Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New to forums, got creative content, where should I post??

Dragon-Elixion

Question

So I'm an amateur author and I've decided to start writing fan concepts for Warframe because the game is so open for lore and inspiring for content. I've never posted on forums before as I'm kind of shy with my stuff. Can someone just direct me to where I should post various things?? So far I have:

Lore - historical lore that won't change future gameplay.
Setting - new idea for potential expansion including a new enemy type and a new planet.
Character - new characters including new Warframe designs.

Most everything I write is in the format of a short story or chapter, so it's all creative prose.

I started with a short 1000-odd words and I find myself updating the three separate documents every few days, so I figured I could add them to the forum and update them as I go. If I don't get a strong suggestion I'll just add them to this thread. Honestly looking for constructive criticism. Don't sugar-coat anything, if I'm doing something wrong or stupid please tell me.

Dragon-Elixion

2 answers to this question

Welcome to the community!

There are multiple places to put everything, and sometimes it depends on the intent and context. Stuff like Lore TheoriesFan Stories, and other stuff related to that goes in the Fan Zone of the Extras subforum. When it comes to Lore Theories, you are sometimes allowed to post them over in General Discussion of the Community subforum if your intent is to create discussion between community members.

Posts that involve the addition of new content such as areas and characters typically go into Fan Concepts of the Extras subforum. However, if your new idea is created with the intent to improve an already existing aspect of the game, your idea goes into the Feedback section and into any of the appropriate subforums within.

Many thanks. I'll try to sort my stuff out a bit more as it overlaps at the moment, might throw links in there to help stuff make sense (example I'll put story with the new planet and enemy type in one thread with a link to a different thread that analyses tilesets and enemy appearance and abilities).