The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

3 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

"And you all lived happily ever after.  Until someone spilled their drink on another."  he smiled,letting his hands rest on the table, folded in front of him.

"Happy?" She asked. "My husband left me because I adopted a human child. The few humans we could find wanted nothing more than to go back and fight. The few crops we could plant were devoured by those pests called fluffles, and the Arbiter spent as much time fighting his inner demons as he did fighting the Grineer. Happy was not the word. Nor was that the end."

Edited by Rakawan

13 hours ago, Rakawan said:

A head pokes through and an arm reaches for you. The door slides open wider.

{What did you do?}

(( Going of the choice, that the adults are here now, unsure if this is too fast or what))

*Zaeed looks to the arm* {They lost their minds, so I didn';t blame them, I didn't blame my father, so I made a make-shift cell, to jeep them safe]

Edited by -Platinum-

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

A withering barrage of fire as the elevator door opens reveals that the chances of a steathly approach are slim.

"Piledriver formation!" Sigma's heavy infantry would get to either side of the entrance and begin laying down suppressing fire while the main force pushes into the "trenches" so to speak.

"Happy?" She asked. "My husband left me because I adopted a human child. The few humans we could find wanted nothing more than to go back and fight. The few crops we could plant were devoured by those pests called fluffles, and the Arbiter spent as much time fighting his inner demons as he did fighting the Grineer. Happy was not the word. Nor was that the end."

"And thus the drink.  That's all it takes to start a bar fight, one little trip, one single drop of beer spilled."  He ponders for a moment.  "I thought you said you weren't an only mother?"  Johnathan looks to Max, then to Kira, then back to Max, in a very confused manner.

15 hours ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

"And thus the drink.  That's all it takes to start a bar fight, one little trip, one single drop of beer spilled."  He ponders for a moment.  "I thought you said you weren't an only mother?"  Johnathan looks to Max, then to Kira, then back to Max, in a very confused manner.

"No," Kira says. "I simply asked you who told you I was."

She smiles.

"Sometimes the merest suggestion that one is taken is enough to deter advances."

She raises a flask to her lips and sips from it.

"We turned to the syndicates for help." She says. "That went... well it went... they helped us get off the ground, but they spent more time fighting eachother then helping."

15 hours ago, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed looks to the arm* {They lost their minds, so I didn';t blame them, I didn't blame my father, so I made a make-shift cell, to jeep them safe]

"But eventually you had to make a choice." The lotus says. "The others did not want to share their food with the prisoners. They felt they needed to survive more."

15 hours ago, OrlockCedar said:

"Piledriver formation!" Sigma's heavy infantry would get to either side of the entrance and begin laying down suppressing fire while the main force pushes into the "trenches" so to speak.

The Manticore simply walks forward. Bullets ping off his armor and he seemed to be laughing. A agrattler materializes in his hands and spews forth explosive rounds, coating the enemy position in fire and smoke. A feed from his helmet highlights the positions of his enemies, making visual targeting possible.

The dual ignis coat the area in flame, burning the Grineer who stay entrenched.

The ones who try to flee are cut down by your troops. In movements the corridor is silent again.

"This is Commander Jas." A voice says. "The Kweens are neutralized, change objective to recovery of vital data and destruction of key systems."

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"But eventually you had to make a choice." The lotus says. "The others did not want to share their food with the prisoners. They felt they needed to survive more."

*Zaeed sighs* "Yes, and in the end, I had to choice the family, I had, while cruel it was smart, The young must be fed, over the adults, as we had more in our lives them then, so in the end our lives mattered more" 

Nina withdrew her baodes from Nok's corpse. Dhrunham lay a few feet away, his head punctured with stab wounds. One of her blades was lodged in his skull.

Footsteps behind her. 

She turned to see a Green and Black Tenno standing there.

"Commander." She said, and started to bow.

"New Dawn." He said. 

She felt things lift from her mind, felt compulsions cease. Then she felt tired, very tired. She couldn't remember he last time she had slept. She couldn't remember anything. Her eyes closed seconds later. She felt hands lift her, saw an helmeted head looked own on her. 

"Sleep little one." The figure said. "You finished your task, you are safe now."

Then her memeorybof that faded and she floated in a peaceful void.

Darirn lifted her body, and carried it like one would carry a child, cradled in his arms.

3 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed sighs* "Yes, and in the end, I had to choice the family, I had, while cruel it was smart, The young must be fed, over the adults, as we had more in our lives them then, so in the end our lives mattered more" 

"But that wasn't the last of them." She says. "More hunting sorties roamed the ship. It was you or them. What did you do?"

"But that wasn't the last of them." She says. "More hunting sorties roamed the ship. It was you or them. What did you do?"

*He rubs his head* "I did what I chuold to prevent blood-shed, but in the end, it was us or them, So I hunted.." 

Just now, -Platinum- said:

*He rubs his head* "I did what I chuold to prevent blood-shed, but in the end, it was us or them, So I hunted.." 

Hands reach for one of the other children. He crouches, and reappears some distance away. 

17 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"All is going according to plan, Warlord." Darrin says. "We will rejoin you shortly."

You hear Ryoko chuckle.

"A pity there were not more of these Guardians." He said. "I could have used a challenging fight before retiring."

Seems like the fortress almost run out of the clones so the predacious assault teams were now rather searching the place for objects of interest, casually murdering the grineer remnants. Their head officer, after preparing the corpse of the lesser queen for extraction, was busy coordinating the fleet, ground teams, and delegating orders. One of the reports picked his interest.

He contacted Cressa and Darrin over the comms "Sector Rotuma. One of our teams reported that they have recovered a few tubes with supposedly Lech Krill's unactivated clones. The nearby computers might have the data on genetic imprints of high Grineer officials. Send your hackers to the mentioned sector in order to try to extract the data"

Edited by Teloch

17 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Seems like the fortress almost run out of the clones so the predacious assault teams were now rather searching the place for objects of interest, casually murdering the grineer remnants. Their head officer, after preparing the corpse of the lesser queen for extraction, was busy coordinating the fleet, ground teams, and delegating orders. One of the reports picked his interest.

He contacted Cressa and Darrin over the comms "Sector Rotuma. One of our teams reported that they have recovered a few tubes with supposedly Lech Krill's unactivated clones. The nearby computers might have the data on genetic imprints of high Grineer officials. Send your hackers to the mentioned sector in order to try to extract the data"

"Understood." Cressa says. "Sending technicians now."

Dariin appears along with Felicity, carrying a strange female Grineer in his arms. He hands her to one of the Meridian Troopers.

"She that she arrives safely back at HQ and is kept sedated." He says. 

"Yes General." The Trooper says.

Ryoko also appears, his Orthos shimmering in the light.

"It is done." He says. "Their reign, at least and last, is over."

Melanie orders her troops to scour the base for POW and weapons tech.

Edited by Rakawan

1 minute ago, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed jolts back slightly, then in instincts rises his palm, trying to focus to use the same trick as before* "Back off, Im warning you!"

He pays no attention to you.

The void beam splutters to life, burning a small hole in his arm, but then flickers off. He closes in.

Just now, Rakawan said:

He pays no attention to you.

The void beam splutters to life, burning a small hole in his arm, but then flickers off. He closes in.

*Zaeed backs away, a few steps, trying the same thing once more, he trys to image himself, moving like the other child did* "..Leave, us alone, we're just childen!"

2 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed backs away, a few steps, trying the same thing once more, he trys to image himself, moving like the other child did* "..Leave, us alone, we're just childen!"

The man charges and you suddenly find yourself several yards forward, behind him.

44 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"No," Kira says. "I simply asked you who told you I was."

She smiles.

"Sometimes the merest suggestion that one is taken is enough to deter advances."

She raises a flask to her lips and sips from it.

"We turned to the syndicates for help." She says. "That went... well it went... they helped us get off the ground, but they spent more time fighting eachother then helping."

"The Syndicates don't want a unified government.  They each want to rule the others.  It gets very comical at some points."  He snaps his fingers and Johnathan walks over to the kitchen and begins to brew some drink.  "And, I have no intentions of any advancement.  Any relationship you might form with me will be one of landlady and tenant."