The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

3 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Kapak stood, staring in awe at the massive beast. If he could grin, there would be a massive one on his face.

”Now that’s more like it,” he said. “A truly formidable organism.”

This thing wasn’t going to go down easily, that was for sure. It’s thick armoured exterior and strong muscles was going to be a challenge to deal with. But Kapak would accept it.

Kapak twirled his Caustacyst and pressed this thumb against the scythe’s stimulation point, causing the weapon to open its “jaws” and start producing a corrosive acid. With luck he could carve through this thing’s armour and suck out its insides like soup from a can.

Without waiting for the Ember, or doing too much thinking, Kapak ran straight at the monster, leaping into the air with the scythe ready.

The creature does not react, either confident in its own strength, or just ignorant. As you leave the ground you hear a sudden crashing and trumpeting sound from beside you. Something slams into you, sending you flying into a tree.

As you slide to the ground you see another creature, covered in similar plates, standing protectively over the smaller one. This one is much bigger, about two stories tall and appears to be quite angry. 

It’s body language and the way it glares at you seem to suggest that that previously targeted creature is it’s baby. 

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

The creature does not react, either confident in its own strength, or just ignorant. As you leave the ground you hear a sudden crashing and trumpeting sound from beside you. Something slams into you, sending you flying into a tree.

As you slide to the ground you see another creature, covered in similar plates, standing protectively over the smaller one. This one is much bigger, about two stories tall and appears to be quite angry. 

It’s body language and the way it glares at you seem to suggest that that previously targeted creature is it’s baby. 

Kapak stood himself up. His body slumped to one side.

”Oh for muck’s sake, my spine snapped.” Kapak stretched, trying to align the bones in his back so they could reconnect. “Helminth, start healing the vertebrae so we can deal with this big dude.”

Kapak started running as fast as his mangled body could in a wide circle around the large behemoth in order to buy himself some time before he could attack again.

22 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Kapak stood himself up. His body slumped to one side.

”Oh for muck’s sake, my spine snapped.” Kapak stretched, trying to align the bones in his back so they could reconnect. “Helminth, start healing the vertebrae so we can deal with this big dude.”

Kapak started running as fast as his mangled body could in a wide circle around the large behemoth in order to buy himself some time before he could attack again.

The smaller creature turns to look at you. and moves as if to charge. The large one shoves it back with a massive leg, and kicks up a man sized wall of dust at you.

On 12/21/2017 at 2:11 PM, (PS4)gamegod-2002 said:

"Great booby-traps"  dark thinks. "watch out for more keep vertical but be really to dodge " dark says. Dark checks the arm and hands of his armor for devices. 

Another fan of arrows, from another direction, this time from a blank wall. 

"The Ivara!" Serena says. "She must have joined the simulation. Hang on."

The left arm contains a grappling hook, while the right seems to have a laser pointer of some kind. Diagnostics show the pointer is linked to a system in the jet-pack itself.

On 12/26/2017 at 4:37 PM, Rakawan said:

The smaller creature turns to look at you. and moves as if to charge. The large one shoves it back with a massive leg, and kicks up a man sized wall of dust at you.

Kapak coughed as his backbone's disks snapped into place with a crack. He waved the dust away from his face. "A mama monster and her little one, eh?" He spun his Caustacyst again. "How adorable. Two....." Kapak whipped the infested scythe around, slinging a gob on corrosive slime flying towards the massive Behemoth. "...for the price of one!"

"MASTER, THAT ONE-LINER MADE LITTLE SENSE."

2 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Kapak coughed as his backbone's disks snapped into place with a crack. He waved the dust away from his face. "A mama monster and her little one, eh?" He spun his Caustacyst again. "How adorable. Two....." Kapak whipped the infested scythe around, slinging a gob on corrosive slime flying towards the massive Behemoth. "...for the price of one!"

"MASTER, THAT ONE-LINER MADE LITTLE SENSE."

.The Behemoth licks up the acid, then roars, sending a shower of saliva towards you. Its armor is slightly corroded, however as you watch the flesh begins to knit back together. You can see how this creature possesses the allele. It seems it will take more than a scythe to take it down.

4 hours ago, Rakawan said:

.The Behemoth licks up the acid, then roars, sending a shower of saliva towards you. Its armor is slightly corroded, however as you watch the flesh begins to knit back together. You can see how this creature possesses the allele. It seems it will take more than a scythe to take it down.

"Fascinating," Kapak said. He stomped his foot into the ground, expelling an infested larvae. "Helminth, this thing can regenerate really fast. We won't be able to weaken it over time, or tire it."
"YES MASTER. A MORE... DIRECT CONFRONTATION MAY LEAD TO AN EASIER DISSECTION OF THE BEING." The larvae burrowed under the ground, quickly closing the distance towards the behemoth. As it moved, it absorbed nutrients and decaying matter from within the soil, growing bigger and bigger until it exploded out of the earth, launching several thick tentacles at the monster. As they wrapped around the beast's tusks and limbs, Kapak ran forward once more. "Just.... hold him... there!!"

Kapak compressed the air under his body, using the signature Warframe "bullet jump" to fly at the tentacled monster, scythe raised and dripping acid once again.

8 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

"Fascinating," Kapak said. He stomped his foot into the ground, expelling an infested larvae. "Helminth, this thing can regenerate really fast. We won't be able to weaken it over time, or tire it."
"YES MASTER. A MORE... DIRECT CONFRONTATION MAY LEAD TO AN EASIER DISSECTION OF THE BEING." The larvae burrowed under the ground, quickly closing the distance towards the behemoth. As it moved, it absorbed nutrients and decaying matter from within the soil, growing bigger and bigger until it exploded out of the earth, launching several thick tentacles at the monster. As they wrapped around the beast's tusks and limbs, Kapak ran forward once more. "Just.... hold him... there!!"

Kapak compressed the air under his body, using the signature Warframe "bullet jump" to fly at the tentacled monster, scythe raised and dripping acid once again.

The Behemoth thrashes it’s head, severing several tendrils wit hits tusks. The remaining ones hold firm however, but it seems they will not hold it forever. The baby Behemoth jumps up and latches into one of the tendrils, gnawing at it.

On 12/19/2017 at 11:20 AM, 8009alpha said:

“And in my family, we call that “volunteering”” he says, walking over and tearing his sword out of the ground. Placing it back on his back, he takes a step or two back, standing still agian, he crosses his arms and stares at the four of them. “Right, now that that’s out of the way, I don’t think we’ve all properly introduced each other, my names is forrest and no that is not my actual name but it’s what I go by.” He says. “Now, it’s your all’s turn, besides, it’s the least you can do, after leaving me with your tab last night” he says, giving them a friendly smile that seems just a tad bit... sinister, the dark purple miasma once again appearing.

On 12/19/2017 at 1:00 PM, Rakawan said:

Tony goes first.

”I am Tony.” He says. 

The others wait for a bit, as if expecting more.

”And I was trained as a child by the one Tenno call the Stalker.” He says. “Who I believe now understands that I will NOT be following in his footsteps, and is none to happy about that.”

The Rhino steps forward.

”I am Seth.” He says. “Former page of Sir Jas, and former Archon prior to my ascension.”

The Zephyr curtsies.

”Maurice.” She says. “Master hacker.”

The Rhino snorts at this.

”And I am Lucy.” The Nova says. “And keeper of our official mascot.”

She holds up what appears to be a paper mache unicorn.

”For the last time and the love of all that is holy, we are not going to be the flying unicorns.” Seth snaps. “One they would be called Pegasi, and two...”

”For someone opposed to the concept you seem to know an awful lot about old world horses.” Tony says snidely.

You begin to grasp why the other teachers gave up on this group.

*boop

7 hours ago, Rakawan said:

The Behemoth thrashes it’s head, severing several tendrils wit hits tusks. The remaining ones hold firm however, but it seems they will not hold it forever. The baby Behemoth jumps up and latches into one of the tendrils, gnawing at it.

Kapak manages to land on the head of the beast during a split second when its head was down during its wild flailing. Kapak steadied himself and ran across its nape and slid onto its back just as the larvae squealed. The baby behemoth must have found the larvae's main body and attacked it. The remaining tentacles shriveled, melting into a grey slime and released the Behemoth from the few last tentacles. Kapak dug his scythe into a small crack in the behemoth's armored torso to help him stay on as the monster broke free from the tendrils, rearing upward.

"Whooooaaaaaaaaaaa!!" Kapak grit his nonexistent teeth and held on for dear life.
This thing is absolutely wild, Kapak said, I've never hunted such a powerful organism before... argh.... I hope this is worth it!"

1 hour ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Kapak manages to land on the head of the beast during a split second when its head was down during its wild flailing. Kapak steadied himself and ran across its nape and slid onto its back just as the larvae squealed. The baby behemoth must have found the larvae's main body and attacked it. The remaining tentacles shriveled, melting into a grey slime and released the Behemoth from the few last tentacles. Kapak dug his scythe into a small crack in the behemoth's armored torso to help him stay on as the monster broke free from the tendrils, rearing upward.

"Whooooaaaaaaaaaaa!!" Kapak grit his nonexistent teeth and held on for dear life.
This thing is absolutely wild, Kapak said, I've never hunted such a powerful organism before... argh.... I hope this is worth it!"

The Behemoth does not even respond to the scythe stuck in its back, but turns and begins to roll over, trying to crush you underneath it. The trees beside it bend under its weight.

9 hours ago, Rakawan said:

The Behemoth does not even respond to the scythe stuck in its back, but turns and begins to roll over, trying to crush you underneath it. The trees beside it bend under its weight.

Kapak scrambles up the side of the monster. As the creature rolled over, Kapak expected to see a weak point on its belly.......

"You gotta be mucking with me."

The underside of the monster's body was riddled with bony plating as well. Kapak balanced on the side of the creature as it squirmed and writhed. "Helminth," Kapak said shakily as he was vibrated by the Behemoth's roar, "bring me Dreadmare. I need to crack open this glorified four-legged snail. And fast!"
"RIGHT AWAY, MASTER. I AM MANIFESTING THE FASTEST POSSIBLE INCARNATION AS WE SPEAK. I SHALL CHARGE WITH TERRIBLE SPEED AND SUPERIOR PURPOSE."

Kapak began to slam his scythe against the monster's carapace, the caustacyst's acid flowing freely in elegant yellow ribbons as he swung.

15 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Kapak scrambles up the side of the monster. As the creature rolled over, Kapak expected to see a weak point on its belly.......

"You gotta be mucking with me."

The underside of the monster's body was riddled with bony plating as well. Kapak balanced on the side of the creature as it squirmed and writhed. "Helminth," Kapak said shakily as he was vibrated by the Behemoth's roar, "bring me Dreadmare. I need to crack open this glorified four-legged snail. And fast!"
"RIGHT AWAY, MASTER. I AM MANIFESTING THE FASTEST POSSIBLE INCARNATION AS WE SPEAK. I SHALL CHARGE WITH TERRIBLE SPEED AND SUPERIOR PURPOSE."

Kapak began to slam his scythe against the monster's carapace, the caustacyst's acid flowing freely in elegant yellow ribbons as he swung.

Helmitnh would receive a strange message, sent from the rail.

”Why do you hunt these monsters?” It asks. “Their flesh may be tender, but their shell is tough, and the inhabitants of this world will not allow you make good use of it. Far better to hunt where you can claim your own territory, and seed your growth across it. I can offer your master that.”

The Behemoth continues to roll, smashing trees and trying to crush you underneath it. It appears a ranged approach may be wiser.

Your scythe sinks into the armored plate, but the creature does not appear to notice.

Helmitnh would receive a strange message, sent from the rail.

”Why do you hunt these monsters?” It asks. “Their flesh may be tender, but their shell is tough, and the inhabitants of this world will not allow you make good use of it. Far better to hunt where you can claim your own territory, and seed your growth across it. I can offer your master that.”

The Behemoth continues to roll, smashing trees and trying to crush you underneath it. It appears a ranged approach may be wiser.

Your scythe sinks into the armored plate, but the creature does not appear to notice.

Within Kapak's dented Liset, a charger wrapped its proboscis around the rusted Tigris Prime in the corner of the room. Its jaws expanded outwards as it swallowed the Orokin artifact whole. It turned towards the exit door of the craft and trotted outside. It paused for a moment to allow its stigmas to adjust to the daylight outside.

"Helminth who was that?" Kapak's voice reached out, "was that another lephantis or golem or something trying to mess with us again?"

"MY SINCEREST APOLOGIES, MY MASTER," Helminth responded as the charger started to run at a blinding speed across the landing platform and onto the plain area, "I CANNOT IDENTIFY THE ORIGINAL SENDER OF THE MESSAGE. LET US DEAL WITH THE MONSTROSITY BEFORE WE INVESTIGATE THIS IDENTITY."

"Okay, well, hurry up!" Kapak yelled back. There was a crunching sound followed by a loud squishing and spraying. "Oh, void, there goes my intestines. Get the muck off of me you big bas-" Kapak's voice was muffled as the behemoth rolled over him, flattening his head in a crunch.

"MASTER, THE VOICE ALSO SAID THAT THE HUMANS OF THIS PLANET WILL EMBARGO OUR USAGE FOR SUCH A BEING. SHALL I PREPARE CHILDREN TO CLEANSE THE SHIP'S SURROUNDINGS?"

"Helminf, frere's an Ember babyfitting us who can efaporate our exfifenf in 2 fecondf if we try anyfring fast," Kapak's voice came out sounding like it was being squeezed. Kapak stood up as the behemoth rolled away from him. His head was flat, his guts were hanging out a hole in his side, and his right arm was missing. "I've been in worfe condifions," Kapak muttered. He looked at the caustacyst, which was now broken in two and leaking its remaining acid all over the forest floor. His flesh began to squirm and writhe as it slowly closed his wounds and regrow the missing limb. "Besides, Helminth, we need this creature's genetic material asap." His intact arm split apart for a brief moment, regurgitating the Embolist given to him earlier. He raised the biological pistol and squeezed the trigger bone, unleashing a spray of neurotoxins in the behemoth's general direction.

2 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Within Kapak's dented Liset, a charger wrapped its proboscis around the rusted Tigris Prime in the corner of the room. Its jaws expanded outwards as it swallowed the Orokin artifact whole. It turned towards the exit door of the craft and trotted outside. It paused for a moment to allow its stigmas to adjust to the daylight outside.

"Helminth who was that?" Kapak's voice reached out, "was that another lephantis or golem or something trying to mess with us again?"

"MY SINCEREST APOLOGIES, MY MASTER," Helminth responded as the charger started to run at a blinding speed across the landing platform and onto the plain area, "I CANNOT IDENTIFY THE ORIGINAL SENDER OF THE MESSAGE. LET US DEAL WITH THE MONSTROSITY BEFORE WE INVESTIGATE THIS IDENTITY."

"Okay, well, hurry up!" Kapak yelled back. There was a crunching sound followed by a loud squishing and spraying. "Oh, void, there goes my intestines. Get the muck off of me you big bas-" Kapak's voice was muffled as the behemoth rolled over him, flattening his head in a crunch.

"MASTER, THE VOICE ALSO SAID THAT THE HUMANS OF THIS PLANET WILL EMBARGO OUR USAGE FOR SUCH A BEING. SHALL I PREPARE CHILDREN TO CLEANSE THE SHIP'S SURROUNDINGS?"

"Helminf, frere's an Ember babyfitting us who can efaporate our exfifenf in 2 fecondf if we try anyfring fast," Kapak's voice came out sounding like it was being squeezed. Kapak stood up as the behemoth rolled away from him. His head was flat, his guts were hanging out a hole in his side, and his right arm was missing. "I've been in worfe condifions," Kapak muttered. He looked at the caustacyst, which was now broken in two and leaking its remaining acid all over the forest floor. His flesh began to squirm and writhe as it slowly closed his wounds and regrow the missing limb. "Besides, Helminth, we need this creature's genetic material asap." His intact arm split apart for a brief moment, regurgitating the Embolist given to him earlier. He raised the biological pistol and squeezed the trigger bone, unleashing a spray of neurotoxins in the behemoth's general direction.

The toxins sink into the flesh of the mother and it pauses a moment. Then it’s leg buckled and it collapses into the dirt. It’s jaws siege a tree and begin sweeping it back and forth, trying to hold you at bay. 

The Ember in question comes flying into the swinging trunk and is hurled into another tree. It slumps to the ground, inactive. 

You hear something crashing trough the trees behind you, trumpeting. 

The toxins sink into the flesh of the mother and it pauses a moment. Then it’s leg buckled and it collapses into the dirt. It’s jaws siege a tree and begin sweeping it back and forth, trying to hold you at bay. 

The Ember in question comes flying into the swinging trunk and is hurled into another tree. It slumps to the ground, inactive. 

You hear something crashing trough the trees behind you, trumpeting. 

Thanks for the help, Kapak thought as he watched the Ember slam against the wood. Just as he prepared to attack the weakened behemoth, he hears the noise and front flips, turning himself mid flight to see what was ambushing him from the rear.

On December 26, 2017 at 4:40 PM, Rakawan said:

Another fan of arrows, from another direction, this time from a blank wall. 

"The Ivara!" Serena says. "She must have joined the simulation. Hang on."

The left arm contains a grappling hook, while the right seems to have a laser pointer of some kind. Diagnostics show the pointer is linked to a system in the jet-pack itself.

"The hell do they do?" dark says. "What is this?" dark thinks.

On 12/29/2017 at 5:12 PM, Almighty_Jado said:

Thanks for the help, Kapak thought as he watched the Ember slam against the wood. Just as he prepared to attack the weakened behemoth, he hears the noise and front flips, turning himself mid flight to see what was ambushing him from the rear.

A Behemoth bull comes charging through the underbrush. The female turns from you towards it, covering her baby with her uninjured leg.

The bull briefly looks at you, before fixing its gaze on the protected infant.

On 12/30/2017 at 10:51 PM, (PS4)gamegod-2002 said:

"The hell do they do?" dark says. "What is this?" dark thinks.

"Stealth Warframe." Serena says. "Cloaking and arrows, lots of arrows. Has built-in radar. She can see where we are, but I don't think she can determine our altitude."

Another spray of arrows, this one higher up. 

"If we could set off an explosive I could use the shock waves to ping her location." Serena says. 

"Stealth Warframe." Serena says. "Cloaking and arrows, lots of arrows. Has built-in radar. She can see where we are, but I don't think she can determine our altitude."

Another spray of arrows, this one higher up. 

"If we could set off an explosive I could use the shock waves to ping her location." Serena says. 

"MISSLES INCOMING!!"Dark says. Dark Aims the laser and fires. "I HAVE MISSLES" dark thinks.

2 hours ago, Rakawan said:

A Behemoth bull comes charging through the underbrush. The female turns from you towards it, covering her baby with her uninjured leg.

The bull briefly looks at you, before fixing its gaze on the protected infant.

Three? Seriously?? Kapak quickly turned and aimed his Embolist at the bull. He doubted the neurotoxins were strong enough to have a big enough effect on a creature of that size, but if he could weaken it just enough to survive until Helminth could deliver the Dreadmare...

Kapak squeezed the trigger and unleashed another torrent of toxins, this time at the bull.

10 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Three? Seriously?? Kapak quickly turned and aimed his Embolist at the bull. He doubted the neurotoxins were strong enough to have a big enough effect on a creature of that size, but if he could weaken it just enough to survive until Helminth could deliver the Dreadmare...

Kapak squeezed the trigger and unleashed another torrent of toxins, this time at the bull.

The bull charges, barreling past you to clash with the mother, it’s tusk sweeping low, seeking to inpale the baby creature.

The neurotoxins cause it to suddenly plow into the ground. The mother takes this chance to begin limping backwards, pulling her child with her. She seems uncertain, glancing between you and the male as if trying to gage which is the bigger threat.

The bull struggles to its feet and you can see scars along its side. It’s eyes are clouded and it’s movements a bit jerky. Something is clearly wrong with it. Whatever it is doesn’t not seem to affect the allele you seek however.

Edited by Rakawan

12 hours ago, (PS4)gamegod-2002 said:

"MISSLES INCOMING!!"Dark says. Dark Aims the laser and fires. "I HAVE MISSLES" dark thinks.

The laser sweeps across the wall before suddenly changing color against an odd patch. A salvo of missiles erupt from the back, swerving as they approach the wall. They impact and you briefly see something humanoid get to its feet before it fires an arrow into the ground. 

“You got her.” Serena says, clearly impressed. “She appears to have fled, residual shockwaves are revealing no abnormalities.”

3 hours ago, Rakawan said:

The bull charges, barreling past you to clash with the mother, it’s tusk sweeping low, seeking to inpale the baby creature.

The neurotoxins cause it to suddenly plow into the ground. The mother takes this chance to begin limping backwards, pulling her child with her. She seems uncertain, glancing between you and the male as if trying to gage which is the bigger threat.

The bull struggles to its feet and you can see scars along its side. It’s eyes are clouded and it’s movements a bit jerky. Something is clearly wrong with it. Whatever it is doesn’t not seem to affect the allele you seek however.

That thing must be rabid or something, Kapak pondered, deciding to hang back a bit and conserve his strength. If he could let these two colossal creatures weaken themselves, that would be convenient. Guess I'll find out once I consume it. Kapak jumped high into the air, front flipping onto a tree branch to survey what would happen next. He kept his Embolist in hand just in case one of them decided to go at him again.

25 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

That thing must be rabid or something, Kapak pondered, deciding to hang back a bit and conserve his strength. If he could let these two colossal creatures weaken themselves, that would be convenient. Guess I'll find out once I consume it. Kapak jumped high into the air, front flipping onto a tree branch to survey what would happen next. He kept his Embolist in hand just in case one of them decided to go at him again.

The Bull staggers to its feet and charges the mother again. They collide with enough force to shake the surrounding trees. 

The mother manages to tear several gashes into the bull as it tries in vain to reach her child. Partway through the fight the bull begins to twitch, saliva and blood spilling from its mouth. The mother back away, clearly panicked, then turns and runs trampling trees and underbrush, her child darting after her.

The bull spews forth another puddle of fluid, then rolls onto at side, limbs spasming.

You can see several long spines embedded in its stomach plates, each one housing a pulsing sac of pink fluid. The wounds around the three inch long spines are necrotic and decaying. 

You hear a strange clicking noise and can feel yourself being watched.

Edited by Rakawan