The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

54 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“You’ll want behemoths or fluffles then.” She says. “And for all our sakes I hope it’s fluffles. I’ll get a transport out to the plains, follow me.”

She begins walking towards what appears to be the hangar exit.

"Behemoths.....?" Kapak questioned.
"FLUFFLES.....?" Helminth's voice echoed his confusion.

Whatever these things were, they were in for an interesting adventure. "Helminth, stay with the ship, but be ready in case trouble arises. There are rumors that the Steel Meridian were here recently on military business, and it would be good to be prepared for conflict." A Helminth Charger sauntered out of the ship with a Caustacyst in its mouth. Kapak picked it up. The charger's side unfolded into a mass of tentacles, dropping an Embolist onto the ground in a puddle of slime. "Thank you," Kapak said, picking up the living pistol. His hand split apart as he reached down, devouring the gun into his body.

"I DO WISH YOU LUCK, MASTER," The charger bowed its head and walked back to the ship, grabbing a maggot that was trying to escape along the way. Kapak slung the infested scythe over his shoulder and ran to catch up with the Ember.
"So," he asked, with genuine curiosity, "Is it true about the Steel Meridian? They're in the middle of a skirmish with the Grineer right now, right?"

On 12/11/2017 at 6:37 PM, Rakawan said:

“Both.” The Ash says. “It occurred to me that you may not know the way around. Oddly enough none of the others seemed concerned.”

He nods at the Galantine.

”Heavy blade.” He says. “Slow and lethal. Good for someone who fights in the thick of things.”

He gives a dull,hollow chuckle, a dark miasma seemingly forming around him out of nowhere, he tilts his head down, shadowing his eyes for a few moments " not concerned ehh? He hehe, I wonder... have they ever been punted before" he mumbles semi audibly, before the miasma vanishes into thin air and he straightens up a bit. Brushing his fingers over the hilt with a semi distant look to eye, "aye, it's served me well over the years" he says in a slightly far off tone before refocusing on tony, " now" he says, a bit more boisterously, "shall we be off, I have some children to pun- i mean educate."

Edited by 8009alpha

17 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

"Behemoths.....?" Kapak questioned.
"FLUFFLES.....?" Helminth's voice echoed his confusion.

Whatever these things were, they were in for an interesting adventure. "Helminth, stay with the ship, but be ready in case trouble arises. There are rumors that the Steel Meridian were here recently on military business, and it would be good to be prepared for conflict." A Helminth Charger sauntered out of the ship with a Caustacyst in its mouth. Kapak picked it up. The charger's side unfolded into a mass of tentacles, dropping an Embolist onto the ground in a puddle of slime. "Thank you," Kapak said, picking up the living pistol. His hand split apart as he reached down, devouring the gun into his body.

"I DO WISH YOU LUCK, MASTER," The charger bowed its head and walked back to the ship, grabbing a maggot that was trying to escape along the way. Kapak slung the infested scythe over his shoulder and ran to catch up with the Ember.
"So," he asked, with genuine curiosity, "Is it true about the Steel Meridian? They're in the middle of a skirmish with the Grineer right now, right?"

“Around Ceres, yes.” She says. “Possibly Saturn. Sargas Ruk decided to make a play for Lua, left his bases open.”

”We’ll try fluffles first.” She says. “Darn furballs have been swarming our farms lately. The farmers are hard pressed to keep the crops safe. That and Behemoths require a license to hunt. Vengeful beings those Behemoths. Once wounded they’ll chase a hunter back to the walls unless killed first. Last time that happened it took several Archons to drive the herd off. They are still repairing the damage to the walls.”

The transport is a four wheeled vehicle like those seen in pictures of pre-Orokin earth. It has several bars to grab onto, but no restraining straps. Considering the sound it makes when started odds are good it has no inertial dampeners or safety fields as well.

Edited by Rakawan

7 hours ago, 8009alpha said:

He gives a dull,hollow chuckle, a dark miasma seemingly forming around him out of nowhere, he tilts his head down, shadowing his eyes for a few moments " not concerned ehh? He hehe, I wonder... have they ever been punted before" he mumbles semi audibly, before the miasma vanishes into thin air and he straightens up a bit. Brushing his fingers over the hilt with a semi distant look to eye, "aye, it's served me well over the years" he says in a slightly far off tone before refocusing on tony, " now" he says, a bit more boisterously, "shall we be off, I have some children to pun- i mean educate."

Tony remains silent as you walk. It takes only a few minutes to teach the monastery, courtesy of Tony’s knowledge of the teleportation systems scattered throughout the city. 

Upon arriving in the monastery courtyard you see a strange sight. A Nova is running around with a ball of anti-matter, being chased by a very official looking Nekros. A Rhino is running back and forth, trying to catch a Zephyr who seems to be holding a Red Veil sigil in her hands.

On 12/11/2017 at 10:03 PM, (PS4)gamegod-2002 said:

Growls at her demanding because he was about to sai it and cloaks. "Oh how id love to order her to do anything I wanted."  He thinks.

Phillips flies low, decloaking only to fire a shot, and then slipping back. Sanders harrassses Tirion as well, tossing a nullifier grenade at the Rhino’s feet.

Together they begin to draw the Rhino away from the prize.

2 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Tony remains silent as you walk. It takes only a few minutes to teach the monastery, courtesy of Tony’s knowledge of the teleportation systems scattered throughout the city. 

Upon arriving in the monastery courtyard you see a strange sight. A Nova is running around with a ball of anti-matter, being chased by a very official looking Nekros. A Rhino is running back and forth, trying to catch a Zephyr who seems to be holding a Red Veil sigil in her hands.

“What the hell have I gotten myself into” he mumbles, exasperated before introducing the palm of his hand with his face. After a second or so of wallowing, he sucks in a breath of air before shouting out “WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU ALL DOING” slightly augmenting his shout with his roar ability, looking more  annoyed with the situation more than anything, his warframe glowing with repressed void energy.

Edited by 8009alpha

16 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Tak looks at the tubeband scratches his chin.

Akama follows his gaze and shakes his head.

”No.” He says. “I refuse to go to crawling through filth. We should attack head on.”

"Void-Empowered Stealth Mode it is," said Richard with a clap of his hands.  He looked up the path.  "Shouldn't bee too difficult to get up there."  He scanned the path for potential places to hide while not cloaked in the Void.

1 hour ago, Yzjdriel said:

"Void-Empowered Stealth Mode it is," said Richard with a clap of his hands.  He looked up the path.  "Shouldn't bee too difficult to get up there."  He scanned the path for potential places to hide while not cloaked in the Void.

The distance is too great to cover while cloaked. It looks like you would make it about halfway before being found. 

Tak extends his presence outwards, testing the void flows. After a moment he snaps back.

”Severed.” He says. “The Void currents in this area have been severed. There is not flow of energy from here into the base.”

1 hour ago, 8009alpha said:

“What the hell have I gotten myself into” he mumbles, exasperated before introducing the palm of his hand with his face. After a second or so of wallowing, he sucks in a breath of air before shouting out “WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU ALL DOING” slightly augmenting his shout with his roar ability, looking more realistic annoyed with the situation more than anything, his warframe glowing with repressed void energy.

Tony stands at attention. The Zephyr fumbles the sigil, which the Rhino grabs and slaps back in his chest. Her game concluded the Zephyr descends and takes her place next to the others. The Nova trips, the ball of anti-matter slowly sinking towards the ground. Inches before it touches the Nekros scoops it up, dispelling it.

”You should be thankful Grandmaster Tak is not here.” He snaps. “He would have your hide for such foolishness.”

The Nova seems to pout, pulling herself to her feet and standing rather reluctantly in line with the others.

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

Tony stands at attention. The Zephyr fumbles the sigil, which the Rhino grabs and slaps back in his chest. Her game concluded the Zephyr descends and takes her place next to the others. The Nova trips, the ball of anti-matter slowly sinking towards the ground. Inches before it touches the Nekros scoops it up, dispelling it.

”You should be thankful Grandmaster Tak is not here.” He snaps. “He would have your hide for such foolishness.”

The Nova seems to pout, pulling herself to her feet and standing rather reluctantly in line with the others.

“Alright, now that I have all of your attention would someone explain to me, what i just walked in on? Because from where I stand, it looks like I just walked in on toddlers playing an elaborate game of keep away” he say with a stern voice towards the three younger ones in front of him. “And pardon me, but I don’t believe we’ve met” he says to the nekros.

5 hours ago, Rakawan said:

“Around Ceres, yes.” She says. “Possibly Saturn. Sargas Ruk decided to make a play for Lua, left his bases open.”

”We’ll try fluffles first.” She says. “Darn furballs have been swarming our farms lately. The farmers are hard pressed to keep the crops safe. That and Behemoths require a license to hunt. Vengeful beings those Behemoths. Once wounded they’ll chase a hunter back to the walls unless killed first. Last time that happened it took several Archons to drive the herd off. They are still repairing the damage to the walls.”

The transport is a four wheeled vehicle like those seen in pictures of pre-Orokin earth. It has several bars to grab onto, but no restraining straps. Considering the sound it makes when started odds are good it has no inertial dampeners or safety fields as well.

Kapak snorted. These Fluffle things sounded pathetic, and he doubted their hardiness. But these Behemoths.... they sounded impressive.

Kapak climbed onto the thing. "Well, best of luck to them, they're going to need it." He sat down in the back seat. The boxy shape of the whole thing was contradictory to modern vehicles, and rather uncomfortable. "Wow," he said, "where did you get technology like this? And how is it still working?"

46 minutes ago, 8009alpha said:

“Alright, now that I have all of your attention would someone explain to me, what i just walked in on? Because from where I stand, it looks like I just walked in on toddlers playing an elaborate game of keep away” he say with a stern voice towards the three younger ones in front of him. “And pardon me, but I don’t believe we’ve met” he says to the nekros.

Tony seems to radiate smug satisfaction, while the others are in various stages of regret. 

The Rhino raises his voice to explain what is no doubt his side of events. The Zephyr cuts him off just as the Nova begins to hum loudly. Very loudly.

Unfortunately the noise blocks out most of what the Nekros is saying. You catch the name “Gideon”, the word “Ascendant”, and what, from the tone and following exit, appears to be an apology for having to go deal with another issue.

Edited by Rakawan

51 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Tony seems to radiate smug satisfaction, while the others are in various stages of regret. 

The Rhino raises his voice to explain what is no doubt his side of events. The Zephyr cuts him off just as the Nova begins to hum loudly. Very loudly.

Unfortunately the noise blocks out most of what the Nekros is saying. You catch the name “Gideon”, the word “Ascendant”, and what, from the tone and following exit, appears to be an apology for having to go deal with another issue.

“Zip it” he says, pointing to the nova, moving up towards the line of his new students, coming to a stop about four feet in front of them. “All of you be quiet and wait your turn, or I’m using you as target practice, been a while since I’ve punted anything smaller than a grineer arson and I am more than willing to use you all as my targets, now” he says, turning his gaze to the rhino. “Say what you where going to say” he says as he crosses his arms and towers over the four of them.

33 minutes ago, 8009alpha said:

“Zip it” he says, pointing to the nova, moving up towards the line of his new students, coming to a stop about four feet in front of them. “All of you be quiet and wait your turn, or I’m using you as target practice, been a while since I’ve punted anything smaller than a grineer arson and I am more than willing to use you all as my targets, now” he says, turning his gaze to the rhino. “Say what you where going to say” he says as he crosses his arms and towers over the four of them.

“She stole my sigil.” He starts.

”Sigils are projections.” The Nova says. “You can’t ‘steal’ them.”

”You can if you know how to hack.” The Zephyr says.

Out of the corner of your eye you see Tony take a few steps to the side, away from the group.

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

“She stole my sigil.” He starts.

”Sigils are projections.” The Nova says. “You can’t ‘steal’ them.”

”You can if you know how to hack.” The Zephyr says.

Out of the corner of your eye you see Tony take a few steps to the side, away from the group.

Quickly flicking out his galatine, he throws it point first into the ground, cutting off Tony's escape. Turning back to the three bickering, he gives each one a punch to the top of the nova,s and zephyr,s heads "you" he says, turning to the zephyr, "and you" he turns to the nova "and you" he says, leaning down to here face, "playing with singularity's when not near an enemy, is a Nono." He says, giving her a firm pat on the head. "Now, no more trying to take other people's stuff" he says leaning back up to his full height, looking at the three of them before turning to tony, "where do you think your going" he says questioningly.

21 hours ago, Rakawan said:

The distance is too great to cover while cloaked. It looks like you would make it about halfway before being found. 

Tak extends his presence outwards, testing the void flows. After a moment he snaps back.

”Severed.” He says. “The Void currents in this area have been severed. There is not flow of energy from here into the base.”

Richard produced a pair of energy restores.  "We can make it without Transference if we hustle."

On 12/15/2017 at 5:17 PM, (PS4)gamegod-2002 said:

*Cloak and grabs it running away*

Your impatience costs you, as Tirion nearlycatches you with the blade of his sword as you close in. The moment you touch the datamass the simulation pauses. 

“Simulation complete.” A voice says. “Transitioning to next stage.”

On 12/13/2017 at 1:22 PM, Almighty_Jado said:

Kapak snorted. These Fluffle things sounded pathetic, and he doubted their hardiness. But these Behemoths.... they sounded impressive.

Kapak climbed onto the thing. "Well, best of luck to them, they're going to need it." He sat down in the back seat. The boxy shape of the whole thing was contradictory to modern vehicles, and rather uncomfortable. "Wow," he said, "where did you get technology like this? And how is it still working?"

“When the clllny first started we lacked a lot of “modern tech”.” The Ember says. “So we took what we could from old digsites on earth. These babies used to run on burning fossils. We did manage to finally upgrade the engines to something more sustainable, but by then we were all used to the shape of these things.”

The engine makes a growling noise and suddenly leaps forwards, bouncing over a curb and onto the road leading to a large gate.

On 12/14/2017 at 8:50 AM, Yzjdriel said:

Richard produced a pair of energy restores.  "We can make it without Transference if we hustle."

“Agreed.” Tak says. “Our abilities will still work inside. But we will not be able to jump back to the ship of our frames are destroyed.”

On 12/13/2017 at 5:12 PM, 8009alpha said:

Quickly flicking out his galatine, he throws it point first into the ground, cutting off Tony's escape. Turning back to the three bickering, he gives each one a punch to the top of the nova,s and zephyr,s heads "you" he says, turning to the zephyr, "and you" he turns to the nova "and you" he says, leaning down to here face, "playing with singularity's when not near an enemy, is a Nono." He says, giving her a firm pat on the head. "Now, no more trying to take other people's stuff" he says leaning back up to his full height, looking at the three of them before turning to tony, "where do you think your going" he says questioningly.

“Stepping out of the line of fire, sir.” Tony says. 

“Back in the Corp we’d call that abandoning your post.” Seth, the younger Rhino, hisses under his breath.

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Agreed.” Tak says. “Our abilities will still work inside. But we will not be able to jump back to the ship of our frames are destroyed.”

"Then we'd best make sure that doesn't happen."  Richard held up a hand and counted down from five to ensure that the whole group moved as one.  He didn't want anyone getting stranded without enough energy to make it all the way.

When he reached zero, he moved.

4 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

"Then we'd best make sure that doesn't happen."  Richard held up a hand and counted down from five to ensure that the whole group moved as one.  He didn't want anyone getting stranded without enough energy to make it all the way.

When he reached zero, he moved.

The others follow close behind. The stretch of open ground seems to drag on forever as your energy reserves dwindle.

After what feels like ages you reach the wall. Elise calls her frame to her, and begins to melt through the wall.

Tak meanwhile opens a private channel.

”You are, I trust, aware of the Arbiters true plans for the Paragons.” He says. “How do you think the Tenno council will react, given our past history with them?”

Edited by Rakawan

3 hours ago, Rakawan said:

“Stepping out of the line of fire, sir.” Tony says. 

“Back in the Corp we’d call that abandoning your post.” Seth, the younger Rhino, hisses under his breath.

“And in my family, we call that “volunteering”” he says, walking over and tearing his sword out of the ground. Placing it back on his back, he takes a step or two back, standing still agian, he crosses his arms and stares at the four of them. “Right, now that that’s out of the way, I don’t think we’ve all properly introduced each other, my names is forrest and no that is not my actual name but it’s what I go by.” He says. “Now, it’s your all’s turn, besides, it’s the least you can do, after leaving me with your tab last night” he says, giving them a friendly smile that seems just a tad bit... sinister, the dark purple miasma once again appearing.

1 hour ago, 8009alpha said:

“And in my family, we call that “volunteering”” he says, walking over and tearing his sword out of the ground. Placing it back on his back, he takes a step or two back, standing still agian, he crosses his arms and stares at the four of them. “Right, now that that’s out of the way, I don’t think we’ve all properly introduced each other, my names is forrest and no that is not my actual name but it’s what I go by.” He says. “Now, it’s your all’s turn, besides, it’s the least you can do, after leaving me with your tab last night” he says, giving them a friendly smile that seems just a tad bit... sinister, the dark purple miasma once again appearing.

Tony goes first.

”I am Tony.” He says. 

The others wait for a bit, as if expecting more.

”And I was trained as a child by the one Tenno call the Stalker.” He says. “Who I believe now understands that I will NOT be following in his footsteps, and is none to happy about that.”

The Rhino steps forward.

”I am Seth.” He says. “Former page of Sir Jas, and former Archon prior to my ascension.”

The Zephyr curtsies.

”Maurice.” She says. “Master hacker.”

The Rhino snorts at this.

”And I am Lucy.” The Nova says. “And keeper of our official mascot.”

She holds up what appears to be a paper mache unicorn.

”For the last time and the love of all that is holy, we are not going to be the flying unicorns.” Seth snaps. “One they would be called Pegasi, and two...”

”For someone opposed to the concept you seem to know an awful lot about old world horses.” Tony says snidely.

You begin to grasp why the other teachers gave up on this group.

Edited by Rakawan