The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

6 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"It is forgiven." She says. "Just do not do it again. She finishes the stitches. "Those should hold till you can get a Healer to look at it." 

He rolls his shoulder a bit, testing the stitching before putting his shirt and vest back on.   "I am walking irony; a slightly sociopathic anthropologist.  And I don't need a healer."  He begins to set up his work station, starting by placing the jar with the black button like thing in it on the desk first.  The button floats up a bit, then settles back down.  Next come folders, then a recording device.  (Okay Sai'ah.  Whenever you're ready.  I'll move at your pace.)  "In place of the good sir, I thank you, madam."  Johnathan tips his hat at Kira before moving to the wall to stand.  He seems to drift off, as if he has fallen asleep.  "I suppose I just need to holler if I need something? Or if I find an unfriendly hand around my neck?"

20 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"Dunno if I should thank you or curse you for convincing me to stay." Alice joked.

"You can always go." Rip says, looking to the side. "Just.. be careful. You aren't normal... but you are a good person. The world needs more of those."

2 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

He rolls his shoulder a bit, testing the stitching before putting his shirt and vest back on.   "I am walking irony; a slightly sociopathic anthropologist.  And I don't need a healer."  He begins to set up his work station, starting by placing the jar with the black button like thing in it on the desk first.  The button floats up a bit, then settles back down.  Next come folders, then a recording device.  (Okay Sai'ah.  Whenever you're ready.  I'll move at your pace.)  "In place of the good sir, I thank you, madam."  Johnathan tips his hat at Kira before moving to the wall to stand.  He seems to drift off, as if he has fallen asleep.  "I suppose I just need to holler if I need something? Or if I find an unfriendly hand around my neck?"

"You can." She says. "But I won't garuntee I'll save you from your own stupid decisions."

18 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"You can always go." Rip says, looking to the side. "Just.. be careful. You aren't normal... but you are a good person. The world needs more of those."

Alice was thinking for a moment, supporting her chin with her hand "I dunno... I've learned that whenever I'm purple eyed, I'm doing the smart decidions. And even my gut's telling me to stay. But a good fight could help me forget faster..." she pondered.

24 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"You can." She says. "But I won't garuntee I'll save you from your own stupid decisions."

"I don't expect you to.  If someone comes by looking for me, tell them where I am.  Even if they seem angry."  He took off his glasses, this time laying them on the desk, then pulled out his pocket watch.  He opened it, exposing the gears, and began to shift them, as if he was trying to fix it.  He focused, the shifting growing louder and deeper, until he was in a semi-trance.  With this, he fell into his mind palace; a physical housing of his mental state.  For him, it was an asylum.  He roamed the halls of it, looking at memories, and reading the files he had in there.  All the while he kept tinkering with the pocket watch.  He had a few bookmarks on the files; How to talk your way out of Jas's death grip, the Inn and Sai'ah,  Sai'ah and thing inside her, proper way to reconstruct a beetle, how to avoid a killer robot while blinded, etc.  He chose to review everything he knew about Sai'ah.

15 hours ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

"I don't expect you to.  If someone comes by looking for me, tell them where I am.  Even if they seem angry."  He took off his glasses, this time laying them on the desk, then pulled out his pocket watch.  He opened it, exposing the gears, and began to shift them, as if he was trying to fix it.  He focused, the shifting growing louder and deeper, until he was in a semi-trance.  With this, he fell into his mind palace; a physical housing of his mental state.  For him, it was an asylum.  He roamed the halls of it, looking at memories, and reading the files he had in there.  All the while he kept tinkering with the pocket watch.  He had a few bookmarks on the files; How to talk your way out of Jas's death grip, the Inn and Sai'ah,  Sai'ah and thing inside her, proper way to reconstruct a beetle, how to avoid a killer robot while blinded, etc.  He chose to review everything he knew about Sai'ah.

Every time you think of her name pain blossoms in your mind. Moreover the information you have gathered seemed fragmented. You can remember something about her being possessed, but forget who she is related to. Recalling that blanks the first piece. It is like a puzzle where none fit.

16 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

Alice was thinking for a moment, supporting her chin with her hand "I dunno... I've learned that whenever I'm purple eyed, I'm doing the smart decidions. And even my gut's telling me to stay. But a good fight could help me forget faster..." she pondered.

"Then stay." He says. 

"No leave fluffy pillow." Marie murmers, clutching you tighter. 

16 hours ago, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed looks over to Drige* "How much longer?"

Dirge moves to stand before a screen and everyone sits.

"Our mission is simple." He says. "This is the target."

A picture of the safe room appears.

"This is the secondary objective."

A clearly photoshopped image of the dead Worm appears.

"First we stop her from reaching the safe room." He says. "Then we kill her."

He spends ten minutes reviewing security measures and weaponry of the new guards. 

"One more thing." He says. "If anyone sets off an alarm or disobeyed an order, I will destroy your frame myself. There is zero room for error on this mission."

He gestures to a teleport pad. 

"We will move ahead of the main force." He says. "Onboard a stealth cruiser. Are there any questions?"

22 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Every time you think of her name pain blossoms in your mind. Moreover the information you have gathered seemed fragmented. You can remember something about her being possessed, but forget who she is related to. Recalling that blanks the first piece. It is like a puzzle where none fit.

Max closes the file.  "If you don't want me to bug you, then get this meeting over with.  Then, I won't even care about you until post-war status.  You're acting like such a child."  He chooses to busy himself with how to properly reconstruct a beetle, which did involve an open flame.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

Max closes the file.  "If you don't want me to bug you, then get this meeting over with.  Then, I won't even care about you until post-war status.  You're acting like such a child."  He chooses to busy himself with how to properly reconstruct a beetle, which did involve an open flame.

There is no response. It appears to be a triggered response. 

A man walks into the hut. He is clad in a Frost Prime with white armor in the style of the Graxx skin.

"So you are the one causing my initiates such nuisance." He says. "I expected someone more imposing."

He is armed with an Orthos Prime with red ribbons hanging from the shaft. It currently sits on his back.

Just now, Denny2669 said:

"Don't worry little candy cane, I'm not leaving." Alice wrapped one arm around Marie, holding the kid close.

She snuggles in closer and drifts back to sleep.

"So why did you come here?" Rip asks. "Fleeing your demons or chasing them?"

Just now, Rakawan said:

She snuggles in closer and drifts back to sleep.

"So why did you come here?" Rip asks. "Fleeing your demons or chasing them?"

"More like letting them lead me." Alice said "I just felt like starting a business far away from home. I knew every corner of my clan's dojo, and it was massive. A planet thoe, it'll take much longer than a lifetime to explore all of this. Especially with meat bags protecting the more interesting places." she smiled "So in other words, the demon that brought me here was boredom."

8 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

There is no response. It appears to be a triggered response. 

A man walks into the hut. He is clad in a Frost Prime with white armor in the style of the Graxx skin.

"So you are the one causing my initiates such nuisance." He says. "I expected someone more imposing."

He is armed with an Orthos Prime with red ribbons hanging from the shaft. It currently sits on his back.

Max stirs from his palace, and stops his tinkering, closing the watch and returning it to his pocket.  "Why would I be imposing?  I need people to talk to me for my research, so me being imposing would make it so much harder."  He shifts the glass jar over a bit, making room for his arms to rest on the table.  "And who might you be, and what initiates are you talking about?"  His ghostly stare is directed straight at the Frost.

1 minute ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

Max stirs from his palace, and stops his tinkering, closing the watch and returning it to his pocket.  "Why would I be imposing?  I need people to talk to me for my research, so me being imposing would make it so much harder."  He shifts the glass jar over a bit, making room for his arms to rest on the table.  "And who might you be, and what initiates are you talking about?"  His ghostly stare is directed straight at the Frost.

The Tenno stares back with ancient eyes that speak of millennia of knowledge and skill.

"I am Arbiter Ryoko." He says. "Leader of the clan whose members you have annoyed, and founder of this colony and village."

"Jas wants you exiled from this planet." He says. "Sai'ah wants to kill you, but has been convinced to refrain from doing so."

5 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"More like letting them lead me." Alice said "I just felt like starting a business far away from home. I knew every corner of my clan's dojo, and it was massive. A planet thoe, it'll take much longer than a lifetime to explore all of this. Especially with meat bags protecting the more interesting places." she smiled "So in other words, the demon that brought me here was boredom."

"Ahh the worst and best of the bunch." Rip says with a smile. "I too wanted a change of scenary. Wanted to see the sky and feel grass beneath my feet. Wanted to breath in the night air."

36 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Dirge moves to stand before a screen and everyone sits.

"Our mission is simple." He says. "This is the target."

A picture of the safe room appears.

"This is the secondary objective."

A clearly photoshopped image of the dead Worm appears.

"First we stop her from reaching the safe room." He says. "Then we kill her."

He spends ten minutes reviewing security measures and weaponry of the new guards. 

"One more thing." He says. "If anyone sets off an alarm or disobeyed an order, I will destroy your frame myself. There is zero room for error on this mission."

He gestures to a teleport pad. 

"We will move ahead of the main force." He says. "Onboard a stealth cruiser. Are there any questions?"

*He Sighs* "Alright, I've had enough of your attitude Drige, If you touch Sam or Me, in anyway, I'll do more, then Destroy your damm frame!, Yeah, the big bad Wraiths I get it, but for god sake, threatening us, Won't get you want Drige, it will only get people to disagree with you, and treat you the same, So with all due respect, if the alarms go off, we'll compensate. Threatening your people, will only get them to disobey you, they want a leader, not an person, who thinks so highly of himself"

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

The Tenno stares back with ancient eyes that speak of millennia of knowledge and skill.

"I am Arbiter Ryoko." He says. "Leader of the clan whose members you have annoyed, and founder of this colony and village."

"Jas wants you exiled from this planet." He says. "Sai'ah wants to kill you, but has been convinced to refrain from doing so."

Max smiles, pulling out files and then shifting them around, all while looking straight, as he had done for the past decade.  "Old news to me.  Jas was a small misunderstanding, which I guess is actually bigger than I thought, and Sai'ah is just being childish.  But, I am watching my step.  In a metaphorical sense, that is."  Johnathan whirs to life, then stands behind Max.  "Hello, guest.  Would you care for a refreshment?"

1 minute ago, -Platinum- said:

*He Sighs* "Alright, I've had enough of your attitude Drige, If you touch Sam or Me, in anyway, I'll do more, then Destroy your damm frame!, Yeah, the big bad Wraiths I get it, but for god sake, threatening us, Won't get you want Drige, it will only get people to disagree with you, and treat you the same, So with all due respect, if the alarms go off, we'll compensate. Threatening your people, will only get them to disobey you, they want a leader, not an person, who thinks so highly of himself"

"Anyone who sets of an alarm is a liability." Dirge says. "Liabilities lead to mission failure and should be removed."

Sam puts a hand on your arm.

"This is a chance for me to prove that I can be one of them." She says. "Please, don't ruin this for me."

2 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

Max smiles, pulling out files and then shifting them around, all while looking straight, as he had done for the past decade.  "Old news to me.  Jas was a small misunderstanding, which I guess is actually bigger than I thought, and Sai'ah is just being childish.  But, I am watching my step.  In a metaphorical sense, that is."  Johnathan whirs to life, then stands behind Max.  "Hello, guest.  Would you care for a refreshment?"

"A glass of water would be nice." He says. "No ice cubes, my brother says they're bad for your health."

He looks knowingly at Max.

"Jas' wife is pregnant with their first child." He says. "For a rebel fighter who's spent his whole life in combat he is very protective of his family."

He continues.

"Their behavior does not concern me." He says. "Yours does. Why are you really here?"

11 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Ahh the worst and best of the bunch." Rip says with a smile. "I too wanted a change of scenary. Wanted to see the sky and feel grass beneath my feet. Wanted to breath in the night air."

"Bathe in the peerless moonlight, taste the salty wind at sea, see thick blood dripping from leaves..." Alice added "Not something I can enjoy on a space station."

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"A glass of water would be nice." He says. "No ice cubes, my brother says they're bad for your health."

He looks knowingly at Max.

"Jas' wife is pregnant with their first child." He says. "For a rebel fighter who's spent his whole life in combat he is very protective of his family."

He continues.

"Their behavior does not concern me." He says. "Yours does. Why are you really here?"

Johnathan poors a glass, ans Max's smile vanishes. "There will be a time, very soon hopefully, of post war. The tenno, psychics, and grineer will be the center of the main problems. I do not want a revolution against our allies, so I study the people to find the best course of action and advise." He begins to tap on the desk. "I dont mean harm. And I wont try to kill anyone."

6 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Anyone who sets of an alarm is a liability." Dirge says. "Liabilities lead to mission failure and should be removed."

Sam puts a hand on your arm.

"This is a chance for me to prove that I can be one of them." She says. "Please, don't ruin this for me."

*He looks over to her* "I kown Sam, I'm sorry, but you deserve better then -this-" *He looks up to Drige* "And removal of Liabilities, leads to death, I'm wtaching you Dirge, if you, treat me or her, like cannon fodder, you'll be sorry..." *He walks away, pulling from Sam's hand, and away from the pair, going to the teleporter, seening how it works* "We doing this or what?" 

6 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"Bathe in the peerless moonlight, taste the salty wind at sea, see thick blood dripping from leaves..." Alice added "Not something I can enjoy on a space station."

"I've heard that Dojos have gardens." He says. "But blood is probably harder to come by."