The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Vatasblubber said:

"Rasing shields." He says while pressing some buttons "Sheilds rasing."

The power drives ramp up to ah sleep the increase. One of the generators begins to heat up. There are ample supplies of coolant on hand for this event.

5 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"Oh, that one! He's great, simple to play as too!" Alice selected a figure that looked like a parasitic woman with bug wings. She then chose the map, a snowy forest.
"Alright, time to teach you the controls..." she listed off where which button is and what they do.

Rip nods and smiles the whole time.

It is a knowing smile. A mischievous smile.

54 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"My thoughts as well." He says. "But constraining people to their homes creates more panic. The restriction is mostly on long distance travel. The village has a shelter and quick access to one. It's more of a interstellar lockdown."

Max leans on the table, looking a bit bored.  "And how long will this lockdown last?"  He began to tap the table, his finger moving in a very rhythmic fashion.  "Or do you not know and so you will stand there indefinitely?"

9 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Sai'ah took another breath.

"Use these ships, crush the Tenno." Nemesis said, no longer bothering to hide herself. "Command these scattered hives."

Sai'ah toyed with the idea of controlling the hives. It could benefit the fleet to have some fodder.

One of the infested ships extended a small tendril.

Sai'ah shoved the thought away and reached out, focusing harder to block the receptors on the tendril.

Nothing was there. It was just empty space. 

The tendril withdrew and Sai'ah sighed. Keeping the infeste dships docile was harder than she had expected. But the fleet needed them to stay hidden. Of the infested sensed a ship they would move for it and that would agitate the rest. 

She sensed the void rift open for the Vengeance and created a bubble for it. Another tendril lazily reached out and she deceived it again. 

She felt something then. A mind, unlike the rest.

"You... you are more alike than the others." It said. "Will you consume? Will you grow?"

"The metal men are no friend of mine." The voice says. "Let me embrace you, let us crush them."

Sai'ah resisted the lure of its words.

"No." She said. "My pack. Not yours."

Nemesis responded by bristling at the foreign voice. 

"Then take me to your pack leader." The voice said. "Let me speak to him."

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The point is within a cluster of infested ships. The seem docile, and do not react to the approach.

The fleet doesn't seem to engulf into the debris of infested mass, preferring to scatter and patrol closer to the newly arrived fleet.

1 minute ago, Denny2669 said:

"Alright. Now, take a few practice hits on my character to get a feel for the game." Alice said as the match started.

Rip opens with a grab, then a belly bump to bounce that character across the arena, before chain staggering her against the invisible walls that mark the border with a series of flops and belly bumps.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

Max leans on the table, looking a bit bored.  "And how long will this lockdown last?"  He began to tap the table, his finger moving in a very rhythmic fashion.  "Or do you not know and so you will stand there indefinitely?"

"It will last till the Chairwoman gives the order." He says. "Why? Do you have someone waiting for you?"

Edited by Rakawan

1 minute ago, Teloch said:

The fleet doesn't seem to engulf into the debris of infested mass, preferring to scatter and patrol closer to the newly arrived fleet.

Ryoko's voice comes across the channel.

"So in a bit of odd news we have some infested who apparently want to join the party." He says. "Thoughts Warlord?"

12 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Sam drifts lazily. An alert draws your attention back to a mine. In that brief second you have drifted a few micrometers from the path. 

"Zaeed please correct course." Enrique says.

Sam opens a channel.

"Keep your eyes on yourself." She says. "I will be fine."

*Zaeed gasps slightly, he helps to drift away* "Sweet Profit..." *He exhales* "Noted...Eyes on the road, Zaeed.."

1 minute ago, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed gasps slightly, he helps to drift away* "Sweet Profit..." *He exhales* "Noted...Eyes on the road, Zaeed.."

One of the mines emits a scanning light in a wall like shape.

"Hold position." Enrique says.

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"It will last till the Chairwoman gives the order." He says. "Why? Do you have someone waiting for you?"

"No.  I just have problems with authority standing over me like prison guards."  He stops tapping, and looks slightly less bored.  "Actually, the lockdown would do me a favor.  Keeps a particular someone out, if she can even find the coordinates."

4 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

"No.  I just have problems with authority standing over me like prison guards."  He stops tapping, and looks slightly less bored.  "Actually, the lockdown would do me a favor.  Keeps a particular someone out, if she can even find the coordinates."

"Well look on the bright side." He says. "When this is over you may see more business or more people to study."

Edited by Rakawan

Just now, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed slows down and stops* "Scanners, don't think our cloak will pass that, they look like heat sensors, and void ones"

"Motion scanners." Enrique says. "As long as we don't move the cloaks will confuse them."

The scanner begins to drift over. The mines continue to float. One seems on a collisions course, albeit an very slow one, with you.

"Hold still." Enrique says. "Wait for it to pass."

10 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Rip opens with a grab, then a belly bump to bounce that character across the arena, before chain staggering her against the invisible walls that mark the border with a series of flops and belly bumps.

Surprisingly, Alice didn't even resist his attacks, letting him win the first round. "You mischievous little bunny ripper..." now it was game on, and Alice was ready to show RIp just how much he's screwed. Never try tricking a master.

2 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

Surprisingly, Alice didn't even resist his attacks, letting him win the first round. "You mischievous little bunny ripper..." now it was game on, and Alice was ready to show RIp just how much he's screwed. Never try tricking a master.

Rip's character settles into a ready stance as the next bout opens.

Marie titles up to a table in the main room and spits the candy onto it, wiping off the bars with a paper towel.

Edited by Rakawan

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Motion scanners." Enrique says. "As long as we don't move the cloaks will confuse them."

The scanner begins to drift over. The mines continue to float. One seems on a collisions course, albeit an very slow one, with you.

"Hold still." Enrique says. "Wait for it to pass."

*Zaeed keeps still, letting it pass*

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Well look on the bright side." He says. "When this is over you may see more business or more people to study."

"Yes."  Max seems to get lost in thought, which he partially has.  Piecing together all the information he has acquired, over the course of the past month, he is trying to figure out a way to [redacted].   (Huh? This, is not possible.  Why would I hide a file from myself?)  Laughter in his head.  (oh.  you.)  He continues to trade the stars, now out of amber, while Johnathan stands watch for anyone who tries to grab one an run off.

1 minute ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

"Yes."  Max seems to get lost in thought, which he partially has.  Piecing together all the information he has acquired, over the course of the past month, he is trying to figure out a way to [redacted].   (Huh? This, is not possible.  Why would I hide a file from myself?)  Laughter in his head.  (oh.  you.)  He continues to trade the stars, now out of amber, while Johnathan stands watch for anyone who tries to grab one an run off.

The Adjuticant watches the line. When a Loki with vibrant colors steps forward he places his hand on his shoulder.

"I was going to pay." The Loki protests.

"Make sure you do." The Adjuticant says, removing his hand. 

The Loki looks especially nervous as he approaches. 

27 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The power drives ramp up to ah sleep the increase. One of the generators begins to heat up. There are ample supplies of coolant on hand for this event.

He diverts coolant and programs the computer to take care of a situation like this by itself in the future

Edited by (XB1)Vatasblubber

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The scanner continues forward. Another mine drifts closer. It seems a race whether it will reach you before the scanner passes over.

*Zaeed stays his grond, waiting on the scanner to pass over, wtaching the mine draw closer, he stays slient and patient* "...."

Just now, (XB1)Vatasblubber said:

He diverts coolant and programs the computer to take care of a situation like by itself in the future

It seems the previous Engineer was very hands on.

The levels drop to acceptable temperatures.

The ship seems to shudder slightly as it drops from the void. 

"Maintain current levels." The captain says. "Prepare cannons."