The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

9 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"For chopping wheat perhaps." Philip says. "But not for fighting or showmanship. Your movements are jerky, undisciplined. The Kata should help you learn to flow, tomove from one motion to the next like water."

*Michael nods, then moves in a more fluid motion, slower, but smoother.*

This fells a bit funky.  And weak.  I don think I can cut anything like dis.

2 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He nods. Looking back over* "So my good friend, what delightful orokin dishes are we to admire?" 

"Well I thought we'd start with some Oasis Jellyfish." He says.

"Are these the same Jelly....?" Sam asks.

"That led to my partnership with the Tenno." Baro finishes. "Indeed. I also have some Plutonian Salmon caviar, and some escargot from Earth."

2 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Michael nods, then moves in a more fluid motion, slower, but smoother.*

This fells a bit funky.  And weak.  I don think I can cut anything like dis.

"Not at that speed." Philip says. "But your body will get used to the motion, and when you move faster it will flow better."

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Melanie starts to say something but Alan stands up straighter and beams.

"Ol Bullseye!" He exlaims, clapping Teloch on the shoulder. "It so good to see you."

He geatures to the assembled.

"Retirement?" He asks. "I wish. These young whippersnappers won't let me retire!"

He gestures to the city.

"Ahh but we can talk along the way." He says. "The Chairwoman is very eager to show off of their new military."

Human soldiers wearing a strange symbol line the streets at intervals. They seem to be part of a police or security force.

"They sure do. I'd sooner shave my rear and give it and an atterax to Kali then leave these weeds," he nodded at Therese and then at Ulf "to sort out the mess in Origins by themselves". Instead of starting off with him, he turned to the rest of the delegation  "One moment, comrade, I think I haven't greeted the others".

"Arbiter Ryoko, Felicity, I'm afraid that the customized weaponry donated by our soldiers to your new initiates won't constitute as a wedding gift, but that's the best we managed to think of so far" He turned to Luc "My greetings to you and Cressa. Tell her that we will initiate the investigation of the recent incidents near the Mars/Phobos war theater within a day". He turned back to Melanie again "I was 'lucky' enough to live to the Brigade General rank, and now I have over four thousand brethren to lead and care about. Also, your decision to exchange with the certain information with Lieutenant-Colonel Johan has led to him being amazed and embarrassed. Expect a reverse pleasantry from him soon" 

9 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Not at that speed." Philip says. "But your body will get used to the motion, and when you move faster it will flow better."

Hmm.  Hey, wanna see something cool?

*Michael spins the Kama past his ear, then lets it fly at an upwards angle.  It bounces off the wall, and lands in the floor at his feet.  He reaches down to pick it up, struggling to pull it from the floor*

See?  Ain't dat cool?

18 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Well I thought we'd start with some Oasis Jellyfish." He says.

"Are these the same Jelly....?" Sam asks.

"That led to my partnership with the Tenno." Baro finishes. "Indeed. I also have some Plutonian Salmon caviar, and some escargot from Earth."

*He smiled* "That sounds lovely, Baro it's been awhile since I have had such"

21 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"They sure do. I'd sooner shave my rear and give it and an atterax to Kali then leave these weeds," he nodded at Therese and then at Ulf "to sort out the mess in Origins by themselves". Instead of starting off with him, he turned to the rest of the delegation  "One moment, comrade, I think I haven't greeted the others".

"Arbiter Ryoko, Felicity, I'm afraid that the customized weaponry donated by our soldiers to your new initiates won't constitute as a wedding gift, but that's the best we managed to think of so far" He turned to Luc "My greetings to you and Cressa. Tell her that we will initiate the investigation of the recent incidents near the Mars/Phobos war theater within a day". He turned back to Melanie again "I was 'lucky' enough to live to the Brigade General rank, and now I have over four thousand brethren to lead and care about. Also, your decision to exchange with the certain information with Lieutenant-Colonel Johan has led to him being amazed and embarrassed. Expect a reverse pleasantry from him soon" 

Ryoko and Felicity bow.

At the mention of exchange of tech Ryoko narrows his eyes at Melanie.

"What did you give them?" He asks.

She raises an eyebrow and nods upwards. Towards where the Dreadnoughts float in orbit.

"Blast it woman!" He says. "Now I have to design a bigger Dreadnought." 

He seems elated by the concept.

"After the honeymoon of course." He says to Felicity.

"Why after?" She asks. "Why not during. And what about  carrier, we could use one."

He beams at her.

"You are amazing." He says. 

Fluffles strides up and starts as he sees the other Kavat. He marches right up to it and stares at it, as if to ask what it is doing on his turf.

Meanwhile Luc strikes his chest with his fist in a salute.

"We look forward to your assistance." He says. "If you have some time."

He stresses the if.

"We would love to show you the new longsword craft." He finishes. 

Alan smiles as you turn back.

"Ahh cut the youngun's some slack." He says. "Young master Ulf has developed quite a repetitive with the Archons. And Ms. Bloom has been all business."

A human with the strange symbol on her armor, bearing Dex weaponry in ornrate sheathes stops before Melanie and kneels as a knight or ancient soldier would.

"The streets are clear Chairwoman." She says. "There where protestors along the eastern side, but they dispersed once we offered to present their demands to the council."

"Brigadier- General," Melanie says. "This is Captain Holly, leader of the Dex peacekeepers."

Holly bows.

"An honor to meet you Tenno." She says and turns to Melanie. "I will secure the remaining areas. Please do not tarry in the open too long."

She bows again and slips away.

Edited by Rakawan

14 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

Hmm.  Hey, wanna see something cool?

*Michael spins the Kama past his ear, then lets it fly at an upwards angle.  It bounces off the wall, and lands in the floor at his feet.  He reaches down to pick it up, struggling to pull it from the floor*

See?  Ain't dat cool?

"What purpose does it serve?" Philip asks. 

31 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"I think Nemesis may still be around." She says. "I don't think Sai'ah actually destroyed her."

"That's supposed to be bad news?" Alice tried to smile, emphasis on tried. She can't smile right now "Just a skull I can pierce again, just as easily as the first time."

Just now, Denny2669 said:

"That's supposed to be bad news?" Alice tried to smile, emphasis on tried. She can't smile right now "Just a skull I can pierce again, just as easily as the first time."

"I mean she may be... possessing Sai'ah." Namira says. "Inside her head, inside her mind."

10 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He smiled* "That sounds lovely, Baro it's been awhile since I have had such"

Jensen brings the platter in. He moves with a slow gait. 

"Take your time Jensen." Baro says kindly. "We are in no hurry."

"Thank you Master." The servant says. "But perhaps you should find another server. I think the soup will be cold if I continue to deliver it."

"Perhaps it is time for you to retire." Baro says.

"Oh I don't know what I'd do with all the time." Jensen says. "Perhaps a position as butler. Answer the door, fetch your coat, be the suspect when a body is found within the house."

Baro and Sam laugh at this.

"Who cooks all this?" Sam asks.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

Its fun. Helps me to get mah mind off of workin, so I can work longer. Cant be serious all da time

*He frees it from the floor, falling backwards as he does. He gets back up, being careful with the sickle*

"Then please refrain from doing it during the lesson." Philip says. "I will not teach you things merely to impress people."

His tone is firm, but kind.

Edited by Rakawan

1 minute ago, Denny2669 said:

Once again, the glass stopped just before her lips "What can we do about that?" Alive asked.

"I don't know." Namira says. "I don't even know where the thing came from."

She downs another drink.

"No one does." She says. "It's been hunting our kind for years, with overhwelming success."

12 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Snoop

The huge kavat acted like a duchess - polite and refined. Mostly sitting near its master's leg and moving with a tip of its coiled tail rather coquettishly. 

The bulky man regained his sober facial expression and serious voice "Then let's not stress the local security workers much. We have a lot to discuss, starting from a very serious proposition"

Just now, Rakawan said:

"I don't know." Namira says. "I don't even know where the thing came from."

She downs another drink.

"No one does." She says. "It's been hunting our kind for years, with overhwelming success."

Alice set the drink down on the counter "Does her mother know? Maybe her power could access information we cannot..."

33 minutes ago, Teloch said:

The huge kavat acted like a duchess - polite and refined. Mostly sitting near its master's leg and moving with a tip of its coiled tail rather coquettishly. 

The bulky man regained his sober facial expression and serious voice "Then let's not stress the local security workers much. We have a lot to discuss, starting from a very serious proposition"

Melanie steps forward and the Archons fall in around you all. 

Fluffles flicks his tail in an aloof manner and struts off to stand beside Melanie as if he was part of the honor guard.

"The council finally imploded." Alan says to Teloch. "Got so bad the Lotus had to give them a cease and desist. I took the chance to get out.  The new council is much more restrained, and they are trying to bring the Tenno together."

Two Archons run scanners over the cylinder, checking the contents.

The group moves forward.

Edited by Rakawan

11 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

Alice set the drink down on the counter "Does her mother know? Maybe her power could access information we cannot..."

"Even the Lotus does not know the origin of Nemesis." Namira says. "No one besides telepaths have seen her, and none save Sai'ah have survived her." 

She pauses.

"Well except me." She says. "But I barely got away and I know next to nothing about Nemesis."

Edited by Rakawan

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

"Even theitus dies not the Origin of Nemesis." Namira says. "No one besides telepath have seen her, and none save Sai'ah have survived her." 

She pauses.

"Well except me." She says. "But I barely got away and I know next to nothing about Nemesis."

"Cmon, this does everything but keep me from the bottom of the bottle. There has to be something we can work with!" Alice protested.

1 minute ago, Denny2669 said:

"Cmon, this does everything but keep me from the bottom of the bottle. There has to be something we can work with!" Alice protested.

"This isn't some wine we can yank out and stomp on." Namira says. "It's a mental parasite, a being of though. The only place it could be harmed would be..."

She stops.

"That boy with you." She says. "Yesterday. Where is he?"

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

"This isn't some wine we can yank out and stomp on." Namira says. "It's a mental parasite, a being of though. The only place it could be harmed would be..."

She stops.

"That boy with you." She says. "Yesterday. Where is he?"

"At the steak house. Why? How do you know about him?" Alice asked.

Just now, Denny2669 said:

"At the steak house. Why? How do you know about him?" Alice asked.

Namira simply gives you a "really?" look.

"The only place Nemesis can be harmed is inside Sai'ah's mind." Namira says. "You can't go there, not alone. But I can take you there. We can find it, but we'll need Rip's help."

44 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Melanie steps forward and the Archons fall in around you all. 

Fluffles flicks his tail in an aloof manner and struts off to stand beside Melanie as if he was part of the honor guard.

"The council finally imploded." Alan says to Teloch. "Got so bad the Lotus had to give them a cease and desist. I took the chance to get out.  The new council is much more restrained, and they are trying to bring the Tenno together."

Teloch's face transformed from serious to frosty at the mention of the Lotus "It will take much more than a council and an "everloving" prophet to unite the system. Some of the younger tenno - even among our soldiers - began to forget or forcefully ignore the fact they are also humans. Special but still humans. Personally, I put more trust in UHC movement. The gap grows with each year, this must be solved, and the vast humanity shows more activity in unifying and generating ideas than our own sub-species" 

The cat continued to move with its master pretending not to notice the other's kavat flashy behavior.

44 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Two Archons run scanners over the cylinder, checking the contents.

The scans revealed... guns. Lots of primed, maintained, lovingly customized guns. Seems like they are very expensive, and served well to their previous owners. Some even bear markings of path ways, suggesting that the lenses were installed. They come in three color schemes: Bright steel with blue plating and yellow trim; dark steel with black & maroon plating and tyellow trim; pale gold with midnight red and wheat-yellow plating, with maroon-red trim. Most of the guns are primed versions of: boar, dakra, glaive, scindo, burston, orthos, vasto, sicarus, akbronko, latron.

Edited by Teloch