The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

2 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard set down his book.  "I would remind you that there is a sizable difference between HAVING the power and USING the power.  For example, I have the power to send an electromagnetic pulse through Legion's nervous system that will disrupt his heartbeat and kill him.  I haven't yet, nor do I have any intention of doing so."

*He nods* "Quite so yes, I kown, but if Legion where to be under control at any point of his attacking, I can assure you, someone whuold have taken a peek, to see if it really him or not, right?, or even more so, given some kind of hint, outside signals, auras, voice distraction, that type of thing,"

2 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He nods* "Quite so yes, I kown, but if Legion where to be under control at any point of his attacking, I can assure you, someone whuold have taken a peek, to see if it really him or not, right?, or even more so, given some kind of hint, outside signals, auras, voice distraction, that type of thing,"

"I doubt anyone bothered to check whether he was still in control of himself or his Warframe while he continued to do what he had done while he was in control before."

21 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

"We should start finding who has this type of technology, and where it is."

*He lets go of Sarah, and she walks towards Tak*

W-why couldnt y-you just let me l-live my happy days?  W-w-why?!

*Sarah lunges at Tak, her hands moving to wrap around Tak's neck*

The scythe raises to point at her and power washes over her immobilizing her.

"DO NOT TEST ME, GIRL!" Tak roars. "I did nothing. You are an echo, a memory. You are free to leave this existence whenever you wish!"

16 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"I doubt anyone bothered to check whether he was still in control of himself or his Warframe while he continued to do what he had done while he was in control before."

19 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

Namira speaks up.

"Sai'ah accessed the minds of both Legion and Duality. They stated their intent to kill Zaeed. You displayed a desire to kill him. Why should we give credence to your claim that you were forced to do so when you wanted to do so."

17 hours ago, Rakawan said:

((It is evening. Gonna try a new mechanic soon.))

Sai'ah looks around.

"This appears to be the last of them." She says. "I almost feel sorry fir the cultists."

Rip is kneeling by a cage, fiddling with a lock. A small girl is inside covering her eyes.

"Pffff, don't be." Alice said to Sai'ah. She then out her hands behind her head and stretched, yawning. The evening has drained her quite a bit.

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The scythe raises to point at her and power washes over her immobilizing her.

"DO NOT TEST ME, GIRL!" Tak roars. "I did nothing. You are an echo, a memory. You are free to leave this existence whenever you wish!"

*Stabilis grabs her, and then she starts to cry softly. Again, Stabilis' voice held to malice*

"Tak, she is still a child. Why would you ever wish ill and fear upon a child?"

*Sarah hugs Stabilis, holding him as if he is the only thing that is keeping her alive*

"People claim they have suffered, that they know fear. But they have not ran from a universe of things trying to kill them. Please, dont pose yourself as one of those things."

*Stabilis is looking at Tak, his face calm, his eyes a gentle gray, less like steel and more like wool*

"Now come, time is wasting"

6 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Stabilis grabs her, and then she starts to cry softly. Again, Stabilis' voice held to malice*

"Tak, she is still a child. Why would you ever wish ill and fear upon a child?"

*Sarah hugs Stabilis, holding him as if he is the only thing that is keeping her alive*

"People claim they have suffered, that they know fear. But they have not ran from a universe of things trying to kill them. Please, dont pose yourself as one of those things."

*Stabilis is looking at Tak, his face calm, his eyes a gentle gray, less like steel and more like wool*

"Now come, time is wasting"

"If she wishes to no longer be bound to this existence she may unbind herself and leave." He says. His voice sounds harsher than he intends. "I have had a long and trying day, Monk. I have little patience left for the antics of deluded children. She is aware of her nature. It is her decision what to do with that."

He does not budge.

"That we seek is being brought to us." He says. "We need go nowhere."

14 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Namira speaks up.

"Sai'ah accessed the minds of both Legion and Duality. They stated their intent to kill Zaeed. You displayed a desire to kill him. Why should we give credence to your claim that you were forced to do so when you wanted to do so."

*He looks up* "You have no idea, what he did to me!, the pain he caused me!, Zaeed has every right to be punished for his crimes, If Harbinger is dead, then that means our mission has failed!"

9 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"Pffff, don't be." Alice said to Sai'ah. She then out her hands behind her head and stretched, yawning. The evening has drained her quite a bit.

"Are the monsters gone?" The little girl asks.

"Yes Maria." Rip says. "But keep you eyes closed. The world is still ugly." 

Hr lifts her and sets her in his shoulder, looking for all the world like a caring big brother. 

"Do you have somewhere we can stay?" He asks. "It is late and she is tired."

1 minute ago, -Platinum- said:

*He looks up* "You have no idea, what he did to me!, the pain he caused me!, Zaeed has every right to be punished for his crimes, If Harbinger is dead, then that means our mission has failed!"

"Do you have anything to say befire the council announces it's verdict?" Ryoko asks.

58 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"Thank you, Ryoko. First of all, I would like to remind the accused the fact he's being persecuted, which makes his shouting statements, profanities, and attempts to derail the process by making own accusation give him no feasible legal status. Secondly, I want to remind the subject that he's being accused in collaborationism with the enemy, which are the sentients, attempts of kin slaying, acts of kin slaying, committing acts of terrorism that have caused injuries, jeopardization of civilians. By the wartime laws, the accused would have been killed during the arrest, and it is his fortune that the planet against which he committed crimes does not live by the wartime laws, giving him the right for fair court. Thirdly, I have to discard his claims of having his frame commit the mentioned crimes under the exterior influence. The accused broke the laws along with his accomplices, who showed no reaction to his warframe's supposed possession, which makes us believe that all of the actions were done intentionally"

"If I was not such a longstanding and knowledgeable member of this council I would remind the Accused that he is welcome to trial by combat." Darrin says over a private channel. "Oh to be a new and easily forgiven councilor."

Oddly enough the message does not show a record of this.

Edited by Rakawan

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Are the monsters gone?" The little girl asks.

"Yes Maria." Rip says. "But keep you eyes closed. The world is still ugly." 

Hr lifts her and sets her in his shoulder, looking for all the world like a caring big brother. 

"Do you have somewhere we can stay?" He asks. "It is late and she is tired."

"Sure thing Rippie! Though your little princess should keep her eyes shut there too." Alice said, having enough sense to not scare the little one.

16 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"If she wishes to no longer be bound to this existence she may unbind herself and leave." He says. His voice sounds harsher than he intends. "I have had a long and trying day, Monk. I have little patience left for the antics of deluded children. She is aware of her nature. It is her decision what to do with that."

He does not budge.

"That we seek is being brought to us." He says. "We need go nowhere."

*Sarah pulls herself away from Stabilis, just enough to look at Tak*

I d-don't w-want to die.  N-not again.  And I'm t-tired of being ch-chased and hunted.  S-so no.  I d-don't want tl leave, and no, I d-don't w-w-wa-want t-t-

*She turns, burying her face in Stabilis' stomach again.  Stabilis gently rubs her back, surprisingly soft for his strength.*

"Good.  But Tak, you do understand why we must tolerate children?  Why they need someone to make sure that the actually have a childhood?"

19 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Rip nods and follows you.

After a while of walking (and floating) they reached Alice's steakhouse, the sign reading 'Dine in Hell' still shining a bright red.

"Keep her eyes closed until we get to the dungeon. It's the least scary place."

58 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"If I was not such a longstanding and knowledgeable member of this council I would remind the Accused that he is welcome to trial by combat." Darrin says over a private channel. "Oh to be a new and easily forgiven councilor."

Oddly enough the message does not show a record of this.

49 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He Stands up, if he can* "I Request to sort this via in-Combat!" 

"Seems like the terrorist himself asks to be killed"

40 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

After a while of walking (and floating) they reached Alice's steakhouse, the sign reading 'Dine in Hell' still shining a bright red.

"Keep her eyes closed until we get to the dungeon. It's the least scary place."

He nods.

Maria is singing some sort of lullaby.

Sai'ah says her goodbyes and floats off towards the monastery.

7 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"Seems like the terrorist himself asks to be killed"

*He looks over to the voice* "And it seems someone has a big mouth and thinks so proud of themselves, that they call me by such names, so pitiful, I WILL kill Zaeed and I will watch Sam scream in terror as I tear him apart, AHAHAHHAHAHAHHA!" 

2 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He looks over to the voice* "And it seems someone has a big mouth and thinks so proud of themselves, that they call me by such names, so pitiful, I WILL kill Zaeed and I will watch Sam scream in terror as I tear him apart, AHAHAHHAHAHAHHA!" 

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"The Accused has requested Trial by Combat." Ryoko says. "Who among the council will answer this?"

"I'll oblige" Therese said, with the clear intent to kill the terrorist 

4 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"I'll oblige" Therese said, with the clear intent to kill the terrorist 

"I do hope you are good with a blade." Mira says. 

"We have an champion." Ryoko says. "Major Bloom, name your terms."

A message from Darrin explains that this includes the location, the result (death or first blood) and the weapons.

1 hour ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Sarah pulls herself away from Stabilis, just enough to look at Tak*

I d-don't w-want to die.  N-not again.  And I'm t-tired of being ch-chased and hunted.  S-so no.  I d-don't want tl leave, and no, I d-don't w-w-wa-want t-t-

*She turns, burying her face in Stabilis' stomach again.  Stabilis gently rubs her back, surprisingly soft for his strength.*

"Good.  But Tak, you do understand why we must tolerate children?  Why they need someone to make sure that the actually have a childhood?"

"I am not the one who deprived her of a childhood." Tak says. "Not will I stand for being accused of such."