The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

6 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

- snip -

Alice's eyes widened as much as her jaw opened, but soon switched to a ear touching smile. "Haven't had a mass cooking for a long time! This is gonna be FUN!"

Half of the server Ospreys changed course to the kitchen, getting to work on the ordered burgers. This would obviously take a while...

"You sure you can pay for them?"

1 minute ago, Denny2669 said:

Alice's eyes widened as much as her jaw opened, but soon switched to a ear touching smile. "Haven't had a mass cooking for a long time! This is gonna be FUN!"

Half of the server Ospreys changed course to the kitchen, getting to work on the ordered burgers. This would obviously take a while...

"You sure you can pay for them?"

"As leader and founder of the Anti-Clarice Sanders Coaliion, I give you my word we will not only pay for every burger, but will finish every last one."

From the conversations that follow you find out that the woman is a ardent vegan health-nut and that her "scathing reviews" are treated as nothing less than divine marks of approval among the meat-loving population. 

13 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

She is listening intently.

"So what is he paying you?" She asks Enrique, winking at you.

"Who said paying?" He asks. "I just said it was lucrative."

*He folds his arms* "Well, training chuold do me good, but..I'm sure what ever offer, you have gotten, I can certainly give you a better one"

Just now, -Platinum- said:

*He folds his arms* "Well, training chuold do me good, but..I'm sure what ever offer, you have gotten, I can certainly give you a better one"

"It's not that cut and dry." He says. "But I could use some extra dough."

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"It's not that cut and dry." He says. "But I could use some extra dough."

*He Smiles and clamps his hands together* "Ahh, I see, my friend, and how much are you are you in-need of, Credits and Ducats are my speciality, I kown you Wraiths don't take Primed gear, but perhas the rare Platinum, whuold suffice too, name your price, sir and it shell be" 

12 hours ago, Rakawan said:

She nods.

"I will have Simon get to work on the comms." She says. "Alan was hoping to give you a tour. I though I'd leave that to him. Being a leader often leaves little time for old friends."

He nodded "Indeed that would be great. With that revelry raging on the streets, I doubt we'd cause any commotion"

"I'll be waiting for him at the docking bay"

Edited by Teloch

3 hours ago, Teloch said:

He nodded "Indeed that would be great. With that revelry raging on the streets, I doubt we'd cause any commotion"

"I'll be waiting for him at the docking bay"

"That is awfully long walk for an old man." Alan says from behind you. "Why not just meet here?"

On 02.12.2016 at 11:29 PM, Rakawan said:

"Sure." She says. "That way I can prep the labs. So many things things to do, so little time."

"Among artifacts, the first thing that will definitely snatch your attention is what we suppose to be a retaining seat. Some of our operatives identified it so, recalling their experience, and the amount of measuring, safety, and other subsystems approves this theory. Another intriguing bit is a crystalline fragment. We are not sure if its a shard of the void radiation filter or a piece of some emitting device, but it was definitely purposed to manipulate the particles. There is also a mineral-like fragment that we suppose to be a part of a stasis field device. Beyond that, there is an archive of reports, emails, check, waybills, and other official and unofficial documents that mention various aspects of the conversion stations work process. I guess you might find something intriguing and useful in there"

15 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

"Lovely! Let's get to work!" while Alice was turning towards the kitchen, she stopped to look at Rip "Wanna help me, honey?"

"Of course, dear." He says. Marie grabs a handful of napkins and begins bringing them to the tables.

Just now, Teloch said:

"Among artifacts, the first thing that will definitely snatch your attention is what we suppose to be a retaining seat. Some of our operatives identified it so, recalling their experience, and the amount of measuring, safety, and other subsystems approves this theory. Another intriguing bit is a crystalline fragment. We are not sure if its a shard of the void radiation filter or a piece of some emitting device, but it was definitely purposed to manipulate the particles. There is also a mineral-like fragment that we suppose to be a part of a stasis field device. Beyond that, there is an archive of reports, emails, check, waybills, and other official and unofficial documents that mention various aspects of the conversion stations work process. I guess you might find something intriguing and useful in there"

"Excellent." She says. "Hopefully Ryoko has the Lua facility up and running soon. We're hoping to move operations there."

6 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Excellent." She says. "Hopefully Ryoko has the Lua facility up and running soon. We're hoping to move operations there."

"That's... quite bold. Can already imagine all the fuss with the constant sentients raids"

4 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"That's... quite bold. Can already imagine all the fuss with the constant sentients raids"

She smiles.

"We have a solution to that." She says. "Void shields. Kinda like a nullified bubble and bug zapper. Harmless unless you stick your arm in it. Gotta get a running start before passing through, but strong enough to fry the Sentient before they can cross."

She steers around an outcropping of rock.

"Safe on the inside." She says. "At least from wheat we know. Humans have small scale nullifier shields woven into their armor to help protect them. We've detected no void energy on the inside of the bubble."

Edited by Rakawan

19 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"That is awfully long walk for an old man." Alan says from behind you. "Why not just meet here?"

He turned around

"Ah quit it, ye fox-hound. A man is but as old as he allows himself to be. And looking at the way youngsters behave, I doubt we'd be privileged to grow sluggish anytime soon" 

Edited by Teloch
Fixed

Just now, Teloch said:

He turned around

"Ah quit it, ye fox-hound. A man is but as old as he allows himself to be. And looking at the way youngsters behave, I doubt we'd be privileged to grow sloppy anytime soon" 

"I've allowed myself to be ancient." He says. "And these whippersnappers still bug me."

He leans on his cane.

"But with the celebrations they've all gone to get drunk and make out, so I actually have time for old friends and tours."

15 hours ago, -Platinum- said:

*He Smiles and clamps his hands together* "Ahh, I see, my friend, and how much are you are you in-need of, Credits and Ducats are my speciality, I kown you Wraiths don't take Primed gear, but perhas the rare Platinum, whuold suffice too, name your price, sir and it shell be" 

((Boop!))

14 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"I've allowed myself to be ancient." He says. "And these whippersnappers still bug me."

He leans on his cane.

"But with the celebrations they've all gone to get drunk and make out, so I actually have time for old friends and tours."

"I'd say half of my men dream of the civil life in their wet dreams and all of them muse about it now and then, so I need more intel on how local tenno are doing before addressing my troops on this topic" he said, "Let's roll?"

Just now, Teloch said:

"I'd say half of my men dream of the civil life in their wet dreams and all of them muse about it now and then, so I need more intel on how local tenno are doing before addressing my troops on this topic" he said, "Let's roll?"

"Roll out." Alan says. 

He leads you into the streets. They are packed with revelries seeking access to bars and restaurants.

16 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Roll out." Alan says. 

He leads you into the streets. They are packed with revelries seeking access to bars and restaurants.

It was a good thing the crowds were too busy seeking for merriment to pay much attention to a heavyweight, who earned one of his wartime nicknames because of multiple similarities with a mythological demon. Given the fact that he read the reports mentioning locals acting weird toward tenno, that was a relief. An idea resonated in his mind.

"I heard that the local human population still didn't fully acclimatize to neighboring our sub-species. Yet, I see they've forgotten their anxiety at least for today. If I were one of the local authorities, I would suggest making this day an official holiday to promote the comradeship. Not enough to overcome the threatening tendency of growing xenophobia, but still..."

Edited by Teloch

Just now, Teloch said:

It was a good thing the crowds were too busy seeking for merriment to pay much attention to a heavyweight, who earned one of his wartime nicknames because of multiple similarities with a mythological demon. Given the fact that he read the reports mentioning locals acting weird toward tenno, that was a relief. This idea resonated in his mind.

"I heard that the local human population still didn't fully acclimatize to neighboring our sub-species. Yet, I see they've forgotten their anxiety at least for today. If I were one of the local authorities, I would suggest making this day an official holiday to promote the comradeship. Not enough to overcome the threatening tendency of growing xenophobia, but still..."

"People get along better than it seems." Alan says. "But that's mostly because we Tenno mind our business and they mind theirs. Thy are used to seeing Tenno, it's speaking to one, or inviting one over for dinner that is much less common."

You do notice that the humans give you a wide berth. And several that do acknowledge your presence do so with respectful, but formal, bows.

"The Council fell apart." Alan says. "Just like you said it would. Too many people wanting too much power. We spent more One revising the code and making power plays, than actually helping eachother."

23 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Giving up already?" He asks. "Use your head, trader. I've already given you half the clues."

"Hah, giveing up?, just warming up.." *He scratches his head* "Oh I have to ask, Where did you go Sam, after I tried to help you?, Drige told me, he found my frame on the floor, and had to send it back, its damaged tho.."