The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

1 minute ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Stabilis launches towards him, turning down as he came close, and rolled over his shoulder, grappling and lifting him*

"Defend!"

*It appears that Stabilis wants him to counter before he is thrown out of the ring*

His feet remain on the ground. Rather than lift he simply seems to bend with your strike, as if you ran into a wall of taffy. 

8 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Keep your pen knife." The voice says. "I see something better."

"I will prove their blood is thin." The young man says. 

He grabs a candleholder from the ground and turns, tearing free from the cultists and bashing one's head open with the metal decoration.

"You are right." Sai'ah says. "They are weak."

"Kill them all." She says. "But leave the one with the candles."

"You all have disappointed your goddess!" Alice announced before she charged off, killing the ones she is supposed - and likes - to kill. The despair knife flung at one's head, as she now wielded her dual axes.

Finally she's enjoying herself again...

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

His feet remain on the ground. Rather than lift he simply seems to bend with your strike, as if you ran into a wall of taffy. 

*Stabilis lands and then twists the brawler's spine, almost to the point of breaking*

"Fluid like water, not like candy."

*He lets go of him*

"Your frame holds weight; learn to shift it as if it weighed nothing.  There will always be someone far stronger than you or I."

*He motions for the next*

((Minor time skip for some of them.  It's three left then Nikolai, then Michael, right?))

1 minute ago, Denny2669 said:

"You all have disappointed your goddess!" Alice announced before she charged off, killing the ones she is supposed - and likes - to kill. The despair knife flung at one's head, as she now wielded her dual axes.

Finally she's enjoying herself again...

"Why?" A cultists asks the youth.

"Because you hit me first." He says.

"To knock you out!" The cultists protests. "Not to kill you."

"That was your mistake." The man says, bringing the candle holder down again and again. "You should have killed me."

Sai'ah sends nightmares into the minds of several cultists.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Stabilis lands and then twists the brawler's spine, almost to the point of breaking*

"Fluid like water, not like candy."

*He lets go of him*

"Your frame holds weight; learn to shift it as if it weighed nothing.  There will always be someone far stronger than you or I."

*He motions for the next*

((Minor time skip for some of them.  It's three left then Nikolai, then Michael, right?))

(( Two then Nikolai))

He bends with the curve. His feet do not budge an inch.

"I should mention that I'm a contortion hobbyist." He says. "You'd have to dislocate your own bones to be flexible enough to strain mine."

Once released he flails comically, his body moving as if jello.

Another steps forward.

Edited by Rakawan

2 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"We have another issue." Ryoko says. "A Corpus director just dropped out of Warp asking for Zaeed. Melanie has requested you and Theylin join the Council to hear her request. Your expertise in diplomacy would be helpful."

Coordinates appear to a meeting chamber.

"Well, I have no idea on who is that Zaeed, but if Melanie needs my presence then I can't refuse," she said and added shortly after "Your living undead friend had tried to lure both me and my assistant to the specified place under the legend of handing the banned tech and without providing any details on his involvement in this whole event except the statement that someone spied on him pursuing the forbidden researches. Since collaborating with potential terrorists in the midst of the takeover attempt isn't the wisest thing for diplomats to do, I discarded this scenario and will have the evidence delivered to you shortly. The interest demonstrated by the group this Tsun stands for in the force I represent is something to be investigated, and I expect your collaboration in finding out why did this shady individual decide to involve us in his intrigues. Now, I'll be off"

While flying to the mentioned coordinates, Ulf looked somewhat tentative.

"Ey, Theri, are you sure we did right?"
"From the very beginning, these so-called "ex-acolytes" decided to contact us. Not the local authorities - like they should have if they were seeking for rehabilitation - but two ambassadors of the exterior military force. This took place in the midst of the security crysis when the attention of the local law enforcers is scattered. And the fact he wanted to see not only me but also you at that mentioned place means that we're being spied on"
"True... but what if they really tried to redeem themselves with our help?"
"The risk of jeopardizing locals by getting ourselves captured or worse, and so making our army "sort out the issue" isn't equal to the fate of potentially remorseful extremists"
"Yeah. But still, that's cruel"
"They just placed a very wrong bet"

The rest of the flight both of them spent in silence, and after ten more minutes, they were in the meeting chamber, waiting for Melanie and Theylin

Edited by Teloch

3 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"Well, I have no idea on who is that Zaeed, but if Melanie needs my presence then I can't refuse," she said and added shortly after "Your living undead friend had tried to lure both me and my assistant to the specified place under the legend of handing the banned tech and without providing any details on his involvement in this whole event except the statement that someone spied on him pursuing the forbidden researches. Since collaborating with potential terrorists in the midst of the takeover attempt isn't the wisest thing for diplomats to do, I discarded this scenario and will have the evidence delivered to you shortly. The interest demonstrated by the group this Tsun stands for in the force I represent is something to be investigated, and I expect your collaboration in finding out why did this shady individual decide to involve us in his intrigues. Now, I'll be off"

While flying to the mentioned coordinates, Ulf looked somewhat tentative.

"Ey, Theri, are you sure we did right?"
"From the very beginning, these so-called "ex-acolytes" decided to contact us. Not the local authorities - like they should have if they were seeking for rehabilitation - but two ambassadors of the exterior military force. This took place in the midst of the security crysis when the attention of the local law enforcers is scattered. And the fact he wanted to see not only me but also you at that mentioned place means that we're being spied on"
"True... but what if they really tried to redeem themselves with our help?"
"The risk of jeopardizing locals by getting ourselves captured or worse, and so making our army "sort out the issue" isn't equal to the fate of potentially remorseful extremists"
"Yeah. But still, that's cruel"
"They just placed a very wrong bet"

The rest of the flight both of them spent in silence, and after ten more minutes, they were in the meeting chamber, waiting for Melanie and Theylin

Theylin appears via holograph. Melanie stands flanked by Archons.

They open a channel to Zeta.

Edited by Rakawan

7 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

(( Two then Nikolai))

He bends with the curve. His feet do not budge an inch.

"I should mention that I'm a contortion hobbyist." He says. "You'd have to dislocate your own bones to be flexible enough to strain mine."

Once released he flails comically, his body moving as if jello.

Another steps forward.

*Stabilis repeats the process with the next to, adjusting his strategies to better match and counter them, as well as offering some wisdom.  All the while Michael stares at the fights, trying to learning how to beat Stabilis' attacks.  Stabilis then motions to Nikolai*

"Now, it is time for you to put proof to calling yourself a mountain."

22 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Arbiter Ryoko." Tirion says. "He was an Adjuticant before the collapse. He is Chairman of Science and a Keeper now, but it would do him well to step into the ring."

He laughs.

"You misunderstand." He says. "If Zeta challenges you she will have to fight Ryoko. He is standing in for you as your champion, due to your injuries."

*Zaeed goes to open his mouth, before a familiar face pops up* "I would like to suggest that someone much closer and more..trust worthy to be Zaeed's champion" *Marix says, opening up on Zaeed's side, from his Pad* "While I am not saying, Ryoko can not be trusted, not at all, but I simply bealilve someone much closer to Zaeed shuold help him"  

Theylin appears via holograph. Melanie stands flanked by Archons.

They open a channel to Zeta.

Therese moved closer to Melanie as Ulf moved closer to archons

"What's the situation?" she asked Mel

Just now, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed goes to open his mouth, before a familiar face pops up* "I would like to suggest that someone much closer and more..trust worthy to be Zaeed's champion" *Marix says, opening up on Zaeed's side, from his Pad* "While I am not saying, Ryoko can not be trusted, not at all, but I simply bealilve someone much closer to Zaeed shuold help him"  

"You have the right to name your champion." Tirion says. "But I'd advise you to stick with the Arbiter."

Sam nods in agreement.

"Him or Master Alan." She says. "Both are highly skilled."

2 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Therese moved closer to Melanie as Ulf moved closer to archons

"What's the situation?" she asked Mel

"Someone bearing the colors of the board of directors is demanding to see Zaeed." She says. "And making thinly veiled threats."

5 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

A channel opens to his room. Displaying a video of Zeta and the assembled heads of military.

6 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"You have the right to name your champion." Tirion says. "But I'd advise you to stick with the Arbiter."

Sam nods in agreement.

"Him or Master Alan." She says. "Both are highly skilled."

*Before Zaeed can open his mouth, Matrix jumps in, hes wrose then ordis!* "What about Sam?" *He truns to face her* "You two are quite close...a little..to..if you ask me, but close enough that you will defnend each other in a battle if need be, Zaeed has saved your life and Brandon's quite alot, and I sugg_*Zaeed his the "Shut up Button"*

----

"What about, Seven?" *He says, as he looks up Sam, with a rised brow* "I turst him, with my life, Dispite ..he hates..me..." *He mutters* "Do you think he would wish to defend me?, I hate to ask this and I kown I will regret asking this down the road but. I look up to him, I don't want to put him in danger tho"

Edited by -Platinum-
Fixed Colors

Just now, Rakawan said:

"Someone bearing the colors of the board of directors is demanding to see Zaeed." She says. "And making thinly veiled threats."

She raised her brow.

"Corpus are not that stupid to try to negotiate with the direct hostiles who shredded their rear ends a day earlier. This is probably an imposter" She said skeptically "But who is that Zaeed anyway, and what are their reasoning for extraditing him?"

*Before Zaeed can open his mouth, Matrix jumps in, hes wrose then ordis!* "What about Sam?" *He truns to face her* "You two are quite close...a little..to..if you ask me, but close enough that you will defnend each other in a battle if need be, Zaeed has saved your life and Brandon's quite alot, and I sugg_*Zaeed his the "Shut up Button"*

----

"What about, Seven?" *He says, as he looks up Sam, with a rised brow* "I turst him, with my life, Dispite ..he hates..me..." *He mutters* "Do you think he would wish to defend me?, I hate to ask this and I kown I will regret asking this down the road but. I look up to him, I don't want to put him in danger tho"

"Seven is not only a human, and thus ineligible, but is a Chairman." Tirion says. "One who already has threats to his life stated. He cannot and should not enter the ring."

7 minutes ago, Teloch said:

She raised her brow.

"Corpus are not that stupid to try to negotiate with the direct hostiles who shredded their rear ends a day earlier. This is probably an imposter" She said skeptically "But who is that Zaeed anyway, and what are their reasoning for extraditing him?"

"Nina was acting alone." Melanie says. "Frohd Bec denounced her actions. And before you ask I do maintain limited contact with other factions besides Tenno. Apart from a few isolated and individually motivated occurrences  we have no reason to declare War upon the Corpus. They are merchants, and as such can be bargained with."

She looks at you.

"Rest assured I divulged no secrets to them." She says. "But after the Grineer attack they did provide a discount on humanitarian supplies. There are some among them who are good people. I've heard that Bec has often worked with the Tenno to combat threats to both."

She continues.

"As for what she wants." She says. "She claims this man is  a wanted individual and that the earlier attack was an attempt to apprehend him."

Edited by Rakawan

24 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Why?" A cultists asks the youth.

"Because you hit me first." He says.

"To knock you out!" The cultists protests. "Not to kill you."

"That was your mistake." The man says, bringing the candle holder down again and again. "You should have killed me."

Sai'ah sends nightmares into the minds of several cultists.

The axes were swinging left and right, each finding their mark in an unfortunate cultist's body. The wounds were fatal, but left them suffer enough to enjoy the nightmares a bit more.

3 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

The axes were swinging left and right, each finding their mark in an unfortunate cultist's body. The wounds were fatal, but left them suffer enough to enjoy the nightmares a bit more.

The younger grabs a bottle of wine that rolls from a lead cultist's hands and uncorks it, taking a sip, then smashing it over another cultist and tossing a burning candle on him. The wine soaked robes erupt into flame.

"Hmm." He says, with the time if someone observing a mildly amusing experiment. "Must have been high proof. But not flame proof!"

Edited by Rakawan

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

A channel opens to his room. Displaying a video of Zeta and the assembled heads of military.

"Hello Zaeed" *She can be seen, as a Soprana Banshee, wearing light gray and white Corpus colors, She welds the Porta chest plate, and Dendra leg pieces and one left piece, On her back will reveal the Officium disc and on her right shoulder the some kind of Tenno Disc device, On both shoulders they weld the Ki'teer logos, Exact copy of Zaeeds* "it is my singular pleasure to meet you, once more -heh-, If only I was here in person, to shake your hand, But oh well" *She leans back and folds hands together* "You kown, why I am here, so good luck gentlemen"   

(( Image will be posted soon, working on her Story, And yes, shes acts like Alad V, take it as you wish))

The younger grabs a bottle of wine that rolls from a lead cultist's hands and uncorks it, taking a sip, then smashing it over another cultist and tossing a burning candle on him. The wine soaked robes erupt into flame.

Alice clapped her hands at the spectacle, before going back to her dance-like killing spree.

11 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Seven is not only a human, and thus ineligible, but is a Chairman." Tirion says. "One who already has threats to his life stated. He cannot and should not enter the ring."

"Understood" *He sighs and looks upset* "Well, there is no way I'm letting Sam, do it, I rather fight, myself, but I'll pick Arbiter"

"Understood" *He sighs and looks upset* "Well, there is no way I'm letting Sam, do it, I rather fight, myself, but I'll pick Arbiter"

"A duel will only be required if she declares her grievance to be a matter of honor." Tirion says. "I would relax, Trader. One way or another you will not have to leave this planet."