The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

9 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

An outdoor diner with an open kitchen sits on the outskirts of the market square.

There are all sorts of smells coming from it. It seems to offer a wide selection of foods.

W-well, w-what do y-you feel like eating?

*Michael just looks around, eyes wide*

I've neva seen so much food!  Where did it all comin from?

*Sarah laughs, and moves to grab an apple.  When her hand phases through it, she just stares at her hand.  She tries again.*

I g-guess y-you'll have to grab it y-yourself.  

Wat dis squishy thang?

*Michael points to a squid*

----------back at the temple-------

*Stabilis was watching the new recruits.  There were so little, and they were rather undisciplined.*

"First masters, tell me of your old order.  Was it meant for what I plan?"

1 minute ago, Denny2669 said:

"Thanks~" Alice said in a small, almost sweet voice, floating a step closer "Of course they'd not like someone like us living life our way, away from them. Being different isn't how they like their community..."

Sai'ah shrugs.

"Nine years of living their way." She says. "I'd like a chance to try my own."

Just now, Rakawan said:

He hands you a twisted piece if metal and clay. 

"It's you." He says. 

It appears roughly humanoid in shape with various small metal spikes stuck through it.

"Brandon!" Sam scolds. 

"Grandpa Darrin says the funniest jokes are true." Brandon says.

*Zaeed bursts into laughter* "Oh..URGH!" *He grabs his side* "Oh, god, Don't make me laugh it hurts.." *He smiles* "Well, in this sight, you whuold be right" *He exhales* "I'm gonna be a great...father.." *He clears his throat* "Daddy got himself killed agien" *He laughs*.

1 minute ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

W-well, w-what do y-you feel like eating?

*Michael just looks around, eyes wide*

I've neva seen so much food!  Where did it all comin from?

*Sarah laughs, and moves to grab an apple.  When her hand phases through it, she just stares at her hand.  She tries again.*

I g-guess y-you'll have to grab it y-yourself.  

Wat dis squishy thang?

*Michael points to a squid*

----------back at the temple-------

*Stabilis was watching the new recruits.  There were so little, and they were rather undisciplined.*

"First masters, tell me of your old order.  Was it meant for what I plan?"

"That, little urchin." A voice says. "Is not free. You have money, you can eat here. Otherwise beat it."

The cook looks down at you.

Just now, Rakawan said:

Sai'ah shrugs.

"Nine years of living their way." She says. "I'd like a chance to try my own."

"How are you not a slave if you don't live the way you want? Always expected to take the path others drew for you?" Alice said, her voice calm and soft. Her right red eye turned purple, just like her left.

"Choose without thinking if others would approve. It is your life afteral, and it's your choice who and what you let in to affect it."

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"That, little urchin." A voice says. "Is not free. You have money, you can eat here. Otherwise beat it."

The cook looks down at you.

*Michael looks up at the cook*

What bout fer peeps that are part of the temple?  Is it free for them?

*Sarah waves her hands in front of the cook*

Excuse us, b-but we d-don't have any m-money with us.  S-so it would be very n-nice of y-you if y-you could just give us that one piece.

5 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed bursts into laughter* "Oh..URGH!" *He grabs his side* "Oh, god, Don't make me laugh it hurts.." *He smiles* "Well, in this sight, you whuold be right" *He exhales* "I'm gonna be a great...father.." *He clears his throat* "Daddy got himself killed agien" *He laughs*.

Sam mimes picking up a phone.

"He what? Run over by a Dreadnought you say." She says. "No I think I'll let him stay the night in the morgue. Well Marsha, he won't learn if I keep picking him up every time he dies. When your husband starts dropping like a fly you can do that."

3 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"How are you not a slave if you don't live the way you want? Always expected to take the path others drew for you?" Alice said, her voice calm and soft. Her right red eye turned purple, just like her left.

"Choose without thinking if others would approve. It is your life afteral, and it's your choice who and what you let in to affect it."

"I do not take the path others set!" Sai'ah snaps, then calms down. "But you are right."

4 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Michael looks up at the cook*

What bout fer peeps that are part of the temple?  Is it free for them?

*Sarah waves her hands in front of the cook*

Excuse us, b-but we d-don't have any m-money with us.  S-so it would be very n-nice of y-you if y-you could just give us that one piece.

"Those priests and their fairy tales." The cook snaps. "The only free thing you'll get is my advice. Trust yourself, not some fancy old man in the sky. Now beat it."

"One squid and one apple." Another voice says. "Here child."

A young man with sharp features purchases the items and hands them to you.

"Try to focus on what things felt like when you where alive." He whispers to Sarah. "You'll find it makes it easier to grasp them."

He hands the apple to her.

"Those priests and their fairy tales." The cook snaps. "The only free thing you'll get is my advice. Trust yourself, not some fancy old man in the sky. Now beat it."

"One squid and one apple." Another voice says. "Here child."

A young man with sharp features purchases the items and hands them to you.

"Try to focus on what things felt like when you where alive." He whispers to Sarah. "You'll find it makes it easier to grasp them."

He hands the apple to her.

*Sarah grabs the apple, imagining the feel of the apple before catching it.*

Th-thanks.  I d-don't think I can eat it, though.

*Michael stares at the squid.  Sarah hands the apple to him, and he bites into it, then he bites into the squid*

It real chewy.  like bubba gum.

*Sarah turns to the man who handed her the apple*

Who are y-you, if y-you mind me asking?

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"I do not take the path others set!" Sai'ah snaps, then calms down. "But you are right."

Alice floats closer again "The option is always open. Take it when you feel you're ready, before the path you didn't want to take changes you."

"I wouldn't want to see you change, I like you the way you are, but it's your choice."

5 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Sarah grabs the apple, imagining the feel of the apple before catching it.*

Th-thanks.  I d-don't think I can eat it, though.

*Michael stares at the squid.  Sarah hands the apple to him, and he bites into it, then he bites into the squid*

It real chewy.  like bubba gum.

*Sarah turns to the man who handed her the apple*

Who are y-you, if y-you mind me asking?

He hesitates.

"Someone who should have died a long time ago." He says. "But you can call me Tsun. I used to be like you."

He directs the last comment at Michael but looks at Sarah and winks.

18 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Sam mimes picking up a phone.

"He what? Run over by a Dreadnought you say." She says. "No I think I'll let him stay the night in the morgue. Well Marsha, he won't learn if I keep picking him up every time he dies. When your husband starts dropping like a fly you can do that."

*He looks to her* "Aw, Im hurt Sam" *He laughs* "Don't worry, I'll be more careful this time, I promise, and hay, if I don;t I can spend a time in the morgue" 

5 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

Alice floats closer again "The option is always open. Take it when you feel you're ready, before the path you didn't want to take changes you."

"I wouldn't want to see you change, I like you the way you are, but it's your choice."

"Thank you." She says. "Now I believe he mentioned other camps. We should not let prey scatter too much, eh?"

3 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He looks to her* "Aw, Im hurt Sam" *He laughs* "Don't worry, I'll be more careful this time, I promise, and hay, if I don;t I can spend a time in the morgue" 

She smiles.

"Well at least our troubles are over for now." She says.

9 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Thank you." She says. "Now I believe he mentioned other camps. We should not let prey scatter too much, eh?"

There was a little while of hesitance audible on Alice, as if she wanted to say something. Hands fiddling, feet wagging in the air, gaze flickering... But ultimately, it seemed she couldn't find the strength, and settled for a simple...

"Couldn't agree more."

Edited by Denny2669

He hesitates.

"Someone who should have died a long time ago." He says. "But you can call me Tsun. I used to be like you."

He directs the last comment at Michael but looks at Sarah and winks.

*Sarah chuckles, and begins to walk around the market.  Michael follows, still working on the squid*

If y-you're trying to f-flirt with me, y-you're wasting y-your time.  I'm n-not open.

*She turns to Michael*

Could I see y-your Kama?

What a kama?  

Y-your sickle

Oh.  Sure.

*Michael rummages through his bag, trying not to drop his food.*

1 minute ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Sarah chuckles, and begins to walk around the market.  Michael follows, still working on the squid*

If y-you're trying to f-flirt with me, y-you're wasting y-your time.  I'm n-not open.

*She turns to Michael*

Could I see y-your Kama?

What a kama?  

Y-your sickle

Oh.  Sure.

*Michael rummages through his bag, trying not to drop his food.*

Tsun watches you leave.

"You are too young for me, child." He says. "And I have done to much damage to this world."

3 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He sighs* "Hopefully" *He looks around* "I'm just worried Harbingers friends coming into play"

"Which friends?" She asks. "Legion is with Richard talking about his crimes and the others are dead."

Edited by Rakawan

Just now, Rakawan said:

Tsun watches you leave.

"You are too young for me, child." He says. "And I have done to much damage to this world."

*Sarah looks around*

I w-was wondering who to blame fro this horrible architecture.  But s-seriously, I've seen worse.  M-much worse.

*Michael pulls out his Kama, and hands it out for Sarah.  Sarah grabs it, and then twirls it around her body with expertise.  It appears that she used the Kama in her life.*

Th-thank you, Michael.  It's been a w-while since I could do that. 

Can I have it back now?

Y-yes, of course.

*She hands it back to Michael, then turns back to Tsun, motioning for him to follow.

I c-could use someone who knows this place.  I w-want to explore it l-later.

5 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

There was a little while of hesitance audible on Alice, as if she wanted to say something. But ultimately, it seemed she couldn't find the strength, and settled for a simple...

"Couldn't agree more."

She senses the hesitation and turns.

"Something on your mind?" She asks. "You can tell me. We're friends aren't we? Friends share secrets."

Her time is so childish you can almost visualize what she must have been like a few months ago, before she encountered Nemesis. A child, happy and innocent. 

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Which friends?" She asks. "Legion is with Richard talking about his crimes and the others are dead."

"Uh, well, he did have 2 other pals" *He says* "Zeta, the very hot banshee" *He says* "And Azalea Opium,who whuold likey bed you, if you flirt with her too much, and shes Infested"

*Zaeed pauses for a second* "Uh..forget what I just said about Zeta..." *He looks at Sam, ready for a smack*

Just now, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Sarah looks around*

I w-was wondering who to blame fro this horrible architecture.  But s-seriously, I've seen worse.  M-much worse.

*Michael pulls out his Kama, and hands it out for Sarah.  Sarah grabs it, and then twirls it around her body with expertise.  It appears that she used the Kama in her life.*

Th-thank you, Michael.  It's been a w-while since I could do that. 

Can I have it back now?

Y-yes, of course.

*She hands it back to Michael, then turns back to Tsun, motioning for him to follow.

I c-could use someone who knows this place.  I w-want to explore it l-later.

Tsun pulls you back out of the street as a group of hooded figures pass by. 

"Now is not a good time to be wandering, child." He says. "There are events in motion that are best weathered in safer places."

A few moments after the hooded figures pass an armored individual walks from person to person showing a poster and asking questions. It appears on if the hooded figures was a wanted man.

1 minute ago, -Platinum- said:

"Uh, well, he did have 2 other pals" *He says* "Zeta, the very hot banshee" *He says* "And Azalea Opium,who whuold likey bed you, if you flirt with her too much, and shes Infested"

*Zaeed pauses for a second* "Uh..forget what I just said about Zeta..." *He looks at Sam, ready for a smack*

Sam's eyebrows rause as you mention Azealea.

"And you know this from experience?" She asks, in a tone that does not suggest yes would be a good answer.