The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

1 minute ago, Teloch said:

Therese enabled the retranslation script to Ryoko and answered to the unknown entity "why should I believe a potential acolyte?"

"Ex-Acolyte." He says. "Because I am your only lead, right now. You know as well as I do that tracking an unknown enemy with unknown abilities will not end well."

He shows you an image of a coffeehouse in the city square.

"Tsun will be waiting for you." He says. "He has the answers you seek."

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

"Ex-Acolyte." He says. "Because I am your only lead, right now. You know as well as I do that tracking an unknown enemy with unknown abilities will not end well."

He shows you an image of a coffeehouse in the city square.

"Tsun will be waiting for you." He says. "He has the answers you seek."

"What's your interest?" The short answer shots back

7 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*The voices. Stabilis began to focus on the voices, trying to understand what they were saying, and why they were talking.*

They seem to be the spirits. 

"Obviously cares about her." One says. 

"Not our call to make."

"Everyone needs a companion."

"of their choosing."

5 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"What's your interest?" The short answer shots back

"Everyone deserves a chance to remedy past mistakes." He says. "I am trying to do such, and grant another the same opportunity."

Edited by Rakawan

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

They seem to be the spirits. 

"Obviously cares about her." One says. 

"Not our call to make."

"Everyone needs a companion."

"of their choosing."

*Stabilis listens, unsure if they are talking about him, Sarah, or both. Suddenly, he was in a room, in front of the voice. The coice simply slaps him, and then he returns to the present moment, but things are slightly clearer. He waits for the voices to become fully clear*

Just now, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Stabilis listens, unsure if they are talking about him, Sarah, or both. Suddenly, he was in a room, in front of the voice. The coice simply slaps him, and then he returns to the present moment, but things are slightly clearer. He waits for the voices to become fully clear*

"He is listening."

"I know."

"Are you angry?"

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Everyone deserves a chance to remedy past mistakes." He says. "I am trying to do such, and grant another the same opportunity."

Instead of answering to the strange nekros, Therese PM'ed Ryoko "Received?"

Edited by Teloch

3 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Stabilis speaks with his mind, directly talking to them*

"If you are going to be staying in my mind, then there is something you should know. The reason as to why I long for Sarah"

"Not in your mind, but not out of it either." The voices say. "Tell us your story."

18 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"It is the only clue we have." Ryoko responds. "I will deal with him. Seek out Tsun. And be careful Major."

"Aren't you better aware of the context and of what we're looking for to speak with this 'old friend' of yours?"

Edited by Teloch

42 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"After what you did?" Sai'ah says. "And knowing he cannot control you?"

She laughs.

"I would imagine he is quite afraid." She says. "I will be glad when the world is rid of his ilk."

"Glad to hear it!" Alice said "So... where's this dank cave again?"

4 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"Aren't you better aware of the context and of what we're looking for to speak with this 'old friend' of yours?"

"Last time we met I killed him." He says. "And placed his echo under house arrest. If he is still around he's probably not going to want to see me."

16 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Not in your mind, but not out of it either." The voices say. "Tell us your story."

"I first met Sarah on the Zaraman Ten-0. She was bullied because of her stutter, but the others feared me.  I was taller and stronger than anyone of the students.  Sarah gravitated towards me, and I protected her; that protection became a habit.  When we went through the void, our bunk mates started accusing each other, and then killed each other."

*There is an image of the cabin, blood splattered the walls and bunks.  In the center, Stabilis, still a child, knelt over Sarah.  He was silent, and she was weeping.*

"I covered her when that happened, making myself a shield for her.  When it was over, we ran.  We kept running.  We were hunted by the Orokin, then the Corpus, then the grineer.  She was scarred by the void, and was slowly getting worse.  I suggested that we go into cryo-stasis to wait for a cure or treatment.  And we did, we slept for nearly a century.  When we woke, I was second.  I heard her coughing, violently; the cryo-sickness killed her.  She always wanted to be something more with me.  I never did.  When we had time to rest, to hide, she would talk of a time when we no longer had to run, when we could start a family.  I did not share her feelings, no until it was too late.  I long for her out of regret; regret that I had failed her, and myself."

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Last time we met I killed him." He says. "And placed his echo under house arrest. If he is still around he's probably not going to want to see me."

Now that was just gross. "Been an analyst, a soldier, a diplomat, and now I'm going to work as a mediator. Should I ask my boss for preferences before I'll become a pardoner or after?" she tried to casualize the atmosphere.

"Anyway, Inform me about any important findings in the little one's brains"

2 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Now that was just gross. "Been an analyst, a soldier, a diplomat, and now I'm going to work as a mediator. Should I ask my boss for preferences before I'll become a pardoner or after?" she tried to casualize the atmosphere.

"Anyway, Inform me about any important findings in the little one's brains"

Ryoko ignores the joke.

"I will keep you updated." He says.

20 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"Then drop and give me twenty." He says. "And when o swing back around I better improvements."

He stalks out of view.

Sol drops and does twenty, then stands at attention. Unsure whether the others would be reprimanded for his mistake he calls out to Tiny "Excuse me sir, but if the others are out of order, it is my fault. I told them where to stand, so it would be my fault if they are."

2 minutes ago, CelestialSabre said:

Sol drops and does twenty, then stands at attention. Unsure whether the others would be reprimanded for his mistake he calls out to Tiny "Excuse me sir, but if the others are out of order, it is my fault. I told them where to stand, so it would be my fault if they are."

"Yes it is." He says. You can hear a note of pride as if your answer pleases him. "Make sure you unit is in position for the next inspection." 

He puts on emphasis on your.

He disappears around the corner and John perks his head out.

"That sounded rough." He says. "Any ideas?"

Just now, Rakawan said:

"Yes it is." He says. You can hear a note of pride as if your answer pleases him. "Make sure you unit is in position for the next inspection." 

He puts on emphasis on your.

He disappears around the corner and John perks his head out.

"That sounded rough." He says. "Any ideas?"

"Not really. We should go over possible postings though"

9 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

"I first met Sarah on the Zaraman Ten-0. She was bullied because of her stutter, but the others feared me.  I was taller and stronger than anyone of the students.  Sarah gravitated towards me, and I protected her; that protection became a habit.  When we went through the void, our bunk mates started accusing each other, and then killed each other."

*There is an image of the cabin, blood splattered the walls and bunks.  In the center, Stabilis, still a child, knelt over Sarah.  He was silent, and she was weeping.*

"I covered her when that happened, making myself a shield for her.  When it was over, we ran.  We kept running.  We were hunted by the Orokin, then the Corpus, then the grineer.  She was scarred by the void, and was slowly getting worse.  I suggested that we go into cryo-stasis to wait for a cure or treatment.  And we did, we slept for nearly a century.  When we woke, I was second.  I heard her coughing, violently; the cryo-sickness killed her.  She always wanted to be something more with me.  I never did.  When we had time to rest, to hide, she would talk of a time when we no longer had to run, when we could start a family.  I did not share her feelings, no until it was too late.  I long for her out of regret; regret that I had failed her, and myself."

The spirits are silent for a moment.

"This planet flows with energy." One says. "It could work."

"She would not know the way, she could lose herself."

"We have lost more."

"I will guide her."

"I will speak to the Keeper."

The presence of Sarah and one of the Masters vanishes.

8 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

"Uh, Sure" *He places a packet of credits in, if anyone whuold look in, it whuold be 1,000* "Done" *He looks around* "So, Sam, anything in mind?"

"Stay here till the lockdown is lifted." She says. "Until my father is safe."

Just now, CelestialSabre said:

"To keep out intruders"

"Right." He says. "Now here's my plan. Two outside the main door. One circling the glaive. Two inside halfway down the wall. We'll all be in sight of eachother, and within reach."