The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

4 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Michael slashes to one side, then the other. He then rotates it fast past his face and ear, then slashes again, as if he was going through wheat*

I don really know what ya did, but it did look like dis. Cut da wheat, cut da wasps befor they sting.

"Impressive." He says. "Again, but slower, controlled."

2 minutes ago, CelestialSabre said:

Sol dashes forward, running towards the sound and light

One is holding the jaws open, a small device sparking against the proxie's throat. He mumbles something past the tools he holds in his mouth, sounding rather urgent.

Edited by Rakawan

Just now, CelestialSabre said:

Sol rushes forward, grabbing a mandible and holding it in place

John and the others come around the corner. 

Ine nods his thanks and takes the tool, activating a sequence of nodes. The jaws relax and the thing makes a whining sound, then slumps. One pulls out a holo-pad and taps a few keys. The proxy responds by wiggling. You can see something past it in the tunnel.

2 hours ago, Rakawan said:

The Javat takes a bit of cloth,bites each corner, making a makeshift bag, and trots out. 

It appears that it wanted a head start on dividing the condemned' daily possession.

Melanie joins Alan at the landing pad. A squadron of Archon's flank her.

Dex soldiers begin setting up roadblocks and walkways, showing an increased presence.

Luc joins Ulf. He is clad in his Manticore armor, looking like a walking tank. A few more Meridian troops join him. 

The rest of the Council gathers in the chambers, save Ryoko and Richard, who are at the pad and office respectively.

Felicity stands on the platform as well, wearing Orokin garb, but carry a sheathed Skana.

The ship arrived soon. It was unique from what tenno operatives use: a very heavy - borderline between heavy fighter and destroyer classes - x wing ship, with a shape that reminds reversed scimitar craft, heavily plated and armed; the color set resembling the WTC "elite" forces scheme - midnight red, maroon, pale wheat and dark steel. No doubt it was manufactured specially.

Instead of docking, the ship's "bombing" hatch opened and dropped a capacious steel-ish container of rightabout shape and signaling lights by its sides. The container landed softly due to the compensating thrusters at its bottom. After this weird object's fall, the bulky figure of a rhino prime followed shortly. No doubt - it was the guest. Even though the figure was equipped with the intensely customized Soma Prime, unique "flamberg" greatsword, and a pair of stilettos prime, this time the man was clad in heavy-plated, pale-gold Uru prime syandana and acanthus prime chestplate. Despite the highly official appearances, the figure dropped down like a typical tenno paratrooper, swiftly recovering balance and checking the surroundings. The last "thing" that dropped from the ship was... A kavat. A pudgy, heavily armored kavat of an average bulky kubrow sizes. Unlike the rest of its cat kindred, it fell down not-so-graciously, thumping the ground with the armored belly, almost like a paratrooper pig making a combat landing.

The man proceeded to greet Melanie, saying "A rough week, isn't it? I'm glad there is where to return" through the helmet loudspeakers. The pudgy cat followed its supposed master with a springy (yet not very graceful) gait, leaving the container behind.

Edited by Teloch

13 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He laughs* "Oh, please, Grinner technology, cured and dangerous, All grinner are just mutation things, I rather have Orokin or Curpous, or even Tenno cybernetics" *He then stops his laughter, quickly then looks over to Sam* "Uh, minus our wonderful Brandon..."

"No offense taken." She says.

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

John and the others come around the corner. 

Ine nods his thanks and takes the tool, activating a sequence of nodes. The jaws relax and the thing makes a whining sound, then slumps. One pulls out a holo-pad and taps a few keys. The proxy responds by wiggling. You can see something past it in the tunnel.

Sol nods and looks past the ant lion

10 minutes ago, Teloch said:

The ship arrived soon. It was unique from what tenno operatives use: a very heavy - borderline between heavy fighter and destroyer classes - x wing ship, with a shape that reminds reversed scimitar craft, heavily plated and armed; the color set resembling the WTC "elite" forces scheme - midnight red, maroon, pale wheat and dark steel. No doubt it was manufactured specially.

Instead of docking, the ship's "bombing" hatch opened and dropped a capacious steel-ish container of rightabout shape and signaling lights by its sides. The container landed softly due to the compensating thrusters at its bottom. After this weird object's fall, the bulky figure of a rhino prime followed shortly. No doubt - it was the guest. Even though the figure was equipped with the intensely customized Soma Prime, unique "flamberg" greatsword, and a pair of stilettos prime, this time the man was clad in heavy-plated, pale-gold Uru prime syandana and acanthus prime chestplate. Despite the highly official appearances, the figure dropped down like a typical tenno paratrooper, swiftly recovering balance and checking the surroundings. The last "thing" that dropped from the ship was... A kavat. A pudgy, heavily armored kavat of an average bulky kubrow sizes. Unlike the rest of its cat kindred, it fell down not-so-graciously, thumping the ground with the armored belly. 

The man proceeded to greet Melanie, saying "A rough week, isn't it? I'm glad there is where to return" through the helmet loudspeakers. The pudgy cat followed its supposed master with a springy (yet not very graceful) gait, leaving the container behind.

"Colonel Teloch, welcome." Melanie says. "Unless of course you are an imposter."

She seems to be joking.

"It has been a long week." She says. "But we are stronger for it."

She gestures to the others.

"This is Felicity and her fiancé Ryoko, whom you have met." She says. 

Ryoko offers a short bow, his eyes fixed in the canister. 

Any advanced sensors would detect several scans reviewing the cannister and attempting to confirm the identity of the Rhino.

Felicity curtsies, her Orokin dress sparkling in the sun. 

"This is Alan." Melanie says. "He was the first here to await your arrival."

Alan nods, leaning on his walking stick.

Luc steps forward, standing a good foot taller than even the Rhino.

"Steel Meridian welcomes you." He says. "I am General Luc, of the Manticore Corps."

Melanie gestures to the Citadel.

"We have a Council room prepared." She says. "The others are waiting."

Edited by Rakawan

9 minutes ago, CelestialSabre said:

Sol nods and looks past the ant lion

The tunnel opens into a massive room. Machinery fills it, moving turrets beneath the tiles and swapping the emergent locations of the consoles.

Edited by Rakawan

3 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*He does so, but it is slightly different this time. His arms moves smoothly, but it still moves in a slightly jerking manner. As he goes through the motions, he starts to hum a very out of tune song.*

"Stop." Philip says. "Again. Slolwly, take your time and let the motions flow."

1 minute ago, CelestialSabre said:

Sol looks around in awe((bbl))

"Would it be cheating if we say... did this?" One asks, sending the proxy flying into a turret. It sparks and breaks. 

"Or this?" He asks, breaking an electric trap.

There is no response.

14 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"The Chairwoman of Defense. Wife if the first Chancellor." Namira says. "Melanie, the only human I know who was willing to go toe to toe with a Tenno for the sake of her daughter."

"And what could she possibly do to us?" Alice asked, not intimidated by the woman's title.

4 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"And what could she possibly do to us?" Alice asked, not intimidated by the woman's title.

"Considering she commands this worlds military, and is Sai'ah's legal guardian... quite a bit." Namira says. "She is concerned about your influence on her daughter."

Namira takes another drink.

"Like all mother's she doesn't want her daughter hanging out with a 'bad crowd'." She says. "She is concerned, but not yet entirely convinced, that you are a bad influence. She wants some proof you are not."

Edited by Rakawan

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

"Colonel Teloch, welcome." Melanie says. "Unless of course you are an imposter."

She seems to be joking.

"It has been a long week." She says. "But we are stronger for it."

She gestures to the others.

"This is Felicity and her fiancé Ryoko, whom you have met." She says. 

Ryoko offers a short bow, his eyes fixed in the canister. 

Any advanced sensors would detect several scans reviewing the cannister and attempting to confirm the identity of the Rhino.

Felicity curtsies, her Orokin dress soarkling in the sun. 

"This is Alan." Melanie says. "He was the first here to await your arrival."

Alan nods, leaning in his walking stick.

Luc steps forward, standing a good foot taller than even the Rhino.

"Steel Meridian welcomes you." He says. "I am General Luc, of the Manticore Corps."

Melanie gestures to the Citadel.

"We have a Council room prepared." She says. "The others are waiting."

"I'm afraid your information is outdated, Melanie. After the recent missions, one of our regular divisions grew in sizes, making the whole regular force brigade-large. Warlord Seonah Wuzhong will take my previous position as soon as the instructions will be cleared out" he answered and then turned his helmet in Alan's way. "I beg your pardon for breaking the protocol, but I believe there's something must be settled first" he briefly spoke to Melanie and then his arcane Thrak helmet unclosed, revealing a face of an early to mid thirties man with a half-box haircut, raven-black hair, three-days-old stubble, and cold green-grey (aka xanadu ) eyes, with juicy red energy circles near pupil.

"As I live and breathe! Alan the ivory swordsman found a place for retirement!" Even though he seemed to be rather tired from the previous day, he did smile "The others thought you died long ago"

Edited by Teloch

2 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"I'm afraid your information is outdated, Melanie. After the recent missions, one of our regular divisions grew in sizes, making the whole regular force brigade-large. Warlord Seonah Wuzhong will take my previous position as soon as the instructions will be cleared out" he answered and then turned his helmet in Alan's way. "I beg your pardon for breaking the protocol, but I believe there's something must be settled first" he briefly spoke to Melanie and then his arcane Thrak helmet unclosed, revealing a face of an early to mid thirties man with a half-box haircut, raven-black hair, three-days-old stubble, and cold green-grey (aka xanadu) eyes, with juicy red energy circles near pupil.

"As I live and breathe! Alan the ivory swordsman found a place for retirement!" Even though he seemed to be rather untested from the previous day, he did smile "The others thought you died long ago"

Melanie starts to say something but Alan stands up straighter and beams.

"Ol Bullseye!" He exlaims, clapping Teloch on the shoulder. "It so good to see you."

He geatures to the assembled.

"Retirement?" He asks. "I wish. These young whippersnappers won't let me retire!"

He gestures to the city.

"Ahh but we can talk along the way." He says. "The Chairwoman is very eager to show off of their new military."

Human soldiers wearing a strange symbol line the streets at intervals. They seem to be part of a police or security force.

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Considering she commands this worlds military, and is Sai'ah's legal guardian... quite a bit." Namira says. "She is comcerned about your influence on her daughter."

Namira takes another drink.

"Like all mother's she doesn't want her daughter hanging out with a 'bad crowd'." She says. "She is concerned, but not yet entirely convinced, that you are a bad influence. She wants some proof you are not."

Now it started getting serious "Me? Influencing Sai?" Alice would've almost giggled "Overprotective mothers... typical... but if it keeps Sai safe, I'll restrain myself."

Just now, Denny2669 said:

Now it started getting serious "Me? Influencing Sai?" Alice would've almost giggled "Overprotective mothers... typical... but if it keeps Sai safe, I'll restrain myself."

"And on that note I have some other news." Namira says. "And not the good kind."

Just now, (XB1)chillichillman said:

Why?  Dis get da job done, don it?

*He cocks his head off to one side, letting the kama dangle by his side*

"For chopping wheat perhaps." Philip says. "But not for fighting or showmanship. Your movements are jerky, undisciplined. The Kata should help you learn to flow, tomove from one motion to the next like water."

Just now, Denny2669 said:

"Don't worry, I've got just the thing to shake off the sh!t life throws at me." Alice said, downing another glass to prepare for the bad news.

"I think Nemesis may still be around." She says. "I don't think Sai'ah actually destroyed her."