Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bullet Deflection

Nanak0r0bi

I think it wold be pretty awsome if you could deflect enemie bulltes eg Gray Fox from MGS. I mean, it woldnt be as if you could do it all the time, but maybe it would spend some stamina or something.

At least i think it would look pretty cool, but i realy want to know what the comunity thiks about it.

I don't like the idea, it would make the game too easy

+ you don't hold constantly the sword in your arms (only draw it for a slash) so devs would have to make sword like a primary weapon too (which is the secon idea I don't like)

+ bullets are too fast (high velocity)

Edited by Strac_CRO

I didnt mean that the sword would be a primary weapon... It was more like a button that, while you kept it pressed, it would deflect some bullets (based on weapon level, bloodknight's idea, etc). You woudn't be able to attack while it was pressed, at the same time it would consume your stamina... I think something like this would adequate to the game theme nicely and it would be visually wicked.

Would fit to the theme of the game.

I wonder how close to Star Wars we can get this game in similarity.

You mean from "Nowhere near it" to "hey look, that asteroid looks really like one of those I've seen in *insert star wars film here*"?

Seriously man, what the...

so the bigger you are and the closer you get the more chance of being hit? and would the size of the weapon factor into that? a dagger isnt going to block as much area as say the big axe but it can be moved faster then it...how they would be able to balance it properly i dont know way too many variables

You mean from "Nowhere near it" to "hey look, that asteroid looks really like one of those I've seen in *insert star wars film here*"?

XD oh god i love you guys, i think he means the whole lightsabers blocking lasers and the jedi(many characters) never being touched by one

XD oh god i love you guys, i think he means the whole lightsabers blocking lasers and the jedi(many characters) never being touched by one

Yeah probably, but anyways even if the "Look IMMA INVINCIBLE1!!" happened it would have totally another feeling.

You would feel like a badass ninja/samurai cutting the bullets/blocking them with weapon.

Now you really confused me.

Yeah, I meant similarity with the jedi and lightsaber stuff.

Tennos are pretty close to jedi afterall.

Tennos are pretty close to jedi afterall.

Not at all.

I really can't compare a Jedi to a futuristic ninjas modified with a virus and with shields.

The lore also is totally another story. Regardless from how we are pictured, Tennos should be really a race at the edge of extinction and should be persecuted, enemies shouldn't run like girls. (This thing is being resolved, enemies are way more aggressive now)

Don't get me wrong, I like Star Wars, it's just that I can't compare it in any way to the universe of this game.

Not at all.

I really can't compare a Jedi to a futuristic ninjas modified with a virus and with shields.

The lore also is totally another story. Regardless from how we are pictured, Tennos should be really a race at the edge of extinction and should be persecuted, enemies shouldn't run like girls. (This thing is being resolved, enemies are way more aggressive now)

Don't get me wrong, I like Star Wars, it's just that I can't compare it in any way to the universe of this game.

In games, star wars games with jedi and warframe play similary.

You got some guns and a sword.. doing some flips in the air.. using some powers.. being much more powerful and different than most of your enemies.

That's what I meant.

In both cases, you are a superhuman with a sword. In one case you're a techno space ninja and the other is a mystical force monk. They are actually quite similar. The biggest difference is that Jedi don't use guns (usually).

Yeah, they're so much more skilled, jedi would win.

I don't like the idea, it would make the game too easy

+ you don't hold constantly the sword in your arms (only draw it for a slash) so devs would have to make sword like a primary weapon too (which is the secon idea I don't like)

+ bullets are too fast (high velocity)

Have you tried closing for melee in, say, Pluto? Unless you have a power like Smokescreen, fuhgeddaboutit.

And when you do manage to close you charge attack... And the guy still has 40% health left. Melee is extremely weak at high levels right now and defensive maneuvers like bullet deflecting would go a long way in fixing this.

Have you tried closing for melee in, say, Pluto? Unless you have a power like Smokescreen, fuhgeddaboutit.

And when you do manage to close you charge attack... And the guy still has 40% health left. Melee is extremely weak at high levels right now and defensive maneuvers like bullet deflecting would go a long way in fixing this.

DE's Unreal Championship 2 had some awesome tools for closing into melee - timed right you could reflect a missile shot or sniper bullet back at an enemy. Parrying melee would also create a stun.

In Warframe, the devs could add projectile reflect frames in a frontal cone on melee attacks (giving an actual gameplay balance reason for melee attacks to drain stamina). Melee strikes would also have short invincibility frame windows, which timed correctly, function as riposte which cuts and defends against an enemy's melee attack at the same.

DE's Unreal Championship 2 had some awesome tools for closing into melee - timed right you could reflect a missile shot or sniper bullet back at an enemy. Parrying melee would also create a stun.

In Warframe, the devs could add projectile reflect frames in a frontal cone on melee attacks (giving an actual gameplay balance reason for melee attacks to drain stamina). Melee strikes would also have short invincibility frame windows, which timed correctly, function as riposte which cuts and defends against an enemy's melee attack at the same.

My opinion on melee is that this should be totally viable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eYvHtfOV7A

Well, the sense of "I should be able to kill anything with melee attacks without feeling ridiculously frustrated", not precisely in the sense that "my evasion move should be a teleport" (except for Ash who totally should teleport as an evasion move).