The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

One of the robots walks up and nods.

"You'll still need to direct them once we are inside." He says. "I... I'll be fine."

He seem disfocused.

Fell puts his hand on the robot's head so that he controls the movement of it again. "You sure? You could wait inhere if you aren't confident about it." 

He let's the ship fly to the insurrection point.

Just now, kyrozon said:

Fell puts his hand on the robot's head so that he controls the movement of it again. "You sure? You could wait inhere if you aren't confident about it." 

He let's the ship fly to the insurrection point.

"You know them better." Tsun says. His voice seems to fade in and out. "I'm used to fighting solo, not commanding a group."

He laughs.

"Confident?" He says. "I'm already dead. What more could possibly happen to me?"

3 hours ago, Luthim said:

((I'm affraid I have to go for a few hours, i'll catch up when i'm back.))

((For when you do:))

Melanie looks at Luna.

"How are your combat skills?" She asks. 

She does not wait for an answer, but begins fiddling with her spear-staff.

"One of the hunters relayed the identity of Sven's contact." She said. "Its Nina Supra, a Corpus Director. And I intend to make her pay for this transgression."

3 hours ago, LegionCynex said:

*She walks with him to the swamps* "Wonderful, my Suit is already dark green and orange, I;ll blend in well"

As you proceed you hear gunfire. Shouts, in Corpus, and the clashing sounds of metal on metal can be heard.

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"You know them better." Tsun says. His voice seems to fade in and out. "I'm used to fighting solo, not commanding a group."

He laughs.

"Confident?" He says. "I'm already dead. What more could possibly happen to me?"

"Still you sound... forget it." Fell let the soldiers get in position as they got closer to the insurrection point.

Richard and Zareth quickly took stock of their situation.  "I think it's time to field test our new Riot Moas," Richard commented dryly, and Zareth nodded agreement, issuing movement orders from one of his other projections.

A full legion of the newly improved Fusion Riot Moas loaded into the short-range teleport, awaiting coordinates.

Richard opened comms to Ryoko.  "Arbiter, I have ground reinforcements of the curbstomp variety that need placing, and a very large, very armed dreadnought on its way.  I'll leave their orders to you while I coordinate the Seraph medical team."  Turning, he teleported into the center of the Citadel's main courtyard, where his Amesha was waiting.  The escadrille of Seraphs was already in the air, and he quickly flew to meet them.  "Okay, people, let's go to work."

Just now, kyrozon said:

"Still you sound... forget it." Fell let the soldiers get in position as they got closer to the insurrection point.

As you board the ship Crewman turn from their posts to look at you.

As you board the ship Crewman turn from their posts to look at you.

Fell simply walked past the crewman followed by the soldiers. As soonas a Crewman would draw a weapon a shard of the weapons the soldiers carried would pierce through it.

1 minute ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard and Zareth quickly took stock of their situation.  "I think it's time to field test our new Riot Moas," Richard commented dryly, and Zareth nodded agreement, issuing movement orders from one of his other projections.

A full legion of the newly improved Fusion Riot Moas loaded into the short-range teleport, awaiting coordinates.

Richard opened comms to Ryoko.  "Arbiter, I have ground reinforcements of the curbstomp variety that need placing, and a very large, very armed dreadnought on its way.  I'll leave their orders to you while I coordinate the Seraph medical team."  Turning, he teleported into the center of the Citadel's main courtyard, where his Amesha was waiting.  The escadrille of Seraphs was already in the air, and he quickly flew to meet them.  "Okay, people, let's go to work."

"Bit busy at the moment." He says. "Take them and join the forces retaking the Citadel. Watch your fire. White Archons are friendly, older models are not. There may be friendlies inside."

37 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"All right." Ryoko says. "I'll be taking the lead here since Darrin is out."

"Ceforus take out those Heavy Cruisers with your torpedo carriers. Theylin and Ceforus focus on the light fighters. All fighter craft redirect against the bombers, they can't handle all of you at once. Galleons will engage the light cruisers, they out armor them so you can afford to trade hits. All Dreadnought class ships pair up with the AMP ships and redirect your fire towards the opposing Dreadnoughts. Their cannons are jammed right now, but it's touch and go, if they get a shot off at anything else we're gonna feel it."

His transmission is coming from the Zarimman, as it and the Valor proceed through the thick of combat.

"Vengeance and Interitus fall back, roast anything that gets past the shields. We can't risk civilian casualties." He says, then claps his hand. "Okay people, let's give the civvies some fireworks to look at."

"Torpedos might get intercepted if used against non-external vessels or within an enemy formation. This case is a no-go for them. We have either to break the chain between them and the dreadnoughts or to force them to crumple their positions and generate a crowd. I'll set them on hold until the chance shows up"

The AMP ships "docked" the rear armor of the dreadnoughts and jacked in their energy systems, generating more energy than they could possibly contain in the regular mode. The additional force-fields emerged around the allied dreadnoughts

"The AMPs are on, A brief instruction of what to do now: they recharge via converting defensive force field damage into energy. You must use the dreadnoughts as vanguard cruisers now, and, for Void sake, don't even think about stopping firing from deck calibers! Otherwise, the reactors will melt due the overcharge"

The heavy fighters engaged the bombers and began to rocket them out one by one. Destroyers, in the meantime, took a distanced position and began to fire controlling volleys in order to prevent hostile light cruisers from shooting allied heavy fighters.

The dropships snugged beyond the planetary shield and "bombed" the colony with armored deploy capsules containing infantry operatives. They swiftly grouped at the small packs of four and five soldiers and began to assist ground forces that were already fighting.

Edited by Teloch

Just now, kyrozon said:

Fell simply walked past the crewman followed by the soldiers. As soonas a Crewman would draw a weapon a shard of the weapons the soldiers carried would pierce through it.

Alarms continue to blare and legions of Moas begin to pour into the rooms. Tusn flickers a bit and a few of the bots stagger.

"Sorry." He says. "Not used to this yet. I'll be fine."

Alarms continue to blare and legions of Moas begin to pour into the rooms. Tusn flickers a bit and a few of the bots stagger.

"Sorry." He says. "Not used to this yet. I'll be fine."

"Just make sure not to push yourself too much." The soldiers started shooting at the moa's. Fell let his weapons break into pieces and they created energy shields infront of him and Tsun.

2 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"Torpedos might get intercepted if used against non-external vessels or within an enemy formation. This case is a no-go for them. We have either to break the chain between them and the dreadnoughts or to force them to crumple their positions and generate a crowd. I'll set them on hold until the chance shows up"

The AMP ships "docked" the rear armor of the dreadnoughts and jacked in their energy systems, generating more energy than they could possibly contain in the regular mode. The additional force-fields emerged around the allied dreadnoughts

"The AMPs are on, A brief instruction of what to do now: they recharge via converting defensive force field damage into energy. You must use the dreadnoughts as batter rams now, and, for Void sake, don't even think about stopping firing from deck calibers! Otherwise, the reactors will melt due the overcharge"

The heavy fighters engaged the bombers and began to rocket them out one by one. Destroyers, in the meantime, took a distanced position and began to fire controlling volleys in order to prevent hostile light cruisers from shooting allied heavy fighters.

The dropships snugged beyond the planetary shield and "bombed" the colony with armored deploy capsules containing infantry operatives. They swiftly grouped at the small packs of four and five soldiers and began to assist ground forces that were already fighting.

"Then refocus Tropedo ships on the dreadnoughts." He says. "Vengeance and Interitus, get yourselves back into the fight and take out those heavy Cruisers."

The Valor and Zariman plow through the thicket of shots and ships, smashing apart two heavy cruisers. The Vegeance and Interitus close in on the remaining Heavy Cruisers.

The Bombers, losing fighters left and right, attempt to slowly retreat, however seven of them fall to the fighters as they try to lose their pursuers in the main firefight.

The fighters, taking the highest casualties, fall in droves to the concentrated fire. The Archwing Tenno fly back down towards the citadel, or the Dojo's. 

The Citadel appears to be heavily barricaded, though not many defenders can be seen by the outside forces. 

((Annd i'm back, let's bankrupt some corpus! I'm also going to asume that Melanie and Luna are on the bridge by now.))

Ceda had carefully possitioned the masked Orbiter at a vantage point at the right flank of the battlefield, close enough to aid in the fighting if needed. But still far away to not get accidentaly hit or draw immediate attention if they dropped the mask.

All allied vessels taking part in the battle is hailed simutlaneously over an encrypted channel by Ceda. "Attention defending fleet, I'm live-transmitting updated telemetry and scans of enemy vessels. Several flaws and weaknesses have been found. I recomend you exploit it." The message ends but a data-link is established.

"Operator, I have begun my attempts to coordinate the fleets fire, it should improve their effeciency." She said.

Luna looked at Melanie. Thinking for just a short moment. "I've fought nightmares... What you saw in our fight is the surface. But if you intend to do what I think you are then i'm going to need my exo-suit. A frame may limit me..." She said before she left the bridge for her arsenal.

Ceda's projection appears and takes Melanies attention.

"Mind elaborating on that plan of yours? Is there a particular ship you intend to infiltratre? And don't worry, Luna can still hear us."

Edited by Luthim
grammar

6 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

"Just make sure not to push yourself too much." The soldiers started shooting at the moa's. Fell let his weapons break into pieces and they created energy shields infront of him and Tsun.

As you round a corner you hear gunfire. A group of civilians in light armor are pinned down by corpus troops.

"Commander we aren't going to last much longer." One says.

"Then fire a smoke and get us out of here." Their leader of the civvies says. He is carrying a Prova and firing a Dera Vandal into the enemy group.

Edited by Rakawan

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Bit busy at the moment." He says. "Take them and join the forces retaking the Citadel. Watch your fire. White Archons are friendly, older models are not. There may be friendlies inside."

"Mind your fire as well," he replied as Ordis pinged his HUD with a message saying his ship had arrived.  "The neon yellow Corpus dreadnought is friendly."

He opened a different comm channel.  "Frank, any day now would be INCREDIBLY useful..."

His escadrille and he split up, each individual flitting around bolstering their ground troops as they pushed to retake the Citadel.

2 minutes ago, Luthim said:

((Annd i'm back, let's bankrupt some corpus! I'm also going to asume that Melanie and Luna are on the bridge by now.))

Ceda had carefully possitioned the masked Orbiter at a vantage point at the right flank of the battlefield, close enough to aid in the fighting if needed. But still far away to not get accidentaly hit or draw immediate attention if they dropped the mask.

All allied vessels taking part in the battle is hailed simutlaneously over an encrypted channel by Ceda. "Attention defending fleet, I'm live-transmitting updated telemetry and scans of enemy vessels. Several flaws and weaknesses have been found. I recomend you exploit it." The message ends but a data-link is established.

"Operator, I have begun my attempts to coordinate the fleets fire, it should improve their effeciency." She said.

Luna looked at Melanie. Thinking for just a short moment. "I've fought nightmares... What you saw in our fight is the surface. But if you intend to do what I think you are then i'm going to need my my exo-suit. A frame may limit me..." She said before she left the bridge for her arsenal.

Ceda's projection appears and takes Melanies attention.

"Mind elaborating on that plan of yours? Is there a particular ship you intend to infiltratre? And don't worry, Luna can still hear us."

Melanie transmits a security code to authenticate the data Ceda sends.

"I plan on infiltrating that Command ship and gutting that spineless worm." She says. "No one attacks my people and gets away with it. I can't punish the Kweens, not yet. But this Witch made the mistake of coming to MY planet, attacking MY people."

3 hours ago, Rakawan said:

(I'll assume you are on the bridge of the Vengeance for now.))

"Of course." He says. "We could use any help."

"Sir fleet is reporting 10% casualties." He says. "Enemy fleet is at 5%"

"Without reinforcements chance of victory are at 20% and falling per minute." C.A.L.C says. "Without ground defenses we cannot turn the tide. Neptune resistance cell is trying to disrupt the ships remaining in que, however they are meeting with a great deal of difficulty."

There is a cheer and you see several Archwings launch from Tenno landing craft. Some engage the fighters, others attempt to infiltrate the Cruisers.

Lord had been watching the battle, waiting for the correct moment to bring in the hopefully killing blow. He now saw his chance arrive. He whispered as he looked out over the battle outside. "Begin jump." Down on the ground, a deep humming could be heard throughout the Guild's research base, and a massive sphere of metal is launched into the sky. It comes to a halt near the rear end of the enemy formations, and begins to glow.

Lord monitored the launch, and smiled privately when the jump had been initiated.

Suddenly, a hulking ship the color of rust had appeared behind the enemy. Its beam turrets immediately finding targets. Swarms of fighters and bombers rushed from its hangar bays. The fighters strangely did not engage the enemy fighters, but seemed to be targeting the enemy's defenses. The purpose of this was unknown until the bombers reached the ships. Not needing to avoid the hail of defensive gunfire that was now being taken by the fighters, they were free to launch their payload onto weak points with ease. The enemy ship's armor crumbled, and it soon fell victim to the beam turrets of the ship.

Lord nodded to Ryoko. "I'd best be going. They won't last long without leadership." He vanished instantly, having blinked to the command bridge of his own ship.

Just now, Yzjdriel said:

"Mind your fire as well," he replied as Ordis pinged his HUD with a message saying his ship had arrived.  "The neon yellow Corpus dreadnought is friendly."

He opened a different comm channel.  "Frank, any day now would be INCREDIBLY useful..."

His escadrille and he split up, each individual flitting around bolstering their ground troops as they pushed to retake the Citadel.

"Pick a Dreadnought and hit it now." Ryoko says. "Zariman and Valor almost in position."

The two ships clear the massive firefight and begin to approach the Dreadnoughts.

1 minute ago, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

Lord had been watching the battle, waiting for the correct moment to bring in the hopefully killing blow. He now saw his chance arrive. He whispered as he looked out over the battle outside. "Begin jump." Down on the ground, a deep humming could be heard throughout the Guild's research base, and a massive sphere of metal is launched into the sky. It comes to a halt near the rear end of the enemy formations, and begins to glow.

Lord monitored the launch, and smiled privately when the jump had been initiated.

Suddenly, a hulking ship the color of rust had appeared behind the enemy. Its beam turrets immediately finding targets. Swarms of fighters and bombers rushed from its hangar bays. The fighters strangely did not engage the enemy fighters, but seemed to be targeting the enemy's defenses. The purpose of this was unknown until the bombers reached the ships. Not needing to avoid the hail of defensive gunfire that was now being taken by the fighters, they were free to launch their payload onto weak points with ease. The enemy ship's armor crumbled, and it soon fell victim to the beam turrets of the ship.

Lord nodded to Ryoko. "I'd best be going. They won't last long without leadership." He vanished instantly, having blinked to the command bridge of his own ship.

"Target that Dreadnought." Ryoko says. "Valor and Zariman will take the middle two. Richard's dreadnought will take the one on our starboad, you take the portside one."

9 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

On an all-black blinking Itzal flies an all-black Nova Prime nursing an Antimatter Drop half the size of an Infested Juggernaut.

"Sorry I'm late, didn't hear my alarm this morning"

Frank releases the Antimatter Drop into a cluster of Corpus Fighters, imploding it with a shot from his Velocitus

Edited by firewheel996
Forgot to quote

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Pick a Dreadnought and hit it now." Ryoko says. "Zariman and Valor almost in position."

The two ships clear the massive firefight and begin to approach the Dreadnoughts.

The neon monstrosity obliged, firing full volleys of everything directly into the dorsal section of the Dreadnought it had come out of punch directly on top of.

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

"Target that Dreadnought." Ryoko says. "Valor and Zariman will take the middle two. Richard's dreadnought will take the one on our starboad, you take the portside one."

Lord's voice came through on the comms. "Affirmative." The fighters and bombers had returned to the ship to refuel, but were rapidly spaceborne again. The fighters tried the same tactic as before, while a few protected the two bomber wings preparing to barrage. Their payload of a single torpedo was utterly vulnerable if targeted, and they were slow fliers.

Just now, firewheel996 said:

On an all-black blinking Itzal flies an all-black Nova Prime nursing an Antimatter Drop half the size of an Infested Juggernaut.

"Sorry I'm late, didn't hear my alarm this morning"

Frank releases the Antimatter Drop into a cluster of Corpus Fighters, imploding it with a shot from his Velocitus

The fighters, one of the last groups to have not taken casualties, were destroyed in the massive explosion, several surrounding enemy craft shuddered as their shields failed beneath the blast. All in all it was a shame, because as luck would have it several of the pilots had been close to retirement. 

Just now, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

Lord's voice came through on the comms. "Affirmative." The fighters and bombers had returned to the ship to refuel, but were rapidly spaceborne again. The fighters tried the same tactic as before, while a few protected the two bomber wings preparing to barrage. Their payload of a single torpedo was utterly vulnerable if targeted, and they were slow fliers.

The Dreadnought does not react until the ships were close, then fires a massive array of beams. The barrage halts, then resumes, then halts again for longer. It appears something is disrupting its targeting matrix as many of the shots are off target, however a few still find their mark.