The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

Just now, Rakawan said:

Tsun pulls you back out of the street as a group of hooded figures pass by. 

"Now is not a good time to be wandering, child." He says. "There are events in motion that are best weathered in safer places."

A few moments after the hooded figures pass an armored individual walks from person to person showing a poster and asking questions. It appears on if the hooded figures was a wanted man.

*Sarah shrugs out of Tsun's grip.  Her smile as faded.*

I highly d-doubt that these events will be global.  If th-there is something that's going to happen, then I'll just go to another part of the planet.  Beside,  I'm ethral.  Th-there's not a lot of th-things that can hurt me.

*Sarah grabs Michael, and begins to lead him back to the teleporter.*

Oh, it time to go?  Okay.  And why do this guy call you child? 

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

She senses the hesitation and turns.

"Something on your mind?" She asks. "You can tell me. We're friends aren't we? Friends share secrets."

Her time is so childish you can almost visualize what she must have been like a few months ago, before she encountered Nemesis. A child, happy and innocent. 

Alice took a deep breath. This is the sanest she looked so far, yet she feels like she's about to say the most insane thing since she first hovered over the planet's surface.

"It's just that... I... Whenever I'm near you, if feel like my head's gonna explode! In a non bad way I mean, but like, butterflies start playing on violins in my stomach, my heart pumps twice as much blood, my ribcage feels like it wants to burst, and my head... I just can't wait anymore. I was spilling my guts all day over you... Sai'ah... I think I have feelings for you, large ones, like the blood moon in autumn, shining like your eyes..."

She just couldn't contain the feels...

6 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"Far more eventful than most." He says. "Perhaps the increase presence of Tenno is drawing problems from hiding places as light draws moths." 

He moves a stack of papers.

"The cultists responsible occupy  every level of our society, save one. The Tenno." He says. He puts a string emphasis on 'every'. "The council considered them harmless and voted to tolerate their existence. I did not agree. These groups tend to act out sooner or later. I have identified several individuals who supplied intel for today's attack and supplied. They are being... acquired... as we speak.with your interview, Namira's examination of Tony, and my own sources we should have reason soon."

"Legalized cultists?... I think I'm going to write a book titled "Colonization for dummies" after this particular assignment which would be based on the issues you people encountered. Let's just hope that this shade has something useful to say" Therese said and closed the comm.

Some minutes later, she was standing near the mentioned place, with Ulf keeping some distance from her and monitoring the area

2 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

Alice took a deep breath. This is the sanest she looked so far, yet she feels like she's about to say the most insane thing since she first hovered over the planet's surface.

"It's just that... I... Whenever I'm near you, if feel like my head's gonna explode! In a non bad way I mean, but like, butterflies start playing on violins in my stomach, my heart pumps twice as much blood, my ribcage feels like it wants to burst, and my head... I just can't wait anymore. I was spilling my guts all day over you... Sai'ah... I think I have feelings for you, large ones, like the blood moon in autumn, shining like your eyes..."

She just couldn't contain the feels...

Sai'ah seems to grow older and then younger and then time seems to fall away from her.

"I know." She says simply. "It asn't that hard to tell."

She sighs. 

"I can't tell you what you want to hear." She says. "I am sooo young, and yet so old. I don't think I'm your type, as they say, I don't think I'm anyone's type. I don't fit in this world."

She looks out over the plains.

"I don't even fit in my own view of the works." She says. "Sometimes I feel like I have my whole life ahead of me and sometimes I feel like I have already lived a thousand lives. And yet I still don't know who I am."

She looks back at you.

"The only way I think I can find out is by growing up. By being the youngest me until time and life change that into something different." She says. "And for now that part is far too young to worry about such things. That is why I act impulsive, not because I do not know better. But because part of me needs to learn better."

She looks at you fully and you feel her brush your mind and sense the tremendous sense of confusion, of feeling out of place. If a thousand conflicting lives. And amidst all that you sense one that stands out. A child that still has so much to learn and is doing everything it can to remain separate from the storm of chaos around it.

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

- snip -

Alice listened, unmoving, uninterrupting. This is what she feared, what anyone feared when making such a move she did. Her fears were realized, but it didn't stop her from understanding. The fault wasn't in her, as much as she was blaming herself. She was blind, she should have known they wouldn't fit- no, not her fault...

A couple of stray tears she couldn't hold back rolled down her face, as she turned around so Sai'ah would see her expression. She looked at the sky. She understood, but it didn't make it any easier.

She tried to say something, to reassure her she's alright, but ultimately couldn't, and sobbed quietly...

17 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

Alice listened, unmoving, uninterrupting. This is what she feared, what anyone feared when making such a move she did. Her fears were realized, but it didn't stop her from understanding. The fault wasn't in her, as much as she was blaming herself. She was blind, she should have known they wouldn't fit- no, not her fault...

A couple of stray tears she couldn't hold back rolled down her face, as she turned around so Sai'ah would see her expression. She looked at the sky. She understood, but it didn't make it any easier.

She tried to say something, to reassure her she's alright, but ultimately couldn't, and sobbed quietly...

Sai'ah makes no move to approach her until she senses that Alice has, at least momentarily, made peace with what has happened.

"I know something that might cheer you up." She says. "Look."

Several cultists are gathered around a strange runic symbol chanting something.

"Looks like they are trying to summon a demon." She says. "Shall we oblige them?"

43 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"Legalized cultists?... I think I'm going to write a book titled "Colonization for dummies" after this particular assignment which would be based on the issues you people encountered. Let's just hope that this shade has something useful to say" Therese said and closed the comm.

Some minutes later, she was standing near the mentioned place, with Ulf keeping some distance from her and monitoring the area

"I have written several papers." He says. "They were not read."

No one seems remotely like a shade in the coffeehouse. There is a figure however who watches you from the corner with a knowing gaze.

6 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

No one seems remotely like a shade in the coffeehouse. There is a figure however who watches you from the corner with a knowing gaze.

Eventually, Therese focused on the creep. She was told to expect the shade and, potentially, a cmpany; the peeper looked more like a company. Just in case, she gathered some focus if the need to put her regulators to use would emerge

Edited by Teloch

2 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Eventually Therese focuses on the creep. She was told to expect shade and, potentially, a cmpany; the peeper looked more like a company. Just in case, she gathered some focus if the need to put the regulators to use would emerge

The figure motions to both of you. Beckoning you to the table.

Just now, Rakawan said:

The figure motions to both of you. Beckoning you to the table.

She apprached the seat and simply shot "identify". The bearded man just changed his position, "locking" the table in radius instead of approaching it closely.

2 minutes ago, Teloch said:

She apprached the seat and simply shot "identify". The bearded man just changed his position, "locking" the table in radius instead of approaching it closely.

"I am Tsun." The man says, throwing back his hood to reveal a flesh and blood face.

10 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"I am Tsun." The man says, throwing back his hood to reveal a flesh and blood face.

Something invisible clicked not far. The Mesa replied coldly and calmly "Bull$hit. Tsun had been killed by a certain person, and you don't look exactly dead. Explain yourself. Slowly"

Edited by Teloch

3 hours ago, Teloch said:

Something invisible clicked not far. The Mesa replied coldly and calmly "Bull$hit. Tsun had been killed by a certain person, and you don't look exactly dead. Explain yourself. Slowly"

"Come now Major." Tsun says. "The hour is not so late as to dispencse with manners. This is a public place, please watch your tongue."

He spreads his hands.

"The imprint contains more than mental information." He says. "Useful in the right hands."

He withdraws a small device from his sleeve.

"As this will be to you." He says.

Edited by Rakawan

10 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"Come now Major." Tsun says. "The hour is not so late as to dispencse with manners. This is a public place, please watch your tongue."

He spreads his hands.

"The imprint contains more than mental information." He says. "Useful in the right hands."

He withdraws a small device from his sleeve.

"As this will be to you." He says.

Witticism, uncertainty, and unrooted expectations to be trusted. Seeing this, Therese suddenly found Darrin's straightforwardness and informativity adorable. But instead of immediately taking the strange device from a person who pretends to be a revived dead (the squared undead? The undead dead? The undedead?), she opened the broadcast channel with Ryoko, transmitting the live recording from the tactical cam in her helmet.

"Is this your undead friend?" She asked him through the secure comms, particularly accenting on the word "undead" 

Edited by Teloch

14 hours ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Sarah shrugs out of Tsun's grip.  Her smile as faded.*

I highly d-doubt that these events will be global.  If th-there is something that's going to happen, then I'll just go to another part of the planet.  Beside,  I'm ethral.  Th-there's not a lot of th-things that can hurt me.

*Sarah grabs Michael, and begins to lead him back to the teleporter.*

Oh, it time to go?  Okay.  And why do this guy call you child? 

The man watches you go. 

3 hours ago, Teloch said:

Witticism, uncertainty, and unrooted expectations to be trusted. Seeing this, Therese suddenly found Darrin's straightforwardness and informativity adorable. But instead of immediately taking the strange device from a person who pretends to be a revived dead (the squared undead? The undead dead? The undedead?), she opened the broadcast channel with Ryoko, transmitting the live recording from the tactical cam in her helmet.

"Is this your undead friend?" She asked him through the secure comms, particularly accenting on the word "undead" 

"That is Tsun." He says. "But I am at a loss as to why he..."

He pauses.

"I have to test something." He says.

The channel drops.

1 hour ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Sarah leads Michael back to the teleporter, and then they leave back to the temple.  Michael goes on ahead, while Sarah takes her time.*

S-such a rude ghost.  W-wonder why he w-was still talking about bad things to come.

Nothing interferes with your journey.

26 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Nothing interferes with your journey.

*Sarah makes her way back to where Stabilis is, still wondering what Tsun was babbling about.  Stabilis is facing the rest of the brawlers.*

"You have seen me stay solid.  Now, it is your turn.  Who wishes to go first?"

*Michael starts to raise his hand, but Sarah stops him.  She whispers something in his ear.*

"W-wait for the others, s-so y-you can see wh-what to do."

42 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"That is Tsun." He says. "But I am at a loss as to why he..."

He pauses.

"I have to test something." He says.

The channel drops.

Now that was just... strange? The thought about the possibility of the monastery being full of actual ghosts - and not just memory imprints - seemed just wrong.Anyway, she shrugged the emerging questions in favor of doing the actual work.

"So... Tsun. Tell me whatever you have on today events, why of all the sudden you decided to organize a rendezvous with me, and about that this thing" 

1 minute ago, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed looks up to her, with a worried face* "Am I in trouble?"

"How many people want your head on a platter?" She asks. "Was Harbinger the last or is there yet another bounty hunter out there who has their eyes set on you?"