The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

2 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Michael grimaces, then does so.  About halfway through the kama slips from his hand.*

Ow.  I don think I good at dis stuff.

"Try it again." Philip says. "Slowly. Let us see where you made the mistake."

13 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Michael moves through it slower.  When he spins it past his ear, his fingers stumble a bit.*

Ya tell me to go fast, den slow.  dont ya go slow, den fast?

"We did go slow first." Philip says. "Now we go slow again so you can correct your mistake. Spin it again, slowly. Focus."

5 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"The rate sits at 25%." Ryoko says. "Boosting it further is not a matter of resources or funding. We simply do not know."

He gestures to Felicity.

"My fiancé is loose lipped about her heritage, so I see no reason to hide it." He says. "She was there when we were made. She preppped several of our brethren for their void exposure. Many of our kind owe her their life. But she cannot remember what she did exactly. What she can recall shows that our rate slightly increased overt that of the Orokin."

Fleicity steps forward.

"Any scientists who study the void." She says. "Anyone with memories of their Change. Any scraps of data logs from that time. What we need more than anything is knowledge."

It took about ten second for the heavy to generate an answer

"Yes, we do have a department full of scientists who are trying to study the void. But their main focus of inspection is somewhat different from the phisiological impact of the void powers on living organisms. They try to measure the void from the geographic and physic points of view. Consider yourself how helpful they may be. As for the conversion stations remains... By now, you have probably figured about our solid presence in the void after seing the specifics of our operatives equipment and Major Bloom's repeated remarks on our latter expedition raid. Thatnks to one of our allied clans, we established a solid presence in the void over the last years and uncovered a number of intriguing objects. Yet, we didn't find neither functional tennofication facilities, nor their debris clouds. With the last mayday signal that follewed after the Terminus events, all of the void-incubators were shutted down first and then destroyed. And I would say that they did the task perfectly - all what we managed to uncover is but a number of fragmented data and artifacts that most likely have some connection to these stations, and a slightly larger number of information snippets and artifacts that may be somehow connected to these facilities. I can issue the special delivery of these findings should you request them. And as for the memories..." he scratched his helmet's nape "... We have a lot of those who still remember their experience of conversion with varying level of detalisation. Starting from the first non-zarimaners, and ending with those who joined our species couple of months before the war's end, we're an actual memory bank. The question is how do you see this process of recollections gathering"

Edited by Teloch

10 minutes ago, Teloch said:

It took about ten second for the heavy to generate an answer

"Yes, we do have a department full of scientists who are trying to study the void. But their main focus of inspection is somewhat different from the phisiological impact of the void powers on living organisms. They try to measure the void from the geographic and physic points of view. Consider yourself how helpful they may be. As for the conversion stations remains... By now, you have probably figured about our solid presence in the void after seing the specifics of our operatives equipment and Major Bloom's repeated remarks on our latter expedition raid. Thatnks to one of our allied clans, we established a solid presence in the void over the last years and uncovered a number of intriguing objects. Yet, we didn't find neither functional tennofication facilities, nor their debris clouds. With the last mayday signal that follewed after the Terminus events, all of the void-incubators were shutted down first and then destroyed. And I would say that they did the task perfectly - all what we managed to uncover is but a number of fragmented data and artifacts that most likely have some connection to these stations, and a slightly larger number of information snippets and artifacts that may be somehow connected to these facilities. I can issue the special delivery of these findings should you request them. And as for the memories..." he scratched his helmet's nape "... We have a lot of those who still remember their experience of conversion with varying level of detalisation. Starting from the first non-zarimaners, and ending with those who joined our species couple of months before the war's end, we're an actual memory bank. The question is how do you see this process of recollections gathering"

Melanie looks at Ryoko who looks at Felicity who shifts.

"There is one more secret..." She says. "We have, one this planet, two individuals who you would call Psychers. Tenno who can easily enter and traverse another individuals mind. Given this we would simply need a few moments with the individual who reeves the event and we could view the memory and find any data we need."

Edited by Rakawan

7 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Sam swallows one of the jellyfish and grimaces.

"Ow! Ow! Ow!" She says. "Who in blazes considers this a delicacy?"

Baro swallows another jeyllfish and closes his eyes.

"Delicious." He says. "This batch is quite fresh."

*Zaeed chuckles* "Too hot my dear?, you kown, you need to blow it before you put it in your mouth" *He says sarcastically, he begins to eat his Jellyfish* "Humm..by the void, this is a nice start, stings your tongue, but it adds such spice!"

Edited by -Platinum-

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

"It will take time to assemble the others." Namira says. "Go rest, father your strength and focus. You will need all of it."

"Mmmmh..." Alice growled "Fine..."

With that, she stood up and walked towards the exit.

Edited by Denny2669

Just now, Rakawan said:

Namira watched her go.

"This will be interesting." She thought.

She made a few calls and began to gather supplies.

Alive would arrive back at her steakhouse, taking her sweet time while she walked, mind hazy. She stepped through the door, still looking much more normal than usually.

11 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Melanie looks at Ryoko who looks at Felicity who shifts.

"There is one more secret..." She says. "We have, one this planet. Two individuals who you would call Psychers. Tenno who can easily enter and traverse another individuals mind. Given this we would simply need a few moments with the individual who reeves the event and we could view the memory and find any data we need."

judging by the man's body language, he expected exactly for this answer, "Indeed you have such an option, but there are two moments to this idea that must be cleared out first: these psychers must be absolutely loyal and principal in not attempting to violate the memories that have nothing to do with the case. Basically, we need a system of checks and balances. And the other point is that these momories in particular are special in many ways, especially when it comes to the emotional and cognitive experience. Recalling my own conversion and knowing that a psycher would likely "live" through the memory, he or she might be exposed to mental health hazards"

Edited by Teloch

7 minutes ago, Teloch said:

judging by the man's body language, he expected exactly for this answer, "Indeed you have such an option, but there are two moments to this idea that must be cleared out first: these psychers must be absolutely loyal and principal in not attempting to violate the memories that have nothing to do with the case. Basically, we need a system of checks and balances. And the other point is that these momories in particular are special in many ways, especially when it comes to the emotional and cognitive experience. Recalling my own conversion and knowing that a psycher would likely "live" through the memory, he or she might be exposed to mental health hazards"

"There is another option." Ryoko says slowly. "A Telepath and a Oeeper couldnwork together to copy and project the memory. Display it like a hologram recording. We could watch it, rewind, fast forward, and analyze. Less chance of wandering into secrets."

He seems uncertain about this.

"We will do some research into our options." He says. "We may have found another way to boost our rates. We are still working on getting this to a reliable state."

Melanie nods.

"I heard talk of Garrisons." She said. "If this were true, then one could be stationed near the science district. They could update you about progress and requests, as well as participate in research and testing, on a volunteer basis of course."

Fluffles leans down to a small platform beside his seat and presses a button with his nose. Something small dings and a tray with food and water rises. He looks at the other Kavat and nudges it towards them as if asking if they want some.

14 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

Alive would arrive back at her steakhouse, taking her sweet time while she walked, mind hazy. She stepped through the door, still looking much more normal than usually.

Rip is playing a small board game with his little sister.

"Feeling better?" He asks. 

He does not probe your mind.

18 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Michael nods, spinning it past his ear, slower.  this time his fingers do not stumble.*

It gets hard when I go fast, like my fingers don wanna listen to my brain.

"They need to adjust to the speed. Continue moving it slowly, focus on the motions, remember them."

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

Rip is playing a small board game with his little sister.

"Feeling better?" He asks. 

He does not probe your mind.

"Couldn't be worse..." Alice replied, massaging her forehead. Her eye colors were still reversed "I need to get my mind off of things..."

A moderately sized orbiter comes out of warp, and slows as it approaches the planet.  Inside, the Limbo pilot sits at the communication console.  "Are you certain you wish to make yourself known to them, sir?"  A man in a dark pinstripe suit, sitting on what used to be the foundry, sighs.  "Yes, Johnathan.  Now comm them.  I don't want to be walking into a place and then starting a war."  The call signal goes out, hailing what seemed like the defense station of the planet.

12 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"There is another option." Ryoko says slowly. "A Telepath and a Oeeper couldnwork together to copy and project the memory. Display it like a hologram recording. We could watch it, rewind, fast forward, and analyze. Less chance of wandering into secrets."

He seems uncertain about this.

"We will do some research into our options." He says. "We may have found another way to boost our rates. We are still working on getting this to a reliable state."

Melanie nods.

"I heard talk of Garrisons." She said. "If this were true, then one could be stationed near the science district. They could update you about progress and requests, as well as participate in research and testing, on a volunteer basis of course."

Fluffles leans down to a small platform beside his seat and presses a button with his nose. Something small dings and a tray with food and water rises. He looks at the other Kavat and nudges it towards them as if asking if they want some.

The premature mention of garrisons did raise the man's brow, "Now there, colleagues, before proceeding to other topics, we need a closure on this one. So far we've come to such paragraphs. There is a number of items and bits of information that have relevance and so value to the cause, which means that I need an official request to provide those items. Then, we have a vast number of witnesses who can provide their recollection on the matter in at least two possible ways, but that would require time and some logistical efforts. Finally, both sides have scientific departments that share the vector of study, which means we need to generate a list of research topics and thesis for future scientific exchange. If everyone is content with this outline and has nothing more to add, then I suggest we keep to this road map and proceed to the next case of discussion" 

Baast purred in a proud manner as if asking "are you trying to flirt with me?" and not waiting for the reverse reaction, began to devour the contents of the bowl. Judging by the speed of it and her overall sizes, even with a credit of her being armored, she sure enjoyed tasties and her master seen nothing wrong in spoiling her with sweet proteins beyond any limits.

Edited by Teloch

3 hours ago, Teloch said:

The premature mention of garrisons did raise the man's brow, "Now there, colleagues, before proceeding to other topics, we need a closure on this one. So far we've come to such paragraphs. There is a number of items and bits of information that have relevance and so value to the cause, which means that I need an official request to provide those items. Then, we have a vast number of witnesses who can provide their recollection on the matter in at least two possible ways, but that would require time and some logistical efforts. Finally, both sides have scientific departments that share the vector of study, which means we need to generate a list of research topics and thesis for future scientific exchange. If everyone is content with this outline and has nothing more to add, then I suggest we keep to this road map and proceed to the next case of discussion" 

Baast purred in a proud manner as if asking "are you trying to flirt with me?" and not waiting for the reverse reaction, began to devour the contents of the bowl. Judging by the speed of it and her overall sizes, even with a credit of her being armored, she sure enjoyed tasties and her master seen nothing wrong in spoiling her with sweet proteins beyond any limits.

Fluffles pretended to be aloof. He flicked his tail and burned away as if to say "Don't flatter yourself dear." 

He was not entirely sucessful.

He pressed another button and a larger tray appaered. He began to chow down watchcignthe preceedinngs with a detached air.

"Then we formally request all information and tech you are willing to share regarding the Conversion process." Felicity says. "We will hold off on asking for those with memories until we have a way to study them. Any scientists you wish to station here would be welcome to work in our labs with us."

Ryoko nodded.

"For now we will let that remain our sole joint venture." He says. "We will see how our departments work together and generate a list of projects we could branch into. I'm sure you understand General, but we have our own projects, as you have yours. In fact I believe Luc is looking forward to demonstrating one of them."

Luc nods.

"It seems we have an agreement." Melanie says. "Now you have something to mention, and we shall listen."

15 hours ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

A moderately sized orbiter comes out of warp, and slows as it approaches the planet.  Inside, the Limbo pilot sits at the communication console.  "Are you certain you wish to make yourself known to them, sir?"  A man in a dark pinstripe suit, sitting on what used to be the foundry, sighs.  "Yes, Johnathan.  Now comm them.  I don't want to be walking into a place and then starting a war."  The call signal goes out, hailing what seemed like the defense station of the planet.

"Identify yourself." Simon says. 

15 hours ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Michael continues to repeat the motion, his movements growing slower, but more deliberate.*

When will dey adjust?

"In time." Philip says. "Learning swordplay is not an overnight thing, not by proper means."

He launches into a complex combo of slashes and kicks.

"Took me three weeks to master that." He said. "Nearly chopped off my foot the first time I tried. My master made me move in slow motion the rest of the day."

16 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

"Couldn't be worse..." Alice replied, massaging her forehead. Her eye colors were still reversed "I need to get my mind off of things..."

The little girl stares at you with awe and a bit of fear.

"Change of plans." Namira's voice says. "We need to move now! Find somewhere to sit, and lock the door."

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Identify yourself." Simon says. 

The Limbo answers, "greetings, dear pepper! We come with pizza intent-". There is a very audible sigh, then the man's voice, "Johnsthsn, reset your vocabulary. " "indubidley, sir". The man stands by the console, addressing simone "Sorry about that. He still has a few kinks. My name is Maxim De Pere. And I am here to evaluate how the people on this planet have, developed.  Might I land?"

Just now, (XB1)chillichillman said:

The Limbo answers, "greetings, dear pepper! We come with pizza intent-". There is a very audible sigh, then the man's voice, "Johnsthsn, reset your vocabulary. " "indubidley, sir". The man stands by the console, addressing simone "Sorry about that. He still has a few kinks. My name is Maxim De Pere. And I am here to evaluate how the people on this planet have, developed.  Might I land?"

"For who are you doing this?" Simon asked. "On what authority?"