The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

6 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

Johnathan poors a glass, ans Max's smile vanishes. "There will be a time, very soon hopefully, of post war. The tenno, psychics, and grineer will be the center of the main problems. I do not want a revolution against our allies, so I study the people to find the best course of action and advise." He begins to tap on the desk. "I dont mean harm. And I wont try to kill anyone."

Ryoko dips a finger in the glass. The warframe running advanced diagnosis of the water.

"You want to ensure that when the dust settles everyone remaining is on the same side." He says. "An admirable goal."

8 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He looks over to her* "I kown Sam, I'm sorry, but you deserve better then -this-" *He looks up to Drige* "And removal of Liabilities, leads to death, I'm wtaching you Dirge, if you, treat me or her, like cannon fodder, you'll be sorry..." *He walks away, pulling from Sam's hand, and away from the pair, going to the teleporter, seening how it works* "We doing this or what?" 

Sam follows you as the teleporter deposits you into the interior of a ship.

"Zaeed, every special military unit in history is hard on the new recruits." She says. "Dirge isn't being mean, he's being pragmatic.  If I can't handle this stress, how can he trust me to act when everything has gone wrong, The Wraiths are the best at what they do, and they get there by weeding out anyone who can't handle it."

Edited by Rakawan

1 minute ago, Denny2669 said:

"And it finally isn't only my blood." Alice added "But I'll probably miss the whole space thig."

"Not me." Rio says. "Space always felt so... empty. So lonely. I don't know. Maybe it's different for Tenno. Different when you have a clan around you."

He seems to ponder something. 

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Not me." Rio says. "Space always felt so... empty. So lonely. I don't know. Maybe it's different for Tenno. Different when you have a clan around you."

He seems to ponder something. 

"Don't forget we have those Archwingies." Alice's expression flashed with an idea "Now that I think of it, I could go Sharkwing... ing..."

Just now, Rakawan said:

Sam follows you as the teleporter deposits you into the interior of a ship.

"Zaeed, every special military unit in history is hard on the new recruits." She says. "Dirge isn't being mean, he's being pragmatic.  If I can't handle this stress how can he trust me to act when everything has gone wrong. The Wraiths are the best at what they do, and they get there by weeding out anyone who can't handle it."

*He chuckles* "I kown, hes not being mean, I just don't appreciate, the threats are -NOT- Pragmatic, Mission failure shuold be a non hostile punishment, if you want your new recruits to keep joining and stay, you treat them, like a solider, each live matters, If you attack your own unit, then your not better then the enemy. How I see it is: If a rookie fails his or her, Mission, you send them off for a mission or two, or give them manual labor, THAT is how I'll treat my men, With Pragmatic, yes, but not, treating them, like cannon fodder or a liability"

*He looks up to her* "But maybe, your right, perhas I'm just being Overprotective and in any event, I'm sure you'll do great Sam, I kown you will, *He Sighs* "Perhaps that truth still lingers inside me, maybe.."

(( Hint-Hint ^_- ))

10 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Ryoko dips a finger in the glass. The warframe running advanced diagnosis of the water.

"You want to ensure that when the dust settles everyone remaining is on the same side." He says. "An admirable goal."

The water is tap water. "Admirable? No. necessary. I have to do the same thing here as I do at grineer facilities. Things can get, interesting."  Max stops tapping. "Why do you think I want to kill you? I have no reason to."

((Time skip to final preparations. Time to show off your troops.))

Luc selects the Dual Kittag and slides it into storage. 

"Clem." He calls. 

The deformed clone darts over and leaps up, climbing into the harness on the suit just behind the massive helmet. 

"Clem Clem." He says.

The other Manticores look up as a green and black Frost walks in.

"General." They say with respectful salutes.

"Load up." He says. "Longsword will have breaching charges, I leave the order of infiltration to you, Luc."

Luc saluted.

Outside the embassy Clones marched to the landed ships and boarded them. Drahk masters reeled in their vicious charges. Bombards checked their Tonkor Launchers.

Meridian was going to war. 

5 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"Don't forget we have those Archwingies." Alice's expression flashed with an idea "Now that I think of it, I could go Sharkwing... ing..."

"Does that inovokve or require multilating sea-life?" Rip asks. 

Internally he is picturing himself with large Lanx find strapped to his back, gliding like some mutated manta ray.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

The water is tap water. "Admirable? No. necessary. I have to do the same thing here as I do at grineer facilities. Things can get, interesting."  Max stops tapping. "Why do you think I want to kill you? I have no reason to."

"I have not lived a thousand years because of carelessness." Ryoko replies. "Kill, maybe not, but slip a truth serum? Something to loosen my tongue? That I would not put past you. But mostly I wanted to see your reaction. This armor keeps me hydrated. I have no need to actually drink."

9 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He chuckles* "I kown, hes not being mean, I just don't appreciate, the threats are -NOT- Pragmatic, Mission failure shuold be a non hostile punishment, if you want your new recruits to keep joining and stay, you treat them, like a solider, each live matters, If you attack your own unit, then your not better then the enemy. How I see it is: If a rookie fails his or her, Mission, you send them off for a mission or two, or give them manual labor, THAT is how I'll treat my men, With Pragmatic, yes, but not, treating them, like cannon fodder or a liability"

*He looks up to her* "But maybe, your right, perhas I'm just being Overprotective and in any event, I'm sure you'll do great Sam, I kown you will, *He Sighs* "Perhaps that truth still lingers inside me, maybe.."

(( Hint-Hint ^_- ))

"I beat Harbinger to death with a frying pan." She says. "I'll do amazing. As will you."

Just now, Rakawan said:

"Does that inovokve or require multilating sea-life?" Rip asks. 

Internally he is picturing himself with large Lanx find strapped to his back, gliding like some mutated manta ray.

"Although that does sound cool and I might try it at some point, it's just rocket wings, with a really, really big butter knife."

6 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"I have not lived a thousand years because of carelessness." Ryoko replies. "Kill, maybe not, but slip a truth serum? Something to loosen my tongue? That I would not put past you. But mostly I wanted to see your reaction. This armor keeps me hydrated. I have no need to actually drink."

"And I have no need to continue my research. I could chalk up this place to unworthy, and treat it like a foreign country. But I want to continue. I want to research the people, the occurances. And yes, I do take an interest in Sai'ah. Because I see potential cures through her ability."  Max leans forwards a bit. "And I do not fear her."

20 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Nina travels through the base until she reaches an ornate chamber scanners sweep every inch of the entrance. Inside you can hear two female voices.

"My Executioners are not bodyguards." Kela de Thaym snaps.

"How rude!" The Worm says. "I simply require one or two to deter any foolish Tenno. Your Kween comamnds it."

"And where is your sister." Kela asks. 

"Do as you're told!" The Worm screeches. "I order you!"

"As you wish." Kela says. "Dhurnham and Nok will act as your... bodyguards."

She sounds very unhappy.

Lydia marked the location on her map and added the annotation "Dhurnham + Nok + Kween".  Turning slowly, she began looking for a sniper's perch or other similar hiding place.  Here was a good enough place to wait for the assault.

Kal'rok watched his troops prepare with pride. All where highly trained, Tenno and Grineer alike.

They knew what was at stake. They knew what had to be done. 

Wuthott the Kween's head seizing control of the empire would be much harder. He wondered what the Grineer would do with the Kweens. How many would see the light. How many would be free to pursue honor and brotherhood. 

He smiled as he pictured the future.

Grinee soldiers patrolled colonies, Tenno standing as commanders over the masses. Humans worked the fields and labs, spending their days with simple tasks, protected from the dangers by the Empire. The Corpus sold their wares, and paid their tributes, and all was peaceful. 

4 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"Sadly, nope. you need the frame to controll it and to keep feeding you oxygen. Those golden eggheads really put some work into them."

He nods.

"Perhaps I should volunteer for Ascension." He says. "See what life as a Tenno is like."

Edited by Rakawan

2 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

"And I have no need to continue my research. I could chalk up this place to unworthy, and treat it like a foreign country. But I want to continue. I want to research the people, the occurances. And yes, I do take an interest in Sai'ah. Because I see potential cures through her ability."  Max leans forwards a bit. "And I do not fear her."

"Then you are a fool." Ryoko says. "The only thing stopping her from leaving you as a soulless, braindead husk, is that she does not want to waste time on you."

He stares at you.

"Do not pursue her further." He says. "You know nothing of the powers you meddle in."

4 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

Lydia marked the location on her map and added the annotation "Dhurnham + Nok + Kween".  Turning slowly, she began looking for a sniper's perch or other similar hiding place.  Here was a good enough place to wait for the assault.

There is no perch. While not a safe-room this was obviously designed to be defendable. 

Melanie gripped her spear as she watched the remaining Archons load onto the ship. 

"You're doing it again." Gallik said.  His shade hovered behind her shoulder. "You once berated me for being to eager to fight."

Melanie turned to the shade if her deceased husband.

"And you didn't listen." She said evenly. 

"Something we have in common." He says. 

Both turn back.

The older Archon suits carry heavy weapons variants. The smaller ones carry Tenno weapons. 

"One way or another this will be an impressive fight." She says. 

A flash of a teleporter heralds the arrival of Felicity.

"There." She says. "We had just enough."

A large wolf-like proxy lies on the ground. There is a slot on the collar.

Melanie takes the pendant from around her neck and slides it into the slot.

Gallik vanishes and the wolf's eyes glow gold. It rises and growls.

"Hisband?" Melanie asks. 

"I would have preferred a specter." Gallik snarled, the voice box more animalistic than he had expected.

"This will be better." Melanie says.

"I must return to my lab." Felicity says. "Godspeed Chairwoman."

She steps back onto the pad and vanishes.

"Could have at least made it a panther." Gallik growled.

7 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

Alice tiltes her head "Sorry, haven't been keeping up with news around here. What are you talking about?"

"Sai'ah wasn't always Tenno." He says. "Apparently they have some way to make people into... like you."