The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

8 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Then you are a fool." Ryoko says. "The only thing stopping her from leaving you as a soulless, braindead husk, is that she does not want to waste time on you."

He stares at you.

"Do not pursue her further." He says. "You know nothing of the powers you meddle in."

"You know nothing of who I am. She might be able to tamper with my surface memories, but that's all. My mind is complex, locked rooms inside a vault. It takes me some time to bury things, so the only memories I need to worry about are the ones I've made on this planet. I do not doubt that she can hurt me, or cause me to jerk my arm into a dislocation. I do not fear her, I do not fear the wraiths, I do not fear you."  He leans back, then stands up. "If there is nothing else, then I will like to have a nice snack. Alone."

4 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

"You know nothing of who I am. She might be able to tamper with my surface memories, but that's all. My mind is complex, locked rooms inside a vault. It takes me some time to bury things, so the only memories I need to worry about are the ones I've made on this planet. I do not doubt that she can hurt me, or cause me to jerk my arm into a dislocation. I do not fear her, I do not fear the wraiths, I do not fear you."  He leans back, then stands up. "If there is nothing else, then I will like to have a nice snack. Alone."

"I will let the other inhabitants know you are not to be disturbed Ryoko says. He shakes his head. "And here I was hoping to share the story of this colony with someone new."

He turns and exits the tent. 

Edited by Rakawan

Felicity looked at the Prime staff.

Techincally second generation Tenno were not allowed to use Prime weapons. But she was of Orokin Lineage. And so Ryoko had made an exception for her. 

He has always made exceptions for her. She still did not know if that annoyed or flattered her. 

To take the weapon would mean indulging in a privelege of her heritage. Something the True Orokin had done often. 

But rejecting it would mean going into combat with sub-par weapons. Something her Tenno training rejected. 

Her mind drifted to the Kweens. They were Orokin. They had tried to subvert her friend Nox. Had used children as replacement bodies. Was that really a legacy she wanted to uphold?

6 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

Damien turned to Darrin as the assault team began to take shape.

"Where do you want ol' Paladin, Arbiter?"

Darrin's holographic form flickers. 

"You will join the assault wave in hunting the Kweena." He says. "We could use your experience."

15 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

That part really seemed to catch Alice's attention "She never told me that..."

"It crossed her mind while we fought the cultists." He says. "I couldn't help but notice. Apparently she was once just a normal ten year-old. Before all the Nemesis and Tenno stuff.

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

"It crossed her mind while we fought the cultists." He says. "I couldn't help but notice. Apparently she was once just a normal ten year-old. Before all the Nemesis and Tenno stuff.

Alice nodded "Yeah, makes it that much weirder that I fell for her, huh?"

7 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"I will let the other inhabitants know you are not to be disturbed Ryoko says. He shakes his head. "And here I was hoping to share the story of this colony with someone new."

He turns and exits the tent. 

Max grabbed an apple, eating it slowly.  Fear.  What was the one thing he feared?  Himself.  (I know you see me!  Wouldn't you like to embrace me?)  (What? Now you want to try to get to me?  Not as I was bleeding to death?)  He went back into his mind palace, and stood in front of a glass room.  He couldn't tell if he was inside it, or out.  On the other side, was something similar to him, but the eyes had been gouged out.  It was smiling, in a very inhumane manner.  It spoke first, "I think, that you should just let me go have fun!  Let me lose, experiment with the Tenno, the Warframes!  Become the next apocalypse!"  Then Max's reply, as it has always been.  "No.  You are not my master.  Shut up, and leave me in peace."  It just laughed, and laughed, and laughed.  Max backed away.  He made sure to leave a message for Sai'ah on the glass wall:  Kill this thing.  If you can.  Don't listen to it, just kill it.  Then, I will ignore you. : When he left his mind palace, the taste of gallium was in his mouth.  He leaned over, and spat out the metal.  He continued on his apple, deciding to take a walk outside the tent.

17 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Darrin's holographic form flickers. 

"You will join the assault wave in hunting the Kweena." He says. "We could use your experience."

"See you on the other side, then."  He turned and moved off with the rest of the assault team.

Edited by Yzjdriel

7 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"See you on the other side, then."  He turned and moved off with the rest of the assault team, but stopped when he saw Felicity hesitating over a Prime weapon.

"Wondering whether you should take it?"

((She's at the lab, not the War Room.))

1 hour ago, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed looks around* "This is a nice..ship.."

It is indeed a nice ship. The seats are padded and comfortable, the viewport is clear, with no Frost on the glass like most ships. Oddly enough you cannot see any portonnof the ship out the viewport.

"First stealth class cruiser." Dirge says. "My brother is still humbling about in his lab trying to reverse engineer void cloaks. If he asked i'd share a tidbit or two."

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

It is indeed a nice ship. The seats are padded and comfortable, the viewport is clear, with no Frost on the glass like most ships. Oddly enough you cannot see any portonnof the ship out the viewport.

"First stealth class cruiser." Dirge says. "My brother is still humbling about in his lab trying to reverse engineer void cloaks. If he asked i'd share a tidbit or two."

*Zaeed nods* "Yeah, one nice ship, I give you that Drige, So I have to ask, Why the Ash Frame?, For the Wairths?, or do you have Lokis as well?"

18 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Darrin." Nina muses. "What is he like?"

"I don't know too much about him.  I used to work for one of his colleagues on the Tenno High Council, and she always described him as 'off-putting-ly level-headed'.  From what little I've seen of him sense, he seems to be a highly logically-minded recluse of a slightly paranoid genius.  In short, rather the perfect military commander."