Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Liking the new modding system

dodorichard

Question

I started seriously to forma my weapons so I dont always rely on Tonkor and Synoid Simulor. So I slapped a forma on my Atomos and went to a Dark Sector defense to try it out. Because of the new system I was able to put in 32 points of mods onto a newly forma-ed weapon. So for something that was "unranked" it was pretty OP and had a blast trying out new mechanics and really trying how to understand how to use the weapon. Running around on Draco just doesnt allow you time to try different tactics so was really enjoying it. Had some pretty good level squad members so after 20 waves it was already level 16, one or two more short runs later it was fully ranked. 

Enjoyed the experience a lot so did it a couple more times, added another forma to my Atomos and one to my Ignis. Maybe not the most "efficient and quickest" way to level but I find actually using the weapon while leveling really adds to the commitment you have towards understanding each weapon. The new modding system really helps in this way by making any new weapon usable and effective so you can do some real work rather than in the past where we shoot pillows at enemies till you hit at least level 10 and can put on some decent mods.

6 answers to this question

A moderator has to move it for you.

I agree, the new system is lovely. I formaed my Chroma for the 8th time, and could fit all my mods at except for the Primed Flow before I took him on a mission. Made it much easier to do something fun while leveling, instead of doing braindead Draco farming.