The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

8 hours ago, Teloch said:

The cat crouches playfully when being addressed, wriggles it rear as if preparing to pounce at something, and bolts away with the jumpy gait (which is quite contradicting with her constitution). At speed, she leaped at her master, taking the advantage of surprise and crouching up him as if he was not a rhino pilot but a fir-tree. When she finally mounted herself on his shoulders, she laid down in the gutter between his neck and the handles of his LMG and greatsword, impersonating a furry, humming, armored, boar-sized living collar.

Perhaps he should’ve done something about it, but it appears that he used to deal with capricious women, and so often allows them perhaps a bit much as long as it is harmless.

Overhearing the latest part mentioning the issues with possible shades siphoning, he approached the group, asking neutrally “Troublesome students?”

"Concerns." Tak says. "Tony has advanced suspiciously quickly through his training."

41 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Concerns." Tak says. "Tony has advanced suspiciously quickly through his training."

"Indeed... Can't recall anyone developing own inner to thermal energy conversion sequence within two days after tennofication. He almost managed to repeat a couple of tricks during the lecture"

Edited by Teloch

On 1/15/2017 at 3:59 PM, Rakawan said:

"He is not the only one funding this project." She says. "Nor am I the only one doing work." 

The guards start forward and return again as Felicity waves.

"We will see about getting you security clearance first." She says. "So I don't have to keep calling off security everytime something catches your eye."

The Operator's hand freezes in place on one of the consecutive clicks.

"Ah. . .I had forgotten . . . eh, forgotten about the fact that this place was populated."

The Operator looks around at the security detail as if just seeing them for the first time.

"Stopping, stopping, I got it, understood, looking good, uh, sir?" 

The Operator gestures in the direction of one of the armed guards without making eye contact.

"Felz toh. . . faomeeler."

The Chroma seems ill at ease, one hand constantly fingering the redeemer's grip while the other continues to flex and unflex into a fist.

On 1/13/2017 at 4:01 PM, Rakawan said:

Upon wandering the halls you find a shirtless warrior conversing with Tak. A woman in casual attire stands by him.

"Siphoned a shade?" She looks worried "I don't know about that but, there is definitely something wrong, a father should not teach his son those things. So either he had a very very odd upbringing or he's done something wrong."

20 hours ago, Teloch said:

"Indeed... Can't recall anyone developing own inner to thermal energy conversion sequence within two days after tennofication. He almost managed to repeat a couple of tricks during the lecture"

Just now, (Xbox One)Vatasblubber said:

"Siphoned a shade?" She looks worried "I don't know about that but, there is definitely something wrong, a father should not teach his son those things. So either he had a very very odd upbringing or he's done something wrong."

((You both are in the same area now.))

20 hours ago, Teloch said:

"What "tricks" exactly?" She eyes him curiously and then slightly jumps "Also I don't think I know you, what's your name?"

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Vatasblubber said:

"What "tricks" exactly?" She eyes him curiously and then slightly jumps "Also I don't think I know you, what's your name?"

Now, Siger has seen many reactions to his presence, but this was something new. He turned his partially uncapped Thrak helmet in lass' direction. The pudgy armored kavat resting on his shoulders also turned her mug to see the childishly spontaneous female, measuring her with own felin-ish eyes hidden under the armored mask. 

"Brigade general Siger, of White Tiger Cove" the Rhino-clad man said, "And what are your credentials, madam?"

1 minute ago, Teloch said:

Now, Siger has seen many reactions to his presence, but this was something new. He turned his partially uncapped Thrak helmet in lass' direction. The pudgy armored kavat resting on his shoulders also turned her mug to see the childishly spontaneous female, measuring her with own felin-ish eyes hidden under the armored mask. 

"Brigade general Siger, of White Tiger Cove" the Rhino-clad man said, "And what are your credentials, madam?"

"Samatha Procul, Maxim of The Arbiters of Hexis and founder of White Phoenix Reborn." Her eye is drawn to the kavat

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

Max glares at the Ivara, then reverts his attention to the wilderness. After a while he speaks up. "Any idea where we are?"

"The third continent of Phenix." She says. "Obviously the rainforest side, probably about a mile in from the shore."

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

"And I am Ares." The man with the Katana says. "Clan Miraalan's Assassin."

21 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Vatasblubber said:

"Samatha Procul, Maxim of The Arbiters of Hexis and founder of White Phoenix Reborn." Her eye is drawn to the kavat

18 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"And I am Ares." The man with the Katana says. "Clan Miraalan's Assassin."

Siger unconsciously scratched the maxim regalia glowing with on crimson his frame's abdomen plate. He seemed to process something in his mind while the kavat on his shoulders was clearly trying to hypnotize the lass.

"White Phoenix?" he broke the silence after grumbling for a little, "A scientist then. Not often I have to meet science-savvy brethren. Anyway, I was giving the more "in-depth" lecture on the pathways and Madurai in particular, and neophyte Tony attempted to simulate the explosive orb invocation and to fiddle with the energy background of the hall. He didn't make it, but the very fact he can attempt to converse his inner power into the thermal and mechanical energy so early is quite a phenomenon. It is not a theory and must be practiced, which makes the situation even weirder. In fact, I made a number of rather bizarre observations about the neophytes"

Edited by Teloch

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

Siger unconsciously scratched the maxim regalia glowing with crimson his frame's abdomen plate. He seemed to process something in his mind while the kavat on his shoulders was clearly trying to hypnotize the lass.

"White Phoenix?" he broke the silence after grumbling for a little, "A scientist then. Not often I have to meet science-savvy brethren. Anyway, I was giving the more "in-depth" lecture on the pathways and Madurai in particular, and neophyte Tony attempted to simulate the explosive orb invocation and to fiddle with the energy background of the hall. He didn't make it, but the very fact he can attempt to converse his inner power into the thermal and mechanical energy so early is quite a phenomenon. It is not a theory and must be practiced, which makes the situation even weirder. In fact, I made a number of rather bizarre observations about the neophytes"

"Initiates." Tak corrects. "Neophytes are my students. Initiates at the Tenno trainees."

Siger unconsciously scratched the maxim regalia glowing with crimson his frame's abdomen plate. He seemed to process something in his mind while the kavat on his shoulders was clearly trying to hypnotize the lass.

"We do have some very odd initiates don't we. Sadly tony is the only competent one which makes it even odder that he would attempt anything like that in public." She continues eyeing the kavat

Just now, Rakawan said:

Rip hands you a data chip containing year old signatures.

Richard inserted the chip into a slot in the right arm of his Trinity Prime and fiddled with some settings on his HUD.  After a few seconds he handed the chip back.

"Right.  I should be able to locate your sister once we get within a few hundred meters or so.  What did you say her name was, again?"

1 hour ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard inserted the chip into a slot in the right arm of his Trinity Prime and fiddled with some settings on his HUD.  After a few seconds he handed the chip back.

"Right.  I should be able to locate your sister once we get within a few hundred meters or so.  What did you say her name was, again?"

"Maria." Rip says. "Why?"

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Vatasblubber said:

"We do have some very odd initiates don't we. Sadly tony is the only competent one which makes it even odder that he would attempt anything like that in public." She continues eyeing the kavat

The kavat stares back; the only thing that made it know that the cat is alive was the clap of her koi-like tail against her master's chest.

"You underestimate them. Initiate Seth has a good predisposition to pursue Madurai; his main problem is the lack of discipline and restraint - nothing that can't be fixed with experience and correct mentoring.  Tony also showed his interest in the path I represent same as the ability to pursue it. Yet, he dwells the moon side and so not fit to follow the sun paths. I sensed... a certain obscurity about him. Maybe it is the cause of his issues with self-control and determining goals and priorities. He is the "wild card" and his comrades confirmed that via stating that the tennofication affected him. He needs to be directed, and, judging from what I saw and heard, he can be affected by his role model, which stands nearby, and by the other initiate - the outgoing girl with the developed sense of group responsibility. I recommend to guide and supervise Tony closely; if left alone behind his "shell", he may cause problems for himself and for others. On the brighter side, he may become a Naramon or a Zenurik prodigy, should he get rid of that mentioned obscurity or master it respectively. The girl I mentioned is also the key participant of this batch. She is the key element to others, but yet she has to learn that no void magic would ever rally her friends - only her charisma and responsibility would suffice" 

The kavat stares back; the only thing that made it know that the cat is alive was the clap of her koi-like tail against her master's chest.

"You underestimate them. Initiate Seth has a good predisposition to pursue Madurai; his main problem is the lack of discipline and restraint - nothing that can't be fixed with experience and correct mentoring.  Tony also showed his interest in the path I represent same as the ability to pursue it. Yet, he dwells the moon side and so not fit to follow the sun paths. I sensed... a certain obscurity about him. Maybe it is the cause of his issues with self-control and determining goals and priorities. He is the "wild card" and his comrades confirmed that via stating that the tennofication affected him. He needs to be directed, and, judging from what I saw and heard, he can be affected by his role model, which stands nearby, and by the other initiate - the outgoing girl with the developed sense of group responsibility. I recommend to guide and supervise Tony closely; if left alone behind his "shell", he may cause problems for himself and for others. On the brighter side, he may become a Naramon or a Zenurik prodigy, should he get rid of that mentioned obscurity or master it respectively. The girl I mentioned is also the key participant of this batch. She is the key element to others, but yet she has to learn that no void magic would ever rally her friends - only her charisma and responsibility would suffice" 

"I myself am aligned towards Zenurik and may be able to help there but, as for the others, all they need is discipline and need to learn how to work together." Her gaze wanders from the kavat and she begins to study the rhino

Stabilis stood at the balcony, Sarah sitting on it. Both were looking out towards the city, not even thinking about anything. 

A surprisingly human shade joins them.

"Beautiful, isn't it." Gallik says. "My only regret is not living long enough to see it with mortal eyes."

Sarah turns around to face him. "Its the first one I dont have to run from.  Its a nice feeling, not having to run."  

"Sooner or later every fight can be boiled down to a fight for home." Gallik says. "For oneself or for others."

He looks to Stabilis.

"I heard you declined to join the raid on the Kweens base." He says. "An interesting choice."

7 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Sooner or later every fight can be boiled down to a fight for home." Gallik says. "For oneself or for others."

He looks to Stabilis.

"I heard you declined to join the raid on the Kweens base." He says. "An interesting choice."

Stabilis doesnt even look at him. "They had plenty of others for the raid. There was no need for me to leave, but plenty reason for me to stay."

7 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"Maria." Rip says. "Why?"

"Names are important.  She's in my charge as long as she lives here, and I make a point to know the name of everyone I'm responsible for.  Now then.  She's not anywhere in the city, so where should we look first?"