The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

18 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Some doors should remain closed." Rip says. "So what do you do for fun besides murder and cooking?"

She started listing off things on her fingers "Drawing, floating around, scaring people, video games, spying, singing, board games, talking to myself, graffiti, cuddling, spelunking, listing off things on my fingers..."

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

The Adjutucant steps close to the table and places a small disk on it.

Aholograoh of a Tenno in tubes appears.

"We have an 0-8-9 The Adjuticant says. 

"You can just say we have someone looking for a trade permit." The secretary Tenno says. He pulls up a screen in view of the recorder.

"Type of goods?" He asks. 

"Various." Johnathan starts to say something, but Max holds up a finger to shush him.

Just now, Denny2669 said:

She started listing off things on her fingers "Drawing, floating around, scaring people, video games, spying, singing, board games, talking to myself, graffiti, cuddling, spelunking, listing off things on my fingers..."

"The last five sound fun." Rip says. "So are those boxes in the corner video games? I've never hit a chance to play one."

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

"The last five sound fun." Rip says. "So are those boxes in the corner video games? I've never hit a chance to play one."

"Lovely! Finally somebody's interested in the games! I can teach ya... after this little critter's done using me as a bed." Alice motioned to Marie, smiling.

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Can you be more specific?" The Tenno asks. "Weapons, sculptures, trade goods, resources, blueprints, etc?"

"Yes.  To all of them.  If I can find it, I can sell it.  For example,"  He grabs John's hat, and digs around in it, pulling out a Module.  "I could sell this dusty relic to the highest bidder.  Or, I could grab a weapon, or some other blueprints, and then sell those."  He sets the Module down.  If anyone were to read the label, they would know that it is a Primed Chamber.

7 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Enrique will plot a path through the minefield." Dirge says. "Try not to budge from it. We have no clue what the maxiumum trigger range is beyond the path we've plotted."

He looks at Zaeed.

"It's flying along a pre-set line." He says. "You can follow a line right?"

*He Exhales* "I can do my best, but I hate Arcwing, makes me feel sick and I hate flying around, so either I'll hitch a ride, or find a new way, a line shuold be ok"

1 minute ago, Denny2669 said:

"Lovely! Finally somebody's interested in the games! I can teach ya... after this little critter's done using me as a bed." Alice motioned to Marie, smiling.

"I sleepy!" Marie says her eyes snapping open and she clutches you tighter. "No take pillow!"

"You don't seem to be sleeping Rip says. 

Marie clenches her eyes shut.

"I sleeping!" She insists, making snoring sounds.

"Yeah you're probably going to be stuck like that for a while." Rip says. "She's like a very stubborn snapping turtle."

3 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

"Yes.  To all of them.  If I can find it, I can sell it.  For example,"  He grabs John's hat, and digs around in it, pulling out a Module.  "I could sell this dusty relic to the highest bidder.  Or, I could grab a weapon, or some other blueprints, and then sell those."  He sets the Module down.  If anyone were to read the label, they would know that it is a Primed Chamber.

"We'll go with Universal." The Tenno says. "Do have any charges or convictions on your record?"

3 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He Exhales* "I can do my best, but I hate Arcwing, makes me feel sick and I hate flying around, so either I'll hitch a ride, or find a new way, a line shuold be ok"

"Excellent." Dirge says. "Here is the proposed path."

It is a very loopy line.

"This is the simplest path to the objective." Dirge says. "Given the Itzal's speed I recommend you either memorize the path or hug the burners if someone who has."

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"I sleepy!" Marie says her eyes snapping open and she clutches you tighter. "No take pillow!"

"You don't seem to be sleeping Rip says. 

Marie clenches her eyes shut.

"I sleeping!" She insists, making snoring sounds.

"Yeah you're probably going to be stuck like that for a while." Rip says. "She's like a very stubborn snapping turtle."

"Would some chocolate change your mind?" Alice offers to the child.

"Excellent." Dirge says. "Here is the proposed path."

It is a very loopy line.

"This is the simplest path to the objective." Dirge says. "Given the Itzal's speed I recommend you either memorize the path or hug the burners if someone who has."

*Zaeed sighs* "Suit me up, then, I'll try to follow you as best as I can.."

8 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"Would some chocolate change your mind?" Alice offers to the child.

Marie stirs.

"See, now you're stuck." Rip says. "If you say yes I'll know you're awake. And if you don't you don't get chocolate."

Marie sleepily tilts her head and you can almost hear the gears turning.

Edited by Rakawan

1 minute ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

"I don't even have a record."  Max had relaxed a bit, and is looking more bored than annoyed.

"Alright." The Tenno says. "Your daily tribute comes to 15% of all received payments, payable upon close of business or end of day. This disk will project  your liscensed status. If the information given is found to be incorrect it will shut off and you will be fined as per Council ruling. Any attempts to tamper with or scan the disk will result in charges. Have a nice day."

The disk now displays a permit stating that you are luscrnsed to do so.

"Payments include transactions made before the time of permit but after arriving on planet." The Adjuticant says. "Payments may be made in credits, platinum, ducats, resources, or goods of equal cost."

"Alright." The Tenno says. "Your daily tribute comes to 15% of all received payments, payable upon close of business or end of day. This disk will project  your liscensed status. If the information given is found to be incorrect it will shut off and you will be fined as per Council ruling. Any attempts to tamper with or scan the disk will result in charges. Have a nice day."

The disk now displays a permit stating that you are luscrnsed to do so.

"Payments include transactions made before the time of permit but after arriving on planet." The Adjuticant says. "Payments may be made in credits, platinum, ducats, resources, or goods of equal cost."

Max smiles slightly.  "And would the equal costs be determined by me, or you?"  Johnathan looks at Max, seeming a bit worried, as Max still has his hat.

7 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed sighs* "Suit me up, then, I'll try to follow you as best as I can.."

Dirge zooms in on a mine.

"This is a proximity activated micro-nuclear mine." He says. "The sheer fact that I did not start this speech with a threat to shoot you if you screw up, and the name of this little bugger, should tell you exactly how screwed we all are if you hit one."

2 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

Max smiles slightly.  "And would the equal costs be determined by me, or you?"  Johnathan looks at Max, seeming a bit worried, as Max still has his hat.

"Determined by council precedent." He says. 

(( For reference go by market prices, in platinum, of resources to compare.))

Edited by Rakawan

Just now, Rakawan said:

"Determined by council precedent." He says. 

(( For reference go by market price in play of resources to compare.))

Max reached into the hat, then stopped.  "And what would be the equivalent cost of, say, this?"  He pulls out a void key.  not a relic, but an actual key, polished and cared for.  "Based on what I heard, these things have just about disappeared from the origin system."

Just now, (XB1)chillichillman said:

Max reached into the hat, then stopped.  "And what would be the equivalent cost of, say, this?"  He pulls out a void key.  not a relic, but an actual key, polished and cared for.  "Based on what I heard, these things have just about disappeared from the origin system."

The Adjuticant looks unimpressed.

"That is now classified as a class five oddity and is worth 10 platinum." He says. "By the view of the displayedresources you have made theee hundred platinum in assorted forms. That brings your current tribute to 45."

16 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The Adjuticant looks unimpressed.

"That is now classified as a class five oddity and is worth 10 platinum." He says. "By the view of the displayedresources you have made theee hundred platinum in assorted forms. That brings your current tribute to 45."

Max's shoulders slumped.  "I am trying not to go to dark with my wares."   He pulls out a small stack of platinum, weighing in around 40grams, and a husk of oxium.  " Should be around forty five plat."  He waved away the adjutant.  

Edited by (XB1)chillichillman

25 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Dirge zooms in on a mine.

"This is a proximity activated micro-nuclear mine." He says. "The sheer fact that I did not start this speech with a threat to shoot you if you screw up, and the name of this little bugger, should tell you exactly how screwed we all are if you hit one."

*Zaeed sighs* "Well, thats...oh, great, well I'm not killing my Sam, by killing myself, so..you can count on that.."

39 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Marie stirs.

"See, now you're stuck." Rip says. "If you say yes I'll know you're awake. And if you don't you don't get chocolate."

Marie sleepily tilts her head and you can almost hear the gears turning.

"I have loooots of chocolate, and candy, and so, much, more..." Alice said teasingly to Marie, sipping her cocoa.

20 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"I have loooots of chocolate, and candy, and so, much, more..." Alice said teasingly to Marie, sipping her cocoa.

"I could certainly use some candy." Rip says. "Sweet sweet candy."

Marie makes a tormented indecisive sound and snuggles closer.

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"I could certainly use some candy." Rip says. "Sweet sweet candy."

Marie makes a tormented indecisive sound and snuggles closer.

"Hmmm... how about... a whole bathtub full of chocolate? With little cracker ships sailing about, and candy mines exploding in your mouth with flavoured fillings..." It was hard to believe Alice wasn't kidding.