The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

3 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"Patience dearie, patience." she says. "I was getting to that."

She hands you another dress.

"Well I had my own young stallion I wanted to attract." She says. "Of course so did Millie Two shoes. We Calle duet that because most folk could only afford one pair of shoes. But she had two. Well she bought the fanciest dress we had. I wanted to 'adjust it' but my Nana told me to let it go. Said if I had to sabatoge someone else to get what I wanted, then it was beyond my grasp."

Later, Therese tried a couple of dresses. The first one was a short, black, pencil-like, and with a very... courageous cleavage. It made her look like a she-wolf on a prowl; the only things that separated her from such image were a decent number of scars flashing from all the uncovered zones and absence of a lady revolver hidden behind the stockings garter. The amount of paint on her cheeks stated that it was too hot for her tastes. Meanwhile, she continued to listen to the lady's story, finding out that she did manage to nab her chevalier, have some peaceful life, give birth to a daughter, and move to this colony. Alas, her suspicions were correct: her husband was killed during the raid and her daughter went missing. By the time she had to listen to the sad part of the story, she was trying on an expensive, sleeveless, burgundy red, qipao-like silken dress with intricate golden phoenix embroidered closer to the hem, formal collar, small tear-like cleavage, golden half-corset shaped as a pair of wings, and a pair of fitting long red gloves. Now that was a critical hit.

It was rather Bloom's kind side than the joy of finding a very qualitative purchase that made her show sympathy to the modiste. She gently stated that the ones she loved ain't going back but she still could find a meaning and companionship via adopting a journeyman to whom she could transfer her skills and wisdom. Having smaller colonies evacuated to the larger ones would certainly lead someone willing to master her craft to her doorstep. Even though she almost brought the lady to tears, she offered her a heartfelt hug and a promise that those whom she represents will see that the horrible day that took modiste's family will not reoccur ever again. 

After paying 250 platinum-worth bar to the shopkeeper, she left to her landing craft, where she spent the night

Holly watched the Tenno leave the dress shop and hesitated. She could hear her mother's angry words, her condemnation. 

She was right, or would be if Holly walked in and got the verbal tirade she deserved. Holly had not been there. She should have been. 

She wanted to walk in. But it was better her mother believed her dead, than knew the truth. That her daughter had survived, because she had not been there to defend her father.

She turned away as her mother closed up the store and climbed up the outside stairs to the apartment above.

No one had to know.

20 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Vatasblubber said:

"If I stop now I'll have to think and you saw what that did. So yes take me to my students."

Ares smiles.

"Technically they still have two hours of sleep before training starts." He says. "However I have never been a big fan of technicalities."

He presses a button.

Inside their rooms, their soundproof and very peaceful rooms, an alarm blares with ear splitting force. 

Samantha would see the door open and a muscular, and half naked, young man rhino charge out of one of the doors and straight into a wall. 

A small young woman darts past, only for Ares to catch he with his arm and turn her around. She darts back the way she came colliding with another young woman who tries to hurdle her, only to get tangled and fall to the ground.

Another young man, groomed and well-dressed in Tenno robes, steps out of his door, closes it gently, and stands at attention. Either he cannot hear the alarm, or simply doesn't care.

Are gestures to him.

"That is Tony." He says. "And apart from the fact he stabbed Cass during a history lesson, he is my favorite. So don't go easy on him."

He steps back.

"Recuits!" He bellows. "A few days ago I went on a date."

Shocked silence.

"That's right." He says, while they numbly stand up and organize. "You were all such a colossal failure that I had no choice but to speak openly and honestly to another human being."

The recruits had the look of children who were told that not only was Santa not real, but the coal in their stockings was "not exactly coal". Namely shock and horrified anticipation.

"Long story short she will be teaching you about capture missions." He says, then bows his head and clicks his tongue. "May God have mercy on what remnant she leaves of your souls. Now get dressed and meet your doom, I mean new teacher and I, in the simulacrum."

The recruits scramble and, in Tony's case, calmly walk, back into their rooms. You can hear the frantic scuffle of three of four of them rooting about for clothes. 

"This way, m'lady." Ares says, gesturing to a teleport pad.

Edited by Rakawan

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Ares smiles.

"Technically they still have two hours of sleep before training starts." He says. "However I have never been a big fan of technicalities."

He presses a button.

Inside their rooms, their soundproof and very peaceful rooms, an alarm blares with ear splitting force. 

Samantha would see the door open and a muscular, and half naked, young man rhino charge out of one of the doors and straight into a wall. 

A small young woman darts past, only for Ares to catch he with his arm and turn her around. She darts back the way she came colliding with another young woman who tries to hurdle her, only to get tangled and fall to the ground.

Another young man, groomed and well-dressed in Tenno robes, steps out of his door, closes it gently, and stands at attention. Either he cannot hear the alarm, or simply doesn't care.

Are gestures to him.

"That is Tony." He says. "And apart from the fact he stabbed Cass during a history lesson, he is my favorite. So don't go easy on him."

He steps back.

"Recuits!" He bellows. "A few days ago I went on a date."

Shocked silence.

"That's right." He says, while they numbly stand up and organize. "You were all such a colossal failure that I had no choice but to speak openly and honestly to another human being."

The recruits had the look of children who were told that not only was Santa not real, but the coal in their stockings was "not exactly coal". Namely shock and horrified anticipation.

"Long story short she will be teaching you about capture missions." He says, then bows his head and clicks his tongue. "May God have mercy on what remnant she leaves of your souls. Now get dressed and meet your doom, I mean new teacher and I, in the simulacrum."

The recruits scramble and, in Tony's case, calmly walk, back into their rooms. You can hear the frantic scuffle of three of four of them rooting about for clothes. 

"This way, m'lady." Ares says, gesturing to a teleport pad.

She follows and asks "How much do they know about transference? Oh, and also, do you have a Nyx prime i can borrow?"

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Vatasblubber said:

She follows and asks "How much do they know about transference? Oh, and also, do you have a Nyx prime i can borrow?"

"They will be using it for the rest." He says. "They where given a historical lesson and have already spent three sessions in it. So feel free to change the difficulty of the simulation."

He continues.

"The Simulcrum will generate a digital form for you upon entry." He says. "You can modify this to any warframe with any modifications."

He steps onto the pad.

"Simulacrum." He says. "Grant admin access to Samantha."

"Access granted." The pad says. "Transmitting."

You find yourself in a small room with an armory module.

"First time use detected." The computer says. "Please customize your digital presence."

6 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"They will be using it for the rest." He says. "They where given a historical lesson and have already spent three sessions in it. So feel free to change the difficulty of the simulation."

He continues.

"The Simulcrum will generate a digital form for you upon entry." He says. "You can modify this to any warframe with any modifications."

He steps onto the pad.

"Simulacrum." He says. "Grant admin access to Samantha."

"Access granted." The pad says. "Transmitting."

You find yourself in a small room with an armory module.

"First time use detected." The computer says. "Please customize your digital presence."

"Nyx prime with Athena skin using corpus colors. Orthos prime, Sonnacore prime, and Cernos prime. Pyra prime syandanta and Eos prime armor. Always followed by Hyena RS (The small one) at her side. Enter Corpus capture simulation." She says and waits for transport.

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Vatasblubber said:

"Nyx prime with Athena skin using corpus colors. Orthos prime, Sonnacore prime, and Cernos prime. Pyra prime syandanta and Eos prime armor. Always followed by Hyena RS (The small one) at her side. Enter Corpus capture simulation." She says and waits for transport.

"Error, Sonicor Prime. No weapon logs exist. Unable to fabricate weapon. Substituting standard variant instead."

You find yourself inside the described armor, carrying says weapons. A friendly Hyena RS is by your side. 

Ares spawns in, along with a ceramic coated wolf proxy.

The simulacrum creates the room commonly used as a infiltration starting point, and you can see it fill out the rest in the map HUD. 

"You may slow, pause, or rewind the simulation at any time." The computer says. "To begin say start."

The recruits begin to spawn on. Each wears the standard deluxe skin of their chosen warframe. All carry a matching Burston and Lex. Their melee weapons, however match their frames.

Edited by Rakawan

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Error, Sonicor Prime. No weapon logs exist. Unable to fabricate weapon. Substituting standard variant instead."

You find yourself inside the described armor, carrying says weapons. A friendly Hyena RS is by your side. 

Ares spawns in, along with a ceramic coated wolf proxy.

The simulacrum creates the room

commonly used as a infiltration starting point, and you can see it fill out the rest in the map HUD. 

"You may slow, pause, or rewind the simulation at any time." The computer says. "To begin say start."

Therecruiys begin to spawn on. Each wears the standard deluxe skin of their chosen warframe. All carry a matching Burston and Lex. Their melee weapons, however match their frames.

"Start sim" she walks to the wolf and pats it on the head. "How long till they find you usually?"

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Vatasblubber said:

"Start sim" she walks to the wolf and pats it on the head. "How long till they find you usually?"

The recruits simply stand there looking at you.

"Oh they don't have to find me." He says. "That would not be fair. No the simulation generates a target. Of course you could always override that and take the place of the target."

"Please do not do that." The wolf says politely. "I am not a pet."

The recruits simply stand there looking at you.

"Oh they don't have to find me." He says. "That would not be fair. No the simulation generates a target. Of course you could always override that and take the place of the target."

"Please do not do that." The wolf says politely. "I am not a pet."

"Oh okay" She sounds slightly disappointed. "Ok let's go then. What's the first step to finding a target?" She says while walking towards a door and opening it.

5 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Vatasblubber said:

"Oh okay" She sounds slightly disappointed. "Ok let's go then. What's the first step to finding a target?" She says while walking towards a door and opening it.

"Getting a scent?" The Rhino asks. 

"Here boy!" The Nova says, crouching and beckoning towards the wolf. 

"I will murder you." The wolf says evenly.

Tony raises his hand.

Edited by Rakawan

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Vatasblubber said:

"Yes tony?" She chuckled at the nova

"First you must review the weapons and armor of your target." He says. "Then you must determine whether you will chase, or ambush. Then you must locate and engage, or lure your target. Any target, even Tenno can be caught off-guard on the right circumstance."

Ares raises an eyebrow. 

"More eloquent than usual." He says. "Did you memorize the text."

"My. Father. Taught. Me." Tony says slowly, as if each word takes effort now. 

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

"First you must review the weapons and armor of your target." He says. "Then you must determine whether you will chase, or ambush. Then you must locate and engage, or lure your target. Any target, even Tenno can be caught off-guard on the right circumstance."

Ares raises an eyebrow. 

"More eloquent than usual." He says. "Did you memorize the text."

"My. Father. Taught. Me." Tony says slowly, as if each word takes effort now. 

Sam nudged Ares and gave him a look as if saying pull back "Very good Tony. What is your suggestion?"

Just now, (Xbox One)Vatasblubber said:

Sam nudged Ares and gave him a look as if saying pull back "Very good Tony. What is your suggestion?"

"Divide. And. Conquer." He says. "I. Will. Find. The. Target. You. Three. Distract. The. Guards."

He smokescreens and dashes off through the map.

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

"Divide. And. Conquer." He says. "I. Will. Find. The. Target. You. Three. Distract. The. Guards."

He smokescreens and dashes off through the map.

"Oh, boy the teamwork." She says in a sarcastic tone. She glances at the others "Well go on." Waving towards the door. Sam jumps into the vents and goes to the area above the target to watch.

10 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Vatasblubber said:

"Oh, boy the teamwork." She says in a sarcastic tone. She glances at the others "Well go on." Waving towards the door. Sam jumps into the vents and goes to the area above the target to watch.

Tony downs the target just as Seth, the Rhino, catches up to him.

"What the Hek, Tony!" He bellows. "I'm team leader."

Tony turns to him.

"You. Had. No. Plan." He says. 

The target looks up at them and slides a fraction of an inch away. None of them react.

"You didn't give me a chance to explain." Seth says. 

"Guys." Lucy says quietly. 

"Explain. What?" Tony asks, as the target inches away. "You. Said. Scent. We. Are. Not. Dogs."

Seth picks him up by the scruff of the neck as Maurice, the Zephyr, hurries over.

"Didn't your daddy ever teach you not to make fun of bigger guys?" He growls.

"Guys." Lucy, the nova, says again, pointing to the target. She is on the ground from a stray detron blast. 

"At least his father taught him something other than bullying." Maurice says. 

"Yeah about your daddy." Seth says. "What kind of freak reaches his son assassination and capture tactics."

"You. Think. I. Am. A. Traitor?" Tony asks.

"Guys!" Lucy screams and surges her revive system. She leaps up from the ground just as the target reaches the lockdown panel and hits the alarm. The doors close and lock. 

"Simulation failed." The computer says. "Target capture no longer possible within time limits."

Tony looks calm. Maurice's mouth is open. Lucy, her features contorted in rage, looks ready to murder someone. 

Seth is still glaring at Tony.

Edited by Rakawan

Tony downs the target just as Seth, the Rhino, catches up to him.

"What the Hek, Tony!" He bellows. "I'm team leader."

Tony turns to him.

"You. Had. No. Plan." He says. 

The target looks up at them and slides a fraction of an inch away. none of them react.

"You didn't give me a chance to explain." Seth says. 

"Guys." Lucy says quietly. 

"Explain. What?" Tony asks, as he target inches away. "You. Said. Scent. We. Are. Not. Dogs."

Seth picks him up by the scruff of the neck as Maurice, the zephyr, hurried over.

"Didn't your daddy ever teach you not to make fun of bigger guys?" He growls.

"Guys." Lucy, the nova, says again, pointing to the target. She is in the ground from a stray detron blast. 

"At least his father taught him something other than bullying." Maurice says. 

"Yeah about your daddy." Seth says. "What kind of freak reaches his son assassination and capture tactics."

"You. Think. I. Am. A. Traitor?" Tony asks.

"Guys!" Lucy screams and surges her revive system. She leaps up from the ground just as the target reaches the lockdown panel and hits the alarm. The doors close and lock. 

"Simulation failed." The computer says. "Target capture no longer possible within time limits."

Sam drops down jumps out of her warframe using transference and forces the two who are fighting out of their frames with the same power. "Calm down you two its just a sim!"

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Vatasblubber said:

Sam drops down jumps out of her warframe using transference and forces the two who are fighting out of their frames with the same power. "Calm down you two its just a sim!"

The only one calm is Tony. 

Lucy still looks ready to murder something. 

Seth is now glaring at you. 

"How dare you!" Maurice says turning to you. "You're just some..."

Cold sarcastic clapping echoes out.

"Well done." Ares says emotionlessly. "Well well done. And insulting your teacher at the end."

He claps slowly, his eyes bespeaking murder.

"Sych a wonderful example." He says quietly. "Give yourselves a hand."

No one breathes.

"No really." Ares says. "I insist."

His claps are like drums of doom.

Mauruce looks down and backs away from you, as does Tony.

The only one calm is Tony. 

Lucy still looks ready to murder something. 

Seth is now glaring at you. 

"How dare you!" Maurice says turning to you. "You're just some..."

Cold sarcastic clapping echoes out.

"Well done." Ares says emotionlessly. "Well well done. And insulting your teacher at the end."

He claps slowly, his eyes bespeaking murder.

"Sych a wonderful example." He says quietly. "Give yourselves a hand."

No one breathes.

"No really." Ares says. "I insist."

His claps are like drums of doom.

Mauruce looks down and backs away from you, as does Tony.

"No Ares I want to hear what Maurice has to say it seemed very important." Sam says with a maniacal tone 

She pushed Seth back "I'm sorry was I in your way Rhino." She says in a mocking tone

"And Lucy deep breath in deep breath out." 

2 hours ago, Rakawan said:

The details come on the next morning. 

"Steak, just steak. Nothing morbid." The message says. "Do this right and I will personally recommend you to my clan."

Rip is already awake and cooking breakfast.

Marie's room is unusually quiet.

Alice put the message away once she finished reading it, a smile plastered on her face. Her sleep was pretty calm, despite what she expected just the morning before.

This turn of events was the best that has happened to her in a long time, and made her love this planet even more.

She floated out her room, upstairs and noticed Rip cooking.

"Morning Muffin!"

11 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

Alice put the message away once she finished reading it, a smile plastered on her face. Her sleep was pretty calm, despite what she expected just the morning before.

This turn of events was the best that has happened to her in a long time, and made her love this planet even more.

She floated out her room, upstairs and noticed Rip cooking.

"Morning Muffin!"

"Muffin!" He exclaims, pecking you on the cheek. "I am a croissant, my sweet cheesecake."

38 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Vatasblubber said:

"No Ares I want to hear what Maurice has to say it seemed very important." Sam says with a maniacal tone 

She pushed Seth back "I'm sorry was I in your way Rhino." She says in a mocking tone

"And Lucy deep breath in deep breath out." 

None of them meet your gaze.

"I see why Cass gave up on you." Ares says. "Tenno are loyal to eachother, above all else. If you cannot do that you do not deserve the title."

Edited by Rakawan

12 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

None of them meet your gaze.

"I see why Cass gave up on you." Ares says. "Tenno are loyal to eachother, above all else. If you cannot do that you do not deserve the title."

"Now I may not seem like much but if one of you needs to fight me for me to prove myself go on." She steps back into her frame