The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

Suddenly, close by, a swirling rift opens up on the wall above. In it's surface, a shimmering reflection of . . . somewhere is displayed. As quick as it arrived, it spits out a silhouette of something that skids across the floor and thuds against the far wall audibly before promptly slamming shut with an audible thunderclap. All is still afterwards.

Edited by Unus

On 07.12.2016 at 10:17 PM, Rakawan said:

He coughs as you slap on on the back. 

"Easy there big fella." He says. "I'm not as spry as I used to be."

He nods he others farewell and steps outside. 

You find him drawing a circle of golden energy in the ground. 

"I think we've done quite a bit of long distance walking." He says. "Why don't you let me show you a new trick I've picked up."

He motions for you and Baast to step into the circle.

Siger was more surprised than amazed about this little trickery, "If this street magic of yours would throw back into the days of the great Martian up-and-downer, I will ensure to haunt you in nightmares evermore" he joked off.

He grabbed his pet, who, in the meantime, pretended that teleportation should wait because a kitten urgently needed even more licking. The kavat even tried to wriggle a bit, wildly flailing her paws in protest, but she knew that it wouldn't help the situation much beyond mending her wounded pride. 

The heavy put the grumpy cat under his arm and stepped into the circle. 

Edited by Teloch

3 hours ago, Teloch said:

Siger was more surprised than amazed about this little trickery, "If this street magic of yours would throw back into the days of the great Martian up-and-downer, I will ensure to haunt you in nightmares evermore" he joked off.

He grabbed his pet, who, in the meantime, pretended that teleportation should wait because a kitten urgently needed even more licking. The kavat even tried to wriggle a bit, wildly flailing her paws in protest, but she knew that it wouldn't help the situation much beyond mending her wounded pride. 

The heavy put the grumpy cat under his arm and stepped into the circle. 

The kitten bats at the circle, yowling as the light grows. Then at the last moment it jumps into the circle.

The light deposits you in a courtyard. 

A single Excalibur is practicing Kata. Another figure, a Nekros Prime, stands at the entrance. He radiates power, and holds a strange spear, the prongs made from Nikana blades.

"Warlord Teloch, Master Alan." He says. "Welcome to the Monastary."

8 hours ago, Unus said:

Suddenly, close by, a swirling rift opens up on the wall above. In it's surface, a shimmering reflection of . . . somewhere is displayed. As quick as it arrived, it spits out a silhouette of something that skids across the floor and thuds against the far wall audibly before promptly slamming shut with an audible thunderclap. All is still afterwards.

Thomas held his orvius at the ready as he approached the figure. 

"Command unidentified portal has distributed an unknown object." He says. "Investigating now."

Edited by Rakawan

15 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

"Yes we do kind sir!" Alice replied with cheeriness flowing all over her face.

"What about.... darker themed parties." He says. "Like Halloween and maybe a celebration about the ancient ritual of slaughtering cows for steak?"

He seems very hesitant to ask.

15 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The kitten bats at the circle, yowling as the light grows. Then at the last moment it jumps into the circle.

The light deposits you in a courtyard. 

A single Excalibur is practicing Kata. Another figure, a Nekros Prime, stands at the entrance. He radiates power, and holds a strange spear, the prongs made from Nikana blades.

"Warlord Teloch, Master Alan." He says. "Welcome to the Monastary."

Teloch put the feline down and politely half-bowed

"Tak, I assume?"

Edited by Teloch

6 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Teloch put the feline down and politely half-bowed

"Tak, I assume?"

The Grandmaster  returns the bow then tilts his head.

"Thw void is strong within you." He says. "You would make a fine Keeper."

From Alan's reaction you can infer this has not happened before.

"Perhaps as caretaker of it, you would come to admit that the Tenno do have a culture, however shrouded in mystery it may be." He says. "Come in, the hearth is warm and the night has begun to chill."

35 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The Grandmaster  returns the bow then tilts his head.

"Thw void is strong within you." He says. "You would make a fine Keeper."

From Alan's reaction you can infer this has not happened before.

"Perhaps as caretaker of it, you would come to admit that the Tenno do have a culture, however shrouded in mystery it may be." He says. "Come in, the hearth is warm and the night has begun to chill."

He notices Alan's strange reaction and lightly nudges him below the shoulder, suggesting to follow to the monastery. 

"Yes, I was informed on your thoughts on the phenomenon of tenno culture. Even though our opinions differ, there are facts that imply the borrowed nature of what we claim to be our culture. The Sun and the Moon dichotomy, which we believe to be our own perception of our place in the universe, first emerged at the times when humanity did not know how to forge steel ((Tao, Taoism)). The concept of the pentahedral universe was begotten by humanity in the days of Han empire ((Wu-Xing)). What we call the tenno code, and consider it as the main rule to all tenno, is nothing but the reincarnation of knighthood doctrines that were employed ages before humankind tamed the power of electricity ((Bushido)). Most what we claim as ours, is part of the old ways, the nearly-forgotten ways of humankind"

Edited by Teloch

4 minutes ago, Teloch said:

He notices Alan's strange reaction and lightly nudges him below the shoulder, suggesting to follow to the monastery. 

"Yes, I was informed on your thoughts on the phenomenon of tenno culture. Even though our opinions differ, there are facts that imply the borrowed nature of what we claim to be our culture. The Sun and the Moon dichotomy, which we believe to be our own perception of our place in the universe, first emerged at the times when humanity did not know how to forge steel. The concept of the pentahedral universe was begotten by humanity at the days of Han empire. What we call the tenno code, and consider it as the main rule to all tenno, is nothing but the reincarnation of knighthood doctrines that were employed ages before humankind tamed the power of electricity. Most what we claim as ours, is part of the old ways, the ways of humankind"

Alan follows you inside. 

Shades roam the halls, but stop to bow to the group as they notice you.

"Borrowed, of course." Tak says. "After all 'There is nothing new under the sun.' But culture is a collection. True we borrow heavily from others, but each piece is incorporated into a whole."

He chuckles.

"Part of studying culture is he humbling realization that you are not the first to view something a particular way." He says. "The Keepers themselves draw inspiration from clerics and mediums of the old times. Like them we help create connections between this world and the one after. Sometimes knowing that there is a next step makes it easier to take."

The Kitten pounces through a shade, shaking its head in confusion when it meets no solid resistance. The shade beams down and pets it, then walks past.

21 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Alan follows you inside. 

Shades roam the halls, but stop to bow to the group as they notice you.

"Borrowed, of course." Tak says. "After all 'There is nothing new under the sun.' But culture is a collection. True we borrow heavily from others, but each piece is incorporated into a whole."

He chuckles.

"Part of studying culture is he humbling realization that you are not the first to view something a particular way." He says. "The Keepers themselves draw inspiration from clerics and mediums of the old times. Like them we help create connections between this world and the one after. Sometimes knowing that there is a next step makes it easier to take."

The Kitten pounces through a shade, shaking its head in confusion when it meets no solid resistance. The shade beams down and pets it, then walks past.

"And this is where the heart of the variance rests: we put different meanings into what is culture. Since our nature does not allow to renew our views with the flow of new generations and the circumstances we have to live in do not fully grant us with the homeostatic zone to generate our way of life, I subjectively find it hard to agree with us being in possession of own culture. But nevermind that; one has a right for their theories"

While the group walked forward, Teloch inspected a couple of specters on a move.

"My protegee and student told me much about this place and its purpose, but what interests me most right now is the educational function of the monastery. How many of those who seek to understand the ways there is? Is there a balance between the followers of the ways, or are some philosophies being more popular today than the others?"

Edited by Teloch

1 minute ago, Teloch said:

"And this is where the heart of the variance rests: we put different meanings into what is culture. Since our nature does not allow to renew our views with the flow of new generations and the circumstances we have to live in do not fully grant us with the homeostatic zone to generate our way of life, I subjectively find it hard to agree with us being in possession of own culture. But nevermind that; one has a right for their theories"

While the group walked forward, Teloch inspected a couple of specters on a move.

"My protegee and student told me much about this place and its purpose, but what interests me most right now is the educational function of the monastery. How many of those who seek to understand the ways there is? Is there a balance between the followers of the ways, or are some philosophies being more popular today than the others?"

"There is definite favoritism." He says. "Many of those who visit prefer Madurai. They find it the most useful in the field. Those who live on the village prefer Vazarin, for its focus on healing. The clan leaders like Darrin prefer Zenurik, for its focus on logistics. Unairu is often chosen by those who deem themselves Guardians. Naramon is the smallest group, limited to those who still value stealth."

He looks around.

"There are few Tenno who truly study the ways to understand them." He says. "Our most dedicated students are actually the initiates and human colonists seeking guidance. While they cannot use the void powers, they still draw inspiration from the approach each way advocates."

An initiate with strange shackles on his arms and legs walks past. Two Palantine Rhinos walk behind him.

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

Thomas held his orvius at the ready as he approached the figure. 

"Command unidentified portal has distributed an unknown object." He says. "Investigating now."

The "object" in question is roughly humanoid in shape, covered it seems in an elastic looking silvery grey material. From the vaguely transparent "facial" area, the odd dim glow of a set of orange "face-lights" sputters dimly. A somewhat rusted and rather (very rather) dented O2 tank breaks the uniformity of the silvery mass as it juts out of the back. Gently, the mass barely stirs.

"Dit (cough), dit we . . . mak it?"

The voice sounds like one speaking through a very antique radio, static and all.

1 minute ago, Unus said:

The "object" in question is roughly humanoid in shape, covered it seems in an elastic looking silvery grey material. From the vaguely transparent "facial" area, the odd dim glow of a set of orange "face-lights" sputters dimly. A somewhat rusted and rather (very rather) dented O2 tank breaks the uniformity of the silvery mass as it juts out of the back. Gently, the mass barely stirs.

"Dit (cough), dit we . . . mak it?"

The voice sounds like one speaking through a very antique radio, static and all.

"You are on Phenix if that was your goal." Thomas says. "Do you require assistance?"

Edited by Rakawan

"Phee. . . nix?" 

The mass slowly and drunkenly stirs into an upright position, takeing on the vague outline of a larger then average Warframe.

"Crime nevah thot(slow breath intake) he her dose wurds."

One of the masses' arms(?) reaches up towards the facial area and holds where the jaw would be. A pair of gill-like slits slowly form and the steady hiss of equalizing pressure can be heard.

"Huh. . . when was (long breath) lest tehm Crime breth (shorter breath) rel aire?"

It seems to turn in your direction. 

"Is thar. . . watah ner?"

Edited by Unus

On 07.12.2016 at 7:02 PM, Rakawan said:

She checks the last item off and hands you the list. Everything seems to be on order.

After checking everything, Therese spoke to Michelle, "Everything is clear and the bosses may be calm. We are not going to bother you further. Thank you for being cooperative and good evening"

After excusing herself she went to Ulf, who was still grinning stupidly, "Dismissed for today, you lucky butt. But don't you dare touch a bottle again or I swear I'll skin you myself... or hand you to colonel Wuzhong and accuse you of severe discipline violation"

Ulf's grin evaporated with the speed of a canary caught in a nuclear blast at the mention of possible higher superior's interference. He saluted grimly and walked to the town at rather high speed.

Therese also went to the city streets, but not as hastily as a kicked hound. She sure was proud of herself today. Therese walked the streets, observing the cheering crowds and increasing numbers of drunkards napping in bushes and couples tickling on park benches. It seemed like everyone was out today as if it was the biggest holiday of the year. Even though she still felt bad for not taking part in the assault, her mentor still acknowledged her contribution and the job well done. And in general, it was hard to stay grumpy in such celebrational atmosphere. She watched the stores, restaurants, and pubs slimmer with life. Eventually, her gaze stumbled on a woman fiddling with the gowns exposed at the showcase of the clothing store. Was it something about the modiste or about the store, but for a short moment her mind lost its focus.

Edited by Teloch

29 minutes ago, Unus said:

"Phee. . . nix?" 

The mass slowly and drunkenly stirs into an upright position, takeing on the vague outline of a larger then average Warframe.

"Crime nevah thot(slow breath intake) he her dose wurds."

One of the masses' arms(?) reaches up towards the facial area and holds where the jaw would be. A pair of gill-like slits slowly form and the steady hiss of equalizing pressure can be heard.

"Huh. . . when was (long breath) lest tehm Crime breth (shorter breath) rel aire?"

It seems to turn in your direction. 

"Is thar. . . watah ner?"

Thomas unclips and unscrews a flask and offers it to you.

23 minutes ago, Teloch said:

After checking everything, Therese spoke to Michelle, "Everything is clear and the bosses may be calm. We are not going to bother you further. Thank you for being cooperative and good evening"

After excusing herself she went to Ulf, who was still grinning stupidly, "Dismissed for today, you lucky butt. But don't you dare touch a bottle again or I swear I'll skin you myself... or hand you to colonel Wuzhong and accuse you of severe discipline violation"

Ulf's grin evaporated with the speed of a canary caught in a nuclear blast at the mention of possible higher superior's interference. He saluted grimly and walked to the town at rather high speed.

Therese also went to the city streets, but not as hastily as a kicked hound. She sure was proud of herself today. Therese walked the streets, observing the cheering crowds and increasing numbers of drunkards napping in bushes and couples tickling on park benches. It seemed like everyone was out today as if it was the biggest holiday of the year. Even though she still felt bad for not taking part in the assault, her mentor still acknowledged her contribution and the job well done. And in general, it was hard to stay grumpy in such celebrational atmosphere. She watched the stores, restaurants, and pubs slimmer with life. Eventually, her gaze stumbled on a woman fiddling with the gowns exposed at the showcase of the clothing store. Was it something about the modiste or about the store, but for a short moment her mind lost its focus.

The woman looks up and you recognize Laura, one of the old initiates. 

She quickly turns, hiding her face.

Edited by Rakawan

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The woman looks up and you recognize Laura, one of the old initiates. 

She quickly turns, hiding her face.

Wait... Is that?...

She entered the store, probably thinking of the same reason that made Laura come visit this facility too.

"Preparing for the event, are you?" she asked.

5 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Wait... Is that?...

She entered the store, probably thinking of the same reason that made Laura come visit this facility too.

"Preparing for the event, are you?" she asked.

Hands grab you and begin pressing dresses up to you.

"Hmm... too flashy, to revealing, to old fashined." An older woman says. "Hmm. Perhaps red..."

She grabs another dress and presses it against you. 

"Yes." She says. "This will do, just a few adjustments."

She moves towards the door, where a sewing kit and scissors are.

A hand pulls you into the center of the rack.

"Thank you so much." Laura hisses. "I was almost to the door when you just had to draw her attention."

Edited by Rakawan

2 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Hands grab you and begin pressing dresses up to you.

"Hmm... too flashy, to revealing, to old fashined." An older woman says. "Hmm. Perhaps red..."

She grabs another dress and presses it against you. 

"Yes." She says. "This will do, just a few adjustments."

She moves towards the door, where a sewing kit and scissors are.

A hand pulls you into the center of the rack.

"Thank you so much." Laura hisses. "I was almost to the door when you just had to draw her attention."

Despite Bloom's natural tendency to act maximally violent in sudden situations (and especially if someone or something grabs her), this particular one was too fast, too non-combative, too unexpected, and too... surrealistic? She even failed to make her amazement known when the ma'am shopkeeper put her stock against her. She whispered to Laura with her eyes round of confusion

"What is happening here and why does she act so strange?"

Edited by Teloch

7 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Despite Bloom's natural tendency to act maximally violent in sudden situations (and especially if someone or something grabs her), this particular one was too fast, too non-combative, too unexpected, and too... surrealistic? She even failed to make her amazement known when the ma'am shopkeeper put her stock against her. She whispered to Laura with her eyes round of confusion

"What is happening here and why does she act so strange?"

"She's insane." Laura whispers. "She just grabbed me off the street and started pushing dresses at me. I only got away by pretending to browse."

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"She's insane." Laura whispers. "She just grabbed me off the street and started pushing dresses at me. I only got away by pretending to browse."

Therese frowned as if aking "what?" and swiftly glanced on the supposedly crazy lady

"Did you try to tell her that you're just a passer-by and not interested in spending?" she whispered

8 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Therese frowned as if aking "what?" and swiftly glanced on the supposedly crazy lady

"Did you try to tell her that you're just a passer-by and not interested in spending?" she whispered

"Go ahead and try it." She hisses. "I'll be hiding in the next rack."

19 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Go ahead and try it." She hisses. "I'll be hiding in the next rack."

The share of "WTF?" on Blooms face increased as Laura carried an unexpected decision to hide in between the racks from a civilian. Even if the shop owner is a bit... strange, it is still not a reason to act as weirdly... right?

She turned around and approached the ma'am, "Excuse me, civilian. But it seems like some misunderstanding took place. It is not like I or the other miss came by with an intention to purchase..." she looked at the stock before finishing the phrase "... a dress"

Edited by Teloch

43 minutes ago, Teloch said:

The share of "WTF?" on Blooms face increased as Laura carried an unexpected decision to hide in between the racks from a civilian. Even if the shop owner is a bit... strange, it is still not a reason to act as weirdly... right?

She turned around and approached the ma'am, "Excuse me, civilian. But it seems like some misunderstanding took place. It is not like I or the other miss came by with an intention to purchase..." she looked at the stock before finishing the phrase "... a dress"

"Nonsense dearie." She says, shoving the adjusted dress up against you. "Every woman needs a good dress."

She clocks her tongue. 

"No no, the colors don't match just right..." She says and begins pulling dresses off the rack and compare them.