The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

7 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"Studium in nocte." Tak replies.

Alan shows you to the quarters. They are comfortable, but spartan.

Siger bid Alan good night and prepared to have some rest. Although, it seemed like it was Baast who sought for rest since the heavy started to fiddle with his HUD, studying reports, data pieces, and intel for some time. When the pudgy feline was sleeping (and slightly snorting), it was little bit past midnight. Teloch still wasn't sleeping: he wasn't exhausted up to the degree when the night rest is dreamless and seeing dreams was something he largely disliked. Most people see pleasant things occasionally, like fabulous landscapes, heavenly sensations, or closeness to those significant others, but in his case, they were almost always inhabited by complex surrealistic scenes with apocalyptic tones that seemed to be formed out of his most darkest memories, by the burning eyes of the entity that welcomed him at the very womb of the void ages ago, and by the person that once managed to snatch him from the clutches of the above-mentioned entity - the person he lost and was desperately seeking for. He hated his dreams...

Being burdened with thoughts and schemes about various ventures, campaigns, operations, and issues, he went to find some water for his parched throat. On his way back, he stumbled upon a shade, although it would be more technically correct to say that the shade followed him until it gathered enough confidence to approach the old war hound. It introduced itself as a former soldier tenno that fought during the old war; it asked if he knows anything about its company's fate. Being a reliable tenno, he introduced himself straight, without hiding any details, and told everything he heard about the subject of inquiry. He realised his mistake when he was met by a dozen of other shades of dead veterans asking the same type of questions. In about fifteen minutes, there were almost three dozens of veteran shades seeking for news from the realm of the living. There was even a case when a dead inquired about the fate of its brother, who happened to be alive and well and serving in the cohorts of WTC high regulars. Teloch could swear that the shadow showed signs of authentic joy and relief, which contradicted sharply with the nature of the un-living memory imprint. The whole experience was weird: he often told his soldiers about the souls of deceased watching their comrades from beyond the veil of death and evaluating their deeds, but now, he himself was talking to the real dead. This cathedral of the deceased took some time to sort out and the rest of the time until the first morning rays he spent in meditation. 

When a half of the morning sun showed itself above the horizon, he was already practising exercises with his flamberge on the balcony, accompanied by his trusty kavat. There were no such things as katas for greatswords but there were athletic and coordination looped movements and feats that utilised this class of melee, and he certainly knew almost all of them, including those to be considered lost to the oblivion.

Edited by Teloch

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

Siger bid Alan good night and prepared to have some rest. Although, it seemed like it was Baast who sought for rest since the heavy started to fiddle with his HUD, studying reports, data pieces, and intel for some time. When the pudgy feline was sleeping (and slightly snorting), it was little bit past midnight. Teloch still wasn't sleeping: he wasn't exhausted up to the degree when the night rest is dreamless and seeing dreams was something he largely disliked. Most people see pleasant things occasionally, like fabulous landscapes, heavenly sensations, or closeness to those significant others, but in his case, they were almost always inhabited by complex surrealistic scenes with apocalyptic tones that seemed to be formed out of his most darkest memories, by the burning eyes of the entity that welcomed him at the very womb of the void ages ago, and by the person that once managed to snatch him from the clutches of the above-mentioned entity - the person he lost and was desperately seeking for. He hated his dreams...

Being burdened with thoughts and schemes about various ventures, campaigns, operations, and issues, he went to find some water for his parched throat. On his way back, he stumbled upon a shade, although it would be more technically correct to say that the shade followed him until it gathered enough confidence to approach the old war hound. It introduced itself as a former soldier tenno that fought during the old war; it asked if he knows anything about its company's fate. Being a reliable tenno, he introduced himself straight, without hiding any details, and told everything he heard about the subject of inquiry. He realised his mistake when he was met by a dozen of other shades of dead veterans asking the same type of questions. In about fifteen minutes, there were almost three dozens of veteran shades seeking for news from the realm of the living. There was even a case when a dead inquired about the fate of its brother, who happened to be alive and well and serving in the cohorts of WTC high regulars. Teloch could swear that the shadow showed signs of authentic joy and relief, which contradicted sharply with the nature of the un-living memory imprint. The whole experience was weird: he often told his soldiers about the souls of deceased watching their comrades from beyond the veil of death and evaluating their deeds, but now, he himself was talking to the real dead. This cathedral of the deceased took some time to sort out and the rest of the time until the first morning rays he spent in meditation. 

When a half of the morning sun showed itself above the horizon, he was already practising exercises with his flamberge on the balcony, accompanied by his trusty kavat. There were no such things as katas for greatswords but there were athletic and coordination looped movements and feats that utilised this class of melee, and he certainly knew almost all of them, including those to be considered lost to the oblivion.

Alan joins you, going through longsword kata.

11 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Alan joins you, going through longsword kata.

Siger acknowledged Alan's presence but did not interrupt the training session. His exercise loop consisted of a series of powerful low-pitched sideways slashes - a fragment from the "sorrow reaping" style employed by the group of elite mercenaries of Terranian reformation period, followed by the fast reversed upcoming vertical strokes upon 180' turn - the fragment of the  "wheels of thrones" style, invented in the times of crusades. He intensified the strength and speed of the loops performance the more he practiced, putting his strength, balance, and endurance to the test. By the end of his session, the strokes would've been absolutely lethal should they connect a living target.

Ninety-eight
Ninety-nine
Four hundred.

He sharply stopped the blade after performing the 400 repeat and holstered it behind his back. After flexing his shoulders, he diverted his attention to Alan's session.

"Wudang Qi Xing Jian... The everlasting classics" He commented the kata, waiting for his buddy to complete the session.

Edited by Teloch

2 hours ago, Teloch said:

Siger acknowledged Alan's presence but did not interrupt the training session. His exercise loop consisted of a series of powerful low-pitched sideways slashes - a fragment from the "sorrow reaping" style employed by the group of elite mercenaries of Terranian reformation period, followed by the fast reversed upcoming vertical strokes upon 180' turn - the fragment of the  "wheels of thrones" style, invented in the times of crusades. He intensified the strength and speed of the loops performance the more he practiced, putting his strength, balance, and endurance to the test. By the end of his session, the strokes would've been absolutely lethal should they connect a living target.

Ninety-eight
Ninety-nine
Four hundred.

He sharply stopped the blade after performing the 400 repeat and holstered it behind his back. After flexing his shoulders, he diverted his attention to Alan's session.

"Wudang Qi Xing Jian... The everlasting classics" He commented the kata, waiting for his buddy to complete the session.

"Have you seen some of he New kata these young'uns have made." Alan asks. "Vengeful Revenant how edgy. Too much rolling and sword wagging for me. Give me the Crimson Dervish any day."

He brings the saber through the Vulpine Mask kata, then sheathes it and takes a breath.

"Well." He says. "The initiates will finish training in an hour or two, then off to the lectures. What do you propose we do in the meantime?"

35 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Have you seen some of he New kata these young'uns have made." Alan asks. "Vengeful Revenant how edgy. Too much rolling and sword wagging for me. Give me the Crimson Dervish any day."

He brings the saber through the Vulpine Mask kata, then sheathes it and takes a breath.

"Well." He says. "The initiates will finish training in an hour or two, then off to the lectures. What do you propose we do in the meantime?"

"Could eat a mammoth" he replied laconically. Baast meowed nastily in approval. "We might want to grab some meats before our garrison contingent arrives, which will happen within the closest three hours"

"Anyway, how was the night? Did you warm your bones against a flashy maiden?" Teloch inquired jokingly.

Edited by Teloch

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

"Could eat a mammoth" he replied laconically. Baast meowed nastily in approval.

"So how was the night? Did you warm your bones against a flashy maiden?" Teloch inquired jokingly. 

"No I used a space heater." He says. "But I could use some grub."

He motions back at the Monastary.

"Shall I instruct the Neophytes to begin preparing a meal?" He asks.

Edited by Rakawan

23 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"No I used a space heater." He says. "But I could use some grub."

He motions back at the Monastary.

"Shall I instruct the Neophytes to begin preparing a meal?" He asks.

He grinned at the "space heater" understandingly if a bit sadly and shook his head after "We are hopeless"

"We may catch some grub here, or try that meat shop you mentioned earlier"

6 minutes ago, Teloch said:

He grinned at the "space heater" understandingly if a bit sadly and shook his head after "We are hopeless"

"We may catch some grub here, or try that meat shop you mentioned earlier"

"By space heater I mean an actual space heater." He says. "Get your mind out of the gutter Bullseye."

"Steak it is then." He says. "Tak."

The Grandmaster appears in a flash of golden light.

"Yes?" He asks.

"We were just going to get some steak. You in?" Alan asks.

"I suppose." Tak says. "Shall we?"

He points at the ground and a circle appears on golden light.

19 hours ago, Teloch said:

Later, Therese tried a couple of dresses. The first one was a short, black, pencil-like, and with a very... courageous cleavage. It made her look like a she-wolf on a prowl; the only things that separated her from such image were a decent number of scars flashing from all the uncovered zones and absence of a lady revolver hidden behind the stockings garter. The amount of paint on her cheeks stated that it was too hot for her tastes. Meanwhile, she continued to listen to the lady's story, finding out that she did manage to nab her chevalier, have some peaceful life, give birth to a daughter, and move to this colony. Alas, her suspicions were correct: her husband was killed during the raid and her daughter went missing. By the time she had to listen to the sad part of the story, she was trying on an expensive, sleeveless, burgundy red, qipao-like silken dress with intricate golden phoenix embroidered closer to the hem, formal collar, small tear-like cleavage, golden half-corset shaped as a pair of wings, and a pair of fitting long red gloves. Now that was a critical hit.

It was rather Bloom's kind side than the joy of finding a very qualitative purchase that made her show sympathy to the modiste. She gently stated that the ones she loved ain't going back but she still could find a meaning and companionship via adopting a journeyman to whom she could transfer her skills and wisdom. Having smaller colonies evacuated to the larger ones would certainly lead someone willing to master her craft to her doorstep. Even though she almost brought the lady to tears, she offered her a heartfelt hug and a promise that those whom she represents will see that the horrible day that took modiste's family will not reoccur ever again. 

After paying 250 platinum-worth bar to the shopkeeper, she left to her landing craft, where she spent the night

A ship hails yours on an unknown channel.

"Pardon me miss but you seem to be on our way." A regal voice says. "Would you mind moving that dull ship somewhere else?"

16 hours ago, (Xbox One)Vatasblubber said:

"Now I may not seem like much but if one of you needs to fight me for me to prove myself go on." She steps back into her frame

They stand there shocked.

"Cass... gave up on us?" Seth asks.

"And now so have I." Ares says. "So that leaves you with very few options."

They turn to look at you.

7 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"By space heater I mean an actual space heater." He says. "Get your mind out of the gutter Bullseye."

"Steak it is then." He says. "Tak."

The Grandmaster appears in a flash of golden light.

"Yes?" He asks.

"We were just going to get some steak. You in?" Alan asks.

"I suppose." Tak says. "Shall we?"

He points at the ground and a circle appears on golden light.

"The gutter refuses to swash my brain because it is "too moss-covered". Pity" He replied while going to pick up the kavat, who was obviously growing disturbed by the increased latency of teleportations.

"I understood what you meant. Having same issues, you know. Although, I prefer herbal bitters over heaters"

He stepped in the circle, with a kavat who was flailing with her tail wildly under his arm.

Just now, Teloch said:

"The gutter refuses to swash my brain because it is "too moss-covered". Pity" He replied while going to pick up the kavat, who was obviously growing disturbed by the increased latency of teleportations.

"I understood what you meant. Having same issues, you know. Although, I prefer herbal bitters over heaters"

He stepped in the circle, with a kavat who was flailing with her tail wildly under his arm.

You appear outside Alice's steak shop. 

Something watches you from behind the sign. 

20 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

A ship hails yours on an unknown channel.

"Pardon me miss but you seem to be on our way." A regal voice says. "Would you mind moving that dull ship somewhere else?"

No one dares to interrupt a soldier during their morning rituals. No one. 

Therese approached the comms and tried her best to withhold the aggression because of diplomatic etiquette. 

"I do pardon you, although I am Miss Major to you. And unless the ground dispatchers would go online and confirm that this particular docking bay was assigned to you, you will have to seek for a vacant slot"

"Thank you for understanding and have a nice day" she added mockingly polite.

Edited by Teloch

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

They stand there shocked.

"Cass... gave up on us?" Seth asks.

"And now so have I." Ares says. "So that leaves you with very few options."

They turn to look at you.

"I Guess he means me." She nudges Ares and whispers "Hey I found a job." She looks back the students "Ok reset sim, set user Samatha as the target, and wait for my command to start." She stands and waits for their reactions 

12 minutes ago, Teloch said:

No one dares to interrupt a soldier during their morning rituals. No one. 

Therese approached the comms and tried her best to withhold the aggression because of diplomatic etiquette. 

"I do pardon you, although I am Miss Major to you. And unless the ground dispatchers would go online and confirm that this particular docking bay was assigned to you, you will have to seek for a vacant slot"

"Thank you for understanding and have a nice day" she added mockingly polite.

"Well in that case Major I suppose I'll just have to move you." The voice says seeming to shudder at the rank as if it where something foul. "And do bear in mind I will be speaking to your superior about your atrocious manners."

A series of beams play out from the larger craft, lifting the Scimitar and sliding it over several feet. The larger craft settles into the bay gracefully.

A Tenno in fine robes holding an ornate cane strides from the craft, flanked by two Rhino Primes, each holding a Galantine Prime.

"Ugghhh." He says. "One can almost feel the dirt in the air. The Arbiter had better make this occasion worth the while."

He glances around.

"And no red carpet." He says. "How droll. Clearly we were not expected till later."

He glances at the Scimitar sitting at an angle.

"Uggghh." He says noticing the symbol of the WTC. "Mercenaries. No wonder they have no parking skills."

Edited by Rakawan

Just now, (Xbox One)Vatasblubber said:

"I Guess he means me." She nudges Ares and whispers "Hey I found a job." She looks back the students "Ok reset sim, set user Samatha as the target, and wait for my command to start." She stands and waits for their reactions 

Tony draws his Nikana and cloaks. Seth prepares Iron Skin. 

Lucy slides behind a pillar and reloads. Maurice jumps to a better vantage point.

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Tony draws his Nikana and cloaks. Seth prepares Iron Skin. 

Lucy slides behind a pillar and reloads. Maurice jumps to a better vantage point.

"Start sim." She throws down four specters of herself then jumps out of her frame going into void mode. She walks to the back of the room to observe staying in void mode.

Edited by (XB1)Vatasblubber

9 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

You appear outside Alice's steak shop. 

Something watches you from behind the sign. 

The kavat instantly caught the smell of meat and rushed forward, approaching the entrance. She attempted to open the door by herself"

Teloch looked sideways "Uhuh. Spoiled her with meats. Never feed your kavats with livers: they get addicted to them"

Then, he followed his gourmet feline to the door.

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Vatasblubber said:

"Start sim." She throws down four specters of herself then jumps out of her frame going into void mode. She walks to the back of the room to observe.

Seth stomps, then engages one of ge specters. 

Tony watches, his eyes tracking the motionless frame you abandoned. He looks over the room.

On your way back to the corner your foot disturbs a piece of debris.

Two shuriken race towards your cloaked form, as Tony jumps down and charges towards you.

Maurice dove bombs into the motionless frame, and Lucy begins trying to provide cover from the specters.

9 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

"Why not?" She giggled "Any more silly questions?"

4 minutes ago, Teloch said:

The kavat instantly caught the smell of meat and rushed forward, approaching the entrance. She attempted to open the door by herself"

Teloch looked sideways "Uhuh. Spoiled her with meats. Never feed your kavats with livers: they get addicted to them"

Then, he followed his gourmet feline to the door.

Rip motions to the door.

"We have visitors." He says. "My dumpling."

Just now, Rakawan said:

Seth stomps, then engages one of ge specters. 

Tony watches, his eyes tracking the motionless frame you abandoned. He looks over the room.

On your way back to the corner your foot disturbs a piece of debris.

Two shuriken race towards your cloaked form, as Tony jumps down and charges towards you.

Maurice dove bombs into the motionless frame, and Lucy begins trying to provide cover from the specters.

He is definitely the only competent one She thinks

She void dashes behind Tony and tries to kick his legs out