.))

Tak walks forward to look at her.

"The weaving is crude, more basic than our work. The source is set to you and you are rather..,depleted at the moment." He says. "You will need to find a source to replenish your strength."

"Do you know what would help me to recharge, other than a meal of argon crystals?"

Hey, your first joke here!  You should get a medal, but I don't got any.

*Stabilis resisted the urge to shush the voice, faintly shushing it through his teeth*

7 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed walks over to the Kitchen, he looks to see if there is a sign, telling him NOT to go in* "Chief?

"What do you need?" He asks.

There is no way to the kitchen short of vaulting the bar. You sense Seven would not like that.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

"Do you know what would help me to recharge, other than a meal of argon crystals?"

Hey, your first joke here!  You should get a medal, but I don't got any.

*Stabilis resisted the urge to shush the voice, faintly shushing it through his teeth*

"Exposure to the void or a rift." He says. "You could try meditating. The artificial leylines carry energy under the surface, you may be able to tap into that."

Edited by Rakawan