The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

Just now, Denny2669 said:

"I think we'll have to wait till she gets older." Alice whispered to Rip, before turning towards the counter.

A very heavy, very angry looking woman stands there with a hamburger. 

"What is this?" She exclaims, gesturing to what could be any number of ingredients on the hamburger. "Explain this!"

On 02.12.2016 at 10:33 PM, Rakawan said:

"We do have a spot in the defense district." She says. "Between the Archon and Meridian hq. There are soldiers nearby, but few civilians."

"Sounds fitting enough" He concluded. 

"Another thing we must discuss is the ability of Phenix to accept new arrivals. Some of the colonies we are supervising will be evacuated due to reasons both tactical and strategical. We plan on managing the resettlement of those refugees evacuated from the colonies that should rather be abandoned to the viable colonies under our surveillance. The question is simple: what is the current "receivability" of Phenix?"

1 minute ago, Teloch said:

"Sounds fitting enough" He concluded. 

"Another thing we must discuss is the ability of Phenix to accept new arrivals. Some of the colonies we are supervising will be evacuated due to reasons both tactical and strategical. We plan on managing the resettlement of those refugees evacuated from the colonies that should rather be abandoned to the viable colonies under our surveillance. The question is simple: what is the current "receivability" of Phenix?"

"We have plenty of room." Melanie says. "And jobs with the mines opening. Housing would be the limiting factor. It all depends on how quickly we can build homes. Bear in mind we do also have another continent that is inhabitable but unoccupied."

11 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

A very heavy, very angry looking woman stands there with a hamburger. 

"What is this?" She exclaims, gesturing to what could be any number of ingredients on the hamburger. "Explain this!"

"What's wrong with it?" Alice asked, releasing Rip's hand.

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

"What's wrong?" She demands, huffing and puffing. "Look at it!"

She gestures quite wildly to the whole burger again.

"It's a hamburger, more than that I cannot tell miss." Alice replies, not getting what the woman was on about.

2 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"It's a hamburger, more than that I cannot tell miss." Alice replies, not getting what the woman was on about.

"Exactly!" She says. "I ordered vegan!"

A look at her tab shows she made no such claim. It simply says. "Hamburger."

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Better." She says. "A bit whelmed, but better than I have in a while."

*He sighs* "I wish I could of done more Sam, but I have to ask, what...happned to you, last I remaber is..going after the Queen, and then...a...I don;t kown, a Orokin voice talking to me, she was soft and gentle, but very commanding, stopped me dead in my tracks, I..truned to help you and then,...you..or your frame attacked me"

Just now, -Platinum- said:

*He sighs* "I wish I could of done more Sam, but I have to ask, what...happned to you, last I remaber is..going after the Queen, and then...a...I don;t kown, a Orokin voice talking to me, she was soft and gentle, but very commanding, stopped me dead in my tracks, I..truned to help you and then,...you..or your frame attacked me"

"I don't really remember." She says. "All I recall is watching the Kween escape."

"Exactly!" She says. "I ordered vegan!"

A look at her tab shows she made no such claim. It simply says. "Hamburger."

"A hamburger is a hamburger, the tab doesn't lie. Unless you explicitly said you wanted vegan, I cannot just read your mind." in a certain sense, Alice wasn't lying. It wasn't her reading the minds afteral...

"We have plenty of room." Melanie says. "And jobs with the mines opening. Housing would be the limiting factor. It all depends on how quickly we can build homes. Bear in mind we do also have another continent that is inhabitable but unoccupied."

"Means the manpower shortage. Understood" He said "There are options we may actually implement to boost the local economic, but I'd rather have Therese discuss them with Tammy. But back to the colonies: most likely, tomorrow we will bring a small group of refugees. They were inhibiting a tiny planetoid near Mars in extreme conditions for almost twelve years. The sheer power of stubbornness, I'll say. The piece of rock has nothing to offer, so it would actually be more reasonable to channel the hardiness of this bunch into more productive direction instead of scattering resources to supervise that rock. Expect eighty individuals with proper skills in mining, machinery, and extreme conditions survival. We will outfit them with resettlement allowances, so they won't be poor immediately upon arrival at the very least. Bloom will inform you once the transition will be a certainty"

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"I don't really remember." She says. "All I recall is watching the Kween escape."

*He shrugs* "Yeah, you..I think you went into some kind of rage, you was uncontrollable, did all I chuold to clam you, last I remaber, is your frame pouncing me or something, and then poof, I was in that hellhole" *He smirks* "But hay, I'm glad we're both alright, and well, my top priority was to save you"

*He Sighs* "Speaking of, Where is that bi1ch?"

1 minute ago, Teloch said:

"Means the manpower shortage. Understood" He said "There are options we may actually implement to boost the local economic, but I'd rather have Therese discuss them with Tammy. But back to the colonies: most likely, tomorrow we will bring a small group of refugees. They were inhibiting a tiny planetoid near Mars in extreme conditions for almost twelve years. The sheer power of stubbornness, I'll say. The piece of rock has nothing to offer, so it would actually be more reasonable to channel the hardiness of this bunch into more productive direction instead of scattering resources to supervise that rock. Expect eighty individuals with proper skills in mining, machinery, and extreme conditions survival. We will outfit them with resettlement allowances, so they won't be poor immediately upon arrival at the very least. Bloom will inform you once the transition will be a certainty"

"I'll notify the mines." She says. "There is a quarry nearby so they should be able to construct stone buildings first, until we can get supplies out for better lodging."

"On the note of housing." She says. "Ryoko wanted me to tell you that he will be moving his operations to Lua. He said he has a base on the moon where he will be studying Orokin tech, and extended an invitation for any like-minded individuals or groups."

2 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He shrugs* "Yeah, you..I think you went into some kind of rage, you was uncontrollable, did all I chuold to clam you, last I remaber, is your frame pouncing me or something, and then poof, I was in that hellhole" *He smirks* "But hay, I'm glad we're both alright, and well, my top priority was to save you"

*He Sighs* "Speaking of, Where is that bi1ch?"

"Hell." Enrique says. "If you believe the rumors. Dead, if you don't."

5 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"A hamburger is a hamburger, the tab doesn't lie. Unless you explicitly said you wanted vegan, I cannot just read your mind." in a certain sense, Alice wasn't lying. It wasn't her reading the minds afteral...

"Everyone knows I only eat Vegan, idiot girl." The woman snaps. "Do out know who I... of course you don't, simpleton. I demand to speak with your manager!"

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Hell." Enrique says. "If you believe the rumors. Dead, if you don't."

*He looks over* "Dammit!" *He grunts* "I wanted to kill her with my bare hands, who got the lucky pleasure of tearing her from limb to limb, while laughing hysterically?"

Just now, Rakawan said:

"Everyone knows I only eat Vegan, idiot girl." The woman snaps. "Do out know who I... of course you don't, simpleton. I demand to speak with your manager!"

Alice's visage had turned into a frown, looking at the woman with surpressed anger "I am the manager. And what should you matter to me?"

Just now, Denny2669 said:

Alice's visage had turned into a frown, looking at the woman with surpressed anger "I am the manager. And what should you matter to me?"

The woman's jaw works for a few moments. It seems to take that long for your words to sink in.

"Well then missy!" She snaps. "You can look forward to a very scathing review. Good. Day!"

She throws the hamburger down on the counter and storms out.

Everyone watches her go. 

The crowd outside stares as she storms off. One of the people calls something and she runs and bellows at them. They turn and tell their friends and a large portion of the group dart off. It is clear she is well-known around here. The word spreads and the group outside dwindles.

7 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He looks over* "Dammit!" *He grunts* "I wanted to kill her with my bare hands, who got the lucky pleasure of tearing her from limb to limb, while laughing hysterically?"

"Well it would have been Warlord Teloch." Enrique says. "By he tried to take her alive for some reason. Lydia chopped her head off with a Silvia fireblade."

Just now, Rakawan said:

"Well it would have been Warlord Teloch." Enrique says. "By he tried to take her alive for some reason. Lydia chopped her head off with a Silvia fireblade."

*He Grunts* "Is there a way, to, I don't kown, build up a simulation so, both of us can get the satisfaction of beating her to death?" *He Sighs and rubs his face* "So, what's happned to the base?"

2 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He Grunts* "Is there a way, to, I don't kown, build up a simulation so, both of us can get the satisfaction of beating her to death?" *He Sighs and rubs his face* "So, what's happned to the base?"

"Ryoko jumped it through the void." He says. "Meridian is working on clearing it out now. Dirge said he may assign one of us as a liaison." 

The way he gestures makes it apparent that "us" includes you and Sam. At least for the time being. 

Edited by Rakawan

Just now, Rakawan said:

"Ryoko jumped it through the void." He says. "Meridian is working on clearing it out now. Dirge said he may assign one of us as a liaison." 

The way he gestures makes it apparent that "us" includes you and Sam. At least for the time being. 

*Zaeed pauses* "Hold on!, you GAVE the base to the god damm Steel Meridien!?/" *He suddenly says* "What Genius tought of that idea?"