The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Vatasblubber said:

He salutes back "Well then while were still safe can you disable the computer override so I can give you full power?" He says smiling

"Here." He says, handing you a vial. "The nanites inside will mark you for engineering detail. We've tried to find a way to transfer command without gen, but it's the best system so far. They'll also track vitals and location."

3 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

Marie would see a storage room stock full of many kinds of candy, chocolate, and everthing children love to eat. Brands like "the taste of profit" or "Loki charms" were just some among many, and there surely would be no shortage of sweets the girl would like.

"Hell yeah!" Alice exclaimed happily, standing up from her seat, blanket still wrapped around her. She though about simply dropping it, would be funny to see Rip's reaction, but decided against it. It's gaming time now.
She still wasn't floating, and calmly walked to the WIP corner where the large TV screen and games console were.
"First off, we need to choose a game. I have Doom, Agony, Wolfenstein, DMC, Outlast 2, The Darkness, Bulletstorm, Mortal Kombat... wait, you don't know any of these, do you?"

Marie begins hoarding candy like a squirrel hoards nuts, that is to say she crams it in her mouth wrappers and all, taking care not to swallow it.

Rip shakes his head.

"Mortal Kombat..." He says. "I remember hearing someone's parents had a dim view of this. Sounds perfect."

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Here." He says, handing you a vial. "The nanites inside will mark you for engineering detail. We've tried to find a way to transfer command without gen, but it's the best system so far. They'll also track vitals and location."

He takes the vial "Thank you. Can you have someone show me to my post?"

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Vatasblubber said:

He takes the vial "Thank you. Can you have someone show me to my post?"

The "vial" warps in your hand. It flows into a gauntleted shape and attaches to your wrist. You feel a small poke.

"Analyzing blood stream." It says. "Injecting synthetic markers. Welcome aboard Chief Engineer."

A map appears on the gauntlet showing the way to the engineering room. It sits right behind the bridge.

25 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Full cloak." He says. "It will sustain while active but will not break on movement. My advice is not to fully open the throttle and stick close to one of us instead of your girl. She's about as new to this as you are."

"Before of ask why we are throwing so much at her let me answer that." Dirge says. "And pay attention because I only plan on saying it once."

He straps into an Itzal.

"Being a Wraith isn't about commanding respect or getting shiny trinkets sooner than others." He says. "It's about going into missions where everyone else has failed, and still getting it done. It's about improvising when all else fails. It's about adapting faster, learning faster, and making decisions faster than anyone else. That is what we do. That is what she must prove she can do."

*Zaeed straps into the Arcwing and connects it* "Right, sticking to you, got it.." *Zaeed sighs, as he puts his gear onto the straps for safety and looks over to Drige* "I see, and well..then I hope she can prove that then. And I won't distract her from the mission, I can respect the Wraiths ways, tho I'm sure some of you have to understand not everything is possible*He rubs his head* "Just kown this, if shes put into any kind of danger that she can't get out of, then you kown, I'm going to help 'My Girl', And even if means, failing the mission, her life is more imported then some grinner cow"

*He looks over to Sam, but don't say a word, he just wtachs her get ready, before looking around* "I'm locked and loaded.."

2 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed straps into the Arcwing and connects it* "Right, sticking to you, got it.." *Zaeed sighs, as he puts his gear onto the straps for safety and looks over to Drige* "I see, and well..then I hope she can prove that then. And I won't distract her from the mission, I can respect the Wraiths ways, tho I'm sure some of you have to understand not everything is possible*He rubs his head* "Just kown this, if shes put into any kind of danger that she can't get out of, then you kown, I'm going to help 'My Girl', And even if means, failing the mission, her life is more imported then some grinner cow"

*He looks over to Sam, but don't say a word, he just wtachs her get ready, before looking around* "I'm locked and loaded.."

Dirge pushes off into space.

"We have our course." He says. "We have our mission. Wraiths, deploy."

The others glide into space. The monefield sits ahead, the lethal charges floating close together.

6 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Marie begins hoarding candy like a squirrel hoards nuts, that is to say she crams it in her mouth wrappers and all, taking care not to swallow it.

Rip shakes his head.

"Mortal Kombat..." He says. "I remember hearing someone's parents had a dim view of this. Sounds perfect."

"All of these games are satisfyingly brutal~" Alice replied, her voice dripping in anticipation "Mortal Kombat XVII it is then! The genre's called fighter game."

She turned on the PS4000, then the game. She made sure to plug in a second controller for Rip. After a second of difficulty changing, a screen with varrious characters showed up, and the word 'select' howering above.

On 26.11.2016 at 5:00 PM, Rakawan said:

Ships begins to line up in orbit.

"All ships report in." Ryoko says. 

Teloch left the so-called "war room" as soon as the necessity to remain there disappeared. He left his subordinates on the planet (against Therese's protests and luckily for Ulf's hesitance to participate in purely offensive operations). He loaded in his heavy fighter-destroyer hybrid vessel along with his armored feline while musing on the weird coincidence: each day and visit to this planet turns in a yet another emergency in the end. Still, he wasn't the one to hide from hard and bloody kinds of work. 

One of the benefits leading a tenno military that oversees colonies security is that the average time for fleet and personnel preparations takes less than ten minutes; he informed the miraalaners about this fortunate circumstances shortly after punching back to Origins.

"Heavy fleets, landing forces, reserves, and special means are on a standby and ready for deployment" 

Edited by Teloch

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Dirge pushes off into space.

"We have our course." He says. "We have our mission. Wraiths, deploy."

The others glide into space. The monefield sits ahead, the lethal charges floating close together.

*Zaeed sighs* "Here we go.." *He pushes off into space, along with them, he sits next to one of the Wraiths, sticking close*

10 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The "vial" warps in your hand. It flows into a gauntleted shape and attaches to your wrist. You feel a small poke.

"Analyzing blood stream." It says. "Injecting synthetic markers. Welcome aboard Chief Engineer."

A map appears on the gauntlet showing the way to the engineering room. It sits right behind the bridge.

"Nevermind" He says. He follows the map to it's destination then looks around

6 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Teloch left the so-called "war room" as soon as the necessity to remain there disappeared. He left his subordinates on the planet (against Therese's protests and luckily for Ulf's hesitance to participate in purely offensive operations). He loaded in his heavy fighter-destroyer hybrid vessel along with his armored feline while musing on the weird coincidence: each day and visit to this planet turns in a yet another emergency in the end. Still, he wasn't the one to hide from hard and bloody kinds of work. 

One of the benefits leading a tenno military that oversees colonies security is that the average time for fleet and personnel preparations takes less than ten minutes; he informed the miraalaners about this fortunate circumstances shortly after punching back to Origins.

"Heavy fleets, landing forces, reserves, and special means are on a standby and ready for deployment" 

"Fleet rendesvous coordinates set." Darrin says. "Our Dreadnoughts are already in place beyond scanner range. Uploading advanced plans and preferred targeting matrix."

The rendesvous point is by Eris. The fleet seems to be using the infested ships as a smokescreen.

9 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"All of these games are satisfyingly brutal~" Alice replied, her voice dripping in anticipation "Mortal Kombat XVII it is then! The genre's called fighter game."

She turned on the PS4000, then the game. She made sure to plug in a second controller for Rip. After a second of difficulty changing, a screen with varrious characters showed up, and the word 'select' howering above.

Rip selects a figure that looks like a demonic sumo wrestler.

8 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed sighs* "Here we go.." *He pushes off into space, along with them, he sits next to one of the Wraiths, sticking close*

The cloak activates and Dirge flies into the field, taking a right, then a left, then daring over a mine. Enrique is ahead of him, sending back course corrections.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Vatasblubber said:

"Nevermind" He says. He follows the map to it's destination then looks around

The room has several teleport pads to various systems and is full of consoles. Technicians buzz around like bees in a hive.

"Chief Engineer on deck." One says. The others turn to salute you.

The Master console is located between two teleport pads and shows an overview of the ship with sliders for power levels. Everything is equal for the time being.

Just now, Rakawan said:

The room has several teleport pads to various systems and is full of consoles. Technicians buzz around like bees in a hive.

"Chief Engineer on deck." One says. The others turn to salute you.

The Master console is located between two teleport pads and shows an overview of the ship with sliders for power levels. Everything is equal for the time being.

He salutes back "As you were" he walks over to the master console and begins analyzing the system while he waits for something to happen

Just now, (XB1)Vatasblubber said:

He salutes back "As you were" he walks over to the master console and begins analyzing the system while he waits for something to happen

"Bridge to engineering." The captain says. "Preparing to drop out of the void. Boost shields to compensate."

The ship seems to slow down. Seems because there is no discernible jerk, but the console shows the engines consuming less energy.

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The cloak activates and Dirge flies into the field, taking a right, then a left, then daring over a mine. Enrique is ahead of him, sending back course corrections.

*Zaeed follows Dirge's path, keeping close not to touch the Mines, he keeps radio silence, but softly speeks to himself* "This is so nerve racking, I hate..Arcwing.."  

Just now, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed follows Dirge's path, keeping close not to touch the Mines, he keeps radio silence, but softly speeks to himself* "This is so nerve racking, I hate..Arcwing.."  

The Itzal handles well, but its speed is offputting.

Dirge slides along the path wordlessly. The base draws near.

A glance at the map shows you are 25% through.

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The Itzal handles well, but its speed is offputting.

Dirge slides along the path wordlessly. The base draws near.

A glance at the map shows you are 25% through.

*Zaeed keeps his best to not over-thrust it, he keeps his path with Drige, he takes a quick glance over to Sam, to watch her skill* 

8 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Bridge to engineering." The captain says. "Preparing to drop out of the void. Boost shields to compensate."

The ship seems to slow down. Seems because there is no discernible jerk, but the console shows the engines consuming less energy.

"Rasing shields." He says while pressing some buttons "Sheilds rasing."

Sai'ah took another breath.

"Use these ships, crush the Tenno." Nemesis said, no longer bothering to hide herself. "Command these scattered hives."

Sai'ah toyed with the idea of controlling the hives. It could benefit the fleet to have some fodder.

One of the infested ships extended a small tendril.

Sai'ah shoved the thought away and reached out, focusing harder to block the receptors on the tendril.

Nothing was there. It was just empty space. 

The tendril withdrew and Sai'ah sighed. Keeping the infeste dships docile was harder than she had expected. But the fleet needed them to stay hidden. Of the infested sensed a ship they would move for it and that would agitate the rest. 

She sensed the void rift open for the Vengeance and created a bubble for it. Another tendril lazily reached out and she deceived it again. 

She felt something then. A mind, unlike the rest.

"You... you are more alike than the others." It said. "Will you consume? Will you grow?"

1 minute ago, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed keeps his best to not over-thrust it, he keeps his path with Drige, he takes a quick glance over to Sam, to watch her skill* 

Sam drifts lazily. An alert draws your attention back to a mine. In that brief second you have drifted a few micrometers from the path. 

"Zaeed please correct course." Enrique says.

Sam opens a channel.

"Keep your eyes on yourself." She says. "I will be fine."

6 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Rip selects a figure that looks like a demonic sumo wrestler.

"Oh, that one! He's great, simple to play as too!" Alice selected a figure that looked like a parasitic woman with bug wings. She then chose the map, a snowy forest.
"Alright, time to teach you the controls..." she listed off where which button is and what they do.

10 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Fleet rendesvous coordinates set." Darrin says. "Our Dreadnoughts are already in place beyond scanner range. Uploading advanced plans and preferred targeting matrix."

The rendesvous point is by Eris. The fleet seems to be using the infested ships as a smokescreen.

Soon, first ships began to arrive: two huge, antitank-hedgehog-shaped motherships ejecting four big squadrons of heavy fighters and two small squadrons of destroyers; one big  separate squadron of heavy battleships, four massive dropships, and entire eight (already known to the participants of the corpus siege on Phenix) turtle-like AMP ships.

Three observations can be made from this sight: someone is seriously set on destroying the fortress, the ships look and move little bit different from the conventional fleets, and that the previously mentioned "special measures" were not yet deployed.

1 minute ago, Teloch said:

Soon, first ships began to arrive: two huge, antitank-hedgehog-shaped motherships ejecting four big squadrons of heavy fighters and two small squadrons of destroyers; one big  separate squadron of heavy battleships, four massive dropships, and entire eight (already known to the participants of the corpus siege on Phenix) turtle-like AMP ships.

Three observations can be made from this sight: someone is seriously set on destroying the fortress, the ships look and move little bit different from the conventional fleets, and that the previously mentioned "special measures" were not yet deployed.

The point is within a cluster of infested ships. The seem docile, and do not react to the approach.