The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synergy [OOC, rules, questions, and miscellany]

Yzjdriel

No others at all sir, I just find it fascinating how you can handle so many different individuals with differing backgrounds, beliefs, and personalities in such an orderly fashion. I myself can only seem to produce one fellow per "universe".

Due to the nature of Synergy and the conflicts that occur there, how would people feel about me starting a Second thread dealing with actual combat and an actual villain?

There would be one thread for Civil events (relic hunting, hanging with other Tenno, steakhouse) and one with combat.

They would affect eachother but due to my ideas for the villain not immediately.

The Combat thread will be called Synergy: Shadow war, and will interact with this thread, but involve missions to other planets or systems. 

It will focus on espionage and counterespionage and be oriented more towards combat or action based RP players. The rules will be somewhat stricter on actions, formatting itself more like an actual roleplaying campaign.

3 hours ago, Unus said:

No others at all sir, I just find it fascinating how you can handle so many different individuals with differing backgrounds, beliefs, and personalities in such an orderly fashion. I myself can only seem to produce one fellow per "universe".

Ahh I see, well..Im very muil-taskable

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

Due to the nature of Synergy and the conflicts that occur there, how would people feel about me starting a Second thread dealing with actual combat and an actual villain?

There would be one thread for Civil events (relic hunting, hanging with other Tenno, steakhouse) and one with combat.

They would affect eachother but due to my ideas for the villain not immediately.

During this final fight auto-hits and kills on sentient are allowed, within reason. 

The Combat thread will be called Synergy: Shadow war, and will interact with this thread, but involve missions to other planets or systems. 

It will focus on espionage and counterespionage and be oriented more towards combat or action based RP players. The rules will be somewhat stricter on actions, formatting itself more like an actual roleplaying campaign.

It will also be run by Cephalon C.A.L.C rather than a human NPC.

How does everyone feel about this?

Well, for starters, I don't see anything wrong with starting a new topic, made for Combat only, trying to keep up with two topics all at once, might be a bit of a hassle, due to both switching one to another, if you fully intend for the civil one to be interacted with, then I strongly suggest you keep the same topic. as it will be hard to tell, when its being effected or not.

However I am down for a fully combat based topic, for all the fights/missions and combat missions, hance what is going on, but like I said, it may prove difficult, I did suggest to have a Civil & Combat based topics, but we'll see how it roles out. 

So, overall, how I feel?, as long the rules are not too demanding and Combat stays combat, then that shuold be fine, however I think it shuold be fine how it is atm, but if you really want to put apart civil and combat, then I suggest you do so, but don't let the two topics conflict, as that whuold be somewhat confusing  

They will affect eachother, as in events in one may cause events in the other, but only in dire cases. Shadow War will be set in the Origin system and on the moon, while Synergy will still be based on Phenix. 

Characters that join one must leave the other, as they cannot exist in two places at once. For example if Zaeed joined Shadow war and went on a mission he could not also be in he hospital in Sunergy. While it is extra work, it also simplifies things. 

I had the idea because when I usually start a combat event everyone jumps into it like it the end of the world. I'd like to keep this one mostly civil, while still exploring combat missions with the same characters I have.

6 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Characters that join one must leave the other, as they cannot exist in two places at once. For example if Zaeed joined Shadow war and went on a mission he could not also be in he hospital in Sunergy. While it is extra work, it also simplifies things. 

I facepalmed so hard, how am I that STUPID!? XD

6 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

They will affect eachother, as in events in one may cause events in the other, but only in dire cases. Shadow War will be set in the Origin system and on the moon, while Synergy will still be based on Phenix. 

I had the idea because when I usually start a combat event everyone jumps into it like it the end of the world. I'd like to keep this one mostly civil, while still exploring combat missions with the same characters I have.

Then, this sounds great, I like the idea, I now understand, what you mean by this, and Im fully down for this, this helps alot, as it will clear up alot of attention, now my qeastion is, are we going to start a new topic for the Civil one?. or convert this one we have now into the Combat one? (As its been mostly combat for this time atm).

So if I had any say in this, I whuold start a fresh topic, for the Civil one, and just rename the one we use now, for the Combat one, and just keep going from there, until the event is over. This way, this will help Us As well, to shift over to that topic, where it will get more attention.

So, as a request, I won't mind that

Shadow War is basically your character going to C.A.L.C and signing up for a mission to find out more about [redacted] Because if [redacted] gets [redacted] hand's on [redacted] [redacted], [redacted] things will happen. 

[redacted]

8 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Shadow War is basically your character going to C.A.L.C and signing up for a mission to find out more about [redacted] Because if [redacted] gets [redacted] hand's on [redacted] [redacted], [redacted] things will happen. 

[redacted]

Uhm?

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Shadow War will start after this and will deal with things uncovered during this last fight. 

Copy that

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Synergy will continue to deal with civil and domestic events.

And that means?, will this topic return to its Cvil ways or will it be converted into the Combat one? (A fresh RP one, whuold be helpful to, to clear up the space, and just get the topic locked, up to you, don't mind) 

Hay Guys: Harbinger has his own Thame Song!, want to go check it out?:  Go see it in the thame song, in his Profile!

More will come, feel free to do your own theme songs, it will be great to hear what music you guys are in, and how it fits your OC!

Edited by -Platinum-

30 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

Uhm?

Copy that

And that means?, will this topic return to its Cvil ways or will it be converted into the Combat one? (A fresh RP one, whuold be helpful to, to clear up the space, and just get the topic locked, up to you, don't mind) 

This thread will return to civil events. There may still be some military events, but for the most part combat will shift to Shadow war following the defeat of Xipha.

Also. The final fight against Xipha has started.

Drones are swarming everywhere.

Feel free to mini-dm your own fights against the drones. Invent new drones, then brutally smash them to pieces. Showcase your characters power or teamwork.

I will be dming the plot events surrounding Xipha and notify you when the battle is concluded.

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

Also. The final fight against Xipha has started.

Drones are swarming everywhere.

Feel free to mini-dm your own fights against the drones. Invent new drones, then brutally smash them to pieces. Showcase your characters power or teamwork.

I will be dming the plot events surrounding Xipha and notify you when the battle is concluded.

Cool, I might gave Graxx turn on Xipha's forces, just waiting for a Tenno to offer him a better deal 

Edited by -Platinum-