The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

2 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard motioned her to follow him out of the room, then turned to face her and leaned in confidentially.

"So there's a woman," he began.

“And you want my advice in winning her affection?” Elise says. “Well I don’t know you but off the top of my head I’d advise being loyal. Women hate cheaters.”

17 hours ago, Rakawan said:

She slides you one.

”Meridian moonshine for me.” Samuel says. 

“Meridian shoe shine?” The woman says. “We renamed it.”

”Why?” Samuel asks.

”To warn people of course.” She says.

She slides him ten drops of a clear liquid.

"Meridian shoe shine? Sounds like it'd have an unique taste." Fell remarks as he takes a sip of his drink. "What's your name anyhow miss? I'd like to have a name to the face." 

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

“And you want my advice in winning her affection?” Elise says. “Well I don’t know you but off the top of my head I’d advise being loyal. Women hate cheaters.”

Richard laughed and shook his head.  "Ignoring the slightly hypocritical nature of that comment, no.  I need advice in how to ask her something."

1 minute ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard laughed and shook his head.  "Ignoring the slightly hypocritical nature of that comment, no.  I need advice in how to ask her something."

Elise tilts her head.

”Well that depends on the question, dear.” She says. “Sometimes you should just be blunt, other times you have to be careful.”

16 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Elise tilts her head.

”Well that depends on the question, dear.” She says. “Sometimes you should just be blunt, other times you have to be careful.”

Richard flicked his wrist, and the metal strands of his bracelet swam hurriedly around for a second or two before a few of them broke away from the main unit to form a sleek silver ring that glittered with studs of prisma crystal that fell into his open palm.

Spoiler

JY2kfHv.jpg

"THIS question," he said.

36 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard flicked his wrist, and the metal strands of his bracelet swam hurriedly around for a second or two before a few of them broke away from the main unit to form a sleek silver ring that glittered with studs of prisma crystal that fell into his open palm.

Reveal hidden contents

JY2kfHv.jpg

"THIS question," he said.

Elise’s helmet collapses, revealing long blonde hairs and bright green eyes.

”I remember when Akama asked.” She says. “He spelled it out on roses, under a moonlit sky. It was so romantic.”

You can sense a presence outside the door, lingering.

”He knew I loved roses and moonlight.” She says. “That’s what makes it special, showing her you know what she likes. That’s the only advice I can give.”

She twists the ring on her finger.

”Oh he was so romantic.” She says. “And then he went and slept with that Cindy!”

The presence outside the door pauses and then stalks away down the hall.

Edited by Rakawan

2 hours ago, kyrozon said:

"Meridian shoe shine? Sounds like it'd have an unique taste." Fell remarks as he takes a sip of his drink. "What's your name anyhow miss? I'd like to have a name to the face." 

The drink is somewhat dry, and very stout.

”I’m Sarah.” The woman says. “Member of Miraalan. A lot of us have civilian jobs since we helped found this colony.”

Samuel downs the glass in one gulp, then falls forward onto the counter.

”Ow!” He says a minute later.

29 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Elise’s helmet collapses, revealing long blonde hairs and bright green eyes.

”I remember when Akama asked.” She says. “He spelled it out on roses, under a moonlit sky. It was so romantic.”

You can sense a presence outside the door, lingering.

”He knew I loved roses and moonlight.” She says. “That’s what makes it special, showing her you know what she likes. That’s the only advice I can give.”

She twists the ring on her finger.

”Oh he was so romantic.” She says. “And then he went and slept with that Cindy!”

The presence outside the door pauses and then stalks away down the hall.

"How did you two meet?"

Just now, Yzjdriel said:

"How did you two meet?"

“Training outpost are the Outer Terminus.” She said. “One of the first locations hit during the second wave. He was teaching new recruits about the medical applications of their frames, using them to keep their troops in fighting shape. I was on patrol when his squad came under heavy fire. He was forced to fall back to the garrison and we held it for three weeks until we were forced to retreat.”

She stroked the chasis of her rifle, and you notice it appears quite dented in spots.

”We worked together on every mission after that. I was reckless, and dangerous. He made sure I stayed alive long enough for the latter to take effect.” She said. “What about you?”

8 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Training outpost are the Outer Terminus.” She said. “One of the first locations hit during the second wave. He was teaching new recruits about the medical applications of their frames, using them to keep their troops in fighting shape. I was on patrol when his squad came under heavy fire. He was forced to fall back to the garrison and we held it for three weeks until we were forced to retreat.”

She stroked the chasis of her rifle, and you notice it appears quite dented in spots.

”We worked together on every mission after that. I was reckless, and dangerous. He made sure I stayed alive long enough for the latter to take effect.” She said. “What about you?”

Richard nodded.  "Remember when New Loka's hospital got bombed to the ground and I slammed the Fomorian in to the planetoid?  I got court-marshaled for that.  She was the scribe for the interview."

1 minute ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard nodded.  "Remember when New Loka's hospital got bombed to the ground and I slammed the Fomorian in to the planetoid?  I got court-marshaled for that.  She was the scribe for the interview."

“I heard about that.” She says. “A lot of us lost faith in the Council after that verdict.”

42 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The drink is somewhat dry, and very stout.

”I’m Sarah.” The woman says. “Member of Miraalan. A lot of us have civilian jobs since we helped found this colony.”

Samuel downs the glass in one gulp, then falls forward onto the counter.

”Ow!” He says a minute later.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Sarah." Fell replied as he didn't bother at the now out cold Samuel. "My name's Fell." He added a few seconds before Samuel expressed some pain, quickly turning his head towards him. "That didn't seem like something you expected to happen." 

3 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

"It's a pleasure to meet you Sarah." Fell replied as he didn't bother at the now out cold Samuel. "My name's Fell." He added a few seconds before Samuel expressed some pain, quickly turning his head towards him. "That didn't seem like something you expected to happen." 

“Nice to meet you Fell.” She says. “Don’t worry about him. It’s a fast acting, but very nippy, drink.”

Edited by Rakawan

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Nice to meet you Fell.” She says. “Don’t worry about him. It’s a fast acting, but very nippy, drink.”

"I'll take your word for that, but I'm curious. What is it like to live in a city like this?" 

19 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“I heard about that.” She says. “A lot of us lost faith in the Council after that verdict.”

"Interviewing me was probably entirely justified.  Kirian's handling of the interview was most certainly not.  It wasn't long after that Miraalan left ourselves."

1 hour ago, kyrozon said:

"I'll take your word for that, but I'm curious. What is it like to live in a city like this?" 

“Depends on the zone.” She says. “Everyday more and more it resembles the Old World. It’s like stepping into the past, walking along the golden towers once more.”

She wipes her hands again.

”Of course now there is a bit of a divide between us Tenno and humans. Most get along fine, but very few actually mesh.” She says. “Folks around here see us as both demons and saviors. You won’t find many humans that call a Tenno friend. But there is at least peace between us.“

Edited by Rakawan

9 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Depends on the zone.” She says. “Everyday more and more it resembles the Old World. It’s like stepping into the past, walking along the golden towers once more.”

She wipes her hands again.

”Of course now there is a bit of a divide between us Tenno and humans. Most get along fine, but very few actually mesh.” She says. “Folks around here see us as both demons and saviors. You won’t find many humans that call a Tenno friend. But there is at least peace between us.“

"Not sure if going back to the Old World is the greatest thing." Fell replied with a shrug. "Let's just hope that these peace lasts a couple centuries longer than whatever you could have called the relation between Tenno and Orokin." 

1 hour ago, Yzjdriel said:

"Interviewing me was probably entirely justified.  Kirian's handling of the interview was most certainly not.  It wasn't long after that Miraalan left ourselves."

“We considered rejoining the clan.” Elise says. “But Akama felt it would be an insult to our station. Why should we beg for our membership back, when we had done so much.”

She shook her head.

10 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

"Not sure if going back to the Old World is the greatest thing." Fell replied with a shrug. "Let's just hope that these peace lasts a couple centuries longer than whatever you could have called the relation between Tenno and Orokin." 

“Most of the leaders here are well aware of the nature of the Orokin.” Sarah says. “We want the glory and security of the Empire, not the arrogance. The goal is to mesh the best of both worlds.”

15 hours ago, Rakawan said:

“We considered rejoining the clan.” Elise says. “But Akama felt it would be an insult to our station. Why should we beg for our membership back, when we had done so much.”

She shook her head.

Richard took a step back.  "Beg?  What made him think you would have to beg for something you already had?"

53 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard took a step back.  "Beg?  What made him think you would have to beg for something you already had?"

“His pride.” She says. “He was waiting for someone to come request our presence in a regal and royal manner.”

2 hours ago, Rakawan said:

“His pride.” She says. “He was waiting for someone to come request our presence in a regal and royal manner.”

Richard sighed.  "We didn't even have a complete list of all the members before the Collapse until extremely recently when Darrin finally pieced together the last of it from external records.  And Ryoko isn't one to be overly formal without cause."  He paused and snickered.  "Sorry, couldn't say that last bit with a straight face."

Edited by Yzjdriel

7 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard sighed.  "We didn't even have a complete list of all the members before the Collapse until extremely recently when Darrin finally pieced together the last of it from external records.  And Ryoko isn't one to be overly formal without cause."  He paused and snickered.  "Sorry, couldn't say that last bit with a straight face."

“What is this I’ve heard about a tower?” Elise asks. “That seems extravagant, even for him. I can’t imagine where he got the proper access codes.”

14 hours ago, Rakawan said:

“What is this I’ve heard about a tower?” Elise asks. “That seems extravagant, even for him. I can’t imagine where he got the proper access codes.”

"His wife had access.  It's been a rather interesting few years since we woke from cryo."