The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

1 hour ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

Johnathan leads Max to the Inn.  Max walks in first, Johnathan leading him to the main desk.  "I'm here conducting studies on the co-harmony of the people.  Is there any one here who I can have a sit down with, preferably someone who's been here a while?"

Sven scratches his chin.

"Well Jas has been here from the start." He says. "Melanie was but she is on the Council so she wouldn't have time. Let me think..."

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Sven scratches his chin.

"Well Jas has been here from the start." He says. "Melanie was but she is on the Council so she wouldn't have time. Let me think..."

"I'm pretty certain the next time Jas sees me he'll send me to the infirmary.  You wouldn't happen to live here, would you?"  Max taps his cane on the floor, doing minor resonance scans of the building.  Not as detailed as pounding a desk, but far more discrete. (Why did he separate the name Sai'ah from Tenno?  Why not just say humans?) 

8 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"You know you don't have to go." He says. "You could stay here. Wrap up in a blanket, have some cocoa, butcher some fluffles."

"Maybe I should, once in a while..." Alice thought a bit "Were I not in this state, I would've already thrown myself into a slaughter fest. That wouldn't be good for my health... I should probably do sane stuff while I actually am sane..."

3 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

"Maybe I should, once in a while..." Alice thought a bit "Were I not in this state, I would've already thrown myself into a slaughter fest. That wouldn't be good for my health... I should probably do sane stuff while I actually am sane..."

Rip hands you a warm mug of cocoa.

"No time like the present." He says. 

3 hours ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

"I'm pretty certain the next time Jas sees me he'll send me to the infirmary.  You wouldn't happen to live here, would you?"  Max taps his cane on the floor, doing minor resonance scans of the building.  Not as detailed as pounding a desk, but far more discrete. (Why did he separate the name Sai'ah from Tenno?  Why not just say humans?) 

The scan halts abruptly upon reaching the ceiling, although you know the building has two floors.

"Yes I do." Seven says."Just had some noise canceling insulation installed. Helps keep the noise from parties down."

He laughs.

"If you've angered him that much I'd recommend staying away from Tenno in general." He says. "Well, except for the Elder Tenno and Council."

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The scan halts abruptly upon reaching the ceiling, although you know the building has two floors.

"Yes I do." Seven says."Just had some noise canceling insulation installed. Helps keep the noise from parties down."

He laughs.

"If you've angered him that much I'd recommend staying away from Tenno in general." He says. "Well, except for the Elder Tenno and Council."

Max smiles.  "Nah.  I always meant to break my record of two months without hospitalization.  Then I can brag about something."  Max stopped tapping, then diverted a part of his mind to listening for any shifts in the ceiling, mainly just trying to see if anyone was home.  "So tell me, how is the harmony here, between human and Tenno?  Do people have parties, group game nights, things like that?"

12 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

Max smiles.  "Nah.  I always meant to break my record of two months without hospitalization.  Then I can brag about something."  Max stopped tapping, then diverted a part of his mind to listening for any shifts in the ceiling, mainly just trying to see if anyone was home.  "So tell me, how is the harmony here, between human and Tenno?  Do people have parties, group game nights, things like that?"

"The school occasionally has field trips to the village." He says. "Folks get along as well as they can. Nobody is the best of friends, but few are truly at eachother's throats."

3 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"Well done." Ares says. You hear music in the background. "I have a new task, see if you can locate the Imperial safe rooms."

Lydia paused when she heard the music and listened to it.  "Ares," she said slowly, "are you in a bar?"

Shaking her head and smiling, she headed off in the direction of a door she hadn't been through yet.

7 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"The school occasionally has field trips to the village." He says. "Folks get along as well as they can. Nobody is the best of friends, but few are truly at eachother's throats."

"Earlier, in the bar, you said a name.  Sai'ah.  Who is Sai'ah?"  Johnathan has busied himself with staring at the ceiling, head tilted slightly ((Dojo head glitch)).

4 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

Lydia paused when she heard the music and listened to it.  "Ares," she said slowly, "are you in a bar?"

Shaking her head and smiling, she headed off in the direction of a door she hadn't been through yet.

"My location is classified." Ares says. "Focus on your own task."

The door leads to a security room. Perhaps the console has a map, if you can unlock it. It looks like the same system used in the rooms found during sorties.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

"Earlier, in the bar, you said a name.  Sai'ah.  Who is Sai'ah?"  Johnathan has busied himself with staring at the ceiling, head tilted slightly ((Dojo head glitch)).

"One of the new Tenno." He says. "She's... different."

1 hour ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

"In what way?  And I think Johnathan's neck is broken.  I heard it click."  Johnathan reached up and righted his head.  "I don't know what you're talking about, sir.  Everything is in perfectly mint condition."

"In a way that's her business." He says. "I'm a barkeep, not a mechanic. And not a gossip."

Edited by Rakawan

14 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"In a way that's her business." He says. "I'm a barkeep, not a mechanic. And not a gossip."

"Fair enough.  I think I've heard everything I need right now.  Might pay you another visit."  Max turned, and walked out, his cane tapping softly in front of him.  He made his way back to the hotel, and changed into a think athletic shirt and shorts.  He went down to the gym, leaving his glasses behind, and just ran on the treadmill.  He let his heart pound in his ears, trying to block out everything that was irritating him.  Which was mainly the wraiths, taking his cubes, and mocking him.  (But hey, bright side:  Sai'ah.  Could be that telepath.  If so, we now know where she lives.)  He didn't know if it irritated him or amused him that he kept talking to himself.  This was a recent occurrence, a further decay to his insanity.

10 hours ago, -Platinum- said:

*He Scoffs* "And if it was?, what then, just cast her out?" *He sighs and shakes his head, he grabs out his Ratka Dark Dagger, the red finishe, seems to be a orokin gold, he plays with the tip on his finger, before putting it back* "So, who's the target?"

"The Kween." Dirge says. "The now sold remaining royal leader of the Grineer."

7 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Rip hands you a warm mug of cocoa.

"No time like the present." He says. 

"Yeah, I guess." Alice took a sip from the cocoa. Her left red eye seemed to be slowly changing color.

"Thanks." she said in a small voice.

Edited by Denny2669

6 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

"Yeah, I guess." Alice took a sip from the cocoa. Her left red eye seemed to be slowly changing color.

"Thanks." she said in a small voice.

Rip puts a warm blanket around your shoulders. 

"You may be more comfortable outside the frame." He says. "But it is your choice."

He takes a cup of cocoa and sits across from you. When he isn't shaking like a child, or murdering people he actually looks like an adult. 

"Tell me about it." He says. 

4 hours ago, -Platinum- said:

*He perks a brow* "The Queens? The Grinner Queens, How can you be so sure?"

"A Tenno, the Awakened, infiltrated their fortress and killed one." Dirge says. "They revealed the location of the base and no ships have been detected leaving it. We have infiltrators working to confirm her location now."

Holly sighs as she watches Archons load up with gear. Oh to be one of those gleaming warriors. Or even tenno. Anything was better than sitting here stuck with guard duty. 

A hand fell on her shoulder.

"Youa re restless, my child." Teshin says. 

"I want to bring to fight to our enemies." Holly says. 

"It is not our place." The elderly Dax says. "We are the protectors, the guardians. We are not assassins."

Holly fingers the Orvius on her back. 

"Still feels cheap to stay here." She says.

"With us here the Tenno can focus their full light on the Kweens." Teshin says. "They are better equipped for this fight."

"Will they ever trust you?" Holly asks. "Trust us?"

Teshin looked out over the city.

"In time, child." He says. "We can begin to mend that bridge by guarding their homes and families while they bring an end to this."

Edited by Rakawan

18 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Melanie messages Teloch.

"More allies have arrived." She says. "We are almost ready to begin assigning roles."

"On my way" Teloch replied and re-entered the hall shortly, approaching the hologram and Darrin

14 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Rip puts a warm blanket around your shoulders. 

"You may be more comfortable outside the frame." He says. "But it is your choice."

He takes a cup of cocoa and sits across from you. When he isn't shaking like a child, or murdering people he actually looks like an adult. 

"Tell me about it." He says. 

Alice nodded. She knew she had to take the frame off eventually, and since she's covered by a warm blanket right now, she doesn't need clothes. She dematerialized her frame, leaving only her underwear, covered by the blanket.

She sipped her cocoa again, before addressing Rip's question "About why I'm... y'know?"

37 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"A Tenno, the Awakened, infiltrated their fortress and killed one." Dirge says. "They revealed the location of the base and no ships have been detected leaving it. We have infiltrators working to confirm her location now."

*He shurgs* "If I may, can I have more intel?, I don't like assassinating someone if i do not kown, cuz I did read some intel on the Queens, one elder one, Orokin and a little..girl.."

12 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

Alice nodded. She knew she had to take the frame off eventually, and since she's covered by a warm blanket right now, she doesn't need clothes. She dematerialized her frame, leaving only her underwear, covered by the blanket.

She sipped her cocoa again, before addressing Rip's question "About why I'm... y'know?"

"Looking more like tired prey than a vibrant hunter?" Rip asks. "I'll admit to a polite curiosity."

23 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"On my way" Teloch replied and re-entered the hall shortly, approaching the hologram and Darrin

On 11/20/2016 at 1:18 AM, OrlockCedar said:

"We have any Intel on how the guns work? Might help out a bit when I get inside." Doren assumes he may have to infiltrate alone by the response of the Frost. 

"Generals." Darrin says. "Good everyone is here."

He pulls up an image of the Kuva Fortress.

"We have the intel." He says. "We have the fleets. What we must decide now is the course of action."

Melanie steps forward.

"The Grineer are a plague on the Origin system." She says. Kal shifts, but says nothing. "But they are dangerous. What we need to decide is if we are willing to take this next step. To truly commit, whatever the cost. If we fail, they will come here for revenge. Are we prepared to accept that?"