The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

29 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“I am Marsis.” He says. “First Arbiter of Clan Miraalan.”

The way he says the name indicates that it should mean something.

He claps. 

“Now come.” He says. “Your rooms have been prepared, your food is being cooked, and you’re questions will be answered.”

Odrah followed Marsis, but remained alert. He watched the children as well as everyone watching the children. He took note of all of the surroundings should he need to make an escape.

Odrah hated dealing with anybody who tried to live like the Orokin. Despite having made most of his income from the Corpus, this was the faction he hated the most. Even the grineer had a sense of common decency to a certain degree.

These Arbiters? These oro-shades? They were nothing but pretentious prideful pundits that were no better than the dirt they spit on.

10 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

Odrah followed Marsis, but remained alert. He watched the children as well as everyone watching the children. He took note of all of the surroundings should he need to make an escape.

Odrah hated dealing with anybody who tried to live like the Orokin. Despite having made most of his income from the Corpus, this was the faction he hated the most. Even the grineer had a sense of common decency to a certain degree.

These Arbiters? These oro-shades? They were nothing but pretentious prideful pundits that were no better than the dirt they spit on.

The Monastery has a distinctive Tenno architecture. 

The rooms you are led to are sinole, but comfortable. The children’s room shave five beds a piece and a shade standing guard outside. 

Mira appear so at the end of the Hall.

”Thank you Marsis.” She says. “If any of you want to relax there are hot spring pools outside the door behind me. The shades will see to it that you are not disturbed. Neophytes will be by shortly with your food.”

25 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The Monastery has a distinctive Tenno architecture. 

The rooms you are led to are sinole, but comfortable. The children’s room shave five beds a piece and a shade standing guard outside. 

Mira appear so at the end of the Hall.

”Thank you Marsis.” She says. “If any of you want to relax there are hot spring pools outside the door behind me. The shades will see to it that you are not disturbed. Neophytes will be by shortly with your food.”

Just now, ljmadruga said:

“Where will my warframes be?” Odrah asks. There is a tinge of concern in his voice. The children begin to explore their new rooms.

((I am a huge mess rn.))

8 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

((I am a huge mess rn.))

“They will be kept in storage until your ship lands and they can be transferred there.” Mira says. “If you wish to use one I can take you to them.”

Each of the rooms has a skana on the wall, secured behind a forcefield. 

Edited by Rakawan

On 1/12/2018 at 6:45 AM, Rakawan said:

The troopers follow your orders and imesdiately open fire. A moment later the Grineer return fire, raking your location and ending the simulation. 

“Should have spread out before firing.” Serena observes.

"The plan was to spread out and then fire." Dark says practically growling very angry. "Idiots why don't they follow the plan." Dark thinks.

10 hours ago, Rakawan said:

“That depends on the fragility of said object.” Marcus says. “Storms interfering with the teleporter, plus all the weapon’s fire between us. It’ll have to come in via drop pod. So Galantine yes, mother’s fine China no.”

”Gocha.  I’d like my Dapper Gentleman loadout.  Ordis knows the one.”

3 hours ago, Rakawan said:

“They will be kept in storage until your ship lands and they can be transferred there.” Mira says. “If you wish to use one I can take you to them.”

Each of the rooms has a skana on the wall, secured behind a forcefield. 

“Alright” Odrah said. Considering his options, he concluded that he had no choice but to go with the flow.

The children were all in their rooms. They were awed by the details around them.

“I’m going to clean up in one of the hot springs if anybody needs me.”

14 hours ago, (PS4)gamegod-2002 said:

"The plan was to spread out and then fire." Dark says practically growling very angry. "Idiots why don't they follow the plan." Dark thinks.

“You have to tell them that.” Serena says. “If all you say is fire that’s all they’ll do.”

12 hours ago, ljmadruga said:

“Alright” Odrah said. Considering his options, he concluded that he had no choice but to go with the flow.

The children were all in their rooms. They were awed by the details around them.

“I’m going to clean up in one of the hot springs if anybody needs me.”

“When you are done, come find me.” Mira says. “I think there is much we can learn from eachother.”

39 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

A moment later another drop pod slams through the roof, carrying said loadout.

"Thanks."

He opened the drop pod and removed the Sybaris Prime, Aklato Prime, and Lacera, digitizing each before also digitizing the Warframe withn.  "Good thing I emptied the storage on this earlier," he commented absentmindedly as he flicked his wristband to check that the items were now stored in the extradimensional space within.

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

“When you are done, come find me.” Mira says. “I think there is much we can learn from eachother.”

Odrah left the room and headed for the hot springs. On the way there, he pressed on his earpiece.

”Silo?”

”Silo, do you read?”

He was answered with a cruel, indifferent static.

”That storm must be blocking the signal” Odrah thought.

”If someone really wanted to trap me in this place, they’ve done a good job of it.”

Odrah entered the hot springs and took out a swimming garment from his lower pant pocket.

He stripped and changed quickly. After assessing his surroundings, he dipped inside the pool.

Odrah’s body was littered with scars burns and bruises especially towards his hands and his back. One particular scar that he was careful not to press too hard was a grineer marking on the upper right of his back.

Although he was very skinny, his body wasn’t that of a complete toothpick. His well-defined shoulders, biceps, and thighs pointed to the conclusion that he may have done some heavy lifting in the past.

The hot water stung his skin at first but slowly eased throughout his body. The heat loosened his joints and relaxed his muscles, releasing tension. The quiet was only a catalyst for his ease.

”Maybe this isn’t so bad” Odrah thought.

He let his head lay on the outside of the pool. His arms stretched like an eagle.

Suddenly, Odrah sensed something. Maybe it was the slightest sound, or even a change of the light. Something was off.

He jumped out of the spring adopting a defensive stance.

”Who’s there?!” Odrah yelled.

Edited by ljmadruga
Details details details.

27 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"Thanks."

He opened the drop pod and removed the Sybaris Prime, Aklato Prime, and Lacera, digitizing each before also digitizing the Warframe withn.  "Good thing I emptied the storage on this earlier," he commented absentmindedly as he flicked his wristband to check that the items were now stored in the extradimensional space within.

“Can we move now?” Akama asks. “I would very much like to get this done and be off this rock.”

25 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

Odrah left the room and headed for the hot springs. On the way there, he pressed on his earpiece.

”Silo?”

”Silo, do you read?”

He was answered with a cruel, indifferent static.

”That storm must be blocking the signal” Odrah thought.

”If someone really wanted to trap me in this place, they’ve done a good job of it.”

Odrah entered the hot springs and took out a swimming garment from his lower pant pocket.

He stripped and changed quickly. After assessing his surroundings, he dipped inside the pool.

Odrah’s body was littered with scars burns and bruises especially towards his hands and his back. One particular scar that he was careful not to press two hard was a grineer marking on the upper right of his back.

Although he was very skinny, his body wasn’t that of a complete toothpick. His well-defined shoulders, biceps, and thighs pointed to the conclusion that he may have done some heavy lifting in the past.

The hot water stung his skin at first but slowly eased throughout his body. The heat loosened his joints and relaxed his muscles, releasing tension. The quiet was only a catalyst for his ease.

”Maybe this isn’t so bad” Odrah thought.

He let his head lay on the outside of the pool. His arms stretched like an eagle.

Suddenly, Odrah sensed something. Maybe it was the slightest sound, or even a change of the light. Something was off.

He jumped out of the spring adopting a defensive stance.

”Who’s there?!” Odrah yelled.

You feel a flicker on your thigufhts and the hair on your arms raises. 

It feels like someone is examining your mind, sifting through memories and thoughts. The touch is gentle, but disconcerting.

25 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

You feel a flicker on your thigufhts and the hair on your arms raises. 

It feels like someone is examining your mind, sifting through memories and thoughts. The touch is gentle, but disconcerting.

Memories flashed back of different missions Odrah took part in.

Sabotages, exterminations, survival, defense, gunfire, blades, death, destruction, Regor, Ruk, Hek, Vor, Darvo, Kiteer, Anyo.

Memories played in his head like scenes from a never-ending movie.

”Stop! No more!” Odrah yelled. His hands clasped his head. He dropped to the ground.

Whatever it was, it didn’t stop. Memories flashed earlier and earlier in his life. Finally, the earliest ones that could be remembered flashed by.

Imprisonment, the squadron, brandishment, the camp, the escape, survival.

”GET OUT OF MY HEAD!” Odrah yelled. Tears raced down his face. Blue energy was building up in his eyes. He tried to get out, but the doors were locked.

Finally, a tall female grineer lay on the ground, head rested in Odrah’s hand. Her heavy breaths interrupting her words.

”Never, never stop running. Never look back. Know that I fought, for you.” She said.

Odrah lay on the ground in a pool of his own tears. He lay wearing nothing but his swimming garment.

Edited by ljmadruga

1 minute ago, ljmadruga said:

Memories flashed back of different missions Odrah took part in.

Sabotages, exterminations, survival, defense, gunfire, blades, death, destruction, Regor, Ruk, Hek, Vor, Darvo, Kiteer, Anyo.

Memories played in his head like scenes from a never-ending movie.

”Stop! No more!” Odrah yelled. His hands clasped his head. He dropped to the ground.

Whatever it was, it didn’t stop. Memories flashed earlier and earlier in his life. Finally, the earliest ones that could be remembered flashed by.

Imprisonment, the squadron, brandishment, the camp, the escape, survival.

”GET OUT OF MY HEAD!” Odrah yelled. Tears raced down his face. Blue energy was building up in his eyes.

Finally, a tall female grineer lay on the ground, head rested in Odrah’s hand. Her heavy breaths interrupting her words.

”Never, never stop running. Never look back. Know that I fought, for you.” She said.

Odrah lay on the ground in a pool of his own tears. He lay wearing nothing but his swimming garment.

The tendril if cotnact is snatched back quickly, like a person whose hand has been burned on the stove. 

You can sense it in the air. A feeling of sorrow. Images, memories not your own, slip into your mind. Children laughing at you, because you are different. Children picking on you, because you can’t focus. A woman, toakngyour hand, yelling at them. The panicnas you realize something is wrong. Watching mother Change, become paranoid, become something else. 

Watching her tell you to go, stay with the others while the ship is fixed. Watching fires....

”Rell.” Mira says. “Just because you can, does not mean you should.”

She is kneeling by you, hand on your shoulder. Warmth spreads from her touch, relaxing muscles and giving your strength. 

You sense something move between Mira and the entity that seems to permeate this place. It withdraws, it’s last act to brush away the bad memories. It feels almost regretful.

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The tendril if cotnact is snatched back quickly, like a person whose hand has been burned on the stove. 

You can sense it in the air. A feeling of sorrow. Images, memories not your own, slip into your mind. Children laughing at you, because you are different. Children picking on you, because you can’t focus. A woman, toakngyour hand, yelling at them. The panicnas you realize something is wrong. Watching mother Change, become paranoid, become something else. 

Watching her tell you to go, stay with the others while the ship is fixed. Watching fires....

”Rell.” Mira says. “Just because you can, does not mean you should.”

She is kneeling by you, hand on your shoulder. Warmth spreads from her touch, relaxing muscles and giving your strength. 

You sense something move between Mira and the entity that seems to permeate this place. It withdraws, it’s last act to brush away the bad memories. It feels almost regretful.

Odrah turned to hide the mark on his back.

His voice was shaking through his tears.

”What the hell was that?” Odrah cried.

13 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

Odrah turned to hide the mark on his back.

His voice was shaking through his tears.

”What the hell was that?” Odrah cried.

“Memories from one who is no longer with us.” She says. “It is hard to explain. This Monastery houses both the living, and the memories of those who at end no longer here. The line between worlds, between life and death, Dust and Void is blurred here.”

Calm descends over you as she utters a short prayer.

”You ARE safe here.” She says. “Nothing here will harm you. But that does not mean it will not effect you. The Void is strong here and as Tenno you are especially vulnerable to its touch.”

She looks back at the rooms.

”Rest assured the children will not feel what you have felt.” She says. “They are not attuned to the Void. Their minds are safe from it.”

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Memories from one who is no longer with us.” She says. “It is hard to explain. This Monastery houses both the living, and the memories of those who at end no longer here. The line between worlds, between life and death, Dust and Void is blurred here.”

Calm descends over you as she utters a short prayer.

”You ARE safe here.” She says. “Nothing here will harm you. But that does not mean it will not effect you. The Void is strong here and as Tenno you are especially vulnerable to its touch.”

She looks back at the rooms.

”Rest assured the children will not feel what you have felt.” She says. “They are not attuned to the Void. Their minds are safe from it.”

“Alright” Odrah answers. His voice still slightly shaked.

“You said you wanted to talk to me earlier?”

15 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

“Alright” Odrah answers. His voice still slightly shaked.

“You said you wanted to talk to me earlier?”

“Transference.” Mira says. “I have yet to meet a Tenno who can perform it while meditating.”

She offers you an ornate robe.

”Most still require a Transference chamber.” She says. “Those who do not, prefer to inhabit the frame.”

Edited by Rakawan

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Transference.” Mira says. “I have yet to meet a Tenno who can perform it while meditating.”

She offers you an ornate robe.

”Most still require a Transference chamber.” She says. “Those who do not, prefer to inhabit the frame.”

Odrah dawned the robe and sat up.

”Well, I discovered Transferrence on my own mostly” Odrah started.

”You see, I never knew what I was for a while after I was broken out of cryosleep on earth. At one point I was on my own, fending for myself.

I set up a camp in a nearby forest. I hunted my food and built everything from scratch. I made sure to keep myself hidden by building my hideout in the trees.

One day, some grineer passed by and I overheard about a grineer captain that tried to capture an excalibur with an ascaris device.

One of the grineer in the squadron was actually working for a Dr. Tengus. They managed to find blueprints, but they were incomplete. They filled in the blanks the best that they could, and converted an old missile factory to start making the first prototypes. If that factory succeeded, then more would come.

I found the factory to see how well grineer ingenuity could patch the holes. Thankfully, they weren’t as good as they thought.

The prototypes they built were very close, but had many flaws. These prototypes were massively expensive to produce just one, let alone a squad. Most of them had difficulty walking, let alone shooting. They also couldn’t use their abilities. Finally, they couldn’t withstand much before breaking apart.

I infiltrated the factory and navigated to the command console using the air ducts to evade detection. Upon hacking into the console, I was immediately detected by the factory’s command Cephalon, Silo.

As it turns out, he was not to happy with having his missile factory converted into a warframe printer. He actually helped me to steal one of the prototypes, steal him and the blueprints into a portable data mass, and initiate the self destruct.

After dragging the prototype back to camp, I analyzed the blueprints and adjusted what the grineer had constructed. They were off by leagues, but I was able to perfect their design and restore the model to its intended specs.

After making the necessary changes, I attempted to take control of it.

((Onkko screams in the distance))

I was able to move it just fine when making physical contact with it. I was even able to perform abilities. However the moment I lost physical contact, the frame would go limp. I kept the frame right next to my sleeping quarters.

One day, after a long day of hunting and hiking, I returned to my camp physically exhausted. I stepped into my sleeping quarters and immediately collapsed.

When I woke up again, I felt... different. I was looking at my own body. My hands were not my own. I was stronger, I felt like a god. Then, I collapsed again.

I got up again, this time in my own body. I figured that the only way to control the frame was to clear the mind of everything, and to become the frame.

I practiced over and over again, transferring in and out of the frame for a while. Each time, I stayed in for longer and longer.

Now, I’m at the point where my frames can be practically anywhere and I can still transfer to them.

Funny enough, I never figured out how to inhabit a frame until much later, so I guess transferring into them was simply easier for me.”

50 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

Odrah dawned the robe and sat up.

”Well, I discovered Transferrence on my own mostly” Odrah started.

”You see, I never knew what I was for a while after I was broken out of cryosleep on earth. At one point I was on my own, fending for myself.

I set up a camp in a nearby forest. I hunted my food and built everything from scratch. I made sure to keep myself hidden by building my hideout in the trees.

One day, some grineer passed by and I overheard about a grineer captain that tried to capture an excalibur with an ascaris device.

One of the grineer in the squadron was actually working for a Dr. Tengus. They managed to find blueprints, but they were incomplete. They filled in the blanks the best that they could, and converted an old missile factory to start making the first prototypes. If that factory succeeded, then more would come.

I found the factory to see how well grineer ingenuity could patch the holes. Thankfully, they weren’t as good as they thought.

The prototypes they built were very close, but had many flaws. These prototypes were massively expensive to produce just one, let alone a squad. Most of them had difficulty walking, let alone shooting. They also couldn’t use their abilities. Finally, they couldn’t withstand much before breaking apart.

I infiltrated the factory and navigated to the command console using the air ducts to evade detection. Upon hacking into the console, I was immediately detected by the factory’s command Cephalon, Silo.

As it turns out, he was not to happy with having his missile factory converted into a warframe printer. He actually helped me to steal one of the prototypes, steal him and the blueprints into a portable data mass, and initiate the self destruct.

After dragging the prototype back to camp, I analyzed the blueprints and adjusted what the grineer had constructed. They were off by leagues, but I was able to perfect their design and restore the model to its intended specs.

After making the necessary changes, I attempted to take control of it.

((Onkko screams in the distance))

I was able to move it just fine when making physical contact with it. I was even able to perform abilities. However the moment I lost physical contact, the frame would go limp. I kept the frame right next to my sleeping quarters.

One day, after a long day of hunting and hiking, I returned to my camp physically exhausted. I stepped into my sleeping quarters and immediately collapsed.

When I woke up again, I felt... different. I was looking at my own body. My hands were not my own. I was stronger, I felt like a god. Then, I collapsed again.

I got up again, this time in my own body. I figured that the only way to control the frame was to clear the mind of everything, and to become the frame.

I practiced over and over again, transferring in and out of the frame for a while. Each time, I stayed in for longer and longer.

Now, I’m at the point where my frames can be practically anywhere and I can still transfer to them.

Funny enough, I never figured out how to inhabit a frame until much later, so I guess transferring into them was simply easier for me.”

“I always wondered where the Graxx models came from.” Mira says. “The chassis are the only useable parts. The systems are a mess.”

She rises and gestures for you to follow.

”Inhabiting a frame allows for both the safety of Transference and the feedback of being physically there.” She says. “On some cases where Transference is blocked an inhabited frame can still be used. Though destruction of the frame will result in exposure of the operator.”

6 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“I always wondered where the Graxx models came from.” Mira says. “The chassis are the only useable parts. The systems are a mess.”

She rises and gestures for you to follow.

”Inhabiting a frame allows for both the safety of Transference and the feedback of being physically there.” She says. “On some cases where Transference is blocked an inhabited frame can still be used. Though destruction of the frame will result in exposure of the operator.”

Odrah followed Mira.

”I hardly ever inhabit a frame for that reason.”

Odrah removes part of his robe to reveal his chest. A large scar traveled from his chest to the lower left of his stomach.

”See that scar? Phorid. Knocked me right out of my excalibur. He managed to get one good swipe at me before I unloaded a tonkor in his throat.”

Odrah glanced at the warframes passing by.

”Thanks to Transferrence, I’m actually presumed dead on multiple planets.”

54 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

Odrah followed Mira.

”I hardly ever inhabit a frame for that reason.”

Odrah removes part of his robe to reveal his chest. A large scar traveled from his chest to the lower left of his stomach.

”See that scar? Phorid. Knocked me right out of my excalibur. He managed to get one good swipe at me before I unloaded a tonkor in his throat.”

Odrah glanced at the warframes passing by.

”Thanks to Transferrence, I’m actually presumed dead on multiple planets.”

“Three.” She says. “But only because I got tired of building more frames. I miss the field work, but my duties as Keeper require that I stay here.”

She laughs at the story of Phorid.

”Remonds me of Darrin’s story.” She says. “He kept tweaking his shotgun, claimed it had jammed during a mission when a Charger attacked.”