The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

6 hours ago, Teloch said:

Siger noticed Lucy's looks and mimics. "I wish my wartime personnel officer Eloise Fitzroy was here. She was a genius when it came to rallying up the heterogeneous bunch of lunatics we were," he shook his head with a slightly sad smile, "she would have thought you so much..."

He turned to Maurice

"The lack of self-control, obstructed speech, intense yet chaotic cognitive capacities, introversion, the unnatural speed of learning in at least one discipline. He is a capable student, but the problem is that he is deep into the moon side. There is... something that afflicts him, and if it is what I suspect, then he needs the help of someone who would clear his mind"

He paused to consider something and after a short moment of inner struggle added, "Believe it or not, but he dreadfully reminds me of myself soon after the exposure. That mention of the "burning moons" was neither a spontaneous one nor a filler"

"He doesn't lack self control." Lucy says defensively. "He just doesn't care what you think. Or what anyone besides Ares thinks."

"Why are you so quikc to defend him?" Maurice asks.

"Why aren't you?" Lucy says. "He's our teammate."

"He tried to kill Cass." Maurice insists. 

"He tried to stop himself from killing him." Lucy retorted.

"Where is your proof?" Seth asks.

"He is a skilled assassin, in his own body, standing two feet away from his target." She says. "He'd have to be extremely distracted or impaired to miss a target like that. The doctors even said the wound looked like the blade was deliberately angled away from vital organs."

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

"You think you're being clever." She says with a feral smile. "But you're not. Because if you disturb me for something I deem worthless, like say a gnat, then I'll boot you anyways."

She sweeps her arms.

"My expedition, my rules." She says. "Now Maverick, how is the Maximite ore responding to the electronic fields?"

"I though we were calling it..." He starts.

"Oh but Maximite is a much better name." She says. "Besides, if it doesn't prove useful in some regard, then we'll just toss it aside."

She turns back to Maverick.

A short while back, Max would've responded with cold, heartless anger.  Of course, since he was missing that spectrum of emotion, he simply stood there, displaying only his usual annoyance.  He brought his attention back to the rainfall, trying to remember how to be angry.

8 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"He doesn't lack self control." Lucy says defensively. "He just doesn't care what you think. Or what anyone besides Ares thinks."

"Why are you so quikc to defend him?" Maurice asks.

"Why aren't you?" Lucy says. "He's our teammate."

"He tried to kill Cass." Maurice insists. 

"He tried to stop himself from killing him." Lucy retorted.

"Where is your proof?" Seth asks.

"He is a skilled assassin, in his own body, standing two feet away from his target." She says. "He'd have to be extremely distracted or impaired to miss a target like that. The doctors even said the wound looked like the blade was deliberately angled away from vital organs."

Being not very fond of derailments, Siger put a bit of argumentation into this little hassle, "You also impact him" he said to Lucy, "Anyway, judging by the reports, the case took place due to him being indoctrinated by a side party. He seemed to resist and regret this sabotage and that's the main reason he is still alive. There are two questions left: how did that happen to him and if there are any "malware" left. You are young and hasty, neophyte Seth, but expressing your irritation and resentment, even if it seems only fair, won't have any positive effect on the matter. Neophyte Tony needs supervision and help; if left alone, he won't make it far and definitely not in the right direction. Trust me as a battle general who has to decide on a daily basis who would and would not likely live when I say that we have no right to leave our kindred behind. Thus why I ask you again if his behavior changed significantly from what it used to be after his tennofication". 

Edited by Teloch

5 hours ago, Teloch said:

Being not very fond of derailments, Siger put a bit of argumentation into this little hassle, "You also impact him" he said to Lucy, "Anyway, judging by the reports, the case took place due to him being indoctrinated by a side party. He seemed to resist and regret this sabotage and that's the main reason he is still alive. There are two questions left: how did that happen to him and if there are any "malware" left. You are young and hasty, neophyte Seth, but expressing your irritation and resentment, even if it seems only fair, won't have any positive effect on the matter. Neophyte Tony needs supervision and help; if left alone, he won't make it far and definitely not in the right direction. Trust me as a battle general who has to decide on a daily basis who would and would not likely live when I say that we have no right to leave our kindred behind. Thus why I ask you again if his behavior changed significantly from what it used to be after his tennofication". 

"He was always quiet." Lucy says. "But he did not have trouble speaking. Though he did not speak much, only to answer questions about training or tactics."

"He seemed more focused before." Seth says. "Like being a Tenno was some goal and now that he's reached it he has no idea what to do next."

23 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"He was always quiet." Lucy says. "But he did not have trouble speaking. Though he did not speak much, only to answer questions about training or tactics."

"He seemed more focused before." Seth says. "Like being a Tenno was some goal and now that he's reached it he has no idea what to do next."

"Thank you, that is all I wanted to know" the reply followed "Now, it seems like the time to let you proceed to your other duties"

Edited by Teloch

23 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"Thank you, that is all I wanted to know" the reply followed "Now, it seems like the time to let you proceed to your other duties"

A wave flows over everyone e present. It is barely perceptible. You feel a slight stirring of an urge to jump up and do... something. 

It quickly fades and the initiates walk out.

20 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

A wave flows over everyone e present. It is barely perceptible. You feel a slight stirring of an urge to jump up and do... something. 

It quickly fades and the initiates walk out.

Considering this wave either a centralized signal system or someone's attempts to fiddle with powers, he walked out of the room, checking the comms before deciding either to seek for Alan or to wander around the monastery. Baast loudly licked those bits of her that were unarmored.

On 1/9/2017 at 8:07 AM, Rakawan said:

Thomas nods and leads you to a mechanical lab.

After hours upon hours and days upon days of loud clanking, periods of silence, and occasional bouts of muted banter, the Chroma finally emerged, pushing a cart practically rattling with metallic and rocky misshapen/spheres. The Warframe practically sparkled as though freshly manufactured, looking for all the world as though a Zariman suit had come to life and unhooked itself from it's rack. In tow, the Operator followed behind in a stumbling manner as it worked it's way along the wall, pale, haggard, but looking very much alive and vibrant, albeit quite frustrated.

Edited by Unus

1 hour ago, Unus said:

After hours upon hours and days upon days of loud clanking, periods of silence, and occasional bouts of muted banter, the Chroma finally emerged, pushing a cart practically rattling with metallic and rocky misshapen/spheres. The Warframe practically sparkled as though freshly manufactured, looking for all the world as though a Zariman suit had come to life and unhooked itself from it's rack. In tow, the Operator followed behind in a stumbling manner as it worked it's way along the wall, pale, haggard, but looking very much alive and vibrant, albeit quite frustrated.

((Unless you want to wait a few months to post again, given how long RP days take, I suggest you condense his actions to less time.))

4 hours ago, -Platinum- said:

*She nods* "He is, and well he don't care about what they did, he thinks its all justified and simply was collateral damage"

"How could anyone think that?" Nina asks. "From what you've said they sound ghastly."

7 hours ago, Teloch said:

Considering this wave either a centralized signal system or someone's attempts to fiddle with powers, he walked out of the room, checking the comms before deciding either to seek for Alan or to wander around the monastery. Baast loudly licked those bits of her that were unarmored.

Upon wandering the halls you find a shirtless warrior conversing with Tak. A woman in casual attire stands by him.

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)Vatasblubber said:

She walks out 

"What did Tony do?"

4 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"Tak is concerned he may have... siphoned from a shade." Ares says. "I said he's being ridiculous."

34 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Upon wandering the halls you find a shirtless warrior conversing with Tak. A woman in casual attire stands by him.

Now this turned into a bit awkward scene: a fully armed and combat-ready primed rhino with a boar-sized kavat walks at the group of inappropriately (if not partially) clothed civilians talking to a librarian of the dead. Deciding against sticking into the conversation (due to either politeness or in terms of preventing even more awkward situation), the heavy leaned against the closest wall at some distance from the group with his shoulder, opting to check his information channels for all those updates and messages while waiting for others to end with their discussion. Baast, however, did not share her master's immovability and so lift her koi-like tail up questioningly. It appeared that she was puzzled by the young man's weird (and mightily informal) looks. If she had brows, she would definitely raise one of them.

Edited by Teloch

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

Now this turned into a bit awkward scene: a fully armed and combat-ready primed rhino with a boar-sized kavat walks at the group of inappropriately (if not partially) clothed civilians talking to a librarian of the dead. Deciding against sticking into the conversation (due to either politeness or in terms of preventing even more awkward situation), the heavy leaned against the closest wall at some distance from the group with his shoulder, opting to check his information channels for all those updates and messages while waiting for others to end with their discussion. Baast, however, did not share her master's immovability and so lift her koi-like tail up questioningly. It appeared that she was puzzled by the young man's weird (and mightily informal) looks. If she had brows, she would definitely raise one of them.

The man's chest is wrapped in cloth in the style of ancient swordmasters. The Katana on his back matches the outfit.

"Have you found any shades missing." He asks.

"No." Tak says. "But siphoning knowledge would not necessarily..."

25 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The man's chest is wrapped in cloth in the style of ancient swordmasters. The Katana on his back matches the outfit.

"Have you found any shades missing." He asks.

"No." Tak says. "But siphoning knowledge would not necessarily..."

As it often happens with felines, Baast's attention shifted from the previous object of study to something invisible or imaginary moving on the floor, and so she began to hunt that thing like a domestic cat hunts a laser pointer.

Siger noticed that scene and shook his head at his feline before returning to studying the intel.

Edited by Teloch

2 hours ago, Rakawan said:

((Unless you want to wait a few months to post again, given how long RP days take, I suggest you condense his actions to less time.))

(( Believe me, the absence is unintentional, I was forced to bend  digital reality to fit the physical one. This was about as planned for as being hit by an ambulance.))

4 hours ago, Teloch said:

As it often happens with felines, Baast's attention shifted from the previous object of study to something invisible or imaginary moving on the floor, and so she began to hunt that thing like a domestic cat hunts a laser pointer.

Siger noticed that scene and shook his head at his feline before returning to studying the intel.

The felines path leads her through one of the passing shades.

He looks down, clearly annoyed.

"Do you mind?" He asks the feline. 

14 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"How could anyone think that?" Nina asks. "From what you've said they sound ghastly."

*She shrugs* "I knew that, everyone will be happy, but that sister, is what you'll have to ask him yourself at the wedding, if he's there, Oh and just don't be srupised if he looks at you funny, He's not a big fan on Grinner people"

*She sighs then leans back* "But we better get back to work, before they wonder what we're up to.." 

9 hours ago, -Platinum- said:

*She shrugs* "I knew that, everyone will be happy, but that sister, is what you'll have to ask him yourself at the wedding, if he's there, Oh and just don't be srupised if he looks at you funny, He's not a big fan on Grinner people"

*She sighs then leans back* "But we better get back to work, before they wonder what we're up to.." 

She nods.

Back at the farm the others are hard at work. 

23 hours ago, Unus said:

Slowly, with all the grace of a Kubrow with concrete legs, The Operator made it's way down the corridor behind the quickly outpacing Chroma and cart. 

"You think everyone got away from that place we got stranded in?"

The Operator raises it's voice, not quite yelling, but close.

"Kent her yo."

The Chroma derisively waves an arm back at the struggling Operator.

"Kert tow lode, en "enapandent tanno" wad now way toh doh."

The Chroma kicks open the next door and pushes through.

" I knew I should have kept my mouth shut."

The Operator grumbles for a moment as it continues it's epic quest to reach the end of the hallway.

2 hours ago, Unus said:

Slowly, with all the grace of a Kubrow with concrete legs, The Operator made it's way down the corridor behind the quickly outpacing Chroma and cart. 

"You think everyone got away from that place we got stranded in?"

The Operator raises it's voice, not quite yelling, but close.

"Kent her yo."

The Chroma derisively waves an arm back at the struggling Operator.

"Kert tow lode, en "enapandent tanno" wad now way toh doh."

The Chroma kicks open the next door and pushes through.

" I knew I should have kept my mouth shut."

The Operator grumbles for a moment as it continues it's epic quest to reach the end of the hallway.

One of the Adjuticants looks at you.

"Do you need assistance?" He asks.