The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

On 12/2/2017 at 11:24 PM, (PS4)gamegod-2002 said:

He flys up and out of sight. "i advise a swarm tactic so hit from any angle or grab the data mass". He says. "stupid shotgun rhinos" He thinks. 

“Agreed.” Serena says. “Philips you take the high road, Sanders you hit from ground level, use cloaking to get close.”

Edited by Rakawan
Cloaking not claiming.

On 12/4/2017 at 8:40 AM, Yzjdriel said:

Their pilot was exactly as skilled as Richard had expected of Darrin.  They would be on the ground in no time at all.

Tak calmly sips his tea as you draw closer to the surface. Akama and Elise are both holding hands, obviously not fans of orbital drop. 

The ship suddenly lurches and spins to the side, two Fomorian beams crossing where it was seconds ago.

“Time to whoosh.” Rokthul says. “Closing on the rendezvous point.”

Strangely you can sense a pulsing node of void energy from a spot below, almost like a beacon of sorts.

7 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Upon landing you find an Ember standing outside the ship tossing a burning spira from hand to hand.

”You must be Kapak.” She says. “Pleased to meet you.”

Kapak silently cursed while trying not to flinch with every toss of the fiery throwing knife.

"Greetings," Kapak said, bowing slightly with one had on his chest. As he finished bowing, the innards of his ship gurgled as a Djinn sentinel hovered out from the cargo bay. It appeared to holding a (very bloodstained) piece of paper, which it deposited into the hand of Kapak.

"What is your name?" Kapak asked the Ember as he peered at the paper with his nonexistent eyes.

On 12/8/2017 at 7:30 PM, Rakawan said:

An Ash is standing there. He bows as the door opens.

”I was told you had agreed to teach us.” He said. “I am Tony, one of the new initiates.”

"Right right" he say before open up the door fully, tilting his head, giving an audible crack, he secures his large cloak onto himself, adjusts the hilt of his galatine slightly. "Names Forruner, but most call me Forrest, for varying reasons, nice to meet you tony." he says with a slight cough at the end. "So, you here to guide me or did you just drop by out of curiosity?" He asks with a raised brow.

Edited by 8009alpha

On 12/8/2017 at 7:35 PM, Rakawan said:

Tak calmly sips his tea as you draw closer to the surface. Akama and Elise are both holding hands, obviously not fans of orbital drop. 

The ship suddenly lurches and spins to the side, two Fomorian beams crossing where it was seconds ago.

“Time to whoosh.” Rokthul says. “Closing on the rendezvous point.”

Strangely you can sense a pulsing node of void energy from a spot below, almost like a beacon of sorts.

It seemed it would be another journey through the Void river.  Richard reached out to pinpoint the location of the beacon.

9 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

It seemed it would be another journey through the Void river.  Richard reached out to pinpoint the location of the beacon.

The void currents linking the locations are thin. In a moment you feel something yank you through what feels like an inch wide tunnel, and you find yourself on the ground below, by what appears to be a rigged beacon with a void prismarite bulb. 

You can hear the barest whisper of laughter float away on the wind.

On 12/10/2017 at 12:38 AM, 8009alpha said:

"Right right" he say before open up the door fully, tilting his head, giving an audible crack, he secures his large cloak onto himself, adjusts the hilt of his galatine slightly. "Names Forruner, but most call me Forrest, for varying reasons, nice to meet you tony." he says with a slight cough at the end. "So, you here to guide me or did you just drop by out of curiosity?" He asks with a raised brow.

“Both.” The Ash says. “It occurred to me that you may not know the way around. Oddly enough none of the others seemed concerned.”

He nods at the Galantine.

”Heavy blade.” He says. “Slow and lethal. Good for someone who fights in the thick of things.”

On 12/9/2017 at 1:52 AM, Almighty_Jado said:

Kapak silently cursed while trying not to flinch with every toss of the fiery throwing knife.

"Greetings," Kapak said, bowing slightly with one had on his chest. As he finished bowing, the innards of his ship gurgled as a Djinn sentinel hovered out from the cargo bay. It appeared to holding a (very bloodstained) piece of paper, which it deposited into the hand of Kapak.

"What is your name?" Kapak asked the Ember as he peered at the paper with his nonexistent eyes.

“Let’s be honest you aren’t any more happy about this than I am.” She says. “So let’s not delude ourselves into thinking we’ll be friends.  You go a few days without infecting anyone important and we’ll talk.”

She flips the knife one more time, then slams it into her sheath. 

“Now you mentioned a hunting trip.” She says. “What sort of prey are you looking for?”

On 12/9/2017 at 3:58 AM, (PS4)gamegod-2002 said:

He flys to cover and checks if weapons are enabled. "This might go poorly then again i have no training." He thought.  

“Dark, get ready to cloak and grab the datamass in my mark.” She says. “I will keep him off guard.”

She draws her rifle and sights down. 

Philips and Sanders move closer, Tirion seems to perk up and peers about.

”Neat tick.” He says. “But the moment that datamass moves I’ll see you.”

19 hours ago, Rakawan said:

“Dark, get ready to cloak and grab the datamass in my mark.” She says. “I will keep him off guard.”

She draws her rifle and sights down. 

Philips and Sanders move closer, Tirion seems to perk up and peers about.

”Neat tick.” He says. “But the moment that datamass moves I’ll see you.”

Growls at her demanding because he was about to sai it and cloaks. "Oh how id love to order her to do anything I wanted."  He thinks.

Edited by (PS4)gamegod-2002

13 hours ago, Rakawan said:

The void currents linking the locations are thin. In a moment you feel something yank you through what feels like an inch wide tunnel, and you find yourself on the ground below, by what appears to be a rigged beacon with a void prismarite bulb. 

You can hear the barest whisper of laughter float away on the wind.

It would appear he was expected.  That made this interesting, at least.  Richard looked around.

31 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

It would appear he was expected.  That made this interesting, at least.  Richard looked around.

Tak and the others join you. You can see the surveillance outpost in the distance. The automated defense turrets pointed at your location are in ruins, rolling on the floor as if torn from their ashes with great force. 

A scattering of shots hits your location, all of them missing the group.

You sense a pulse of void energy ahead and a second later an Ogma careens overhead to crash into an outcropping before you.

The way to the outpost lies clear, the defense that once protected it littering the sides of the path.

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

Tak and the others join you. You can see the surveillance outpost in the distance. The automated defense turrets pointed at your location are in ruins, rolling on the floor as if torn from their ashes with great force. 

A scattering of shots hits your location, all of them missing the group.

You sense a pulse of void energy ahead and a second later an Ogma careens overhead to crash into an outcropping before you.

The way to the outpost lies clear, the defense that once protected it littering the sides of the path.

"Shall we?" Richard asked before setting off toward the outpost.

6 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"Shall we?" Richard asked before setting off toward the outpost.

Akama draws a Paris Prime and notches an arrow. Elise slides a magazine into her Braton Prime.

Tak flicks his wrist, emptying the tea onto the rocks. The cup dissolves into a ball of light that lengthens and solidifies into a spear.

”Lead the way.” He says.

You make it a third of that way before you encounter a group of Grineer workers huddled around something on the ground. None seem armed, odd considering their workspace, apart from the welding and cutting tools strapped to their backs.

30 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Akama draws a Paris Prime and notches an arrow. Elise slides a magazine into her Braton Prime.

Tak flicks his wrist, emptying the tea onto the rocks. The cup dissolves into a ball of light that lengthens and solidifies into a spear.

”Lead the way.” He says.

You make it a third of that way before you encounter a group of Grineer workers huddled around something on the ground. None seem armed, odd considering their workspace, apart from the welding and cutting tools strapped to their backs.

Richard stopped and Void Dashed out of his Warframe and into the middle of the group of Grineer, staying cloaked in the Void while he looked at what they were gathered around.  After a few moments' contemplation, he Void Dashed back to his Warframe and resumed Transference.

13 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard stopped and Void Dashed out of his Warframe and into the middle of the group of Grineer, staying cloaked in the Void while he looked at what they were gathered around.  After a few moments' contemplation, he Void Dashed back to his Warframe and resumed Transference.

They are looking at what almost appears to be a roller. However on closer inspection you can see that it is a ball made from Grineer armor and seems to be leaking blood.

One of the workers, after a good jostling match with his fellows, reaches down and grabs it. 

For a split second nothing happens, then, as if grabbed and pulled by some invisible arm he is lifted from his feet and goes flying off the ledge and down into a pitch black chasm, still clutching the ball. His screams suddenly cut off, and a moment later two metal balls rocket out of the chasm to land in the group. One is blue and black, like the armor of a lancer, the other is brown and grey, like the armor of the worker who just vanished. Both appear to be leaking blood and this time you can see a thin white sliver of what appears to be bone sandwiched between layers of metal.

Edited by Rakawan

Just now, Rakawan said:

They are looking at what almost appears to be a roller. However on closer inspection you can see that it is a ball made from Grineer armor and seems to be leaking blood.

One of the workers, are a good jostling match with his fellows, reaches down and grabs it. 

For a split second nothing happens, then, as if grabbed and pulled by some invisible arm he is lifted from his feet and goes flying off the ledge and down into a pitch black chasm, still clutching the ball. His screams suddenly cut off, and a moment later two metal balls rocket out of the chasm to land in the group. One is blue and black, like the armor of a lancer, the other is brown and grey, like the armor of the worker who just vanished. Both appear to be leaking blood and this time you can see a thin white sliver of what appears to be bone sandwiched between layers of metal.

Richard chuckled.  An exceptional application of the idea.

He continued up the path toward the outpost.

2 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard chuckled.  An exceptional application of the idea.

He continued up the path toward the outpost.

The others skirt around the workers, and join you. 

The path is suspiciously empty. The automated defenses lie on the ground like before, and the few Grineer you encounter are either too... compresssed to be any threat, or are staring down untitled the chasm. 

Howecer That changes once you reach the outpost. It’s automated defenses are active and you can see guards patrolling its walls.

There is a pipe in the chasm beside you dumping industrial waste into the inky blackness.

15 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The others skirt around the workers, and join you. 

The path is suspiciously empty. The automated defenses lie on the ground like before, and the few Grineer you encounter are either too... compresssed to be any threat, or are staring down untitled the chasm. 

Howecer That changes once you reach the outpost. It’s automated defenses are active and you can see guards patrolling its walls.

There is a pipe in the chasm beside you dumping industrial waste into the inky blackness.

It seemed a bit quiet for a place in the middle of a war zone, but then again whenever Tenno were involved the status quo went out the window.  Richard continued up the path.

15 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

It seemed a bit quiet for a place in the middle of a war zone, but then again whenever Tenno were involved the status quo went out the window.  Richard continued up the path.

There is no room continue forwards without drawing the attention of the guards and turrets. Doing so would likely also draw the attention of whatever forces were in the area. The base seems perfectly located so that anyone trying to get close must cross open space. 

Besides the chasm, which runs right up to the smooth outpost wall, there is no viable approach. Said wall seems to have dedicated sentries warching it, preventing it from hiding you any further than the oversized waste tube.

Edited by Rakawan

18 hours ago, Rakawan said:

“Let’s be honest you aren’t any more happy about this than I am.” She says. “So let’s not delude ourselves into thinking we’ll be friends.  You go a few days without infecting anyone important and we’ll talk.”

She flips the knife one more time, then slams it into her sheath. 

“Now you mentioned a hunting trip.” She says. “What sort of prey are you looking for?”

Kapak lowered the bloody piece of paper, which was covered in writing that looked like it had been written with tentacles' suction cups in black ink. Kapak pointed a finger at one of the strings of 'text'. "An organism that matches this specific sequence in its genome, the Colsanti-Arco Allele. It is a trait unable to be observed by most, except, ahem, I."

Kapak raised the paper and the Djinn extended a small claw, grabbed it, and flew back into the ship. "To be quite honest, w- I do not know what exactly on your planet carries these genes. The only clue that, ahem, I have is that it surfaces in only the hardiest of organisms, ones that can survive, and thrive in difficult, hostile environments."

24 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

There is no room continue forwards without drawing the attention of the guards and turrets. Doing so would likely also draw the attention of whatever forces were in the area. The base seems perfectly located so that anyone trying to get close must cross open space. 

Besides the chasm, which runs right up to the smooth outpost wall, there is no viable approach. Said wall seems to have dedicated sentries warching it, preventing it from hiding you any further than the oversized waste tube.

So the tube itself was a visual marker of the boundary.  Right, then.

Richard looked to the group.  "Normally, I would go in hot, but as Darrin no doubt has a plan for this area I would prefer to leave at least the infrastructure as...  undamaged as possible.  Beyond the obvious 'Void-empowered stealth mode', any suggestions for doing so?"

Edited by Yzjdriel
inflection

3 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Kapak lowered the bloody piece of paper, which was covered in writing that looked like it had been written with tentacles' suction cups in black ink. Kapak pointed a finger at one of the strings of 'text'. "An organism that matches this specific sequence in its genome, the Colsanti-Arco Allele. It is a trait unable to be observed by most, except, ahem, I."

Kapak raised the paper and the Djinn extended a small claw, grabbed it, and flew back into the ship. "To be quite honest, w- I do not know what exactly on your planet carries these genes. The only clue that, ahem, I have is that it surfaces in only the hardiest of organisms, ones that can survive, and thrive in difficult, hostile environments."

“You’ll want behemoths or fluffles then.” She says. “And for all our sakes I hope it’s fluffles. I’ll get a transport out to the plains, follow me.”

She begins walking towards what appears to be the hangar exit.

3 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

So the tube itself was a visual marker of the boundary.  Right, then.

Richard looked to the group.  "Normally, I would go in hot, but as Darrin no doubt has a plan for this area I would prefer to leave at least the infrastructure as...  undamaged as possible.  Beyond the obvious 'Void-empowered stealth mode', any suggestions for doing so?"

Tak looks at the tubeband scratches his chin.

Akama follows his gaze and shakes his head.

”No.” He says. “I refuse to go to crawling through filth. We should attack head on.”