The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

18 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Are you willing to take that chance?" Mira asks. "You must decide what amount of power is worth what amount of pain. There are others who could train you. The reward and the cost vary."

But I would still have to be hit real hard to find out if my bones dont break.  I need ta run.  It helps me think.

*And with that, he walked out of the room, and started to jog through the halls of the monastery*

6 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"Ay, it's premature to prepare a burial for me... Or are you doing yourself a piss-pot?" After saying that, he recalled that he might use something to dump the stench. Something like a helmet. Although, he'd probably have to give an answer to the "why the hell are you hiding your mug in commander's presence". Flimsy as it may be, but it still was a chance to get away with it. 

He donned his squall helmet, which started it's fan rotations at rather bleak speeds, and walked away from the tent, trying not to make too loud noises or to tip over the cat or it's "nest" 

The Javat takes a bit of cloth,bites each corner, making a makeshift bag, and trots out. 

It appears that it wanted a head start on dividing the condemned' daily possession.

Melanie joins Alan at the landing pad. A squadron of Archon's flank her.

Dex soldiers begin setting up roadblocks and walkways, showing an increased presence.

Luc joins Ulf. He is clad in his Manticore armor, looking like a walking tank. A few more Meridian troops join him. 

The rest of the Council gathers in the chambers, save Ryoko and Richard, who are at the pad and office respectively.

Felicity stands on the platform as well, wearing Orokin garb, but carry a sheathed Skana.

Edited by Rakawan

6 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

But I would still have to be hit real hard to find out if my bones dont break.  I need ta run.  It helps me think.

*And with that, he walked out of the room, and started to jog through the halls of the monastery*

Mira nods. 

Outside four Tenno initiates are training, moving through Kata. 

All but one have an actual staff. The fourth has deactivated energy shackles on his wrists and legs and holds a wooden staff. The guards seem to keep a close eye on him

7 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Mira nods. 

Outside four Tenno initiates are training, moving through Kata. 

All but one have an actual staff. The fourth has deactivated energy shackles on his wrists and legs and holds a wooden staff. The guards seem to keep a close eye on him

*Michael stops when he sees this.  He walks towards them*

What ya doin here?  And why you swingin dem sticks around like such?

15 minutes ago, CelestialSabre said:

Sol wakes up drenched in sweat and breathing heavily.

John stands over him, his arm out as if rescuing for his shoulder.

"It is time." He says.

Your studies reveal little.

The challenges involve varying tasks. Some you must delegate, some must be attempted by all, some are even competitions. 

None are harmless. The weapons provided are live, the safety features disabled. It is a lethal, albeit controlled enivirinment. 

There are references to Trials and lessons that no one has heard of, and a few One found in the back of a Master level textbook. 

They appear intended to test the very limits of those who undertake them. Thankfully they seem to mostly be physical tests.

There is however a mention to a "Test of resilience" that seems to involve mental and emotional components.

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

John stands over him, his arm out as if rescuing for his shoulder.

"It is time." He says.

Your studies reveal little.

The challenges involve varying tasks. Some you must delegate, some must be attempted by all, some are even competitions. 

None are harmless. The weapons provided are live, the safety features disabled. It is a lethal, albeit controlled enivirinment. 

There are references to Trials and lessons that no one has heard of, and a few One found in the back of a Master level textbook. 

They appear intended to test the very limits of those who undertake them. Thankfully they seem to mostly be physical tests.

There is however a mention to a "Test of resilience" that seems to involve mental and emotional components.

Sol nods "Where to?"

11 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Michael stops when he sees this.  He walks towards them*

What ya doin here?  And why you swingin dem sticks around like such?

"They are training young one." An old voice says. A Tenno in robes with and old but kind face looks at you.

"Seth, not so rigid." He says. "Maurice, not so loose. I swear if I could clone a child from you both they would be flawless in technique."

Just now, Rakawan said:

"They are training young one." An old voice says. A Tenno in robes with and old but kind face looks at you.

"Seth, not so rigid." He says. "Maurice, not so loose. I swear if I could clone a child from you both they would be flawless in technique."

*Micheal looks up to the Tenno, then back to the trainees.*

So, dey arn't just swinin sticks around?  Hey, dat looks like me when I cut da weat.

*He points to the one in shackles*

Why he got irons on?

Just now, CelestialSabre said:

Sol nods "Where to?"

John leads the party through the halls. Nick and Mick are silent.

You enter a large, dark room. A singe beam of light illuminates a Skana on a pedestal. 

"Claim the blade." A voice says. "This is your challenge."

Nothing you have read seems present. No traps, no enemies, the floor looks suspiciously smooth. There is no sound but your breathing.

Just now, Rakawan said:

John leads the party through the halls. Nick and Mick are silent.

You enter a large, dark room. A singe beam of light illuminates a Skana on a pedestal. 

"Claim the blade." A voice says. "This is your challenge."

Nothing you have read seems present. No traps, no enemies, the floor looks suspiciously smooth. There is no sound but your breathing.

Sol nods "One, John, on my left and right. Nick, Mick, bring up the rear" he says as he takes a few steps towards the Skana

36 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"What would life be without risks?" Namira asks. "You aren't like Sai'ah or me. You couldn't tell how she'd react. Nor could you know what her mind is like. All you could have done was waited, and that would prove its own hell."

"No, I could tell how she'd react. I thought she was just not noticing my hints, the flirting. Inexperienced in such matters..." another glass goes in her mouth "I was just too blind to notice, too dumb to realize it couldn't have worked out..."

Just now, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Micheal looks up to the Tenno, then back to the trainees.*

So, dey arn't just swinin sticks around?  Hey, dat looks like me when I cut da weat.

*He points to the one in shackles*

Why he got irons on?

"They are doing kata." The Tenno says. "Movements to prepare the muscles and mind for actual strikes. Tenno use these fir stress relief, practice, or simply exhibition."

He follows your gaze.

"His mind is not entirely his own. Someone stuffed things inside, twisted his thoughts." He says. "He attacked me and his new family. We are trying to help him, but we must be careful. Until his mind is his own we must ensure he dies not injure others, or himself."

2 minutes ago, CelestialSabre said:

Sol nods "One, John, on my left and right. Nick, Mick, bring up the rear" he says as he takes a few steps towards the Skana

Panels open on the floor. Guns activate, proxies swarm forwards. A cage drops around the sword and a console pops up on the other side of the room. John goes flying as a panel flings him upwards. Nick grabs Moc, who is holding a bleeding leg, and drags him back. The moment you are all back where you started everything folds up and returns to normal. One has not moved, his hand raised in warning, his body frozen.

Edited by Rakawan

Just now, Rakawan said:

Panels open on the floor. Guns activate, proxies swarm forwards. A cage drops around the sword and a console pops up on the other side of the room. John goes flying as a panel flings him upwards. Nick and M

((XD u wanna finish that?)) John reaches to his back and pulls out his Lanka, and throws several deployable cover pods, diving behind one. "Everyone get to cover!" 

6 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"No, I could tell how she'd react. I thought she was just not noticing my hints, the flirting. Inexperienced in such matters..." another glass goes in her mouth "I was just too blind to notice, too dumb to realize it couldn't have worked out..."

"Perhaps." Namira says. "I won't try to make this feel better. This sucks for you. It dies."

She orders another drink.

1 minute ago, CelestialSabre said:

((XD u wanna finish that?)) John reaches to his back and pulls out his Lanka, and throws several deployable cover pods, diving behind one. "Everyone get to cover!" 

((Did.))

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Panels open on the floor. Guns activate, proxies swarm forwards. A cage drops around the sword and a console pops up on the other side of the room. John goes flying as a panel flings him upwards. Nick grabs Moc, who is holding a bleeding leg, and drags him back. The moment you are all back where you started everything folds up and returns to normal. One has not moved, his hand raised in warning, his body frozen.

7 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Sol places his modded Lanka back into its holster, then turns to One. "One, whats wrong?"

4 minutes ago, CelestialSabre said:

Sol places his modded Lanka back into its holster, then turns to One. "One, whats wrong?"

"A trap!" He blurts. "Oops."

John looks at the now empty room and takes one step forward. Planners open and all hell breaks loose. He jumps back and everything returns to normal. The pattern of defenses seems different that time, however.

Withba close eye you can see the floor has slight lines, tiles.

Just now, Rakawan said:

"A trap!" He blurts. "Oops."

John looks at the now empty room and takes one step forward. Planners open and all hell breaks loose. He jumps back and everything returns to normal. The pattern of defenses seems different that time, however.

Withba close eye you can see the floor has slight lines, tiles.

"Hmmmm. Lets see." Sol takes the mag out of a Lex, then lobs it at the Skana

1 minute ago, CelestialSabre said:

"Hmmmm. Lets see." Sol takes the mag out of a Lex, then lobs it at the Skana

A laser tracks it and a hidden sniper shoots it. The laser turns back to point at you, hen you hear a click and it shuts off. Panels begin to rise from the floor near you, providing possible cover. Your hear the sounds of rifles being loaded.

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

A laser tracks it and a hidden sniper shoots it. The laser turns back to point at you, hen you hear a click and it shuts off. Panels begin to rise from the floor near you, providing possible cover. Your hear the sounds of rifles being loaded.

Sol surveys the room, and then the floor. "Nick, how's Mick?"

26 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"They are doing kata." The Tenno says. "Movements to prepare the muscles and mind for actual strikes. Tenno use these fir stress relief, practice, or simply exhibition."

He follows your gaze.

"His mind is not entirely his own. Someone stuffed things inside, twisted his thoughts." He says. "He attacked me and his new family. We are trying to help him, but we must be careful. Until his mind is his own we must ensure he dies not injure others, or himself."

*Michael nods, then pulls out a small bag from under his shirt. From this he pulls out one Kama prime*

I saw Sarah spin dis around. Can ya teach me how to do dat?

Edited by (XB1)chillichillman

Just now, CelestialSabre said:

Sol surveys the room, and then the floor. "Nick, how's Mick?"

"He's dying." He says. "Heading towards the light. Don't go towards the light. Don't leave me!"

Mick lies on the ground in a comic pose.

One looks at him.

"It grazed the bone." He says. "Swelling will stop the bleeding, but it won't be pretty. He's gonna need medical attention."

At the mention of this another pedestal rises. Laser sights play over a first aid kit. 

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

"He's dying." He says. "Heading towards the light. Don't go towards the light. Don't leave me!"

Mick lies on the ground in a comic pose.

One looks at him.

"It grazed the bone." He says. "Swelling will stop the bleeding, but it won't be pretty. He's gonna need medical attention."

At the mention of this another pedestal rises. Laser sights play over a first aid kit. 

"So all we have to do is walk through a hail of gunfire to get that"

Edited by CelestialSabre