The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

It has one button labeled bubbles, and another labeled 'do not touch.'

*He perks a brow, then turns to sam* "Do you like bubbles?" *The drone comes back and drops a small stereo, to play the new music* "Also, whats with the "Do not touch" botton on here?"

19 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"By his own organs?" He asks. His eyes brighten. "Of course, why didn't I think of that. Would save me a fortune in rope."

"Eh, rope is good when you wanna tickle the inside of their neck. Give em a funny feeling as they choke. But unless it's a bald fleshy with no fur, their ripped out hair does just as well. Especially wallet heads..." Alice giggled.

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

You can feel the skin begin to repair itself, muses relaxing and sliding into place. Bruises fade and their pain stops.

"Vazarin focused Tenno study ways to use the void for healing." She says. "Not all power must be used for war."

*Michael's eyes go wide*

Whoa.  You guys can do dis?  You really are wizards.

*Sarah laughs again, this time softer*

Do excuse Michael.  Th-this is his first time up close to t-tenno.

Just now, -Platinum- said:

*The Hull is pierced, seems he relied on shields more then hull, the Rail-Cannon takes a turn and fires a shot at the ship that pierced the hull, Air rushes out, but a small shield goes over the seal, to keep air inside, but people can still walk in* "LEAVE MY HOME!" 

The voice seems to ignore him, now echoing down the corridors to his chamber.

A hooded figure with a Nikana rises from a flash of gold, seeing to emerge from the projectile. Wires snake from it, seeking vital systems to disrupt, attempting to override security.

"I found a man, a rebel. One with a cause." The voice said. "I found what I needed. But still it was useless to me. Seeds cannot grow amidst steel. They need soil. Fertile soil. Untainted by the ruin of the Old War."

2 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He perks a brow, then turns to sam* "Do you like bubbles?" *The drone comes back and drops a small stereo, to play the new music* "Also, whats with the "Do not touch" botton on here?"

Sam sighs and sinks into the tub.

"Oooh." She says. "Bubbles."

She does not comment on the button.

1 minute ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Michael's eyes go wide*

Whoa.  You guys can do dis?  You really are wizards.

*Sarah laughs again, this time softer*

Do excuse Michael.  Th-this is his first time up close to t-tenno.

"Wizards?" The woman asks. "Hardly, even this takes effort. Is a bird a wizard? Because it can fly and you cannot? Or is it simply different?"

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

The voice seems to ignore him, now echoing down the corridors to his chamber.

A hooded figure with a Nikana rises from a flash of gold, seeing to emerge from the projectile. Wires snake from it, seeking vital systems to disrupt, attempting to override security.

"I found a man, a rebel. One with a cause." The voice said. "I found what I needed. But still it was useless to me. Seeds cannot grow amidst steel. They need soil. Fertile soil. Untainted by the ruin of the Old War."

"Harbinger!, you ship is being attacked, Blocking systems" *Matrix?!, lays out, he begins to place several firewalls up* "You have made a big mistake, Guards, Kill them!"

----

*Shadow-Dualist takes her turn, she races towards the snake like wire, and opens fire* "Die..Die..Die!"

5 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"Eh, rope is good when you wanna tickle the inside of their neck. Give em a funny feeling as they choke. But unless it's a bald fleshy with no fur, their ripped out hair does just as well. Especially wallet heads..." Alice giggled.

"There something about making a man tie his own noose." Rip says. "As if he is admitting his own sins."

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

"Wizards?" The woman asks. "Hardly, even this takes effort. Is a bird a wizard? Because it can fly and you cannot? Or is it simply different?"

*Michael thinks for a moment.*

Birds don do space magic.  They just have wings.  And the wings can make them fly.

*Michael's eyes go wider*

Can you fly?

*Sarah seems to be enjoying this, as if she enjoys being around children*

8 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

"Harbinger!, you ship is being attacked, Blocking systems" *Matrix?!, lays out, he begins to place several firewalls up* "You have made a big mistake, Guards, Kill them!"

----

*Shadow-Dualist takes her turn, she races towards the snake like wire, and opens fire* "Die..Die..Die!"

The figure seems to glide behind her and lashes out with the blade, aiming for her neck.

"I worked for days, scouring the worlds for what I needed." The voice says. "But it was only when I collapsed from exhaustion, when I finally slept, and dreamed, that it was found. A world, set apart from  the ruin. A world of possibilities, of options."

Edited by Rakawan

*Michael thinks for a moment.*

Birds don do space magic.  They just have wings.  And the wings can make them fly.

*Michael's eyes go wider*

Can you fly?

*Sarah seems to be enjoying this, as if she enjoys being around children*

The woman nods.

"If I choose." She says. "If I have my wings. What we do is not magic. It is part of us. Like a birds wings or a fish's fins."

*Michael's eye return to normal*

Oh.  So I can' learn what you do?

The woman shifts fur a second.

"Perhaps." She says. "When you are older. It is a path filled with pain, and sacrifice. But it is one that you may tread, if you wish."

12 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The figure seems to glide behind her and lashes out with the blade, aiming for her neck.

"I worked for days, scouring the worlds for what I needed." The voice says. "But it was only when I collapsed from exhaustion, when I finally slept, and dreamed, that it was found. A world, set apart from  the ruin. A world of possibilities, of options."

*She spins around, and opens fire behind her, the blade however slams into her right shoulder, staggering her, it seems to pierce with ease* "DIE..DIE..DIE!"

4 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*She spins around, and opens fire behind her, the blade however slams into her right shoulder, staggering her, it seems to pierce with ease* "DIE..DIE..DIE!"

The figure pulls the blade free and parries the shots, with an almost lazy air. A hand waves and a radial disarm arcs out.

"I planted the seed, and nurtured it." The voice says. "I sacrificed everything to give it life, to coaxe it from the soil. Have you ever poured your heart and soul into something?"

The blade arcs out again, a blur of steel aiming to sweep through her arm and across her chest.

"Do you even have a heart? A soul?" The voice asks. "Or are you nothing more than a messenger of sorrow. A Harbinger of fear?"

Edited by Rakawan

Just now, Rakawan said:

The figure pulls the blade free and parries the shots, with an almost lazy air. A hand waves and a radial disarm arcs out.

"I planted the seed, and nurtured it." The voice says. "I sacrificed everything to give it life, to coaxe it from the soil. Have you ever poured your heart and soul into something?"

The blade arcs out again, a blur of steel aiming to sweep through her arm and across her chest.

*Her weapons are disarmed, as the steel sweeps tought her chest and arm, shes split in half, her body just puffs in black smoke, as it "dies* "Raahhh"

-----

*Duality is next, she runs at the figure with her war* "Who dares, fight the specters of our Haringer?" 

3 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"You can issue a formal apology for your involvement and disavow the operatives involved." Melanie says. "Tammy will send you a bill for the damages caused. Legion will be dealt with in our courts. Any information you can give on dealing with this Harbinger would be appreciated."

She summons Theresa back in.

"You will have to make reparations to the WTC as well." She says. "Once those are set we will discuss the next step."

Within moments a large bill arrives, from Chairman Tammy. 

Even though the damage that had been done was caused by now deceased board director, this was an opportunity to gain some bonus advantages to her force. Knowing that, Therese nicely asked Tammy to redirect the request mentioning two containers of miliary-grade servomotors, two carts of A-grade wholesome feildron clods, and an orokin-made data center.

10 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The woman shifts fur a second.

"Perhaps." She says. "When you are older. It is a path filled with pain, and sacrifice. But it is one that you may tread, if you wish."

*Michael shakes his head*

I had too much sacrifice in my life.  I jus wan no more pain.  For anyone.  No more bullies.

*Sarah hugs him gently, smiling as always*

Y-you do have to admit,  he already has a heat bigger than any T-tenno.

21 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"There something about making a man tie his own noose." Rip says. "As if he is admitting his own sins."

"Yeah, thought it's more satisfying to see them doing it out of fear what you might do to them otherwise, than drilling into their brain with a mind saw and making them. Pros of not having mindey powers." she replied.

35 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*Her weapons are disarmed, as the steel sweeps tought her chest and arm, shes split in half, her body just puffs in black smoke, as it "dies* "Raahhh"

-----

*Duality is next, she runs at the figure with her war* "Who dares, fight the specters of our Haringer?" 

The figure draws another Nikana and continues forwards, as if disregarding her. He had no reason to announce himself to shadows of dead foes.

"One year." He says. "Cities grew from shacks to gleaming towers. Whispers of fear gave way to the laughter of free men and women."

The voice fills with wonder and awe.

"The markets rang with the excited shouts of children." It says. "The hallways of schools rang with the patter of little feet. My dream was alive. It was real."

The voice nearly brings tears to the eyes, emotion infusing every word.

The figure meets the charge and slams its blades into the greatsword, as of trying to shatter it.

All joy and warmth vanishes from it, replaced with fury as cold and sharp as ice.

"Then your kind came." It hisses.

Voices lash at Harbinger from all corners of the room.

"Murderers."

"Corrupters."

"Thieves."

"Demons!"

Edited by Rakawan

31 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"Yeah, thought it's more satisfying to see them doing it out of fear what you might do to them otherwise, than drilling into their brain with a mind saw and making them. Pros of not having mindey powers." she replied.

He shrugs.

"I prefer the brief instant of recognition before the drop." He says. "That perfect moment when they almost think they can step back and be safe."

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The figure draws another Nikana and continues forwards, as if disregarding her. He had no reason to announce himself to shadows of dead foes.

"One year." He says. "Cities grew from shacks to gleaming towers. Whispers of fear gave way to the laughter of free men and women."

The voice fills with wonder and awe.

"The markets rang with the excited shouts of children." It says. "The hallways of schools rang with the patter of little feet. My dream was alive. It was real."

The voice nearly brings tears to the eyes, emotion infusing every word.

The figure meets the charge and slams its blades into the greatsword, as of trying to shatter it.

All joy and warmth vanishes from it, replaced with fury as cold and sharp as ice.

"Then your kind came." It hisses.

Voices lash at Harbinger from all corners of the room.

"Murderers."

"Corrupters."

"Thieves."

"Demons!"

*The shadow shatters with ease, theres none left, Haringer is alone, His frame stands to project him* "I..had..a..reason, He..killed me, Zaeed..took me away, from..my wife" *He cries out*

5 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*The shadow shatters with ease, theres none left, Haringer is alone, His frame stands to project him* "I..had..a..reason, He..killed me, Zaeed..took me away, from..my wife" *He cries out*

"I am not here to pardon your sins, but to punish them." Ryoko says, removing the hood. 

He casts aside the robe. Armor, archaic and ceremonial, adorns him. It is the same worn by Tirion and Irokin Executioners. The rainment of an Adjuticant.

"I did not tell you that take to sway you to repentance." He said. "I told you so that you might know your sins, and drown in them as I send you to Hell!"

He leaps forward, a wave of force preceding him, his blades arcing forward, seeking flesh.