The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

13 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"I haven't a clue how or why you became a Paragon in the first place, so I won't try to convince you of anything.  I'll just give you the same summons I gave Akama.  Your Arbiter calls, Alana.  How do you respond?"

“Hope holds no motivation for me. Nor morality, nor desperation, nor survival.” She says. “But I do still understand honor. I will answer the call, even if it does nothing to delay the inevitable end. It wil be nice to have mine clan there, after so long in solitude, when the world comes to a close.”

Edited by Rakawan

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

“Hope holds no motivation for me. Nor morality, nor desperation, nor survival.” She says. “But I do still understand honor. I will answer the call, even if it does nothing to delay the inevitable end.”

Richard nodded.  "An interesting worldview, but not an unjustifiable one.  I believe we still have one or two more of your brethren to find before we return to the Arbiter?" he asked Tak.

17 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard nodded.  "An interesting worldview, but not an unjustifiable one.  I believe we still have one or two more of your brethren to find before we return to the Arbiter?" he asked Tak.

“Actually we have about five more.” Tak says. “But for now let us focus on the task at hand. Darrin still needs this surveillance station.”

Edited by Rakawan

1 hour ago, Yzjdriel said:

"That should be trivial with all of us here."

“Indeed.” Alana says. “Especially since the remaining Grineer have locked themselves into various books and crannies, and I have disabled their distress beacon.”

Edited by Rakawan

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

“Indeed.” Alana says. “Especially since the remaining Grineer have locked themselves into various nooks and crannies, and I have disabled their distress beacon.”

Richard chuckled softly and turned to the group.  "Alright, then.  Shall we go hunting?"

5 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard chuckled softly and turned to the group.  "Alright, then.  Shall we go hunting?"

The suggestion is met with great enthusiasm. 

You encounter few Grineer until you reach the control room. It seems the remainder have barricaded themselves inside and are trying to send out a distress signal.

6 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Serena follows you down the hall. It appears mostly empty.

”Hang on.” She says. “Scanners detecting a mobile abnormality, I can’t pin down a location.”

A fan of arrows suddenly appears, passing a few feet under both of you. 

"Great booby-traps"  dark thinks. "watch out for more keep vertical but be really to dodge " dark says. Dark checks the arm and hands of his armor for devices. 

Edited by (PS4)gamegod-2002

On 2017-12-19 at 8:07 AM, Rakawan said:

“When the clllny first started we lacked a lot of “modern tech”.” The Ember says. “So we took what we could from old digsites on earth. These babies used to run on burning fossils. We did manage to finally upgrade the engines to something more sustainable, but by then we were all used to the shape of these things.”

The engine makes a growling noise and suddenly leaps forwards, bouncing over a curb and onto the road leading to a large gate.

Kapak dug his hands onto the side of the vehicle, probably denting the metal a little bit in his alarm. After a while though, he grew accustomed to and almost enjoyed the ride.

As he relaxed, he looked around to take in the sights.

19 hours ago, Rakawan said:

The suggestion is met with great enthusiasm. 

You encounter few Grineer until you reach the control room. It seems the remainder have barricaded themselves inside and are trying to send out a distress signal.

"I'm assuming we still don't want to set off alarms," Richard said rhetorically.  He knelt, reaching out to stun the nearest Grineer before debuting his latest Manifested trick.  Now unconscious, the Grineer Lancer was unable to fight back as Richard's Manifest began rapidly firing his neurons, causing the lancer to pick up his rifle and begin firing at his comrades.

15 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Kapak dug his hands onto the side of the vehicle, probably denting the metal a little bit in his alarm. After a while though, he grew accustomed to and almost enjoyed the ride.

As he relaxed, he looked around to take in the sights.

The moment you clear the gate the Jeep jumps forward again, racing across the plains with reckless speed. 

Eventually the ground levels out and you see a forest nearby. There appears to be a giant fabric sheet spread out over a portion of the plains nearby, nearly a tenth of a mile across. 

“Ahh Good.” The Ember says. “A grazing pillow. You’re in luck.”

She cuts the engine and jumps out, motioning for you to follow.

11 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"I'm assuming we still don't want to set off alarms," Richard said rhetorically.  He knelt, reaching out to stun the nearest Grineer before debuting his latest Manifested trick.  Now unconscious, the Grineer Lancer was unable to fight back as Richard's Manifest began rapidly firing his neurons, causing the lancer to pick up his rifle and begin firing at his comrades.

Said Lancer, a Nightwatch Officer charged with overseeing this post, guns down his allies in a matter of seconds. Oddly enough your connection allows you to hijack his sight, granting a view of the room.

7 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Said Lancer, a Nightwatch Officer charged with overseeing this post, guns down his allies in a matter of seconds. Oddly enough your connection allows you to hijack his sight, granting a view of the room.

Richard used the officer to clear the entire room before having him take the barricade down.

16 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard used the officer to clear the entire room before having him take the barricade down.

The officer clears the rest of the room and begins working on the barricade. Halfway through he suddenly stiffens and collapses, his neurons burned out. 

Alana gestures lazily and the remaining obstacles behind the door fly to the side, before settling quietly to the ground.

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The officer clears the rest of the room and begins working on the barricade. Halfway through he suddenly stiffens and collapses, his neurons burned out. 

Alana gestures lazily and the remaining obstacles behind the door fly to the side, before settling quietly to the ground.

Richard opened his eyes and stood up, nodding to Alana.  "Right, then.  We have control of the place.  Does our Arbiter require anything else?"

1 minute ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard opened his eyes and stood up, nodding to Alana.  "Right, then.  We have control of the place.  Does our Arbiter require anything else?"

“A direct link to the system would be nice.” Darrin’s voice says. “Otherwise it is useless to me.”

16 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“A direct link to the system would be nice.” Darrin’s voice says. “Otherwise it is useless to me.”

"No need to be sarcastic with me, Darrin," Richard said as he plugged a datamass into the terminal.  "I don't remember there ever being a time where you DIDN'T need a direct link to a system  I meant anything else on this planet."

9 hours ago, Rakawan said:

The moment you clear the gate the Jeep jumps forward again, racing across the plains with reckless speed. 

Eventually the ground levels out and you see a forest nearby. There appears to be a giant fabric sheet spread out over a portion of the plains nearby, nearly a tenth of a mile across. 

“Ahh Good.” The Ember says. “A grazing pillow. You’re in luck.”

She cuts the engine and jumps out, motioning for you to follow.

Kapak wobbled on his legs as he exited the rustic vehicle. He tried not to hurl up maggots as he stumbled forward after the Ember.

He distracted himself by taking in the sweet atmosphere of the planet. He could feel himself growing stronger already, absorbing the nitrogen and clean oxygen from the air. His limbs probably expanded a little bit as they sucked in the sweet O2 from around him, causing him to grow a couple centimetres upwards.

”This planet, it’s very nice,” Kapak called out to the Ember, “was it always like this? Or was it terraformed by the Orokin?”

30 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Kapak wobbled on his legs as he exited the rustic vehicle. He tried not to hurl up maggots as he stumbled forward after the Ember.

He distracted himself by taking in the sweet atmosphere of the planet. He could feel himself growing stronger already, absorbing the nitrogen and clean oxygen from the air. His limbs probably expanded a little bit as they sucked in the sweet O2 from around him, causing him to grow a couple centimetres upwards.

”This planet, it’s very nice,” Kapak called out to the Ember, “was it always like this? Or was it terraformed by the Orokin?”

“Far as we can tell it was terraformed shortly before the collapse.” The Ember says. “We don’t know if that was before or after they buried a Sentient here.”

As you draw closer you can see that the solid fluffy sheet is not so solid. In fact it appears to be made of several large balls of fur. As you watch one of them tilts, revealing a cute little head with adorably large eyes. The entire sheet ripples as the other small creatures turn and stare at you. There are several hundred of the things, possibly 

”Here we go.” The Ember says. “A pillow of fluffles. Should be enough to test whatever you need to test. Try to kill as many as you can. A herd this large could easily wipe out a months worth of crops.”

9 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

"No need to be sarcastic with me, Darrin," Richard said as he plugged a datamass into the terminal.  "I don't remember there ever being a time where you DIDN'T need a direct link to a system  I meant anything else on this planet."

“We shall see.” He says. “Hmmm, large void signature in this area, but no notable structures. Alana, any idea what is going on there?”

Alana checks the map.

”Oh those are the plaguelands.” She says. “Poisonous air, acid rain, not a pleasant place. Grineer learned to steer clear long ago, as did I. Without a frame I wouldn’t last long.”

4 hours ago, Rakawan said:

“Far as we can tell it was terraformed shortly before the collapse.” The Ember says. “We don’t know if that was before or after they buried a Sentient here.”

As you draw closer you can see that the solid fluffy sheet is not so solid. In fact it appears to be made of several large balls of fur. As you watch one of them tilts, revealing a cute little head with adorably large eyes. The entire sheet ripples as the other small creatures turn and stare at you. There are several hundred of the things, possibly 

”Here we go.” The Ember says. “A pillow of fluffles. Should be enough to test whatever you need to test. Try to kill as many as you can. A herd this large could easily wipe out a months worth of crops.”

Kapak knelt down next to the quivering ball of fluff, watching his own reflection in its glistening eyes. The creature reeked of the scent of the CA allele. Kapak breathes in.

”Yes....” he stood up, raising his hands to the heavens, savouring the odour of the creatures as the pile of them shuffled about. “Perfect.”

In a flash of violent gore and a shower of viscera, Kapak seemed to erupt in a swarm of tendrils, latching onto dozens of the fur balls at once, dragging them into his chest cavity where they disappeared in a spray of blood.

After putting a sizeable dent in the Fluffles’ pillow’s population, Kapak pauses for a moment, collecting himself from his ravenous ecstasy. Blood dripped from his torso as he turned to the Ember. “These are excellent. How such pathetic creatures can carry what I need is amazing, but I welcome an easy job. However, they’re so small and.... unsubstantial. Even if I were to.... consume the rest here, I would need much more. But it looks like they breed quite fast.”

On 12/23/2017 at 12:46 AM, Almighty_Jado said:

Kapak knelt down next to the quivering ball of fluff, watching his own reflection in its glistening eyes. The creature reeked of the scent of the CA allele. Kapak breathes in.

”Yes....” he stood up, raising his hands to the heavens, savouring the odour of the creatures as the pile of them shuffled about. “Perfect.”

In a flash of violent gore and a shower of viscera, Kapak seemed to erupt in a swarm of tendrils, latching onto dozens of the fur balls at once, dragging them into his chest cavity where they disappeared in a spray of blood.

After putting a sizeable dent in the Fluffles’ pillow’s population, Kapak pauses for a moment, collecting himself from his ravenous ecstasy. Blood dripped from his torso as he turned to the Ember. “These are excellent. How such pathetic creatures can carry what I need is amazing, but I welcome an easy job. However, they’re so small and.... unsubstantial. Even if I were to.... consume the rest here, I would need much more. But it looks like they breed quite fast.”

With the herd nearly depleted you can sense another source nearby, one large enough that the scent of the allele can almost be tasted. It appears to be coming from the forest a few meters from where the herd was.

3 hours ago, Rakawan said:

With the herd nearly depleted you can sense another source nearby, one large enough that the scent of the allele can almost be tasted. It appears to be coming from the forest a few meters from where the herd was.

"There." Kapak sprinted full tilt towards the scent. As he ran, Helminth's voice sounded in his mind.
"AH.... MASTER.... FEED US MORE. LET US BECOME WHAT WE ONCE WERE."

"Hang on, Helminth," Kapak whispered, "I'm on the trail as we speak."

8 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

"There." Kapak sprinted full tilt towards the scent. As he ran, Helminth's voice sounded in his mind.
"AH.... MASTER.... FEED US MORE. LET US BECOME WHAT WE ONCE WERE."

"Hang on, Helminth," Kapak whispered, "I'm on the trail as we speak."

You can see an armor plated creature ramming it’s head into a tree repeatedly. It is making small bleating noises, as if frustrated that it cannot knock the tree over. 

It appears almost similar to an infested juggernaut, but with a distinct lack of spines and smoother plates of leathery armor. 

From what the Ember said during the drive you can tell that this is one of the Behemoths. It seems she was vastly exaggerating the size, however, as this specimen is about as big as the vehicle you rode in on.

It reeks of the allele, and from the way the tree shakes as it rams into it you can tell it has a much more substantial amount of bio-material.

17 hours ago, Rakawan said:

You can see an armor plated creature ramming it’s head into a tree repeatedly. It is making small bleating noises, as if frustrated that it cannot knock the tree over. 

It appears almost similar to an infested juggernaut, but with a distinct lack of spines and smoother plates of leathery armor. 

From what the Ember said during the drive you can tell that this is one of the Behemoths. It seems she was vastly exaggerating the size, however, as this specimen is about as big as the vehicle you rode in on.

It reeks of the allele, and from the way the tree shakes as it rams into it you can tell it has a much more substantial amount of bio-material.

Kapak stood, staring in awe at the massive beast. If he could grin, there would be a massive one on his face.

”Now that’s more like it,” he said. “A truly formidable organism.”

This thing wasn’t going to go down easily, that was for sure. It’s thick armoured exterior and strong muscles was going to be a challenge to deal with. But Kapak would accept it.

Kapak twirled his Caustacyst and pressed this thumb against the scythe’s stimulation point, causing the weapon to open its “jaws” and start producing a corrosive acid. With luck he could carve through this thing’s armour and suck out its insides like soup from a can.

Without waiting for the Ember, or doing too much thinking, Kapak ran straight at the monster, leaping into the air with the scythe ready.