The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

3 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He perks a brow* "Humm, so keep her out of that room, got it, what else do we kown, Turrets?, Sericiity?, extra forces?, Any Grinner power disputes?"

"Base is equipped with turrets and  scanners." Dirge says. "There are reports of heavy Grineer with Kohm and other weapons."

16 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

Max sips the water slowly, his breathing still slightly heavy.  "Well, they did happen to pull a little prank on me."  He held out his hand to her, the silver liquid still on it.  "If you ever need some gallium, just call me over.  I'll be sure to hack some up for ya."  He smiled, a strained chuckle following it.  He leaned against the wall of the hut, still drinking the water.

Kira smiles.

"That does not seem healthy." She says.

15 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"That's not a good Fluffle." Marie says. "You and at drawing".

"Marie!" Rip snaps. "Apologize."

"Sorry you had at drawing." Marie says. 

"Marie..." Rip says again. 

The child sighs. 

"Sorry I said you bad." She says.

Rip looks at the drawing.

"What?" He asks. "What is that?"

"It's a chicken. You know, one of the most popular animal sacrifices? Thought it's better than drawing a goat." Alice explained, not really offended. She's actually pretty good at drawing, a skill that came with the glyphs she draws everywhere. Though she's more profficient with spray cans and her daggers.

1 minute ago, Denny2669 said:

"It's a chicken. You know, one of the most popular animal sacrifices? Thought it's better than drawing a goat." Alice explained, not really offended. She's actually pretty good at drawing, a skill that came with the glyphs she draws everywhere. Though she's more profficient with spray cans and her daggers.

"A chicken?" Rip asks. "Are the canvores?"

It seems he had little experience with animals beyond their use as food.

Luc checked his armor and looked at the weapons before him.

The Zaeed was useful. More precise than his Grattler, but it lacked the ooomf and shock factor. 

The Twin Kittag was the most versatile, but the polearm version was better for engagin multiple targets. 

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

"Fleet is mobilizing." Ares says. "Move quickly."

The first two generators are easily primed. The last however has two Kuva Guardians outside and no vents.

Sneaking up to one side of the door, she cast Metamorphosis, switching from Day to Night, and her Anima specter stood just at the edge of the Guardians' vision, ready to duck behind a corner when they turned, as her Shade cloaked her.  Given its short duration, it would disappear before they could identify it, but the distraction would move them away from the door...

Edited by Yzjdriel

9 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Kira smiles.

"That does not seem healthy." She says.

"Healthier than being ripped in two". He pushed himself off the wall, staggerin forwards. "Ya know, maybe that's my problem. I dont willingly open up and spill my life to people.  Hell, my friend is probably at a dating bar trying to find someone to set up a date with me. Hasnt worked yet."  He walked to the other hut, and then leaned against the wall. "Just give me a sec. By the way, Sasha's sister wouldn't happen to be named Sai'ah, would she?"

Just now, Rakawan said:

"Are they tough to hunt?" He asks. "Penning them up must be a challenge."

"Not really. People keep them at farms like cows, pigs, and other farm animals. Besides tasting good, chickens lay eggs too. And they're so used to humans caring for them for generations that they would probably not survive in the wild. So basically, you can't even call them prey honestly."

Just now, (XB1)chillichillman said:

"Healthier than being ripped in two". He pushed himself off the wall, staggerin forwards. "Ya know, maybe that's my problem. I dont willingly open up and spill my life to people.  Hell, my friend is probably at a dating bar trying to find someone to set up a date with me. Hasnt worked yet."  He walked to the other hut, and then leaned against the wall. "Just give me a sec. By the way, Sasha's sister wouldn't happen to be named Sai'ah, would she?"

"Yes she is." Kira says. "She's also the daughter of the Chairwoman of Defense. Everyone calls her Princess because of that."

Just now, Denny2669 said:

"Not really. People keep them at farms like cows, pigs, and other farm animals. Besides tasting good, chickens lay eggs too. And they're so used to humans caring for them for generations that they would probably not survive in the wild. So basically, you can't even call them prey honestly."

"Farms?" Marie asks. "We were on a farm once."

Her face falls.

"People farms aren't fun." She says. "They poke you with sharp things, and yell a lot."

Rip has the same pained look on his face.

"Why don't you go get your teddy bear." He says to Marie. "Maybe Alice knows what type it is.

Marie giggles and darts down into the basement.

6 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

Sneaking up to one side of the door, she cast Metamorphosis, switching from Day to Night, and her Anima specter stood just at the edge of the Guardians' vision, ready to duck behind a corner when they turned, as her Shade cloaked her.  Given its short duration, it would disappear before they could identify it, but the distraction would move them away from the door...

The guardians charge around the corner and then stop, scratching their heads.

"Guards!" The female Grineer shrieks. "Where are those lousy... Guards!"

They urnnand salute her.

"Abandoning your posts." She says. "Is there some disobedience virus going around."

The door sits unguarded.

"We thought we saw..."

"You thought." Nina snaps. "Let me guess, you thought you saw a Tenno."

They nod. An image of the Kweens glares down from gen screen above them.

"A Tenno who magically got past all our defenses." Nina says. "Who slipped past all our scanners without one mistake."

"But Tenno were here earlier." One says. 

They both realize their mistake and gulp.

"That Tenno was invited." Nina snaps. "No others are. Did you forget to read your orders. How many have you let past you?"

"None mistress." The guard says. "There are not Tenno here."

Nina smiles and he gulps again.

"No Tenno." She says. "But you said..•

"I was mistaken." He snarls.

"Mistaken?" She asks, walking up to flare up at him. "Or lazy."

No one moves.

3 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"You poor things. Normal people always have to make it hard for the ones who are different..." Alice commented.

"Do not mention it in front of her." Rip says. "I took what memories I could, but she still has nightmares. We... I was normal once. Then some Tenno offered a chance to be more. They stuck... things into my brain. Tortured me and my sister. It wasn't a happy time."

He leans back.

"Apparently the other Tenno thought so." He says. "They killed the others, brought us here."

4 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

Max smiles. "Does she like being called princess?" (Well then. Chairwoman's daughter is a bit of a psychopath. Lovely community they got here.) 

"She seems to tolerate it." Kira says. "But what she really wants is respect. People treat her like a child, but she knows more ham any child should."

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Do not mention it in front of her." Rip says. "I took what memories I could, but she still has nightmares. We... I was normal once. Then some Tenno offered a chance to be more. They stuck... things into my brain. Tortured me and my sister. It wasn't a happy time."

He leans back.

"Apparently the other Tenno thought so." He says. "They killed the others, brought us here."

"Life can sometimes be such a meatgrinder..." one part in peculiar interested Alice "You took her memories?" 

2 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"Life can sometimes be such a meatgrinder..." one part in peculiar interested Alice "You took her memories?" 

"Only until she is old enough to understand them." He says. "I want her to have a childhood. To draw kittens and stars. Maybe sacrifice a goat or two once she's old enough. Not lay awake at night screaming about phantom pain. I'll bear that burden."

11 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The guardians charge around the corner and then stop, scratching their heads.

"Guards!" The female Grineer shrieks. "Where are those lousy... Guards!"

They urnnand salute her.

"Abandoning your posts." She says. "Is there some disobedience virus going around."

The door sits unguarded.

"We thought we saw..."

"You thought." Nina snaps. "Let me guess, you thought you saw a Tenno."

They nod. An image of the Kweens glares down from gen screen above them.

"A Tenno who magically got past all our defenses." Nina says. "Who slipped past all our scanners without one mistake."

"But Tenno were here earlier." One says. 

They both realize their mistake and gulp.

"That Tenno was invited." Nina snaps. "No others are. Did you forget to read your orders. How many have you let past you?"

"None mistress." The guard says. "There are not Tenno here."

Nina smiles and he gulps again.

"No Tenno." She says. "But you said..•

"I was mistaken." He snarls.

"Mistaken?" She asks, walking up to flare up at him. "Or lazy."

No one moves.

Lydia laughed silently at how easily that had worked.  The Kuva may be elite, but they were still Grineer.  Looking around the room, she located both the main computer terminal and the generator.

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

"Only until she is old enough to understand them." He says. "I want her to have a childhood. To draw kittens and stars. Maybe sacrifice a goat or two once she's old enough. Not lay awake at night screaming about phantom pain. I'll bear that burden."

"A truly noble act." Alice said "I may be crazy, but I do agree that the little ones should keep their innocence." she then giggled "Hehe, what am I saying? Of course I'm crazy."

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

"I demand the right to be allowed to take the Kween's head!" Karl says turning to face Darrin. "That witch has poisoned the empire long enough. My brethren."

He drew a Keshag and planted it by his feet.

"I challenge you for leadsership of this fleet." He bellows.

"I accept." Darrin says simply.

Kal readies himself. He has only a second to sink into a ready stance before...

A Jat Kittage sweeps his feet out from under him and then thuds down next to his head.

"You have failed." Darrin says. "Your challenge is null."

Teloch disapprovingly waved his helmeted head and helped Kal to get up.

"On your feet, soldier. If we are about to oppose the remaining queen with the kind of unity you just demonstrated, then it is us who should be behaving as rabid and cornered dogs, not her" 

Not letting his grip on Kal's shoulder, he shook the man slightly (by Rhino pilot's standards) 

"The fight for the queen's head is nothing compared to the upcoming fight for the grineer minds; there will be no one to steal it from you, and for the sake of your brethren you will neither reject it nor sabotage it with your temper"

16 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"She seems to tolerate it." Kira says. "But what she really wants is respect. People treat her like a child, but she knows more ham any child should."

Max nods.  "Well then, I suppose she will act more like an adult then."  He opens the door of the hut. "Also, if you know how to properly redress a wound, then I would appreciate that you do. I've taught Johnathan the best I could, but I'm no teacher."  Johnathan walks up, nothin in his hands. "I have paid your fees, sir."

11 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Teloch disapprovingly waved his helmeted head and helped Kal to get up.

"On your feet, soldier. If we are about to oppose the remaining queen with the kind of unity you just demonstrated, then it is us who should be behaving as rabid and cornered dogs, not her" 

Not letting his grip on Kal's shoulder, he shook the man slightly (by Rhino pilot's standards) 

"The fight for the queen's head is nothing compared to the upcoming fight for the grineer minds; there will be no one to steal it from you, and for the sake of your brethren you will neither reject it nor sabotage it with your temper"

"He has proven his strength." Kal says. "He will see no further challenge from me."