The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

2 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed holds her close, holding her in his arms, he stands, carrying her* "Can you Walk?" *He uses Coms* "Drige I hacked the controls elevator is online, but Sam is outta breath, something happned.."

She rolls out of your limbs, looking offended. She seems to have regained the strength to stand.

18 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Teloch just nodded at Cressa in a meaningful way. She would not need to see his face to know that with that nod he grinned in the same way as he did once. Once, when he had to decide between staying adamantly loyal to his hexis brethren as an organization, or to the very concept of reliability. Back then, when he had either to bring the liberated defectors to the judgment of Hexis or to stay true to the original promise and to hand them to the Meridian, he choose the latter and faced the fire.

He didn't like to remember that episode of his life, and so they never spoke of that case ever again. No words were needed.

"And the WTC?" Luc asked, turning to look at Teloch.

"Thwy have proven where hey stand." Cressa says. "Repeteadly."

The elevator hums and everyone busies themselves with preparations to move.

While no one is looking Cressa places her fist over her heart in an archaic salute.

"Godspeed, Walord." She says. "Semper Fi."

Then she is among her own troops, rallying them and kicking a few grunts who felt Ike this was their chance to sit for a spell.

Edited by Rakawan

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"... or ten years in the salt mines." You hear Bec say.

"I heard nothing." The assistant says.

"Good man." Bec says. "Close the door on your way out."

He turns to the feed.

"I'm listening." He says. "I'm irritated, but I'm listening."

"Hello, Irritated, I'm Pressed for Time," said Richard sarcastically in a terse voice.

"The Elder Kween is dead, and assuming our fleet survives long enough, the younger Kween will soon follow.  We have more than enough firepower on the ground, but our forces in orbit will soon be overmatched.  My offer is simple, because I haven't the time to come up with a way to double-talk you:   I have the coordinates of the current position of the Kuva Fortress.  You have enough ships to make this an easy victory.  I can likely find alternate sources of reinforcements that will do the job, but I fear that would require more time than we have before more reinforcements arrive, forcing me to call in favors with the Perrin Sequence I've been saving for quite some time.

Help us destabilize the Grineer Empire and you will more than likely find yourself in a favorable bargaining position with whoever rises to take their place at the top:  smart money seems to be on Cressa Tal of Steel Meridian, by the way.  Take it to the Board if you must, but remember that the inevitable civil war the power vacuum will cause would be just as profitable as the current war, if not more so.  Only time will tell."  He folded his hands as he sent the picture Lydia had sent back of the elder Kween's severed head as proof of sincerity.

4 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"Hello, Irritated, I'm Pressed for Time," said Richard sarcastically in a terse voice.

"The Elder Kween is dead, and assuming our fleet survives long enough, the younger Kween will soon follow.  We have more than enough firepower on the ground, but our forces in orbit will soon be overmatched.  My offer is simple, because I haven't the time to come up with a way to double-talk you:   I have the coordinates of the current position of the Kuva Fortress.  You have enough ships to make this an easy victory.  I can likely find alternate sources of reinforcements that will do the job, but I fear that would require more time than we have before more reinforcements arrive, forcing me to call in favors with the Perrin Sequence I've been saving for quite some time.

Help us destabilize the Grineer Empire and you will more than likely find yourself in a favorable bargaining position with whoever rises to take their place at the top:  smart money seems to be on Cressa Tal of Steel Meridian, by the way.  Take it to the Board if you must, but remember that the inevitable civil war the power vacuum will cause would be just as profitable as the current war, if not more so.  Only time will tell."  He folded his hands as he sent the picture Lydia had sent back of the elder Kween's severed head as proof of sincerity.

"I see you have some grasp of economics." Bec says. "So I won't bore you with details. This war has proven profitable. Dear and Sherri industries have posted impressive gains. Even Cestra Industries managed to finish on the green. It seems awfully risky to bet on a chance of getting a better deal."

9 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"Open fire." Darrin says, still calm. "And ask the shuttle troops to rednesvous with you further in. We will need them."

"Understood." Doren would slam the controls to fire as he moves off. "Strike teams, I want a sit rep.There would be constant sounds of gunfire from the other side of the comms. "We're giving it our all sir! Sh!t! Medic! We need a medic over here! Grineer are giving it their all down here!" "Do you think you can make a push?" A pause filled with gunfire and static. "Negative General! Focus fire on the damn catwalks! Don't let them mount those Ramparts! Area's too hot for a push! Changing mags! Changing mags! We really kicked up the hornet's nest with that entrance, sir! BOMBARD! Get down!" A loud explosion would be heard, sound is lost for a moment. "You good!? You good!? Gah! Focus fire! I want that gene-bag on the ground!"

Doren would cut the transmission and bullet jump back over to his group. "They're getting hammered. No way they can make a push unless we give them some support."

21 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"And the WTC?" Luc asked, turning to look at Teloch.

"Thwy have proven where hey stand." Cressa says. "Repeteadly."

The elevator hums and everyone busies themselves with preparations to move.

While no one is looking Cressa places her fist over her heart in an archaic salute.

"Godspeed, Walord." She says. "Semper Fi."

Then she is among her own troops, rallying them and kicking a few grunts who felt Ike this was their chance to sit for a spell.

That phrase... He heard it for numerous times and occasions. And only three living persons knew how important was its meaning to him.

"Semper fidelis," he half-whispered back through the comms.

The groups have refreshed their amplifiers, and by now, the lines of tenno looked like a Christmas garland because of 64 freaking warding halos. It was unclear if those two Nezhas had ever cast that many halos in such a short period of time, but judging by their postures, it was unlikely.

Teloch received the messages with the tactical analysis on the situation in space. It was just like he expected: the clones will take the advantage in their sheer numbers; it was bound to happen. Bad thing: it was time for the plan "B", which he hoped to avoid for the sake of informational security. Good news: he had it prepared anyway.

Always faithful he mused to himself while covering those present around with his glance. Their lives and his promise to lead them to another day was much more important than the arguable benefits of conspiracy. Perhaps warlords Johan and Estelle would argue with that, but it wasn't them who was making the final decision.

"Bring out the swarm" he commanded his officers through the interior channels

18 minutes ago, OrlockCedar said:

"Understood." Doren would slam the controls to fire as he moves off. "Strike teams, I want a sit rep.There would be constant sounds of gunfire from the other side of the comms. "We're giving it our all sir! Sh!t! Medic! We need a medic over here! Grineer are giving it their all down here!" "Do you think you can make a push?" A pause filled with gunfire and static. "Negative General! Focus fire on the damn catwalks! Don't let them mount those Ramparts! Area's too hot for a push! Changing mags! Changing mags! We really kicked up the hornet's nest with that entrance, sir! BOMBARD! Get down!" A loud explosion would be heard, sound is lost for a moment. "You good!? You good!? Gah! Focus fire! I want that gene-bag on the ground!"

Doren would cut the transmission and bullet jump back over to his group. "They're getting hammered. No way they can make a push unless we give them some support."

Lights flicker and smoke coelseces.

"General, see to your men." Darrin says, calmly drawing his Sydon. "The Graxx Enclave will assist you."

He strides to meet the Shadow as the latter draw a large sword.

20 minutes ago, Teloch said:

That phrase... He heard it for numerous times and occasions. And only three living persons knew how important was its meaning to him.

The groups have refreshed their amplifiers, and by now, the lines of tenno looked like a Christmas garland because of 64 freaking warding halos. It was unclear if those two Nezhas had ever cast that many halos in such a short period of time, but judging by their postures, it was unlikely.

Teloch received the messages with the tactical analysis on the situation in space. It was just like he expected: the clones will take the advantage in their sheer numbers; it was bound to happen. Bad thing: it was time for the plan "B", which he hoped to avoid for the sake of informational security. Good news: he had it prepared anyway.

Always faithful he mused to himself while covering those present around with his glance. Their lives and his promise to lead them to another day was much more important than the arguable benefits of conspiracy. Perhaps warlords Johan and Estelle would argue with that, but it wasn't them who was making the final decision.

The elevators fit ten a piece and there are ten of them. 

"See you below." Melanie says.

17 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Lights flicker and smoke coelseces.

"General, see to your men." Darrin says, calmly drawing his Sydon. "The Graxx Enclave will assist you."

He strides to meet the Shadow as the latter draw a large sword.

Doren nods, looking to his team then back to Darrin. "We'll meet back up once we're able to make a push." he would then pull out his Burston Prime and break into a sprint in the direction of his forces. The two Tenno follow quickly after him.

2 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

The door opens and a Seraph in white and red armor, the adornment of a medic, comes in.

"... on-site," she finishes speaking into a comm.  She moves quickly across the room toward Rip.

Alice jumped, but noticing the armour color pattern, she realized it's a medic, and it's best to let her get to work immediately. She stepped backwards, wondering who called 911...

Edited by Denny2669

14 hours ago, OrlockCedar said:

Doren nods, looking to his team then back to Darrin. "We'll meet back up once we're able to make a push." he would then pull out his Burston Prime and break into a sprint in the direction of his forces. The two Tenno follow quickly after him.

You find your forces pinned down by heavy fire. There is a sudden flash of light and several of the ramparts burst into flames. Boarding pods rain down, slamming into the remaining defenses. There are ten in all. 

Graxx Tenno and Clones jump from them, each scattering a handful of small spheres. Specters of bombards and other troops rise from the spheres.

Edited by Rakawan
Forces not curves

13 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

Alice jumped, but noticing the armour color pattern, she realized it's a medic, and it's best to let her get to work immediately. She stepped backwards, wondering who called 911...

Rip moans softly.

Marie clutches Alice with a death grip.

14 hours ago, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed nods, then begins to head down to the hallway* "You alright Sam?, looked like you took some grasping on your throat there, can you speek?" 

She mouths something then touches her throat, shaking her head. A scan shows sever damage to her vocal chords.

15 hours ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

Max stops before going out of the building.  "what are they attacking, anyways?  They wouldn't divert this much attention if it was just a simple cruiser, would they?"

"The Kweens." The Clerk says. "Or whichever one they have not slain yet."

15 hours ago, Teloch said:

"We've made contact with Richard." Melanie says over comms. "He is negotiating with Frohd Bec to gain a Corpus aid for this strike. Their fleets could turn the tide and buy us time. He also said not to shoot the emoji's, whatever that means."

16 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Outside the base the fleet combat escalates. Fighters swarm around the larger ships. Two of Theylin's cruisers are down and a third is being evacuated. 

The Zariman has several fires. The Interitus and Vaykor Formorian are also looking worse for wear. 

The landing ships circle around to provide air support, while he Dreadnoughts turn to deal with new Grineer fleets arriving.

Suddenly, the odd spheric machines begin to unwarp not far from the enemy vessels lines. They are of various volumes and look like twisted armadillos that once inhabited the ancient Terra; they are all seemed to be segmentary and composed of plated machines that vaguely resembled the now extinct species of horseshoe crabs (or smaller variations of the famous liset class carrier) linked to each other by the edgy metal "spines"

The spheres did not remain docile for longer than five seconds after each arrival, unwrapping and disassembling into high numbers of the previously mentioned "segments". Some of them proceed autonomously, others fly out chained to each other, like trains or segmented serpents. They all seemed to move organized, each single one with its purpose, blinking with differently colored lights, as if communicating or signaling to themselves. 

The smallest and also most numerous drones batch into big swarms, like some of the prehistoric kinds of warm sea fish. They seem to be the simplest-built - resembling mere tadpoles - but each armed with an explosive charge, highlighting their expendable nature. The hives made of this little devils concentrate on the clusters of hostile lesser vessels such as draglyns, ogmas, and other smaller ships, blowing and disemboweling them like an explosive cosmic wind. 

The smaller "snakes" threw themselves in the clouds that once were vessels, magnetizing, grappling, and collecting salvaged remnants of dead ship's "corpses" along with the tiny drones that malfunctioned or discharged for some reason. Once they fixate the nabbed "loot", they rushed away and swiftly thrust to somewhere, probably to the place they came from.

Comparatively larger "crab-like" drones split up into "wings" made of 6-10 units. They used the "wolf tribes" tactics when hunting average to big hostile vessels: two or three drones rammed their targets thrusters, immobilizing the victim, while the rest literally dug through the weak spots of armor. Once inside, they seemed to cause series of interior explosions and raise the general havoc from within the hulls. Some of the "fighter" drones even manage to crawl back and regroup with other packs.

When the initial chaos was spread by the lesser forms of the hive fleet, a huge "sphere" punched out. It unrolled and took the shape of a large (1500 meters long) centipede. Each of its numerous segments had their own pair of thrusters, providing the compositive larger body with immense speed and agility. The great serpent made an arc to line up with one of the Fomorians. It disassembled into lesser "worms" to minimize the damage done by the deck weaponry and to hit the adjusted targets such as shield generators. Once to shield seals were taken off, the largest "piece" of snake forced its way inside the giant in order to mess with its core, just like a worm that chews into the ripe apple to feed on its seeds.

Even though large numbers of drones stopped to exist after performing their functions, more new hive spheres come out of the punch. Judging by the reinforcements frequency, It appears that they are being transported straight from the conveyor line, which would also explain the reason behind lesser "serpents" greedily collecting salvage.

Another interesting detail is the fact that the degree of coordination and maneuvers of all parts of the swarm is inhumanly precise. Making it reasonable to question if the drones are controlled by actual pilots, even if remotely. 

The swarms seemed to attempt to chase the hostile fleet away from the particular area as if either making it a safe zone for the allied fleets, or preparing it for the arrival of something new, something big. 

Edited by Teloch