The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

23 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Our clan calls us non combatants." Sara says. Kira still stares as if trying to read you. "Some call us cowards..."

Fracnis clenches hisnfist at this remark.

"But what hey seem to forget is that none of us had a choice during the Empire." She continues. "All Tenno where weapons. So when we finally got the chance we chose to do something different."

She has a sweet and gentle voice, albeit one filled with excitement.

Outside the Kavat circles around and bats at Baast's tail. It seems to be a very young Kavat, almost still a kitten. It crouches down, gen bats her tail again, and scuttles back, as if trying to bait her into playing.

Back inside Sara continues.

"We both teach at the school." She says. "Mostly human children, but there are a few younger Tenno who are studying for degrees."

She ships her drink.

"It's nice nrnto have to worry about constant attacks." She says. "We both have a large stockpile of credits and resources from the first few years so we don't really want to for anything."

"Have you ever been married, Warlord?" Kira asks suddenly. 

Baast kept her noble self-control, but eventually stroke the youngster with her tail, like a parent who would try to calm down a hyperactive child.

Teloch listened to the story attentively, and his mimics softened at some mentions. By the time the energetic youngling mentioned her and her  supposed sister's occupation, he grinned slightly, like a wise grandfather listening to the troubled younger generations, but the sudden question momentarily wiped that smile.

He frowned, slightly straightened, his eyes flared up with sinister red for a short moment, and the present tenno could feel a short heatwave rushing from him with their innards. "Excuse me?" he asked in a tone that was still serious but now less favorable. It's hard to tell if he was offended by the sudden breach of his privacy, by the question itself, or if Kira pricked something she really should not have...

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

Baast kept her noble self-control, but eventually stroke the youngster with her tail, like a parent who would try to calm down a hyperactive child.

Teloch listened to the story attentively, and his mimics softened at some mentions. By the time the energetic youngling mentioned her and her  supposed sister's occupation, he grinned slightly, like a wise grandfather listening to the troubled younger generations, but the sudden question momentarily wiped that smile.

He frowned, slightly straightened, his eyes flared up with sinister red for a short moment, and the present tenno could feel a short heatwave rushing from him with their innards. "Excuse me?" he asked in a tone that was still serious but now less favorable. It's hard to tell if he was offended by the sudden breach of his privacy, by the question itself, or if Kira pricked something she really should not have...

"I was." Kira says. "Until I found an orphan child. A human. I decided to adopt him. And my husband decided I was no longer someone he wanted to protect."

She meets your gaze.

"We..." She motions to herself and Sara. "Chose to fight a different battle. And for that we are regarded as cowards, as deserters. No matter how comfortable our lives we have to live knowing that there are those who believe we made a mistake."

Outside the kitten rolls on its stomach and bats at Baast's tail as if it where a string toy.

Edited by Rakawan

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

"I was." Kira says. "Until I found an orphan child. A human. I decided to adopt him. And my husband decided I was no longer someone he wanted to protect."

She meets your gaze.

"We..." She motions to herself and Sara. "Hose to fight a different battle. And for that we are regarded as cowards, as deserters. No matter how comfortable our lives we have to live knowing that there are those who believe we made a mistake."

He calmed down as Kira decided against pursuing the question. A slight note of understanding flashed on his face as he relaxed again.

"As someone who seen little else but a permanent war since the weeks they found out how to use the tenno and as an actual combat general, I will say that you did right. Soldiers and humanitarians are different sides of the same coin: the former dedicate themselves to keep generations from threats physically, while the latter find purpose in keeping others souls from ever-present harm and savagery. Each of the little sparklings you donate your time and efforts to is a universe on itself and a future to everyone of us. Filling them with light is just as hard and honorable as keeping them secure. You decide the future we are fighting for, giving sense to our efforts. It is you who should have pity for those thinking that all tenno is but weapons, for they have opted to reduce themselves to mere tools with a singular purpose, hiding from the much broader responsibilities and challenges. And if the ex-husband of yours abandoned you because of your desire to secure the future that may come, then I will say he is not a soldier and has never been one at the first place, and you definitely deserved someone better"

"The reason why am I here - listening to your status and concerns - there is a real value to what you are doing, and I need you to stay productive at what you do best. That is why I am asking you how can we be of help" he adjusted his tone that they could understand the whole seriousness of his motives, "financial or informational help, connections with the third parties, patronage. Tell me what is needed in your opinion to help to promote civilian tenno communities and roles"

Edited by Teloch

55 minutes ago, Teloch said:

He calmed down as Kira decided against pursuing the question. A slight note of understanding flashed on his face as he relaxed again.

"As someone who seen little else but a permanent war since the weeks they found out how to use the tenno and as an actual combat general, I will say that you did right. Soldiers and humanitarians are different sides of the same coin: the former dedicate themselves to keep generations from threats physically, while the latter find purpose in keeping others souls from ever-present harm and savagery. Each of the little sparklings you donate your time and efforts to is a universe on itself and a future to everyone of us. Filling them with light is just as hard and honorable as keeping them secure. You decide the future we are fighting for, giving sense to our efforts. It is you who should have pity for those thinking that all tenno is but weapons, for they have opted to reduce themselves to mere tools with a singular purpose, hiding from the much broader responsibilities and challenges. And if the ex-husband of yours abandoned you because of your desire to secure the future that may come, then I will say he is not a soldier and has never been one at the first place, and you definitely deserved someone better"

"The reason why am I here - listening to your status and concerns - there is a real value to what you are doing, and I need you to stay productive at what you do best. That is why I am asking you how can we be of help" he adjusted his tone that they could understand the whole seriousness of his motives, "financial or informational help, connections with the third parties, patronage. Tell me what is needed in your opinion to help to promote civilian tenno communities and roles"

"Pick up this village and drop it Into the Capitol." Kira says. 

"Not literally." Says says. "The shockwave would kill hundreds. But integrating the communities more would certainly help. It will take a lot longer for humans to invite Tenno over for dinner if the Tenno live miles away."

"It made sense after the revelations on Lua." Kira said. "We did not know how to control our powers. We couldn't risk setting off a fire wave in the market."

1 hour ago, Denny2669 said:

"Maybe more, maybe less, only time will tell~"
A considerable amount of the burgers was made, but still not close to the end.

Rip flips over a burger.

"Should be good for sales." He says. "May need to go hunting after this, though. Bag a few behemoths."

Edited by Rakawan

4 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"And Zaeed." She says as you leave. "Thank you."

She falls asleep soon after. Enrique's words ringing through her mind.

A soft knock sounded and Richard peered around the edge of the doorway.  If she was asleep, he'd come back later.  Darrin knows she needs all the sleep she can get, he thought.

Just now, Yzjdriel said:

A soft knock sounded and Richard peered around the edge of the doorway.  If she was asleep, he'd come back later.  Darrin knows she needs all the sleep she can get, he thought.

Sam is musing over a holo-pad, tracing something.

27 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Rip flips over a burger.

"Should be good for sales." He says. "May need to go hunting after this, though. Bag a few behemoths."

"I'd love to join you, but someone's gotta take care of your little mosquito."

Alice flips her burger.

33 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard knocked again, a little louder this time, and moved to lean on the side of the door frame.

The holo-pad swaps from a picture of Zaeed to a written record of what Enrique said.

"Come in." She says.

14 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"I don't know." He says. "I mean it's about time she got a kill."

Alice stopped for a second "Really? I mean, she surely should, but... some education would be nice. And something smaller to kill, like a lizard." she continued cooking.

11 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"Pick up this village and drop it Into the Capitol." Kira says. 

"Not literally." Says says. "The shockwave would kill hundreds. But integrating the communities more would certainly help. It will take a lot longer for humans to invite Tenno over for dinner if the Tenno live miles away."

"It made sense after the revelations on Lua." Kira said. "We did not know how to control our powers. We couldn't risk setting off a fire wave in the market."

He shook his head on the youngsters chipper. How come they think he would understand them literally? But in any case, he received quite an important hint: the local interspecies interactions seemed to be mostly absent or, what is more likely, in the sprout state. It seems like this colony needs more points of contact between tenno and human populace. He did not know all of the possible ways to generate them, but he knew someone who does as well as a number of groups preoccupied in this field. 

"A certain vacuum in cooperation that leads to the soft iteration of apartheid and wasted potential as a result. Noted," he said, "One of my colleagues may have a set of ideas on how to approach this issue, but what I can say for sure is that today a window of opportunities was opened, and we appear to have the needed resources and conditions to kick off a number of promising social and economic projects..." For a number of moments, it seemed that Siger's mind entered the intense calculation and modeling mode, permitting little if any reactions to exterior stimuli. Then, he barely mumbled something indistinguishable and returned back to the real world. 

"Any type of support that your particular school needs? Funding, studying materials donations, volunteers?"

Edited by Teloch

4 hours ago, Teloch said:

He shook his head on the youngsters chipper. How come they think he would understand them literally? But in any case, he received quite an important hint: the local interspecies interactions seemed to be mostly absent or, what is more likely, in the sprout state. It seems like this colony needs more points of contact between tenno and human populace. He did not know all of the possible ways to generate them, but he knew someone who does as well as a number of groups preoccupied in this field. 

"A certain vacuum in cooperation that leads to the soft iteration of apartheid and wasted potential as a result. Noted," he said, "One of my colleagues may have a set of ideas on how to approach this issue, but what I can say for sure is that today a window of opportunities was opened, and we appear to have the needed resources and conditions to kick off a number of promising social and economic projects..." For a number of moments, it seemed that Siger's mind entered the intense calculation and modeling mode, permitting little if any reactions to exterior stimuli. Then, he barely mumbled something indistinguishable and returned back to the real world. 

"Any type of support that your particular school needs? Funding, studying materials donations, volunteers?"

"Textbooks." Kira says. "We have all the tech we need, but without manuals I teach from we are left to rely on scavenged materials. The children learn Orokin math, Corpus letters, and their gym is toned down Grineer exercises. We get the occasional primer from the moon facilities, but deciphering those takes longer than teaching them."

"Partially we suffer from a lack of culture." Sara says. "That is the biggest divide between groups. If we are to unite then the humans must either adpot Tenno culture, or the Tenno must adopt human culture. Until then we will literally be living in two separate worlds. once we know which culture we can draw teaching material from what is relevant."

14 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

Alice stopped for a second "Really? I mean, she surely should, but... some education would be nice. And something smaller to kill, like a lizard." she continued cooking.

"Maybe." He says. "I don't recall what my first kill was. I do remember my father being so proud."

Just now, Denny2669 said:

Alice sliced some meat for a burger "What was your father like?"

"Gone a lot." Rip says. "Once my brother was old enough to walk he took him away, never saw either again. Only memories I have are him being happy I killed something or, knowing him, someone. And this strange symbol."

On 06.12.2016 at 2:30 PM, Rakawan said:

She smiles.

"We have a solution to that." She says. "Void shields. Kinda like a nullified bubble and bug zapper. Harmless unless you stick your arm in it. Gotta get a running start before passing through, but strong enough to fry the Sentient before they can cross."

She steers around an outcropping of rock.

"Safe on the inside." She says. "At least from wheat we know. Humans have small scale nullifier shields woven into their armor to help protect them. We've detected no void energy on the inside of the bubble."

"Sounds like someone is already looking for the opportunity. I hope it does not hinder your... you know... other plans"