The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

3 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Baast, being quite amazed at such glaring lack of manners from a kavat that thinks of himself as of gentleman, nudged Fluffeles with her quite weighty side in return.

((Yeah Fluffles is a bit of a jerk. But he's fluffy so people let him get away with it.))

Fluffles scrambled to stay on the cushion and then stretched out. As his claws cleared the edge of the seat his back leg just "happened" to graze a button. The seat flipped, dumping Baast onto the floor. Fluffles insides his stretch as the seat corrects itself and then locks a claw, looking down as if to say "we could have done this the easy way."

7 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

(( whoops sorry))

*He ducks into the alcove, he then eyes over the Grinner, wtaching what he does, but ready to strike when needed* "Ugh, close.."

The Grineer sets down a mug. It appears he will be there a while. His back is to you and the door, but a dead body, or a missing one, would likely draw attention.

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

((Yeah Fluffles is a bit of a jerk. But he's fluffy so people let him get away with it.))

Fluffles scrambled to stay on the cushion and then stretched out. As his claws cleared the edge of the seat his back leg just "happened" to graze a button. The seat flipped, dumping Baast onto the floor. Fluffles insides his stretch as the seat corrects itself and then locks a claw, looking down as if to say "we could have done this the easy way."

While falling, the armored Kavat instinctively clanged onto the seat, shifting it's center of weight, and after about four seconds of this "mountain climbing" spectacle, making the seat itself hit the floor with both her and the nasty tomcat. A singular ring echoes through the hall, probably stealing others attention for a brief moment.

Edited by Teloch

16 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Upon closer inspection the rock still seems unremarkable. However a glimmer catches your eye from the underside. 

Got you!  Lydia snuck over to investigate.

14 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Even though he caught some snippets of information on grineer hacked neural implants, the conversation between two miraalaners made him think that it's better to keep the "plan b" until the situation will require it.

He turned to the hall, scanning who else was present. His gaze lingered from one person to another, From Melanie to Alan... wait. Seems like he didn't notice a new arrival. His arcane Thrak helmet unfolded again, so he could discard the idea that the helmet optics were playing tricks on him.

Pally? The coy saboteur from the second battalion's fourth platoon?

He approached both Alan and Damien with his typical tank-like gait.

"They say there is no rest for the wicked," he said and smiled lopsidedly. 

"They also say money doesn't grow on trees, but I know a place where the trees are worth quite the pretty penny."  Damien smiled as he shook the Rhino's hand.  "You look the same as ever."

14 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"I was a saint." Alan says, faking an angry glare at Damien. "And then this fellow came along. 'Sneak into the Orokin quarters.' 'There may be candy there'... my backside still has bruises from that debacle."

Damien chuckled at the mention of those antics.  "As I recall, it was you who snuck in, planted some candy, and came out with some more, just to convince me to go in after you."

Just now, Teloch said:

While falling, the armored Kavat instinctively clanged onto the seat, shifting it's center of weight, and after about four seconds of this "mountain climbing" spectacle making the seat itself hit the floor with both her and the nasty tomcat. A singular ring echoes through the hall, probably stealing others attention for a brief moment.

Fluffles yowls and runs over to felicity, pawing at her. She nudges him away. 

"Go play with that other Kavat, I'm busy." She says. 

Fluffles pads back over and presses another button. A small spray of water strikes Baast then splutters off. Fluffles, looking rather proud of himself presses it again. Nothing happens. 

He presses to several more times before backing away slowly from the now, probably angry, other Kavat.

1 minute ago, Yzjdriel said:

"They also say money doesn't grow on trees, but I know a place where the trees are worth quite the pretty penny."  Damien smiled as he shook the Rhino's hand.  "You look the same as ever."

Damien chuckled at the mention of those antics.  "As I recall, it was you who snuck in, planted some candy, and came out with some more, just to convince me to go in after you."

The underside of the rock is layered with mines. The cord seems to be carrying power to arm them. It seems the intent is to launch the rock, which will then sit dormant until a ship comes too close. 

2 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

Alan scratches his head.

"Was that it?" He says. "I could've sworn it was you. Well regardless, have you come to join the assault?"

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The underside of the rock is layered with mines. The cord seems to be carrying power to arm them. It seems the intent is to launch the rock, which will then sit dormant until a ship comes too close. 

Lydia took a picture of the rock and sent it to Ares.  If we're sending a fleet, we'll need to keep a lookout for these.  Couple of buggers like this would tear the Vengeance in half if we're not careful.  Still moving carefully, she made her way toward the generator room.

On 11/17/2016 at 2:09 PM, Rakawan said:

Alan scratches his head.

"Was that it?" He says. "I could've sworn it was you. Well regardless, have you come to join the assault?"

"Believe it or not, I actually came here to settle down into a nice quiet home," said Damien with a laugh.  "but it would seem I have one more battle to fight before then."

Edited by Yzjdriel

Just now, Yzjdriel said:

Lydia took a picture of the rock and sent it to Ares.  If we're sending a fleet, we'll need to keep a lookout for these.  Couple of buggers like this would tear the Vengeance in half if we're not careful.  Still moving carefully, she made her way toward the generator room.

The room is much the same, the Grineer who were inside have left. For the time being it is quiet.

The generator seems stable, and there are no sparking outlets or cords that would indicate an easily sabatoged system. 

12 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The Grineer sets down a mug. It appears he will be there a while. His back is to you and the door, but a dead body, or a missing one, would likely draw attention.

*He sighs, then looks around the spot he is in, for a way around, he carefully speeks to himself* "Can't get rid of him, too out in the open, see if I can find a way past him.."

Just now, -Platinum- said:

*He sighs, then looks around the spot he is in, for a way around, he carefully speeks to himself* "Can't get rid of him, too out in the open, see if I can find a way past him.."

There are several ways past him.

"We need that console." Ares says. "Think of something. If you have to kill him make it look like an accident. Or just lure him away."

He sounds remarkably calm for the situation. 

16 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"And here I was, almost starting to believe to Kali saying that I look like a broken and horrifically unkempt lonely father of four who's balancing on a verge of maniacally-depressive syndrome"

10 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"Believe it or not, I actually came her to settle down into a nice quiet home," said Damien with a laugh.  "but it would seem I have one more battle to fight before then."

"I think we will need to establish a club "for those who's over 1100" somewhere on this planet. Preferably at some scenic spot with a mountain view and golden fields" 

Edited by Teloch

5 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"Believe it or not, I actually came her to settle down into a nice quiet home," said Damien with a laugh.  "but it would seem I have one more battle to fight before then."

"Flee." Alan says. "Or take a vow of silence. Once these young whippersnappers learn who you are they won't let you retire."

1 minute ago, Teloch said:

"And here I was, almost starting to believe to Kali saying that I look like a depressed and horrifically unkempt lonely father of four who's balancing on a verge of maniacally-depressive syndrome"

"I think we will need to establish a club "for those who's over 1100" somewhere on this planet. Preferably at some scenic spot with a mountain view and golden fields" 

"1100." Alan muses. "I suppose it will get suspicious when I celebrate my 999th birthday for the third year in a row."

24 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

No one else disturbs you till the boy brings the suit back.

"Johnathan, this waiting is bugging me.  Lets go see what they are doing."  Johnathan tipped his ha, then set it back on his head, the energy lines glowing.  "Would this be your investigation of the psychics?  Or a humble question?"  "Just a question.  If we so happen to learn of the psychics, then so be it."  Max wrapped his arm through Johnathan's and then together they stepped through the rift, making a small jump to the village.  Despite Johnathan's pristine calculations to land them just outside of it, they land in the center of it.  Max groans softly, then they begin to walk.  "Johnathan, the most social area."  "Indubitably, sir."

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

"I want to study you." Darrin says coldly. "You are a fascinating specimen."

Sai'ah lays down her weapons.

"Please." She says. "I want her gone too. But I need her knowledge."

"Listen to yourselves, finding knowledge more important..." Alice sighed, retracting her hand from the axe handle.

"But I trust my friend."

3 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

"Johnathan, this waiting is bugging me.  Lets go see what they are doing."  Johnathan tipped his ha, then set it back on his head, the energy lines glowing.  "Would this be your investigation of the psychics?  Or a humble question?"  "Just a question.  If we so happen to learn of the psychics, then so be it."  Max wrapped his arm through Johnathan's and then together they stepped through the rift, making a small jump to the village.  Despite Johnathan's pristine calculations to land them just outside of it, they land in the center of it.  Max groans softly, then they begin to walk.  "Johnathan, the most social area."  "Indubitably, sir."

Tenno are moving around like bees from an upset hive. Several are carrying weapons and others seem to be making new purchases or heading to the firing range to test said purchases. There is an air of excitement.

Edited by Rakawan

Just now, Rakawan said:

Tenno are moving around like bees with an upset hive. Several are carrying weapons and others seem to be making new purchases or heading to the firing range to test said purchases. There is an air of excitement.

Max tenses his ears to try to cut back on the noise.  "Excuse me, but what is making all of you so, busy?"  (busy enough not to notice a rift bubble being blown open in the middle of town) he thought.