The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

8 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"I look forward to freeing the noble Grineer from the tyranny of the Kweens." He says. "The Empire should be built on honor and brotherhood, not corruption and deceit."

Even though he had strong opinions on the monarchy as a form of rule and empires as states specifically, he did not make it known, not as long as the tactical goals of this party coincided with theirs.

"We would need to channel the distemper of the upcoming interregnum in strict borders of constructivist rules. Power vacuum never stays for long, and such a gap would be a fitting opportunity to pacify the wavering grineer over the system via positive discourse"

Edited by Teloch

Darrin finishes a calculation.

"The Dino's in orbit will remain here." He says. "They will power the planetary shield and be our first line of defense.

He motions to the star map.

"The Fortress arrived at its destination outside Sedna." He says. "Communications indicate the Kween is attempting to gather a large fleet, but or resistance cells are making coordination difficult for her."

He gestures to a holograph do the fleet.

"The Interitus will take the lead." He says. "It will provide shield cover for the Leviathin and Odin."

He contineus.

"Our infiltrators are placing charges to bring down the power and engines. Once they do our ships will move in. The heavy ships will deal with the ships standing guard while the first assault team turns the big guns on the enemy or destroys them."

He gestures to another set of craft.

"A small squad of archwings and landing craft will approach from the side and go directly for the Kween." He says. "We will land more operatives once the defenses are down. Our fleet will then engage the enemy ships and hold them off as long as they can. Secondary teams will go for intel and other vital objectives."

He looks over the assembled.

"General Doren, you and I will lead the first assault wave to sabatoge the guns. Ryoko and Teloch will lead the hunting party. Kal your forces will aid the fighters in dealing with enemy spacecraft."

On 11/20/2016 at 0:40 AM, Blood_Strider said:

The Loki giggled again, beginning to toy with the braid at the end of his horn once again as he sighed, capping off the outburst of amusement,

"To fix my ship, presumably... But... It's fine, a good reminder; it's important to remember our past, wouldn't you say..?" He remarked listlessly to the air, tilting his head back as he continued on through the village, wandering aimlessly; his gait taking him left... then right, then left again through the center of the town.

"...Speaking of... pasts, what's yours? You with a clan? What is... the most daring mission you've gone on?" He asked, adding a particular emphasis on 'daring', that was followed by, an almost idle, static-infused, bubbly laughter...

"I have a clan but... it's basically me and the statues at this point so I came here. Most daring mission..." he scratches his head "I'm not much for missions but before my warframe got blown up I was on the team that killed Vay Hek. As far as my past I've been helping an old orokin friend fix up warframes and make new ones for the longest time I honestly can't remember what happened before." 

8 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

Alice just nodded silently, not really having anything to comment on. She sipped her cocoa again, bringing her gaze up Rip again.

He is gazing to the side as if remembering old pain.

"I came here for a new life." He says. "Found someone to take us in. Should have known I couldn't trust them. Tossed us out the moment the cult came knocking."

He looks back at you with his blue eyes, his gaze empathetic.

"Your eyes." He says. "They are really quite amazing."

6 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Even though he had strong opinions on the monarchy as a form of rule and empires as states specifically, he did not make it known, not as long as the tactical goals of this party coincided with theirs.

"We would need to channel the distemper of the upcoming interregnum in strict borders of constructivist rules. Power vacuum never stays for long, and such a gap would be a fitting opportunity to pacify the wavering grineer over the system via positive discourse"

"I demand the right to be allowed to take the Kween's head!" Karl says turning to face Darrin. "That witch has poisoned the empire long enough. My brethren."

He drew a Keshag and planted it by his feet.

"I challenge you for leadsership of this fleet." He bellows.

"I accept." Darrin says simply.

Kal readies himself. He has only a second to sink into a ready stance before...

A Jat Kittage sweeps his feet out from under him and then thuds down next to his head.

"You have failed." Darrin says. "Your challenge is null."

13 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

When Max was done, he moved back to his hotel room. He didn't bother with a shower, but did slip back into his partial suit. He sat at the desk, looking at the camera. "Johnathan, you have the location of Kira's house remembered good?"  "Indubitably, sir."  Max nodded, then poored a glass of scotch. He set it aside, then wrote a sign, being sure to make it legibal: Wraiths Only: he smiled, and then stood up. "Lets go see if she will take us in for a while."  He grabbed John's arm, and rift jumped to a ways from Kira's house, then walked there. If nothing disturbed their journey, then Kira would hear a knocking on her door.

The village appears near deserted.

Kira answers the door.

20 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"Understood."

"Where's Nox when you need them," she added under her breath before moving off toward the other generators.

"Fleet is mobilizing." Ares says. "Move quickly."

The first two generators are easily primed. The last however has two Kuva Guardians outside and no vents.

Edited by Rakawan

14 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He looks over to Sam, then frowns* "This b1tch is going..down...."

Dirge pulls up a schwmatic of the base. 

"Officially there is one hunting party." He says. "Unofficially we are going in as well. Intel has located a safe-room. It's our job to reach it and ensure the Kween does not make it inside."

6 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

He is gazing to the side as if remembering old pain.

"I came here for a new life." He says. "Found someone to take us in. Should have known I couldn't trust them. Tossed us out the moment the cult came knocking."

He looks back at you with his blue eyes, his gaze empathetic.

"Your eyes." He says. "They are really quite amazing."

Alice chuckled, her eyes turning more purple again, and you could swear you saw her blush for a split second, before she hid the lower part of her face in the mug "Thanks. It's a... psychic matter of mine. They change color depending on my mental state."

Just now, Denny2669 said:

Alice chuckled, her eyes turning more purple again, and you could swear you saw her blush for a split second, before she hid the lower part of her face in the mug "Thanks. It's a... psychic matter of mine. They change color depending on my mental state."

Rip smiles.

"So like a mood ring." He says. "I wish I could do that."

He pauses, then looks sheepish.

"Might I..." he starts. "That is... what does your mindscape look like?"

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Dirge pulls up a schwmatic of the base. 

"Officially there is one hunting party." He says. "Unofficially we are going in as well. Intel has located a safe-room. It's our job to reach it and ensure the Kween does not make it inside."

*He perks a brow* "How dependable is the safe room, can;'t in be destroyed?"

Just now, -Platinum- said:

*He perks a brow* "How dependable is the safe room, can;'t in be destroyed?"

"It is in the center of the fortress." Dirge says. "Bombardment is not an option. But schematics shownthat the walls would resist most explosives. If she gets inside we may not be able to get her out.

"No, not just my mood, my mental state. It's... hard to explain..." Alice replied, the next question catching her a bit off guard. Now Rip could definitely see the slight blush, though it was hard to tell if it wasn't just the hot cocoa "I... uh... not sure. Sai was too polite to enter my head. At other times I'd let you in, but right now..." she looked away, avoiding his gaze again.

11 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The village appears near deserted.

Kira answers the door.

"Hey.  Pretty sure that the Wraiths are spying on me, and it is getting on my nerves.  I was hoping that you would house me for a bit, until they get off my back or I leave, which ever's shortest."  Max smiled, for once it actually held some emotion other than amusement.  "And I suppose I could, open up a bit more.  You did, after all, keep my neck in one piece for me."

Just now, Denny2669 said:

"No, not just my mood, my mental state. It's... hard to explain..." Alice replied, the next question catching her a bit off guard. Now Rip could definitely see the slight blush, though it was hard to tell if it wasn't just the hot cocoa "I... uh... not sure. Sai was too polite to enter my head. At other times I'd let you in, but right now..." she looked away, avoiding his gaze again.

"You want a chance to 'clean your room' first." He says. "Don't want to have quests over when everything is a mess."

A small hand tugs at the blanket to get your attention.

"Draw?" Marie asks.

"You're supposed to be in bed, napping." Rip admonishes.

"Couldn't sleep." Marie pouts.

"Dod you try or just lay awake thinking up excuses, little mosquito?" He asks.

"Tried."she insists, pouring more. "I want to draw pictures."

Just now, (XB1)chillichillman said:

"Hey.  Pretty sure that the Wraiths are spying on me, and it is getting on my nerves.  I was hoping that you would house me for a bit, until they get off my back or I leave, which ever's shortest."  Max smiled, for once it actually held some emotion other than amusement.  "And I suppose I could, open up a bit more.  You did, after all, keep my neck in one piece for me."

"My home isn't exactly built for two." She says. "You are a guest, but still a stranger."

She motions to the one next door.

"That one is empty." She says. "But if you are loooking to escape the eye of the Wraiths' you might want to find a new solar system."

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"My home isn't exactly built for two." She says. "You are a guest, but still a stranger."

She motions to the one next door.

"That one is empty." She says. "But if you are loooking to escape the eye of the Wraiths' you might want to find a new solar system."

"I'm starting to wonder if everyone is just pulling a massive prank on me, or if they are serious about these Wraiths."  Johnathan turned and walked into the rift, heading back to the hotel to gather his things.  Max turns to go to the next house to learn the layout, but stops and doubles over, clutching his lungs.  He pounds his ribcage, and then coughs up a bit of silver liquid.  He spits what didn't land on his hand onto the ground.  "Actually, I think I need some water first.  Or some more tea.  Something for my throat."

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

- snip -

Alice smiled, picking something from under her blanket. She rematerialized her Warframe's pockets, giving her a case of colorful crayons "Here, go nuts. You can draw anywhere you want."
She then looked back at Rip "I'll try. Maybe it's a good thing I'm purple eyed right now..."

Captain Sven stood on the bridge of the Longsword.

"Fire silos one through three." He ordered.

The Gorgon shaped cruiser gliding through the depths of the Uranus sea opened the tubes and a flurry of missiles leapt to the surface, flying up into the air to strike the underbelly of a Galleon.

The massive craft buckled and fell to the side. 

"Galleon down, sir." Matthew said. "Two more have joined the i ting party."

Ten Galleons trailed out behind and above the sub, dropping depth charges into the water.

"Keep them on us." He says. "Ro'gut, anytime would be helpful."

The Grineer captain nodded over the comms and a white Galleon lifted from the water behind the other ships. It's canons opened fire, drawing attneuton away from the sub. 

"Remember." Sven said. "Keep their attention on us, and keep those towers jammed. The main fleet needs time to get the Kweens."

2 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

Alice smiled, picking something from under her blanket. She rematerialized her Warframe's pockets, giving her a case of colorful crayons "Here, go nuts. You can draw anywhere you want."
She then looked back at Rip "I'll try. Maybe it's a good thing I'm purple eyed right now..."

The child presses a crayon into your hand and scoots up to sit next to you, sliding you paper.

"Draw." She orders, in the adorable way children try to get adults to do things.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

"I'm starting to wonder if everyone is just pulling a massive prank on me, or if they are serious about these Wraiths."  Johnathan turned and walked into the rift, heading back to the hotel to gather his things.  Max turns to go to the next house to learn the layout, but stops and doubles over, clutching his lungs.  He pounds his ribcage, and then coughs up a bit of silver liquid.  He spits what didn't land on his hand onto the ground.  "Actually, I think I need some water first.  Or some more tea.  Something for my throat."

Kira returns to her hut and then brings out a bottle of water. 

"Here." She says. "And yes, everyone is serious about them. Though we'll all breath easier when they get off world and go back to hunting things. Guard duty does not agree with them."

Jonatonnwould find the note replaced with one saying.

"You first, the village can be a thirsty place."

Edited by Rakawan

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

The child presses a crayon into your hand and scoots up to sit next to you, sliding you paper.

"Draw." She orders, in the adorable way children try to get adults to do things.

Alice didn't really get the girls motive, but complied nevertheless. She tried drawing a chicken.

1 minute ago, Denny2669 said:

Alice didn't really get the girls motive, but complied nevertheless. She tried drawing a chicken.

"That's not a good Fluffle." Marie says. "You and at drawing".

"Marie!" Rip snaps. "Apologize."

"Sorry you had at drawing." Marie says. 

"Marie..." Rip says again. 

The child sighs. 

"Sorry I said you bad." She says.

Rip looks at the drawing.

"What?" He asks. "What is that?"

Just now, Rakawan said:

Kira returns to her hut and then brings out a bottle of water. 

"Here." She says. "And yes, everyone is serious about them. Though we'll all breath easier when they get off world and go back to hunting things. Guard duty does not agree with them."

Max sips the water slowly, his breathing still slightly heavy.  "Well, they did happen to pull a little prank on me."  He held out his hand to her, the silver liquid still on it.  "If you ever need some gallium, just call me over.  I'll be sure to hack some up for ya."  He smiled, a strained chuckle following it.  He leaned against the wall of the hut, still drinking the water.

24 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"It is in the center of the fortress." Dirge says. "Bombardment is not an option. But schematics shownthat the walls would resist most explosives. If she gets inside we may not be able to get her out.

*He perks a brow* "Humm, so keep her out of that room, got it, what else do we kown, Turrets?, Sericiity?, extra forces?, Any Grinner power disputes?"