Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What to build Supra or Quanta?

dodorichard

Question

5 answers to this question

They are very different weapons. The Supra has decent (sorta if you use the syndicate mod) status chance, but can't hit the side of a barn. And the Quanta gets most of it's damage by alt-firing floating square grenade type things that you shoot to detonate.The regular beam damage is nothing to turn your nose at, but has a limited range.

Edited by (PS4)B0XMAN517
Changed can to can't

Neither are top tier and they are used very differently. Pick what looks fun.

Personally I'd recommend Quanta. I never liked Supra because flight time and low accuracy make it bad at long range, while a slow reload makes it unpleasant to use up close. It's just way too specific to "medium range" for my taste.

i think if you are planning to max only one of them, the quanta is a better choice. -> more damage and Aoe, which is all this game is about

both are really fun to use, but as others said, both are outclassed by other guns. However, if you play in a squad, the added AoE of the quanta or the status effects of the supra might be more useful than another sancti tigris for example.

Do the quanta, and if you like it, invest in the Quanta Vandal.

It has amazing ammo efficiency (both) with the alt fire allowing you to work on packs while not diminishing your single target damage (beam is unaffected by accuracy dump mods like heavy caliber) via pin point head shots. It has electric damage so it is easier to get things like corrosive damage modded in. QV also has innate 25% status (vs 15% on normal quanta). Punch through works on both the beam and secondary fire (box will damage target on way through but not explode), as does the Combustion Beam mod (not useful for "late game" but fun for the map). Ammo efficiency makes the rate of fire mods a relative non issue as well.

It may not be "god tier" but it is a solid weapon that will last you through the entire star map, similar to the Ignis. It has taken the place of my Ignis for any mission that will be ammo intensive or require high damage where I don't need the innate punch through of the ignis (for finding caches or medallions for dailies).