The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

Just now, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed focuses more, trying his best to keep awake* "I....can't...hold this much..longer.."

The engine slowly turns. Power begins to come back.

You cray has glimpses of Sam in a cavern, lying on a rock as things circle in the pits of bone around her. 

Your arm feels like lead.

6 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

A few minutes later a chair scrapes backwards. You do not recall hearing the door open, nor can you sense anyone inside the room. 

"Sit." A voice commands.

Jonathon would detect a single figure, an Ash clad in Red and Black, stitting calmly at the table, where Kira had sat before.

Max walks over, and stands in front of the table, silent, emotionless.  Johnathan is in a low power mode.

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The engine slowly turns. Power begins to come back.

You cray has glimpses of Sam in a cavern, lying on a rock as things circle in the pits of bone around her. 

Your arm feels like lead.

*Zaeed frowns, looking over to Sam's glimpse* "Sam!,..i...Come on Zaeed, Fouce!, get safe, and save her!" *Zaeed trys to ignore the pain, and intense the beam, thinking more on her* 

2 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

Max walks over, and stands in front of the table, silent, emotionless.  Johnathan is in a low power mode.

Hands push you down into the chair then withdraw.

You senses detect flitters if motion, like the flashes of light begins closed eyes.

"My girl show you a place to live." An Italian voice says. "She treat you like guest, save your life. She try to tell you story, like friend would. And you disrespect her."

The man clicks his tongue.

"Why Maxi, why you disrespect her?" He asks. 

*Zaeed frowns, looking over to Sam's glimpse* "Sam!,..i...Come on Zaeed, Fouce!, get safe, and save her!" *Zaeed trys to ignore the pain, and intense the beam, thinking more on her* 

The statue spins faster and faster and faster.

You feel your grasp on the world slipping away. The vision blurs.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Vatasblubber said:

"Yes, what do you need and be quick I'm working on repairs." He doesn't even look up from the console

"The official Engineer  will handle that." He says. "Meridian has an offfer for a full time position. We need someone of your skills."

He hands you a holo-pad.

Another messenger runs up.

"Message from the Arbiter." He says, offering you another pad.

9 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Hands push you down into the chair then withdraw.

You senses detect flitters if motion, like the flashes of light begins closed eyes.

"My girl show you a place to live." An Italian voice says. "She treat you like guest, save your life. She try to tell you story, like friend would. And you disrespect her."

The man clicks his tongue.

"Why Maxi, why you disrespect her?" He asks. 

"Why?  Do you want the scientific answer, or the philosophical answer?"

*Zaeed jolts back to stop the beam unable to stand, he lets himself fall, gripping his head* "RUAGH!"

You land hard on a solid patch of rock.

Something in your leg snaps.

Sam is there as well, holding a bloody patch on her leg.

You can hear shifting sounds as things move in the bones aurroundinthe dimly lit rock platform.

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

You land hard on a solid patch of rock.

Something in your leg snaps.

Sam is there as well, holding a bloody patch on her leg.

You can hear shifting sounds as things move in the bones aurroundinthe dimly lit rock platform.

*Zaeed groans in pain, gripping his leg, he truns to face Sam* "Sam?....."

1 minute ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

"Why?  Do you want the scientific answer, or the philosophical answer?"

"Because you a have no manners." The man says. "No respect. Not good Maxi, not good."

He slides a glass across the table to you.

"Drink." He says. 

A single ice cube clinks against the glass as the cup comes to a stop.

"That gonna change." The man says. "If you speak to people you show them the proper respect."

4 hours ago, Rakawan said:

As you dismount you hear people cheering.

Civilians flood the streets, cheering and partying.

The Dex work to clear a path for the incoming soldiers.

"... Yes, they have moved it to a remote location. I Meridian is now supposedly appropriate the facility. Will have more information soon"
"Understood sir. May I ask how the expedition raid went?"
"Far better than we expected. New weaponry, new tech, new infrastructure, but what more importantly - unexpected advancement of the E14:21 project. It is absolutely random and unbelievable, but here we are, possessing the data of interstellar importance"
Therese looked around, assessing the crowds and suppressing her absolutely voracious curiosity
"About your gear," Siger said and handed Bloom a case. When she opened it, she recognized a new primed Tigris, and, to her even greater amazement, a pair of heavily modified and adorned aksomati. Her eyes widened, as she recognized her mentor's personal sidearms.
"It hurts me to see my student - the one who made so much in her powers to make this day possible - use something that cast a shade on our army reputation. You are a big girl, Therese, and you need serious tools. I hope they will serve you as well as they served me and aid you on your path"
Therese smiled broadly. By now, she knew her boss' "personal" language; she knew that he has just said "you made me proud", but, predictably, did that in his typical - deeds over words - way.
"An honor, sir" she responded with a wide and posh smile that rarely lands her face.  
"Solberg!" Siger broke the touching (in a way) moment with a sharp cry.
The Frost made a step forward, straightened up, and saluted, "Yes sir?!" 
"How will you justify the fact of staying in the Head Sergeant rank for so long?" he demanded.
"No can do, sir!" Ulf replied unevenly
"Too bad. I have a news on your career, sergeant!"
Ulf grew visually nervous.
"With the first soldiers trained at this planet, warlord Pallas will have his new corps. By now, he has no protegee with the expeditional service experience. I recommended you and he agreed to accept you as his student. Due to your current assignment, you will carry out his tasks. Also, you are field-promoted to junior Lieutenant from this moment"
Ulf grew even more nervous and lowered his gaze in silence.
"I knew you are insecure about your new position. I know you are afraid to fail others expectations. But you have the experience that is needed by your brothers and sisters. Staying when you are and refusing to share it will be both selfish and dishonorable... And I know you have honor, Solberg. You will have to overcome your anxiety for everyone's sake, including them" Teloch pointed at the cheering civilians.
Ulf hesitated for a short moment, and then lift his head, "Will do my best, sir!" 
"That's more like it, soldier" Siger replied.

Edited by Teloch

10 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"The official Engineer  will handle that." He says. "Meridian has an offfer for a full time position. We need someone of your skills."

He hands you a holo-pad.

Another messenger runs up.

"Message from the Arbiter." He says, offering you another pad.

He takes the pad from the arbiter and reads it then reads the pad from meridian

2 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"... Yes, they have moved it to a remote location. I Meridian is now supposedly appropriate the facility. Will have more information soon"
"Understood sir. May I ask how the expedition raid went?"
"Far better than we expected. New weaponry, new tech, new infrastructure, but what more importantly - unexpected advancement of the E14:20 project. It is absolutely random and unbelievable, but here we are, possessing the data of interstellar importance"
Therese looked around, assessing the crowds and suppressing her absolutely voracious curiosity
"About your gear," Siger said and handed Bloom a case. When she opened it, she recognized a new primed Tigris, and, to her even greater amazement, a pair of heavily modified and adorned aksomati. Her eyes widened, as she recognized her mentor's personal sidearms.
"It hurts me to see my student - the one who made so much in her powers to make this day possible - use something that cast a shade on our army reputation. You are a big girl, Therese, and you need serious tools. I hope they will serve you as well as they served me and aid you on your path"
Therese smiled broadly. By now, she knew her boss' "personal" language; she knew that he has just said "you made me proud", but, predictably, did that in his typical - deeds over words - way.
"An honor, sir" she responded with a wide and posh smile that rarely lands her face.  
"Solberg!" Siger broke the touching (in a way) moment with a sharp cry.
The Frost made a step forward, straightened up, and saluted, "Yes sir?!" 
"How will you justify the fact of staying in the Head Sergeant rank for so long?" he demanded.
"No can do, sir!" Ulf replied unevenly
"Too bad. I have a news on your career, sergeant!"
Ulf grew visually nervous.
"With the first soldiers trained at this planet, warlord Pallas will have his new corps. By now, he has no protegee with the expeditional service experience. I recommended you and he agreed to accept you as his student. Due to your current assignment, you will carry out his tasks. Also, you are field-promoted to junior Lieutenant from this moment"
Ulf grew even more nervous and lowered his gaze in silence.
"I knew you are insecure about your new position. I know you are afraid to fail others expectations. But you have the experience that is needed by your brothers and sisters. Staying when you are and refusing to share it will be both selfish and dishonorable... And I know you have honor, Solberg. You will have to overcome your anxiety for everyone's sake, including them" Teloch pointed at the cheering civilians.
Ulf hesitated for a short moment, and then lift his head, "Will do my best, sir!" 
"That's more like it, soldier" Siger replied.

"Warlord." Holly, the Dex soldier, says with a bow. "Your presence is requested in the War Room."

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Vatasblubber said:

He takes the pad from the arbiter and reads it then reads the pad from meridian

The Arbiter's pad offers what appears to be a job working in a Lua facility directly under him, assisting with repairs and analysis of artifacts. The living conditions are listed as comfortable and the hours are flexible.

The pad from Meridian offers a position as head of a team of engineers working to repair the newly claimed Kuva Furtress. It lists standard barracks, or self provided lodging, as the living conditions and contains a waiver holding the syndicate blameless in event of numerous mishaps, several of which seems likely.

Both offer decent levels of pay for the job.