The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Do you think you could speak to him?" she asks. "Convince him to find something else to do? I'm afraid of what will happen if he keeps butting heads with Dirge."

"I'm sure I could find an excuse to talk to him.  He is a trader, after all."  He chuckled slightly.  "Don't worry, though.  If he's important to you then he'll survive.  He's on my planet, after all.  That means he's my charge."

Sara looked at Kira.

"He was nice." She says.

"No." Kira says. "Besides Enrique and I are..."

"Unofficial." Sara says. "If he's not going to get serious you should find someone who will."

Kira shakes her head.

"You saw how he froze when I asked it he had been married." She says. "There's a story there."

Sara shakes her head.

"Fine." She says. "I'll ask him about it."

Kira shrugs.

"Your funeral." She says. 

"Oh Francis could take him." She says. 

"I'd much rather not." He says. "I don't like fighting kin. Brings back bad memories."

The hut falls silent.

1 minute ago, Yzjdriel said:

"I'm sure I could find an excuse to talk to him.  He is a trader, after all."  He chuckled slightly.  "Don't worry, though.  If he's important to you then he'll survive.  He's on my planet, after all.  That means he's my charge."

She sighs.

"Do you think I can do it?" She asks. "Be a Wraith, that is?"

14 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

((Why do you call them Prinn?))

"I don't see any reason for you to apologize to those people.  You haven't done anything wrong.  Yet, you misunderstand.  Steel Meridian is not our enemy.  The Grineer Empire is our enemy.  No one in Steel Meridian is a part of the Grineer Empire:  they're actively fighting to destroy it.  We simply wish they wouldn't use such tainted methods to accomplish their goal."

(( Sry, just short to say))

*He nods* "That is a good point, and yes I kown they are, and infact they do have such tainted ways, and this is why I'm aginest them, they are still grinner, yet if they are not the enemy, then why do they attack us?"

1 minute ago, -Platinum- said:

(( Sry, just short to say))

*He nods* "That is a good point, and yes I kown they are, and infact they do have such tainted ways, and this is why I'm aginest them, they are still grinner, yet if they are not the enemy, then why do they attack us?"

"They attack you," Amaryn corrected sharply.  "If they ever attacked New Loka directly it would mean all-out war between the Syndicates."

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

"I like the challenge." She says. "But I don't know if I'd fit in. All this cloak and dagger stuff. I don't want to spend my life making everyone afraid of me and hiding secrets."

"Then I suppose you should decide whether or not you WANT to do it before worrying about whether you CAN."  He paused.  "I won't lie to you, the Wraiths are a bunch of hardasses.  But if you're looking for validation from me, you've already earned that.  You earned that when I told you we were done training."

"They attack you," Amaryn corrected sharply.  "If they ever attacked New Loka directly it would mean all-out war between the Syndicates."

*His eyes look sad* "Sorry, Yes, but if I go to them to sease their attack, that means I;'ll have to allie with them, and if I do that I;ll lose my place here,and I don't want that, I need to find a-way and hell I got insulted for being here, calling me blind and I don;t see their way" 

"Then I suppose you should decide whether or not you WANT to do it before worrying about whether you CAN."  He paused.  "I won't lie to you, the Wraiths are a bunch of hardasses.  But if you're looking for validation from me, you've already earned that.  You earned that when I told you we were done training."

"I leant do you think I can be that person that everyone hates." She says. "The woman with secrets she'll take to her grave. Who wouldn't hesitate to kill something just for her reputation. Can you really see me being that sort of person?"

Just now, -Platinum- said:

*His eyes look sad* "Sorry, Yes, but if I go to them to cease their attack, that means I;'ll have to ally with them, and if I do that I'll lose my place here, and I don't want that; I need to find a way - hell, I got insulted for being here, told me I'm 'blind' and I 'don't see their way'." 

"Don't think so little of them, Tenno.  I don't see any reason why they shouldn't ignore you now that you're on Phenix, and after General Darrin arranged for them to retrieve you no less."

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"I meant do you think I can be that person that everyone hates." She says. "The woman with secrets she'll take to her grave. Who wouldn't hesitate to kill something just for her reputation. Can you really see me being that sort of person?"

Richard sat up straight and folded his hands under his chin.  "Name one Wraith that everyone hates."

"What about his brother?"

"Not hatred." She says. "But people don't look to the Wraiths as paragons. They look to them as killers. I don't know if I want that sort of life."

Edited by Rakawan

2 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"Don't think so little of them, Tenno.  I don't see any reason why they shouldn't ignore you now that you're on Phenix, and after General Darrin arranged for them to retrieve you no less."

*He Smiles* "Yeah, they did and well to be honest I shuold thank them for that, maybe I'm just blind, by my own hate, about genetic tamping and what they did to our home, but yeah" *He looks over to the side* "Thank You.." 

Just now, Rakawan said:

"Not hatred." She says. "But people don't look to the Wraiths as paragons. They look to them as killers. I don't know if I want that sort of life."

"That depends on how you want to live.  Personally, I don't mind if I'm hated, so long as not everyone hates me.  I can take being an outcast from Red Veil, because I have a home in New Loka.  Darrin doesn't care if the whole UNIVERSE hates him, so long as the people he cares for are safe."

2 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He Smiles* "Yeah, they did and well to be honest I should thank them for that, maybe I'm just blind, by my own hate, about genetic tamping and what they did to our home, but yeah" *He looks over to the side* "Thank You.." 

"We are struggling together, after all.  I may not agree with any of their methods, but I won't lie and say I don't like their results.  The Kweens are dead.  That's a victory for all of us."

45 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

He and the others have dragged together the remaining tables to extend out of the restaurant.

"Just start handing em out and we'll pass em along." He says.

"Alrighty!" Alice replied, handing out the burgers with the help of her Ospreys.

17 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"We are struggling together, after all.  I may not agree with any of their methods, but I won't lie and say I don't like their results.  The Kweens are dead.  That's a victory for all of us."

*Zaeed nods* "Yeah, I can agree with that, well, thank you Amaryn, I'll contact you agien, if I need help, oh and that reminds me, I sent a batch of Seeds over, that I found, while I was on a mission, hope they are some use for you" 

15 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

"Alrighty!" Alice replied, handing out the burgers with the help of her Ospreys.

There are several more burgers than people. They pile the remaining ones in platters at intervals.

The man hands you a credit block.

"This should cover it." He says. "Keep any change."

There is quite a bit of "change", nearly enough for another two hundred burgers at least.

"Tell me?" He asks. "Do you do catering for themed parties?"

15 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

"That depends on how you want to live.  Personally, I don't mind if I'm hated, so long as not everyone hates me.  I can take being an outcast from Red Veil, because I have a home in New Loka.  Darrin doesn't care if the whole UNIVERSE hates him, so long as the people he cares for are safe."

"I want to be like then, but a nicer them. Someone people look up to." She says. "I don't want to end up like Dirge, bitter and full of hate."