The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

9 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

There are several ways past him.

"We need that console." Ares says. "Think of something. If you have to kill him make it look like an accident. Or just lure him away."

He sounds remarkably calm for the situation. 

*He nods, he walks a few feet away from him, in the alcove, he looks for any turrets near by or ways, he can manipulate them* "Lets see.."

2 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"Listen to yourselves, finding knowledge more important..." Alice sighed, retracting her hand from the axe handle.

"But I trust my friend."

Darrin simply nods. 

"When this is over." He says. "You will be caged, or dead, monster."

Nemesis does not relax. Namira motions for the others to fall back.

"If what she says is true," You hear in your mind. "Then we will have need of you, further. Go to the Tenno village. They are preparing for the assault there. And thank you."

2 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

Max tenses his ears to try to cut back on the noise.  "Excuse me, but what is making all of you so, busy?"  (busy enough not to notice a rift bubble being blown open in the middle of town) he thought.

"Didn't you hear?" A Nezha says, grabbing your shoulders. "The Kween is dead. We found their home." 

He whoops and hollers and runs off.

5 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He nods, he walks a few feet away from him, in the alcove, he looks for any turrets near by or ways, he can manipulate them* "Lets see.."

((Think stealthy. I won't hand you solutions, you gotta figure out clever and silent ways to get past things.))

It occurs to you that a turret would be too noisy. However there  is a cable that is sparking on the ground beside the Grineer. 

Edited by Rakawan

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

((Think stealthy. I won't hand you solutions, you gotta figure out clever and silent ways to get past things.))

It occurs to you that a turret would be too noisy. However there  is a cable that is sparking on the ground beside the Grineer. 

(( will do))

*Perks a brow, he follows the cable from the grinner, to see where it leads* "Humm.."

Just now, Rakawan said:

"Didn't you hear?" A Nezha says, grabbing your shoulders. "The Kween is dead. We found their home." 

He whoops and hollers and runs off.

(Kween?)  It struck him, the Grineer Queens.  One of them had gone off and died.  All of these tenno, so eager to raid the queens fortress.  Max smiled to himself (Maybe it's time to make a trade.)  "Johnathan, did you happen to bring the mod packs?"  John takes off his hat and rummages through it, ten sets it back on.  "No sir."  "Ah well.  I've never been much of a street vendor."  Max let go of Johnathan, walking on his lonesome, his stick tapping in front of him.  He listens for anything that would lead him to more information on the wraiths or the psychics, both with his ears, and his mind.  Of course, the most obvious sign of a psychic: him 'seeing' something.

1 minute ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

(Kween?)  It struck him, the Grineer Queens.  One of them had gone off and died.  All of these tenno, so eager to raid the queens fortress.  Max smiled to himself (Maybe it's time to make a trade.)  "Johnathan, did you happen to bring the mod packs?"  John takes off his hat and rummages through it, ten sets it back on.  "No sir."  "Ah well.  I've never been much of a street vendor."  Max let go of Johnathan, walking on his lonesome, his stick tapping in front of him.  He listens for anything that would lead him to more information on the wraiths or the psychics, both with his ears, and his mind.  Of course, the most obvious sign of a psychic: him 'seeing' something.

The Tenno seem to preoccupied with their own affairs to pay ou much heed.

"I want to go with you."

"You are with child and any void exposure could...." 

"I can control it. Even my sister is going and she IS a child."

"She's also a mind reader and possessed."

"I am going. That is final."

18 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Section two is life support regulation." He says. "We can cut it from there, but you would only have a few minutes to clear the rubble."

"OK on my mark"

"Everyone hold on to something we're shutting down all systems including gravity and life support get ready to clear the rubble we'll  only have about 5 minutes"

* he walks over wraps the cloth of his robe around his hand and then puts that over the sparking conduit

"Mark!" He yells

Just now, (XB1)Vatasblubber said:

"OK on my mark"

"Everyone hold on to something we're shutting down all systems including gravity and life support get ready to clear the rubble we'll  only have about 5 minutes"

* he walks over wraps the cloth of his robe around his hand and then puts that over the sparking conduit

"Mark!" He yells

The power shuts off and emergency lights flicker on. The air stops moving and begins to feel stagnant.

The workers move the rubble with fervor.

Four minutes to go.

The rubble beginsto look smaller. You can see where the punctured part is but cannot reach it.

Three minutes.

The obstruction is now within reach. I looks like a floor panel splinteredand cut it i the cable, dissipating the charge into the floor tiles. Probably overcharged the gravity system, making the rubble harder to move.

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

The Tenno seem to preoccupied with their own affairs to pay ou much heed.

"I want to go with you."

"You are with child and any void exposure could...." 

"I can control it. Even my sister is going and she IS a child."

"She's also a mind reader and possessed."

"I am going. That is final."

(Mind reader?)  Max let those voices bore into his mind, so he would not forget.  He also chuckled at everyone's eagerness to go back to the old fortress, but it was to be expected.  The origin system did get rather dull, even to him.  He decided to move closer to the two voices, clearly the two know each other well.  He 'accidentally' collided with one of them, letting his stick fall from his hand.  "Sorry about that, everyone's just in a bit of a hustle.  Uh, I seem to have dropped my cane."  He knew how to delay a departure, but he was hoping he wouldn't have to try too much to delay these two.

22 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Darrin simply nods. 

"When this is over." He says. "You will be caged, or dead, monster."

Nemesis does not relax. Namira motions for the others to fall back.

"If what she says is true," You hear in your mind. "Then we will have need of you, further. Go to the Tenno village. They are preparing for the assault there. And thank you."

"I'm not sure there's anything to thank me for..." Alice thought.

Edited by Denny2669

40 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"1100." Alan muses. "I suppose it will get suspicious when I celebrate my 999th birthday for the third year in a row."

During the course of this half-comic and half-melancholic conversation of the three people who greatly overlived their natural lifespan, Teloch's HUD beeped for four times. Three times he glanced at it, giving little importance to the notifications, for the fourth time, however, he snapped out from this "good ole daddio" facade and regained his natural stoically-serious facial expression. Damien and Alan would definitely feel an invisible, momentary spark of energy, which they might have forgotten by now - the signal of a Madurai sage "igniting" nearby on a reflex level.

"If anyone asks, I'll be back soon. If it's something crucial, then they should contact me via comms" he said to the veterans with his gruff baritone. Then, he waved at Baast, who was licking her paws from the water drops. Being unimpressed by the rather foul cavalier, she followed her retreating master. Her tail swayed in a rhythm to her master's Uru prime syandana's glowing tip.

Edited by Teloch

7 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

(Mind reader?)  Max let those voices bore into his mind, so he would not forget.  He also chuckled at everyone's eagerness to go back to the old fortress, but it was to be expected.  The origin system did get rather dull, even to him.  He decided to move closer to the two voices, clearly the two know each other well.  He 'accidentally' collided with one of them, letting his stick fall from his hand.  "Sorry about that, everyone's just in a bit of a hustle.  Uh, I seem to have dropped my cane."  He knew how to delay a departure, but he was hoping he wouldn't have to try too much to delay these two.

"Why don't you grab it for him dear." The man says.

"Of course, husband..."

Before she finishes speaking you feel yourself lifted off the ground.

"Jas!"

"Hidden blade." The man says. "Inside the cane."

You hear the soft sound of the blade sliding out an inch. 

"Explain." The Tenno holding you says. 

7 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*Perks a brow, then looks back to the cable to see how close the ginner is to it* "I wonder..."

It is very close. Upon closer inspection it seems it has been cut and placed suspiciously close to the Grineer. One step to the side and he would be fried.

Just now, Rakawan said:

"Why don't you grab it for him dear." The man says.

"Of course, husband..."

Before she finishes speaking you feel yourself lifted off the ground.

"Jas!"

"Hidden blade." The man says. "Inside the cane."

You hear the soft sound of the blade sliding out an inch. 

"Explain." The Tenno holding you says. 

Max just smiles, resisting the urge to reveal himself.  Well, any more than he already has.  "What?  A blind man can't have the means to defend himself?  My, my, Jas.  Got a problem against the handicapped?"  Johnathan started to run up to the duo, his hat off his head, his hand inside it.  Max slightly holds up a hand, and John stops, and replaces his hat.  Instead, he prepares to banish Max.

8 minutes ago, Teloch said:

During the course of this half-comic and half-melancholic conversation of the three people who greatly overlived their natural lifespan, Teloch's HUD beeped for four times. Three times he glanced at it, giving little importance to the notifications, for the fourth time, however, he snapped out from this "good ole daddio" facade and regained his natural stoically-serious facial expression. Damien and Alan would definitely feel an invisible, momentary spark of energy, which they might have forgotten by now - the signal of a Madurai sage "igniting" nearby on a reflex level.

"If anyone asks, I'll be back soon. If it's something crucial, then they should contact me via comms" he said to the veterans with his gruff baritone. Then, he waved at Baast, who was licking her paws from the water drops. Being unimpressed by the rather foul cavalier, she followed her retreating master. Her tail swayed in a rhythm to her master's Uru prime syandana's glowing tip.

Fluffles padded over to the water spout and looked at it, then batted the button. A blast of water drenched him and he yowled in both frustration and surprise.

13 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The power shuts off and emergency lights flicker on. The air stops moving and begins to feel stagnant.

The workers move the rubble with fervor.

Four minutes to go.

The rubble beginsto look smaller. You can see where the punctured part is but cannot reach it.

Three minutes.

The obstruction is now within reach. I looks like a floor panel splinteredand cut it i the cable, dissipating the charge into the floor tiles. Probably overcharged the gravity system, making the rubble harder to move.

*he rips his robe and gives the piece to a nearby worker 

"Wrap this around your hand and hold the end of the cable"

*He hands of the cable to the worker and pushes off toward the panel

1 minute ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

Max just smiles, resisting the urge to reveal himself.  Well, any more than he already has.  "What?  A blind man can't have the means to defend himself?  My, my, Jas.  Got a problem against the handicapped?"  Johnathan started to run up to the duo, his hat off his head, his hand inside it.  Max slightly holds up a hand, and John stops, and replaces his hat.  Instead, he prepares to banish Max.

"I fought the Grineer in the forests of Earth for twenty years, back when I was still Human." Jas says. "I know a liar when I hear one, and a fighter when I see one. You are not handicapped."

The woman leans the stick against the wall. A large, semi-infested blade grazes Jonathan's back. To the standard observer this new being would seem almost human, albeit clad in scaled warframe-like armor. But to Max it would feel ancient, and seem to be made of hundreds of skittering THINGS.

"I would speak quickly." A voice says in his mind. "My brother-in-law is not known for his patience. Particularly when armed men approach his wife."

7 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

Alice sighed, not really caring where Rip went. Though, she could use some company right about now "Rip? Where are ya?"

Your eyes open and you see him sitting here. 

He looks pale.

"Here." He says weakly, his voice hoarse. "That was... was...."

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Vatasblubber said:

*he rips his robe and gives the piece to a nearby worker 

"Wrap this around your hand and hold the end of the cable"

*He hands of the cable to the worker and pushes off toward the panel

Two minutes.

You reach the panel. It seems wedged against the wall and the floor, the edge biting into the cable.