The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

17 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He rubs his chin* "May our ledgers become ocean, Margins Centauri. In the name of profit, I commit thee... to the Void." *He says, but then has another line backed up, he then opens the handle, to see if it will unlock*

The door remains unchanged till you say "profit" Then it splits and opens inwards.

Inside is a paradise of void, prsima, and prime relics. Even the most ignorant of Tenno would consider the items on display to be treasures. To the practiced eye it was nothing short of paradise.

*Stabilis gets himself out of bed.  He had been awake when Sarah left, and was fairly certain of where she would be.  He dresses simple, jeans and a plain shirt, and move to find Michael.  He starts in what appears to be a medical center, judging  from the Vazarin symbol.  He leans in slightly*

"Michael?  Are you in here?"

*Michael lays on a cot (or bed), sleeping comfortably.*

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The door remains unchanged till you say "profit" Then it splits and opens inwards.

Inside is a paradise of void, prsima, and prime relics. Even the most ignorant of Tenno would consider the items on display to be treasures. To the practiced eye it was nothing short of paradise.

*Zaeed smiles and walks in, He chuckles* "Say, see anything you like dear?, I can get you, if you like?, Ah, my good old friend Baro"

7 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"I believe I can make time." Felicity says. "The wedding is not for another day."

She seems unconcerned with his close that is.

"I know it sound sudden." She says. "But really he asked me a thousand years ago. I have had a long while to plan, to consider my answer."

She kneels down and reaches for the Kavat who flicks his tail in an aloof manner, but turns to make sure she is still watching.

"Yes I should be able to give the Colonel a walk through if our facilities and research." She says. "Ryoko has a new fighter craft he wishes to showcase. And I'm sure he'd love another chance to pitch the new human model armors."

"Even though military tech is a sensitive topic for our force, I guess both sides might get some information on the ongoing projects... probably" She quickly changed the topic "It doesn't sound sudden, considering how important it is for you. I do hope that your preparations are going smoothly" 

3 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Stabilis gets himself out of bed.  He had been awake when Sarah left, and was fairly certain of where she would be.  He dresses simple, jeans and a plain shirt, and move to find Michael.  He starts in what appears to be a medical center, judging  from the Vazarin symbol.  He leans in slightly*

"Michael?  Are you in here?"

*Michael lays on a cot (or bed), sleeping comfortably.*

"Shhh!" The woman meditating in the middle of the room hisses. "There are people sleeping here!"

2 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"Even though military tech is a sensitive topic for our force, I guess both sides might get some information on the ongoing projects... probably" She quickly changed the topic "It doesn't sound sudden, considering how important it is for you. I do hope that your preparations are going smoothly" 

"Oh I doubt he'd ask for any of your tech." She says. "He's much more of a giving soul, than a taking one. He'd probably be content to simply show off his new toys."

She looks off into the distance.

"They are going." She says. "I am torn between the traditions of who I was, and who I am now. Should the deco be Tenno or Orokin. Should the vows be draped in prose and ceremony, or simple and plain. Should there be a dance? A duel? A dance of blades? I am the last of a dead people. Do I owe it to them to carry on tradition, or do I owe it to myself to become like the other Tenno?"

2 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Stabilis glances at her, lowering his voice*

"The sun is rising.  Does this place not have a wake-time schedule?"

*He creeps to where Michael sleeps*

"The Keepers and those with them rose at dawn." She says. "The shades and those seeking shelter may rise whenever they wish."

25 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Oh I doubt he'd ask for any of your tech." She says. "He's much more of a giving soul, than a taking one. He'd probably be content to simply show off his new toys."

She looks off into the distance.

"They are going." She says. "I am torn between the traditions of who I was, and who I am now. Should the deco be Tenno or Orokin. Should the vows be draped in prose and ceremony, or simple and plain. Should there be a dance? A duel? A dance of blades? I am the last of a dead people. Do I owe it to them to carry on tradition, or do I owe it to myself to become like the other Tenno?"

It's not common for Therese to precisely sense the emotions of other people, but she thought that she snuffed some melancholia in Felicity back at the moment.

"... The chances are that you are not the very last orokin. When everything began to shatter, some of the lesser of the kind made their attempts to escape to other systems along with the huge numbers of civilians who were running from the grineer upheaval. Even if the high orokins are no more, there may be the ones like you in the distanced systems, which are now similar to "closed pockets", due to the collapse of the interstellar logistics. Moreover, our reckon personnel stumbled at some weird pieces of intel and clues, which may or may not state that few survived orokin may still be in the Origin. Those theories were neither proved nor discarded, but keep your faith, Felicity. Who knows? Maybe your kind is now rebuilding somewhere in one of the Swan systems and even scheming to mend the previous mistakes"

The mention of the ceremony attributes made her scruple, "Sounds very complicated, especially for someone who knows no meaning to all of those elements and can only define if something looks pretty or not" She grinned ironically "If stars would line up in a parade and so make the miracle happen, propelling the day when I will have to plan this kind of ceremony for myself, I would probably... elope" 

Edited by Teloch

21 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"The Keepers and those with them rose at dawn." She says. "The shades and those seeking shelter may rise whenever they wish."

"Hmm.  Well, I still wish to talk with Michael."

*Stabilis shakes Michael, gently.*

MMmm?  Was I in a funky place?

"No, Michael.  I just want to talk with you."

*Michael yawns, turning over in his bed*

Five more minutes.

"Michael,"

52 minutes ago, Teloch said:

It's not common for Therese to precisely sense the emotions of other people, but she thought that she snuffed some melancholia in Felicity back at the moment.

"... The chances are that you are not the very last orokin. When everything began to shatter, some of the lesser of the kind made their attempts to escape to other systems along with the huge numbers of civilians who were running from the grineer upheaval. Even if the high orokins are no more, there may be the ones like you in the distanced systems, which are now similar to "closed pockets", due to the collapse of the interstellar logistics. Moreover, our reckon personnel stumbled at some weird pieces of intel and clues, which may or may not state that few survived orokin may still be in the Origin. Those theories were neither proved nor discarded, but keep your faith, Felicity. Who knows? Maybe your kind is now rebuilding somewhere in one of the Swan systems and even scheming to mend the previous mistakes"

The mention of the ceremony attributes made her scruple, "Sounds very complicated, especially for someone who knows no meaning to all of those elements and can only define if something looks pretty or not" She grinned ironically "If stars would line up in a parade and so make the miracle happen, propelling the day when I will have to plan this kind of ceremony for myself, I would probably... elope" 

Felicity nod.

"Perhaps." She says. "Thank you major."

At the mention of Theresa's suggestion she smiles mischviously.

"You know Major, Theylin is single." She says. "I could set up a date for you two...."

50 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

"Hmm.  Well, I still wish to talk with Michael."

*Stabilis shakes Michael, gently.*

MMmm?  Was I in a funky place?

"No, Michael.  I just want to talk with you."

*Michael yawns, turning over in his bed*

Five more minutes.

"Michael,"

The woman let's you speak.

Just now, Rakawan said:

The woman let's you speak.

*Stabilis moves to drag Michael out of the bed, literally.*

Hey, what you doin?

"Michael, lets go somewhere where we can talk alone."

Mkay.

*Michael stretches, and walks besides Stabilis.  They stop a ways outside the room, in a small corner.*

"Michael, do you want to continue with your training?  Because if you don't then it is completely okay."

*Michael thinks on it for a bit.*

Would ya be hurtin me more?

"Yes.  Much more.  The order is not one of pleasantry, but of endurance."

*Michael thinks again.*

Can I have some time ta think?

"Yes.  But I must know by today."

*Michael nods, then walks back to the medical room, where he laid back down on the bed, resting his eyes, but not really sleeping.*

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

Felicity nod.

"Perhaps." She says. "Thank you major."

At the mention of Theresa's suggestion she smiles mischviously.

"You know Major, Theylin is single." She says. "I could set up a date for you two...."

The last offer stiffened, embarrassed, and probably terrified Therese.

"In such case, you would have to elaborate to almost two thousand of millennium-old soldiers why does their major has the right for this sort of relationships when they don't" She found the ground below suddenly interesting, "we are hostages to who we are, Felicity. In different ways, but we have to play according to the rules"

On 11/11/2016 at 5:00 PM, Teloch said:

The last offer stiffened, embarrassed, and probably terrified Therese.

"In such case, you would have to elaborate to almost two thousand of millennium-old soldiers why does their major has the right for this sort of relationships when they don't" She found the ground below suddenly interesting, "we are hostages to who we are, Felicity. In different ways, but we have to play according to the rules"

"It was a bad attempt at humor major. But you now you understand." Felicity says. "You are right. That is why I cannot simply run off with Ryoko. For all his childishness he is highly respected, as am I. If we ignore decorum and tradition why should those who look up to us follow it?"

Edited by Rakawan

1 hour ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Stabilis moves to drag Michael out of the bed, literally.*

Hey, what you doin?

"Michael, lets go somewhere where we can talk alone."

Mkay.

*Michael stretches, and walks besides Stabilis.  They stop a ways outside the room, in a small corner.*

"Michael, do you want to continue with your training?  Because if you don't then it is completely okay."

*Michael thinks on it for a bit.*

Would ya be hurtin me more?

"Yes.  Much more.  The order is not one of pleasantry, but of endurance."

*Michael thinks again.*

Can I have some time ta think?

"Yes.  But I must know by today."

*Michael nods, then walks back to the medical room, where he laid back down on the bed, resting his eyes, but not really sleeping.*

"I can hear your mind racing, little one." The woman says. "What troubles you?"

3 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"I can hear your mind racing, little one." The woman says. "What troubles you?"

*Michael's eyes opened, wide as always*

My mind's dat loud to ya?  Must get hard ta sleep.

*He sits up, swinging his legs over the edge of the bed*

Well, I wanna train, cause I am as good as dem, but I don wanna get hurt no more.  Not for trainin.  I don know what I should do.

19 hours ago, Rakawan said:

A small knock on the door wakes you.
You can smell and hear the signs of cooking from upstairs. 

The knocks would not be heard by anyone else but the person knocking, and there was nobody in the room.

Early in the morning, Alice had snug out. It was unclear where, not even to her, but after she had asked random civilians for directions, she had found just the place she needed. The people she asked would not believe the rumors of the crazy Mirage stakehouse owner, after her words had been calm and almost empty, but the oddest thing being that she was walking.

The place she was looking for ended up being a bar. She didn't pay attention to it's name or the owner and inhabitants as she walked towards the counter, and requested her order.

"Strongest thing you have..."

On 11/12/2016 at 6:20 AM, Denny2669 said:

The knocks would not be heard by anyone else but the person knocking, and there was nobody in the room.

Early in the morning, Alice had snug out. It was unclear where, not even to her, but after she had asked random civilians for directions, she had found just the place she needed. The people she asked would not believe the rumors of the crazy Mirage stakehouse owner, after her words had been calm and almost empty, but the oddest thing being that she was walking.

The place she was looking for ended up being a bar. She didn't pay attention to it's name or the owner and inhabitants as she walked towards the counter, and requested her order.

"Strongest thing you have..."

"Of course ma'am." The barkeep says. She slides you a drink. "First one's on the house, you look like you could use it."

On 11/11/2016 at 10:11 PM, (XB1)chillichillman said:

What *Michael's eyes opened, wide as always*

My mind's dat loud to ya?  Must get hard ta sleep.

*He sits up, swinging his legs over the edge of the bed*

Well, I wanna train, cause I am as good as dem, but I don wanna get hurt no more.  Not for trainin.  I don know what I should do.

"You are not as good as them." Mira says. "You have the potential to be, but realizing it will take time. They have suffered, child, for their strength."

She looks at him.

"The man who founded this planet, and this order, was born to a Dax soldier. He learned to fight a day after he learned to walk. And from that moment onwards his father pushed him almost to breaking." She says. "One day he had enough, his bones ached, his muscles burned. Angered he asked his father why he had to endure such pain."

She takes a sip of tea.

"His father told him that in ages past he had a brother himself, that the boy had had an uncle. Had. The father had been too slow to save him, he had failed his own brother." She says. "He told his son 'The pain of losing someone you love, it is worse than any pain this training will inflict.' The son saw the truth of those words. To this day he trains. He is a warrior without peer, and a beacon to many."

She looks back at Michael.

"Pain will come to regardless of what lay you chose." She says. "The pain of being helpless, or the pain of forging a stronger self. You must decide which pain you are willing to shoulder."

Edited by Rakawan

On 11/11/2016 at 3:19 PM, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed smiles and walks in, He chuckles* "Say, see anything you like dear?, I can get you, if you like?, Ah, my good old friend Baro"

Baro sits speaking, drinking tea. He seems to be observing some ceremony. 

"Ahh Trader." He says. "I was told you were hospitalized. It is good to see you well."

On 12.11.2016 at 0:34 AM, Rakawan said:

"It was a bad attempt at humor major." Felicity says. "You are right. That is why I cannot simply run off with Ryoko. If we ignore decorum and tradition why should those who look up to us follow it."

"Yeah... But I think I've stolen enough of your time. Don't hesitate to contact me if there's something you need help with"

She looked at the cat, who was resting on its master's hands (rather irritated?) and spoke to it as if it was a baby

"And you'd be a good boy, don't you?" she briefly cuddled it's mug "of course you would; not like the bearded animal that was assigned to stay with me and which I will have to put in order before my boss' visit"

8 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"Yeah... But I think I've stolen enough of your time. Don't hesitate to contact me if there's something you need help with"

She looked at the cat, who was resting on its master's hands (rather irritated?) and spoke to it as if it was a baby

"And you'd be a good boy, don't you?" she briefly cuddled it's mug "of course you would; not like the bearded animal that was assigned to stay with me and which I will have to put in order before my boss' visit"

"Of course." Felicity says. "I...."

"I swear I am this close to putting microchips in his cream and your coffee." Ryoko says, stepping from a pad. "You can't just run off like that. You had me worried."

Felicity takes his hand.

"I am fine." She says. "I just had to go find your cat."

Ryoko glances at Fluffles.

"What did he do?" He asks.

"What?"

"You only call him my cat when he's done something." Ryoko says. "Did he coerce someone into buying him breakfasts again. I swear I think Darrin may be making him smarter. Now if only I could prove it."

They seen quite oblivious to your presence. Their voices are filled with joy and love.

You can see increased military activity. Archons are awake and starting drills. Seraphs practice flight formation. Above you can barely see ships moving in patrol routes. Far from preparations for war the spectacle seems to be intended as a show of arms, a display for the soon to be visiting WTC.

Edited by Rakawan

36 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

snoop

Therese decided against interfering into the "casual family quarrel", just smiled heartily at the uncommon scene. Then, she began her way back to the tent, while opening her hud and typing to Melanie again

"Good morning, Melanie. I have one thing to report and one thing to ask. First: the initial phase of the visit will require your presence, the presence of those initiates, and per a couple of loaders and stockmen. Second: do you have anything that would eradicate the alcoholic hazes that my lousy assistant emits? I don't need to tell what may happen if the boss smells that..."

Edited by Teloch

44 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"You are not as good as them." Mira says. "You have the potential to be, but realizing it will take time. They have suffered, child, for their strength."

She looks at him.

"The man who founded this planet, and this order, was born to a Dax soldier. He learned to fight a day after he learned to walk. And from that moment onwards his father pushed him almost to breaking." She says. "One day he had enough, his bones ached, his muscles burned. Angered he asked his father why he had to endure such pain."

She takes a sip of tea.

"His father told him that in ages past he had a brother himself, that the boy had had an uncle. Had. The father had been too slow to save him, he had failed his own brother." She says. "He told his son 'The pain of losing someone you love, it is worse than any pain this training will inflict.' The son saw the truth of those words. To this day he trains. He is a warrior without peer, and a beacon to many."

She looks back at Michael.

"Pain will come to regardless of what lay you chose." She says. "The pain of being helpless, or the pain of forging a stronger self. You must decide which pain you are willing to shoulder."

*Michael looks at her*

Dat deep.  But, dey don look like dey suffered much.  Don see how gettin real strong like dat is sufferin.

*He looks at her tea, and his stomach growls*

Imma gettin a bit hungry.