The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

8 minutes ago, Teloch said:

He chomps the meat eagerly. He surely likes it. Baast chomps her piece of proteins as early as her master. 

"Orokin DNA lock and the methods of its breaching" He answered straight.

"The knowledge may be good, but knowledge with physiology samples would have been better"

He continued to devour the pie.

"We have Felicity for that." Tak says. "Her status as Orokin was never revoked so she has full access to most systems."

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"We have Felicity for that." Tak says. "Her status as Orokin was never revoked so she has full access to most systems."

"Different objects - different grades of locks. Our debug teams made lesser progress in breaching defenses than we would like to expect, but at least they uncovered some principles in orokin lockdown. Strategic objects require unique, probably individual DNAs, or a special level of permission which we are still trying to figure out"

He almost murdered the pie.

3 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"Different objects - different grades of locks. Our debug teams made lesser progress in breaching defenses than we would like to expect, but at least they uncovered some principles in orokin lockdown. Strategic objects require unique, probably individual DNAs, or a special level of permission which we are still trying to figure out"

He almost murdered the pie.

"Well whatever her permission level is, we have been able to use most of the systems we've found." Alan says. "So what are your plans today?"

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Well whatever her permission level is, we have been able to use most of the systems we've found." Alan says. "So what are your plans today?"

"Go see the garrison arrives then give a lecture to the youngsters. But before that, I would love to have a word with the sweet thing that treated us this morning"

35 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"I had no idea what was in the bag, and little idea what you/he where saying." Thomas says. "So I decided to freeze you both until I could figure things out."

He hands you a mug of hot chocolate.

The Operator takes the mug in both hands and looks at it carefully before looking back at the Chroma.

"Of all of the assorted occupants of my mind I had to strike a deal with, why did the one with the grammar dysfunctions have to be the one that was the most consistent?"

The Operator takes a light sip from the mug, marveling at the flavor.

"It's. . . not. . . my. . . fault!"

It is clear that the Chroma is makeing a valiant effort, judgeing by the strain in it's voice.

"This. . . is. . . just. . .my. . . own. . . words."

The Chroma halts the struggle, muttering something beneath it's breath in some manner of archaic Grinic tongue.

Edited by Unus

1 minute ago, Unus said:

The Operator takes the the mug in both hands and looks at it carefully before looking back at the Chroma.

"Of all of the assorted occupants of my mind I had to strike a deal with, why did the one with the grammar dysfunctions have to be the one that was the most consistent?"

The Operator takes a light sip from the mug, marveling at the flavor.

"It's. . . not. . . my. . . fault!"

It is clear that the Chroma is makeing a valiant effort, judgeing by the strain in it's voice.

"This. . . is. . . just. . .my. . . own. . . words."

The Chroma halts the struggle, muttering something beneath it's breath in some manner of archaic Grinic tongue.

"So." Thomas says. "What's in the bag?"

7 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"Go see the garrison arrives then give a lecture to the youngsters. But before that, I would love to have a word with the sweet thing that treated us this morning"

"Sara." Seven calls. "No! No! Drop it! Now sweep it up and dump it in the trash! Now you can talk to them."

She walks out, glitter clinging to her hands. 

"What can I get you?" She asks.

13 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Sara." Seven calls. "No! No! Drop it! Now sweep it up and dump it in the trash! Now you can talk to them."

She walks out, glitter clinging to her hands. 

"What can I get you?" She asks.

"That would be enough, young lady. I just called you over to compliment your baking skills, which are quite precious in our times" 

He put down a credistick with four digits on it on the table

"This is for our order," he said and handed the other one to Sarah personally, "and this one personally to you. Also... may I have the recipe?" He swiftly glanced at Tak and Alan before explaining himself, "when the MRE packs become way too monotone, I do practice cooking"

Edited by Teloch

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Vatasblubber said:

"If you use them the targets will become prisoners or ground polish faster. If you talk with your team it makes everything easier." She says in a knowing tone

"Ares. Does. Not. Need. A. Team." He says. "Neither. Do. I."

"Iratatshin und masery!"

The Chroma is quick to lodge it's two cents in as the Operator opens it's mouth. Looking back at the Chroma with a glare, the Operator turns back to speak.

"That, sir, is a strange example of ingenuity and variety from the depths of the far outer systems."

It takes another sip, still marveling over this wondrous flavor.

"Once, a short time ago, that was one of the Apex predators of the world of Orcus, a 7 legged horror by the name of a Skulker."

The Operator takes a long sip.

"Now, thanks to Crime and a few hunters from Yuki-Onna glacier, it is an impromptu space-suit, at least it was until it needed removal."

The Operator drains the last of the mug.

"Thanks to pure luck and your presence, it should be trapped in it's rendered state for at least a little while, barring any drastic adapt(the conversation is interrupted by the dulled sound of a violin playing discordantly alongside a herd of musting elephants)ations."

Edited by Unus

4 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"That would be enough, young lady. I just called you over to compliment your baking skills, which are quite precious in our times" 

He put down a credistick with four digits on it on the table

"This is for our order," he said and handed the other one to Sarah personally, "and this one personally to you. Also... may I have a recipe?" He swiftly glanced at Tak and Alan before explaining himself, "when the MRE packs become way too monotone, I do practice cooking"

She accepts both.

"This one for groceries." She says. "And this one for glitter."

Seven takes the second stick.

"You mean for glitter removal." He says.

The reason why becomes apparent when Sara hands you the recipe. It calls for one gallon of pink glitter. 

Interspersed in the instructions are orders to "spread glitter" around the cooking space to "infuse the environment with sparkles and happiness." 

Edited by Rakawan

2 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*She takes wonder around, but aim to look for reception of some kind* "This place is quite nice.."  

There is no welcome party. However there are a few people packing gear onto truck. Perhaps they know where the farms are.

3 minutes ago, Unus said:

"Iratatshin und masery!"

The Chroma is quick to lodge it's two cents in as the Operator opens it's mouth. Looking back at the Chroma with a glare, the Operator turns back to speak.

"That, sir, is a strange example of ingenuity and variety from the depths of the far outer systems."

It takes another sip, still marveling over this wondrous flavor.

"Once, a short time ago, that was one of the Apex predators of the world of Orcus, a 7 legged horror by the name of a Skulker."

The Operator takes a long sip.

"Now, thanks to Crime and a few hunters from Yuki-Onna glacier, it is an impromptu space-suit, at least it was until it needed removal."

The Operator drains the last of the mug.

"Thanks to pure luck and your presence, it should be trapped in it's rendered state for at least a little while, barring any drastic adapt(the conversation is interrupted by the dulled sound of a violin playing discordantly alongside a herd of musting elephants)ations."

"And I trust you have plans to properly contain it." Thomas says. "Under article nine of our import laws."

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Vatasblubber said:

Her eyes open in understanding "But Ares does need a team that's why I'm here. Tony everyone needs a team maybe not your team but some team."

"You. Are. Here. Because. You. Intrigue. Him." Tony says. "Not. Because. He. Needs. Anything. From. You. He. Was. Clanless. Before. He. Survived. So. Will. I."

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"You. Are. Here. Because. You. Intrigue. Him." Tony says. "Not. Because. He. Needs. Anything. From. You. He. Was. Clanless. Before. He. Survived. So. Will. I."

She gives him a sad look "I'm sorry you feel that way. Go on your dismissed." She walks over to Ares "What am I going to do with him. he just doesn't listen."

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Vatasblubber said:

She gives him a sad look "I'm sorry you feel that way. Go on your dismissed." She walks over to Ares "What am I going to do with him. he just doesn't listen."

"I am also concerned with his parentage." He says. "What father teaches their son capture and assassination tactics. And where did he acquire this weapon?"

He shakes his head.

"What did he say?" He asks. "When you tried to talk to him?"

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"And I trust you have plans to properly contain it." Thomas says. "Under article nine of our import laws."

The Operator rubs the back of it's head slowly.

"To be honest, I'm still in shock that we made it here of all places. Throwing ourselves into that voidrift was a gamble that could have landed us in the same place, elsewhere in the Sol-Origin System, or evenly distributed across the tears currently in existence. The fact we landed here is as much a shock to me as it is to you."

The Operator looks lost in thought for a few moments, tapping the mug against it's lower lip. 

"How to solve. . ."

"Etz frawzin, brak et!"

The Chroma makes a pounding and grinding motion into it's fist.

"Brak et tel evan teh peecez ur brawkin!"

The Operator looks back at the Chroma with a mix of bemusement and concern.

"Well, that certainly is an option, wasteful and blunt, but certainly an option all the same.

The Operator turns back to you.

"Would you happen to know anyone who might need a space-suit on a semipermanent basis? The thing should go inert when it has fully engulfed a user if it hasn't reshape itself into the original format. Beyond that, I suppose Crimes' option might actually be best."

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"I am also concerned with his parentage." He says. "What father teaches their son capture and assassination tactics. And where did he acquire this weapon?"

He shakes his head.

"What did he say?" He asks. "When you tried to talk to him?"

"Well, your his role model and he doesn't think you or him needs a team. So I tried to tell him I'm your team and he said that I intrigued you and that the reason I was here and that since you were clanless then he would be too."

1 minute ago, Unus said:

The Operator rubs the back of it's head slowly.

"To be honest, I'm still in shock that we made it here of all places. Throwing ourselves into that voidrift was a gamble that could have landed us in the same place, elsewhere in the Sol-Origin System, or evenly distributed across the tears currently in existence. The fact we landed here is as much a shock to me as it is to you."

The Operator looks lost in thought for a few moments, tapping the mug against it's lower lip. 

"How to solve. . ."

"Etz frawzin, brak et!"

The Chroma makes a pounding and grinding motion into it's fist.

"Brak et tel evan teh peecez ur brawkin!"

The Operator looks back at the Chroma with a mix of bemusement and concern.

"Well, that certainly is an option, wasteful and blunt, but certainly an option all the same.

The Operator turns back to you.

"Would you happen to know anyone who might need a space-suit on a semipermanent basis? The thing should go inert when it has fully engulfed a user if it hasn't reshape itself into the original format. Beyond that, I suppose Crimes' option might actually be best."

"I'm much in favor of the second option." Thomas says. "Command, unknown bio-form in cell 2. Suggested to be symbiotic. Please advise?"

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Vatasblubber said:

"Well, your his role model and he doesn't think you or him needs a team. So I tried to tell him I'm your team and he said that I intrigued you and that the reason I was here and that since you were clanless then he would be too."

"Was Clanless." He says. "And I can personally attest to the hardships of that life. Both the Arbiter and I Walked Alone for the first year. It is not an experience either of us care to relive."

He looks at you.

"I don't Need to have you in my life." He says. "I Want to have you in my life. It is a choice I made."

He rises to his feet.

"There will be a guest lecturer at the Monastary." He says. "Perhaps he can talk some sense into Tony. If not I will try to convince him of the need for a team."

He looks around.

"Are you sure you want to continue teaching them?" He asks. "This won't be the last time they squabble."